◊ 「 Ambrosia and Ichor 」 [ VITAL ]

CupAndCough

Sought Hope Here, Became Blind To It
   >//:    A M B R O S I A     A N D    I C H O R || "The Heart of A Higher Power" 

> Data Retrieved

> Opening File: We made you stronger.pdf 

>> || From what you now realize, you are not the same as you once were, child. You are not the person you used to be. You are "Refined" in a sense, "Purified" even, much like how one may try to purify the contents of a chemical or item via setting it ablaze--you too have been refined to bring about your most purest qualities. One such purity is your     A M B R O S I A   and your  「 I C H O R -- These are the the items in which you call your abilities. Think of  A M B R O S I A  and  「 I C H O R   as a new cardio system.   A M B R O S I A being the heart.I C H O R  the blood. This system is not inherent in all humanity. Only you few and those who were not taken. It is also apparent in those abominations within 「 P Y S C H E ..    A M B R O S I A 」」 pumps「 I C H O R  through the body allowing you to call upon your fantastic abilities, but they do not exist within the True Reality of Earth. It needs a medium....

>>|| The system needs a medium. A tether to both realities as it exists fully in neither. This nucleus can appear anywhere on the body. Mostly in areas corresponding to where they manipulate or feel most comfortable drawing their power. These areas often improve a corresponding aspect of their being, such as having an   A M B R O S I A over a heart may lead to strong amounts of courage and bravado.

Be keenly aware where your weak point is as This circulatory system is partially bio-luminescent, it dimly shows through the skin and alludes to where on may have their    A M B R O S I A . This is demonstrated as the veins with 「 I C H O R  shine brighter towards the heart of the   A M B R O S I A  However ONE thing must be realize when seeking to manipulate one's abilities:

NEVER ALLOW THE AREA YOUR  A M B R O S I A  TO BE DAMAGED. TO ALLOW IT TO BE DAMAGE INJURES YOU GREATLY AND GREATLY DIMINISHES YOUR ABILITIES. 

>>|| With all things, this system is finite. Subject to Entropy and all of it's tendrils. One can clearly denote these reserves of power through the color of their 「 I C H O R , which dimly shine through the skin.

Clear differences in abilities and how one can naturally excel and fall short in certain areas can be directly correlated to the location of the Ambrosia and the color of the Ichor one has. Some colors are only apparent depending on the location of the Ambrosia. Let's discuss the how Locations affect the user...

A M B R O S I A    L O C A T I O N S   ||  The Triad Of Forms  」

| Class is In Session. | 

「 T H E   S P I N E   V A R I A N T  || The Juggernaut  」

Those whose A M B R O S I A  is located at the spine, found in a nexus between the shoulder-blades and neck of the owner, these individuals are blessed with the natural abilities of the highest durability, defense, strength and control of abilities that make them nearly unparalleled in the way of close combat.

The Spine Ambrosia directly correlates to the ability to sustain damage easily. The Nerves are actually what this  A M B R O S I A  could be called, but due to the location's appearance The Spine is the accepted term.      

One's  A M B R O S I A  here leaves a large opening, though it is a tough job gaining the upper-hand on a Spine.  The Spine potentially excels above any other in the terms of non-power raw physical ability and have a extraordinary possession of being able to force their body to go further beyond anything they were able to do before. Pain is also difficult to inflict on the Spine, specifically physical, as they can withstand heavy damage while being relatively unscathed

This aspect of their ability is often the downfall of them--many growing so over confident that they forget one of their flaws: Lack Of Regeneration. Spines cannot regenerate at the speed of their counterparts. What would be a easily healable injury for a Heart or a Brain is rather hefty on the Spine at the cost of being to take MANY of those attack which would cause a basic injury. As such many Spine specialize their abilities in longevity and sustaining their body as long as possible. Defensive powers are most prominent, but they are things Spines cannot accomplish 

Spines also tend to have little to no widespread control of their abilities, their powers being very confined to a closed area around them. In this sense they lack the range of Brains and the choice of Hearts. Although to make up for this they seemingly have vast endurance physically and often have abilities directly correlating to physical abilities or the usage of one's ability is physical movements. For Example:

Like all abilities in this role-play, abilities are not cut and dry, A Pyrokinetic Spine may have access to both fire abilities and utilizing things associated with it, like all owners of A M B R O S I A , however they are specialized in creating things such as defensive armors. Example: a Brimstone smokescreen that hides the user, or a volcanic rock that becomes encrusted on the body as a pseudo-armor/body-weapon combo. This is all possible--except for Range. Spines have specific lack of range and coverage.  

I N   S U M M A R Y 

The Spinal Variant of  A M B R O S I A  is a defensive variant associated with fortitude, constitution and permanence. They have the highest pain tolerance out of all Variants and are able to show feats of physical ability that are nearly unparalleled. What they lack in range and adaptability they gain in sheer power, brute force, and defensive options. 

