• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ALTER ONE

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

LazyDaze

Elder Member
~ALTER ONE~
Flight
HD-wallpaper-seagulls-fantasy-fly-clouds-bridge.jpg

This world……is full of dreams. Shallow, grandiose, insignificant, and world shifting. Essentially, all dreams are the same; immaterial. If one could dream endlessly…what a world that would be eh? How long it would take for you to eventually long for reality after tasting how shallow hopes are when surreal. How long until you long for pain, disappointment, something real. As long as it's unattainable, as long as this dream remains immaterial it will forever be beautiful as it fosters hope and wonder until you attain it. After all, the sea is the catalyst of romance until it swallows the beating hearts of the brave and their untold stories for eternity…

For many, the people of Altair have made the best they could out of a hellscape and called it home. Look no further than Xelania, the snow grave city, the capital of Ladora. Today, many would rest their swords and iron clad determination. Even the usual falling snow ceased its cascade for a day and allowed a serene blue to span as far as the eye could see. After all, today was a day of celebration and the natural forces seemingly acknowledged it as such. A celebration of their origins, their fortitude and the collective will that had quickly defined each and every person who proudly called themselves a Ladorian. The person they now acknowledge as the first King, General Jacob Craft set the path of modern day Ladora when he led a rebellion against the royal bloodline and their dysfunction. Ever since then, Ladora was ruled through the military; however, it was not oppression…at least in their eyes…they were united in a single cause. A bit of irony resting to celebrate bloodshed, but who would be the one to tell them they were wrong.

fantasy-women-crow-white-hair-elf-ears-wallpaper-preview.jpg
“If information of sight signals rough realizations I can satisfyingly say someone attaining aggressive appetites such as yourself would find this bewildering buffet extremely exquisite. Look! Arranged Assortments of exotic exoskeletal creatures and astounding animals pitter patter on plates throughout this table. I do wonder how in high heavens do you maintain your ferociously fine figure without augmental aid...err...magic,” Vyx said with a sly smirk. Although other members of the council were expected to show up for the event, she was the only one to accompany the current Queen of Ladora. Perhaps this was due to her being the most recent ruler, or perhaps she just loved busting her balls in some contrived rivalry. Either way, she was here and that was more than you could say for the others. “Your bombastic belly aside, conquering can be cataclysmically cathartic don't you think? A pity party once a year is what we will want for isn't it? Aah, apologies, i'm not trying to brine on the boardwalk...are you enjoying the festivities my Queen?"

. D O V E . D O V E Songstress Songstress AI10100 AI10100

~Meanwhile~

coastal-cities-lisbon-GettyImages-160960433.jpg
The smell of new beginnings was carried by the crosswinds of destiny and fate as was often the case near the Gull’s Coast. Uncreative sure, but properly named for the coastal hub within Fortune Harbor for those seeking to start their journey and make a name for themselves. Everyone here believes they will become a legend with time and opprotunity, fortune favors fools as the saying goes. Just as the name implies, this was a place for the fledglings to take their flight for better or worse, be they merchant, adventurer, or even a pirate of all things. No one knew that better than the peculiar man sitting in a corner away from the rambunctious adventurers and clients. However, he did not go unnoticed by many...he couldn't, not with that mask of his. The mysterious man, sat alone at a chipped wooden table holding on to a a fairly hefty bag of money as if is life depended on it. It wasn't out of fear of it being stolen...but he appeared to have the demeanor of a man willing to gamble his soul to a devil. He would occasionally glance at his surroundings, peering through his iron mask, before fixating on the bag once more. With it, carried the dreams of everyone who counted on him to deliver the proof of their will…hopefully they could get the help they needed from unlikely heroes…birds wanting to take flight...

ADVENTURERS/HELP WANTED!

And then…..

