• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Amor vetitum (Forbidden Love) Human x Vampire RP

Hiri

Wannabe Kawaii Girl
Introduction: Alice's Point Of View

Winter is always a cold and bitter time. This year especially it was worse. We were struggling to meet ends meet more than usual, due to my Father's deteriorating physical health. It was in the new year that my life came to an end. My mother came to me sobbing as Elliot and Alex were already in bed. "We don't have enough money to pay rent, or buy more food..." she said whilst collapsing into my arms. I knew then what I had to do, after all it was only a matter of time. I hugged and consoled my mother whilst trying to contain my own tears. "I...I will take the job at the Paal mansion." My father quickly said no, telling me that it was not necessary. That made my blood boil. "It isn't necessary for you guys to live like this anymore either!" I quickly headed to my room and locked the door. Packing my worn out leather suitcase, while my mother begged and pleaded for me to come out. I soon unlocked the door and ran right past her. They soon caught up to me but I was already at the door, ready to leave.

I found myself pausing as I heard my father croak.
"Don't...don't go Alice..." I turned around to see my father's face painted in tears. Tears then streamed down my now rosy cheeks. I couldn't dare look at their faces any longer, In fear that I would back out. I knew how much they needed this. So I ran out the door running through the snow, never ever look back.

Warm silk bed sheets and good pay could not take away my pain. It has been a month since that day and It still feels like it happened yesterday. Sighing softly I came to the reality that I could not lay in bed and ponder about the past any longer. Because I knew Madame Paal would not be pleased, if I hadn't at least started being productive. So I put on my uniform and headed down to the main floor unsure of who or rather, what to expect this early on in the day.

Last edited:
(I can't really do any fancy formatting atm since I'm on by phone, so sorry if it's one big block of text)

Vauhn had been reading a book on the sitting room sofa, when he heard footsteps coming down the foyer stairs. Curious as to who may be up so early, he closed the book and set it aside on the coffee table, remembering what page he left off on. He then got up from the sofa before approaching the doorway connecting to the foyer; he saw that about a little more than halfway up the stairs, the new human servant that had recently been hired, Alice, was coming downstairs. Vauhn was, to say the least, a bit fascinated by her, as he had never seen a human before her, due to the fact that his parents never allowed him to leave the walls surrounded the manor. He recalled first meeting her:

It was rather unexpected. Despite the fact that ads for the position had been up for about two weeks, no-one had yet to answer the ad. When she first entered the manor, his mother instantly asked her what business she had with the Paals. Whilst the wo were talking, Vauhn began inconspicuously walking around Alice. He was surprised at how similar humans actually looked to vampires. He always knew that vampires had long sense evolved to blend in with humans, but he never realized quite the extent. Looking back at it, circling around her like that would most likely come off as creepy. Luckily, she was--or at least appeared to be--too preoccupied with his mother to notice him.

Vauhn hadn't really spoken with Alice yet, as he hadn't really gotten a chance to, and wondered if he should properly introduce himself or not. He decided not to, not wanting to interrupt whatever it is she may be doing downstairs. After this, Vauhn went back to the sitting room sofa to continue reading his book.

As Alice began making breakfast, she could not help but think about Madame Paals youngest son. She remembered clearly how uncomfortable she felt when she first saw him. Her palms were sweaty as he circled around the room. It felt like as if she entered a Lion's territory, and she was the prey. She could not help but remember his dark grey eyes, and how unusual and mesmerizing they were. But Alice only took a glance and she did not dare to look at him again. In fear that his father or mother would think she was not paying attention to them, while she was being interviewed.

Once she finished with the last batch of pancakes, Alice went up first to the Master Bedroom, where Madame Paal still slept. She carried and balanced a plate of freshly cut pancakes, as well as water on the tray. She knocked politely on the door. "Breakfast is ready..." No reply. So instead she left it outside beside her door in the hall. Alice continued on with the same routine excluding Iliyana's room. This was so Iliyana could have more "beauty sleep." Which Alice had felt was an excuse. But none the less, Alice finally came to Vauhns room. She knocked politely on the door, twice in a row. The blonde stood there patiently, feeling rather confused. Her palms started to sweat. It was not like him not to answer the door or at least come a few minutes after, to retrieve his breakfast once she had started to walk away.