The main weaknesses of this type are the blind spot of which their  A M B R O S I A  is located--The Back-- an overzealous and overconfident Spine can be easily defeat or killed if they dare show their back and have no way of protection. Another weakness is the Slowest Regneration of all the Variants. Sustaining damage is easy, recovering from it is not. Another weakness: Lack of Range, these Variant are all close and personal. 

Pros                 |                Cons 

Highest Durability                                             Restricted To Close Quarters 

Highest Physical Strength                                           Slowest Regeneration

(Average Weight-Lift: 2000lbs)                                                             (Post Count: 6 post regen-rate)

Strongest Defensive Capabilities                          Awkward Location of Ambrosia To Defend

「 T  H  E    H E A R T    V A R I A N T  || The Vicious 」

Those of The Heart Variant are blessed with the versatility and utility, never being totally proficient in any subject, save for one--however this is made up with their ability to adapt and hold ground easily, while they would never be a match for Spines in the way for fighting close quarters and being able to withstand attacks, or never truly rival Brains in the way of being able to control the minute aspects of their powers--Hearts are the most versatile out of the three. The are similar to natural humans in the way of physicality, albeit with threshold of power and speed higher than most ordinary humans, they are formidable due to how nimble and fluid their styles can range from. 

Regeneration is a key aspect to the Hearts, the  A M B R O S I A  is directly above the center of the Cardiovascular system and creates a "binary" heart system. Both "Hearts" are nestled upon each other, some are even fully formed into one organ (Though it is still referred to Ambrosia, some rumor them to be True Ambrosia), this also puts the user in a precarious situation where if one were to be stricken where the  A M B R O S I A  lay then it would have hefty repercussions for the Heart System as a whole.

Fully integrated with the masses of veins, arteries, and marrows of the body, The Ambrosia has little to no effort transferring vital and life giving Ichor-laced blood into the system. This promotes the highest amount of regeneration possible, but also puts terrible taxes the user if they desire to use their abilities as both Regeneration and Powers are fundamentally dependent on 「 I C H O R . Healing wounds could take up vital resources needed to fight back, and many Hearts take this key factor for granted. Including this, they have no way of honing or strengthening this key feature of themselves--they are permanently stuck at the same level of regeneration as they were born with.

In consideration of how a Heart may have their power manifest is within the middle ground of both of its counterparts. Not entirely long ranged, Not gifted close range--it is up to the user whether or not they go about in one discipline or another. Expect to be outclassed in both when through against the sibling locations. 

Slightly Above-Average Stats                       Does Not Excel In Powers or Physicality 

Highest Regeneration Rate                         Does Not Excel in Range or Close Quarters 

(Post Count: 3 post regen rate )                                                             

Versatility and Adaptability                    Can Easily Run Out Of Ichor From Regeneration

「 T  H  E     B R A I N    V A R I A N T  || The Scholar 」

The Brain Variant is the physically weaker and more human, some are a bit weaker than a human, than the rest of the variations. They are also the only one where their Ambrosia can manifest anywhere on the head. The most prevalent location of the Brain Variant is the middle of the forehead or eyes. These different areas tend not to change the way the Brain Variant goes about living--however they may display a prominent features such a Heterochromia, a mark akin to a Bindi, or even large scar-like blemishes. Brain Variants tend to have an easier time protecting their Ambrosia comparatively to the rest of the Variants. However the biggest affliction to the Brain Variant is a prevalence of mental disorders, and if already having one--rapidly increasing the severity of it once an Ambrosia is activated.                                                                                                                                                                            

Example: A Brain Variant with a predisposition to bipolar disorder may experience very strong mood swings. A Brain Variant with a predisposition to dissociative identity disorder may experience a personality over taking another--or even a creation of another. 

The Brain Variant or Mind Variant is extremely proficient in utilizing their ability--having refined control over their powers that no other Variant can claim rival to. The Brain Variant is very rarely and very unlikely to have any power that empowers their physical body, and even it they do , it may hold dire consequences as they do not have the physical endurance to stress their limits so far. At most if one does have ownership of these abilities expect them not to withstand the injuries they retain as they have the low-to-average regeneration. The Brains Claim to have a boost in mental abilities, such as decision making, problem solving, and social awareness. Some may not be gifted with these and may excel in a single area of these mental gifts--but due to the prevalence mental disorders it comes at a cost. 

The range at which they can manipulate their abilities is very respectable in the distance they can be still in control. A skilled and smart Mind Variant can eliminate a target from a distance. 

Boost To Mental Activity                                              Lowest Durability

Low-To-Average Regeneration      Prevalence To Mental Disorder Which Worsen On Ability Activation

(Post Count: 4 post cooldown regen-rate)                                                        

Easy Ambrosia to Defend                                              Weakest Physically

Strongest Raw Abilities                                      Physical Abilities Are Damaging  

c o n t i n u i t y

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back