But as I said...the story of life itself is eternal even unto its end. Impossible it is to encapsulate the pages written and rendered by higher powers. Stories written, forgotten, and deleted. Increasing tremors in Eastern Altair (Ark, Accel, Nybithia), an infamous pirate paying a visit to Arco Grier after years of exile, even by the black hats, sightings of a new aquatic species off the coasts of Vrae Syx as well as Ark while the Azura grow aggressive due to land dwellers encroaching their hunting grounds, a bar hopping story teller with tall tells for anyone who is willing to listen, tells of a moving mountain, and a man...entering Ryze claiming that his death will mean the end of the world....who knows what stories lie in wait. Who's to say your life is insignificant. As futile as it may be we flock to our hopes and dreams, knowing deep down we wish they remain just outside our grasp. When will you take flight…to which destiny will you migrate. What awaits you at the end?
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup Damafaud Damafaud G0n3 G0n3 Xanto Xanto Coyote Hart Coyote Hart kasigi kasigi SweetRose SweetRose

Last edited:
Lilac slipped through the crowds with the ease of many years of training, most people not even giving her a first glance, let alone a second. She set a slightly odd image, the short girl in a full maid outfit fit for a noble’s house, blindfolded and yet navigating without issue, but most people's eyes seemed to pass right over her anyway. Keeping track of this many people always gave her a headache, but hopefully this would be a short trip and she could head out on a new job. Hopefully this one would also go better. It turns out when farmers wanted a predator dead, they didn’t like it when you knocked it out and moved it away with no proof of execution. At least the farmer had believed her and taken some pity after she had helped deal with his back problems.

She hadn’t been doing this for very long, and it wasn’t going super well. She had gotten to help a good few people at least, but she had been discovering that just as Lead-rank adventurers might not be trusted with more dangerous bounties, people were reluctant to trust them with other things. Especially one just starting out, who dressed strangely and was from, very far out of town, shall we say. She was only thankful that her training had included disguising both of her natural accents.

She could handle the pet rescue and cleaning jobs pretty well at least, even if animals didn’t really tend to like her if they caught her scent under the perfumes. A lot of the simpler ones were pest control and hunting quests though, farmer’s always wanted predators cleared out from livestock areas after all. She knew how to hunt, and didn’t really have a problem with it, her Burden only really becoming an issue with sapients. She did it as part of the natural cycle though, predator and prey, and hunting a predator simply living normally was distasteful to her. Not helped by that technically being what she was.

She kinda wished she could do the gathering or picking jobs, but unfortunately being mostly blind was a bit of an obstacle. Sure, thermals, scents, and detection of vibrations helped her get by with people and traveling, especially combined with empathy, but it didn’t do shit for figuring out where ripe apples were, or which ones they were. At least, not without being more open with her features, which she wasn’t really comfortable with yet.

Maybe this time she could get to a good unranked job before they all got snapped up by Bronze adventurer’s. She knew by now that for some reason Bronzes had a tendency to leave quests about helping people more directly for later. Unfortunately, she had been plagued by a reluctance to come to town during busy hours, so she often only had scrap jobs left. Today she was going to push through the discomfort of all the noise and bustle and busy scents and movements. At least she didn’t have to worry about pickpockets, even if they noticed her, she would notice them first, and they weren’t going to find her pockets easy.

Once she got up near where the jobs were on offer she shivered a little in surprise when someone called out her name. One of the Receptionists/Administrators had taken a little fondness to her after their exchanges in the quiet parts of the days, and the woman was apparently quite perceptive. She was smart too, Lilac was focused enough to catch the movements of sleeves against skin and itself, but the woman quickly remembered that waving her over wouldn’t do much.

After Lilac followed her call, she came to a halt in front of the woman, a Miss Rogers, giving her a little nod, and waiting for her to speak. When she did her voice was both bemused and amused, as it tended to be when dealing with Lilac, “You really are eager to help people aren’t you, I caught that wincing in the crowd. No wonder you usually don’t come here at peak times. Anyway, got a job in, refugees looking for Adventurers willing to do the work of helping-

Lilac had visibly wilted when called out on the wincing, such a visible expression of discomfort an embarrassment to her training, even if her head really was starting to hurt pretty badly. She perked right back up at the offer though, interrupting the other woman with a happy exclamation, “And there’s no rank requirement? Where do I sign up! What kind of help are they looking for?”

Miss Rogers huffed out a laugh, and Lilac watched the blob of heat that was all she could see move back and forth a little at the top. When she spoke her voice was entirely full of amusement, “You really are what you say you are aren’t you. I was about to discuss pay and services offered to assisting adventurers, but I see you aren’t bothered. Anyway, I took the liberty of penciling you in as interested, and I’ll mark you down as officially involved now. As far as I know they want help keeping things running smoothly and keeping everyone safe. The man you are looking for, well hmmm, describing him won’t help much. He is a big lad with an iron mask, but more useful to you is that he is sitting at table seven along the way. You know the one, you cleaned up that big mess from it when people left blood and food a bit splattered.”

