• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Alternate Earth (Homestuck RP)

Primrose

A very smol child.
Three years ago, on a planet that is similar to ours, there were four young heroes. While they might not know it yet, these four heroes are to embark on a journey with one another, whenever they like it or not.

On this planet, however, something has changed. Not only one species rules over the planet by themselves. In fact, there are two dominant species who inhabit the Earth, coexisting alongside each other, regardless of clashing of ritual and opinions. These two species were known as Humans and Trolls. Each species had their own laws and routines set out, but every now and then, these two races would interact with each other, either it be for the good or for the worst.

Walking along the streets of America, one of the few countries that both troll and human coexist in the same spot, a lone human girl was making her way home after a rough day of higher education. She looked tired and worn from working, and her clothes were a little scruffy to say the least. It would seem her life could be a million times better right now, but her education, home life and social life were taking up a lot of her time, leaving not much time for herself.

What will be the name of this girl?

>Absolute Dickbag._

No no! That won't do at all. How rude!

>Tess Primrose._

That's much better. Our young woman is named Tess Primrose, and she is 17 years of age, and she has many more years ahead of her.

Tess seemed to be deep in thought on her journey home, and not really concentrating on what was around her. To her, it was all the same. Nothing new to be seen. She still had a long while until she was anywhere near her house, so until then, her thoughts were drowned out by her music, as she wondered her way home.

((
@Zakkol ))

Sitting in at a desk in an apartment, a young man was hunched over a large board. A computer sat on the desk too, several windows open on the monitor, resting atop a pile of stacked books. Outside, the afternoon sun covered the scene in a warm light. It was really closer to evening, but for the male, it didn't really matter what the time was. He was involved in his project.

Currently, he was working on a variety of studies regarding animals. Instead of covering normal animals though, like the majority of other people who were doing the same study would be doing, he had opted to do studies on lusi. With them, he figured he might be able to get some more interesting drawings done. However, the one person, or troll, rather, that he had hoped to get help from wasn't as helpful as he would've liked. It wasn't her fault though.

Despite this, he had gone ahead and found pictures to use, courtesy of the internet. Which is always a viable method of finding things.

Using pronouns all the time isn't of much use though. This person needs a name. What will his be in this situation?

==> Smudge McTwat

While that is indeed really rather rude, at least one part of his name was right.

==> Aden McCoyhn

Ah good job. You got there eventually. This dashing lad is named Aden McCoyhn, and is currently eighteen years old. An exciting age. He's also got a lot of exciting things ahead of him. Not that he's aware of that of course. He's too involved with his work at the moment. The only thing that could distract him would be someone messaging him. Oh wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tess had finally managed to find her way to the door of her home, and while she fumbled around in her bag for her keys, a thought came to mind. She had recently met someone who was of the creative sort, somewhat like herself. She too had a passion for art, but she was also interested in the art of playing the keyboard. Though, she never really thought she was good at it. For a while, Tess had been wanting to do a project of sorts with someone, to make a piece of art and music that correspond with one another. She felt as if her skills didn't work well together, but if she could find someone else that would be willing to work with her...

Once she was inside her home, she dashed upstairs and made herself back at home in her bedroom. Approaching her desk, she took out her headphones and removed her phone from her pocket, putting it to the side, before sitting down and opening up her laptop. Ah. No one messaged her while she was at school, it seemed. Well, apart from that one troll that she'd met in a library one time. It would appear that he'd gone offline now though. Oh well.

Tess decided to put her idea in action, and opened up a new conversation window;

--tinyCentaur began pestering vibrantFlare--

TC: helloooo

TC: how are you? c:

For a moment, she was paranoid that the other would be confused to why someone they had only known for a short amount of time would be talking to them. Tess, for one, couldn't really bring herself to talk to new people, as much as she'd like to. Hopefully her attempt wouldn't be in vain.

As the message came through, a small beeping noise accompanied it. A message had come through. Aden looked up at the monitor, and away from the piece he was working on. It seemed that TC had sent him a message. Not wanting to come across as rude, Aden replied, resting his elbow on the board, smudging some of the pencil work.

--tinyCentaur began pestering vibrantFlare--

TC: helloooo

TC: how are you? c:

VF: I'm alright I guess

VF: A bit busy at the moment, but we can talk if you'd like

VF: I mean, that's what you're here for, right?