A thought ran through Alice's mind. It wouldn't hurt to check if he is okay, would it? She then realized had never been in anyone's room, except for Iliyana's. Which was only to help her get dressed. She knew that this would be against the Rules. But she couldn't help but feel at least a little curious as to what Vauhn's room looked like, or what he had in it. Alice looked down both sides of the hallway, there was no one to be seen. This was probably her only chance to find out more about Vauhn without having to talk to him. Or to find out if he is still asleep or not. So she slowly turned the doorknob and tiptoed quietly in his room,not realizing that she had forgotten to shut the door behind her.

Vauhn continued on reading his book, temporarily ignoring Alice. Despite being a bit curious as to what she was up to, though, he was able to ignore the nagging curiosity so that he may be able to finish reading the chapter of his book he was currently on. Eventually, however, the nagging feeling became too much, and he let the curiosity get the better of him. He placed a bookmark in his book before setting aside on the table. He then proceeded to get off of the sofa and make his way carefully to the stairs. He wanted to be quiet, as he didn't want to disturb whatever it may be that she was doing. He eventually made it to the top of the stairs after multiple slow, careful steps. When he arrived to the upper floor, he heard faint words being uttererd from around the corner and down the hall, but he couldn't make out what the words were. He peeked his head around the corner to see his bedroom door open. A bit perplexed, Vauhn decided to approach his room to investigate, but then then he realized what was she was doing: 'Ahh, she must be exploring the house!' he thought silently to himself. Vauhn wasn't aware of many of the rules his mother or father had in place for her, so he wasn't aware if she was breaking them or not. After waitng a few seconds, he decided to enter the room himself. Sure enough, here she was. He wasn't sure if she had noticed his presence yet, though. Vauhn closed the door behind him and flicked the lights on so that it wasn't so dark. Vauhn then turned around to look back at Alice before going to speak.

As Alice walked around the room, she couldn't help but notice the little knick knacks scattered around. She would delicately pick them up and take a closer look, before gently setting them back down into their original spots. She couldn't help but notice that the windows were covered in heavy and delicate dark curtains, just like Iliyana's room. It felt rather odd to Alice since she enjoyed sunlight, as well as feeling the breeze on her skin when she opened her own window.

The longer she stayed in Vauhn's room the more settled she got in it .She couldn't help but wonder what type of view he had. The curiosity got to her as she slowly made her way to the curtains. Just as she was about to open them up, the light flicked on behind her. "Ahh!" she yelped. She turned around and saw him standing in front of her. She couldn't help but admire the beauty of his eyes for a moment. But her light blue eyes soon darted to the floorboards beneath her feet. "S-Sorry...I-I shouldn't be in here...." She blushed and murmured softly to him.

Vauhn chuckled a bit when he saw her jump a bit. He shook his head, "Nah, it's fine; I don't really mind." he told her. She expressed an emotion that Vauhn, at first, couldn't quite recognize. After noticing a few key characteristics, however--such as blushing, looking at the floor, and murmuring--he came to the conclusion that she was likely feeling rather embarrassed, an emotion most vampires aren't familiar with. He decided he'd try to make her feel less embarrassed by talking about something other than the predicament. "I was just wondering what you were up to; I feel like I've barely seen you despite the month that's already passed with you being here." He looked over behind Alice to notice a small breakfast meal had been layed out for him. "Oh! Breakfast...is that what you were doing...? I hadn't realized how early you got up to make it..." He said as walked over to it, ripping a piece off of and then taking a bite of the croissant, something that, for some reason unbeknownst to him, his mother had requested to be part of everyone's morning meal. "Mmm...it explains why it always tastes so cold, when I eat it, though...I do get up a bit later than I probably should...it really does taste much better when it's warm...Oh, have you had breakfast yet? You can have the rest of my croissant, if you'd like--you are the one the cooked it after all; it's only fair that you get to try some of it." He said finishing his mini-rambling session. Smiling happily, he extended his arm out with the other half of the croissant--which was held by a napkin--in his hand, offering it to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back