Lilac gave her a happy nod and threw out a quick, “Thanks Miss!” Before promptly setting off. She knew about where it was, but she had to reorient herself a little bit, winding her way through the crowd. She saw the heat of a single man sitting at about the location, though his head seemed a little cooler, which gave her an idea. Hiding it in a cough behind her hand she flicked out her tongue, tasting the air. Yep, Iron Mask, accompanied by grease, dry blood, gunpowder, oil, leather, stainless steel, charred flesh, charcoal and cheap wine. Mostly faint, but that wasn’t a problem for her. The bulk of them were fairly normal for his assumed role, but a couple concerned her. She knew what burns smelled like from her training, and this smelled like an older version of that.

Shaking that off, unable to help quite yet, she stepped forward, noticing as she did that he moved unusually. A slight shuddering as he shifted, lighting up her vibration senses in a way most people didn’t. He was either nervous or in pain, the movement a pronounced difference. His emotional control was tight, but she could feel traces of simmering rage and anxiety behind it. Understandable emotions for a refugee leader seeking help, but she thought as she stepped forward that maybe she could help relieve it. She didn’t drop her unobtrusiveness, but she called out, hoping she could stay unnoticed by the rest of the crowd and draw his attention alone, “Hullo, sir? I was told you needed assistance, and were tied to a refugee camp that needed the same? I’ve been looking for the kind of work that really lets me help people, so I took the job and would be happy to join you if you would have me.”

Almost as an after-thought she stepped around the table, leaning over it slightly and pulling her glove up a bit, testing the surface with the heel of her palm. Mostly free of the traces from before, but it wasn’t exactly freshly cleaned, and she hadn’t had time to repair it last time. With a murmur while she awaited his response she drew a cloth from a pocket and let her refinement flow through her to clean and repair it.

Athanas Athanas

Last edited:
. The mysterious man, sat alone at a chipped wooden table holding on to a a fairly hefty bag of money as if is life depended on it.
Jian Feng, the Zephyr
SweetRose SweetRose

A young man strides through the crowds of the bustling city of Gull's Coast. This was where his parents had sent him to begin his journey. As they put it, there is where you'll earn your wings. And Jiang Feng was nothing if not confident that he could fly. His rugged traveler's clothes were dusty with the wear of the road, but his face bears only an energetic grin as he makes his way down towards the tavern. That was, after all, where all stories like his began. In a tavern, with a job, and a party cobbled together from misfits. His parents had done it, and their mentors before him, and on and on in a chain that stretched back Gods-knows-when. It was a tradition. It was practical. It was also, or so he was told, REALLY FUCKING FUN to do; apparently 'planned' parties always ended up feeling stilted.

He presses his way through the door, his eyes searching through the crowd of adventurers. Looking for something that would catch his attention, something that sparks the light of interest and intrigue in his soul. And his eyes alight on a man with an iron mask, who already had some kind of... maid? standing in front of him. Hm. His parents had never told him about adventuring maids before! Now he was interested! He slips his way through the crowd and makes his way over to the table, his blade clacking.

"Um, are you looking for adventurers? I couldn't help but notice you guys being over here."

1682205277977.png
Lorelei Unehrlich
Travel was far more frustrating than Lorelei had been lead to believe. In the past Daddy had taken care of all the important details like schedules, transportation, food, and places to stay. Lorelei had simply gone along for the ride. But traveling on your own was far more...complicated it seemed.

"What do you mean YOU LOST MY TRUNK?!" Lorelei felt the skin on her face flush as her temper rose. Before the deckhand, (Sailor? Lorelei didn't know their official titles.) could utter a word Lorelei continued screaming at the poor young boy. "Do you know how expensive those dresses were? One of the corset's in there was one of a kind! Made by the best dressmaker in Arcor Grier! And you just LOST IT?!"

"I-I'm sorry ma'am. It's not on board...we think...we think...someone might have...taken it?" the boy winced as he choked out that last bit. As if Lorelei would hit him for the crews impotence. Perhaps if the boy was older than thirteen, Lorelei would have. Almost everything Lorelei had brought with her on her journey had been in that trunk. Her clothes, her makeup, her shoes, her favorite tea set. Gone. Now, she had almost nothing. Just the battle axe on her back and her Daddy's money in her pocket.