Aden lent back in his chair, looking up for the first time in an hour or so. He'd been working hard that afternoon. The project wasn't due for a good while, but he still wished to get it done sooner rather than later to have more time to do things that he cared about. What exactly were those things? Probably drawing something to relax. Or cooking. Living alone often forced Aden to do a lot of his own cooking, not that it was a problem for him. He found it an enjoyable experience, and that was really all there was to it.

While Aden also enjoyed video games quite a bit, he often found that he didn't have as much time to play them now as he used to. However, when he did have time, he made sure to use it to it's fullest. Said time was normally found when he finished things early. In the mean time though, Aden figured he needed a break, and sat there, patiently waiting for a reply from TC

Tess was surprised to have gotten a response so soon. She figured this wasn't the type of person to be slightly skeptical of new people, thankfully. Slipping off her shoes while she relaxed at her desk, she opened up the conversation window once more, and began to type away her response.

--

VF: I'm alright I guess

VF: A bit busy at the moment, but we can talk if you'd like

VF: I mean, that's what you're here for, right?

TC: yup! only if i'm not distracting you too much, though.

TC: what are you doing anyway?

--

She decided against asking them about her idea for the time being. Once they mentioned they were busy, it put her off the idea of asking them. Never the less, she was curious to know this person a little more, and if they seemed like the type of person to be highly pro-active, then she may ask to help her with the project.

Aden smiled to himself as he heard the small noise indicating a message had come through. Presumably it was from TC again. He hadn't been talking to anyone else. That being said, TC had messaged him out of the blue, so anything was possible really...

--

TC: yup! only if i'm not distracting you too much, though.

TC: what are you doing anyway?

VF: Currently working on a project to do with lusi

VF: Drawing them, actually

VF: What about you?

--

Grinning, Aden looked away from the monitor. He often felt that his conversations went in the exact same way every time. Always a "hello," followed swiftly by a "how are you doing." It didn't matter who he was talking to. Often, Aden wondered if conversations between other people were just as formulaic. It wasn't a problem really, just a small thing he had noticed, as he began to fold away the board, storing it down in the space between his desk and the wall.

-----

VF: Currently working on a project to do with lusi

VF: Drawing them, actually

VF: What about you?

TC: ah. just boring stuff, honestly. i just got home from school.

TC: that sounds pretty cool though! o: i always thought lusi were really neat and stuff.

TC: i have a friend who has a dog lusi and they are really cute!

-----

Tess beamed as she wrote her reply, her mind now coming across thoughts of said Dog Lusi. She began to wonder if the owner of said lusi were now awake so she could go visit them, since she had nothing else much to do as of right now. Switching over to a new window, Tess began to type away once more;

-tinyCentaur began pestering lonesomeAvenger-

TC: hey!

TC: you awake?

-4:35-

TC: no?

TC: that's a shame. :c

-----

She shrugged. Maybe they were still asleep, or maybe they were just ignoring her. LA was the kind to keep to themselves, unfortunately for her. Thankfully, VF was more of a social being, and Tess switched back to their conversation to see if they had replied.

The notification that a reply had come through sounded as Aden corrected his position, having stored the boards away. TC had replied it seemed. Not that he had expected anything less of her, mind.

--

TC: ah. just boring stuff, honestly. i just got home from school.

TC: that sounds pretty cool though! o: i always thought lusi were really neat and stuff.

TC: i have a friend who has a dog lusi and they are really cute!

VF: Ah neat!

VF: I always thought they were a bit...odd, if I'm to be completely honest

VF: I guess that's why I decided to do a project on them

--

There we go. She's been messaged. Aden sat there for a moment. Another one of his friends had just come online. Now he had another person to talk to. ST, in particular. She used to be online a lot, but she hadn't been as much lately. Her mother had vanished during the night a few weeks ago. She hasn't been found since. ST had really upset about it, and Aden tried to comfort her as much as he could. It was difficult to relate to her position though, given the fact that her mother was, well, an animal. A lusus.

--

-vibrantFlare began pestering snarkyTemptress-

VF: Hey, how are you today?

VF: Any new sightings of your mum?

ST: nope.

ST: ive kind of given up at this point.

ST: i guess it was just her time to leave me, know?

VF: Oh

--

Aden furrowed his brow, and looked away from the monitor. Conversations with ST frequently went like this. She wasn't much for conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back