"My father will hear about this. You mark my words, your ship and its crew will be RUINED." Lorelei violently whipped around, her long hair slapping the young boys face, and she stormed off towards the building's of Gull Coast. If she stayed on that dock any longer, someone was going to lose an arm. Best leave before she makes a scene so early upon her arrival.

Her first order of business was to head straight towards the adventure's guild and sign up as a prospective member. Her friend Abby back in Arcor Grier had a brother who gave up the family name and fortune to be an adventurer, and joining the guild had been his first step. So, she would copy his actions. But Lorelei was not familiar with Gull Coast. She did not know where to even begin looking for the adventurer's guild. Would they be near the governmental hub of the city, or in the nitty gritty near the docks?

Looking around, Lorelei saw a stall that hosted a fish monger. Surely he knew where to find things within his own city. Lorelei approached the stand, wrinkling her nose at the smell of fish slowly decaying.

"Hello sir, could you direct me towards the adventurer's guild? I'm not familiar with this town, and am in dire need of directions." Lorelei put on her calmest voice, despite the tempest that raged inside her. Yelling at the man would get her no where. Besides, he hadn't lost her things. The man gave her directions that were easy for a newcomer like her to follow. She gave her thanks and headed into the thick of town.

Gull Coast was busy, and Lorelei found comfort in the crowds. Although she was a long way from home, the throng of people reminded her of the streets of Arcor Grier. The walk to the guild was pleasant, as Lorelei made stops to look into shop windows and to sample food from street vendor's along the way. Over time, her temper cooled, and she found herself thinking slightly more rationally.

Eventually, Lorelei found herself at the steps of the guild. Adventurers of all shapes and sizes flowed in and out the front doors. The blood in Lorelei's veins hummed with excitement. This was her fresh start. This is where she would make a name for herself, and only herself, and prove Jakob back home wrong. She was more than just her fathers daughter, she was her own person.

She entered the building and was met with a buzz of activity. She must have stood and stared long enough for a random person to come up and ask if she needed help. To which they directed her to the registration desk. The line was short, which Lorelei was thankful for. Nobody wanted to waste their time waiting in lines. Not when there were goals to be achieved.
"Hello, I am here to register with the guild!" Lorelei pronounced to the clerk when her turn came up. The clerk did not seem to care, and slid paperwork her way with little enthusiasm. The forms were lengthy, and asked the most stupid of questions, but Lorelei filled them out carefully and handed them back to the clerk.

Upon being awarded the lowest rank of adventurer, Lorelei was told where she could accept jobs. The desk was mostly empty, save for a young woman in a maids outfit. That was odd. The help partcipating in adventures. She wondered what the maids employer thought of that. Daddy wouldn't have allowed it, that was for sure. The maid hurried off, and Lorelei took her spot.

"My name is Lorelei Unehrlich, and I'm here to accept my first job!" Lorelei flashed the clerk her award winning smile as she leaned over to have a look at the job listing's splayed out on the table before the woman.

"Welcome to the guild, these are some new jobs that have come in that would serve well for someone just starting out." The clerk showed her some papers and Lorelei frowned. They were all utterly useless jobs! Getting a cat down from a tree? Helping an elderly woman purchase her weeks groceries. "I'm sorry," Lorelei said "but do you have anything...good?"

"For an adventurer who has yet to go on an adventure, these are the best jobs for you. You have to start somewhere."

Lorelei, did not like being told no. "The maid who was here before me, where did you send her? I want the job you gave her."

"Ma'am I understand you are eager to start, but really you should begin with taking one of these entry level jobs before you-"

"You know what, have a good day."
Lorelei cut the clerk off and walked away. If the clerk wasn't going to give her a job she was worthy of, she would do it herself. Lorelei sped walked out of the guild and looked up and down the street. Ah! The maid! Lorelei hurried after her, pushing Gull Coast citizens out of the way through the streets until the maid entered a building. Not wanting to be too obvious, Lorelei waited a minute before entering herself. Inside there were establishment patrons, but against the far wall Lorelei spotted the maid. She kind of stood out after all. There were two men with her. One looking really suspicious in an iron mask. Rather than approaching the group, Lorelei sat down at the table next to them, planning on listening in to their conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back