• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Alone Together

Dannygirl900 submitted a new resource:

Alone Together - "If you're not rich you're not worthy"

"If you're not rich, you're not worthy"
In the year 2022, riches have taken over the world. Everyone is rich, successful, have beautiful homes. The thing is, if you're not rich you're homeless.

A group of misfits bind together to survive in a world where they only have each other.
Read more about this resource... 
It was early in the morning, around 9:00, all the rich people were heading to their successful jobs.

Erin walked down the cold streets. Almost cringing away from the wealth pouring off the people around her. She can remember the time when she was one of them, flaunting all the money she had in her pockets, and diamonds hanging around her neck, wrists and ears. Now she's this, a homeless teenager; wandering the streets, lonely and hungry. Trying to find friends who are just like her. So far she's failing.

"If only Kassidy Elderkin didn't post those pictures. I would still have a home and a bed." She felt tears sting her eyes, but she quickly blinked them away, accidentally bumping into a woman who was holding "Starbucks". The coffee spilt all down the womans dress, "I'm so sorry ma'am" Erin looked at the woman shocked then quickly ran the other direction in embarrassment.

Christa was walking close to the buildings, minding her own business until she saw a girl with white hair run past her. She tilts her head in curiosity, then follows after the girl, easily dodging the people around her. Finally she managed to catch up with the girl. "Hey. Why" are you.. Running?" She asks, panting as she tries to catch her breath. She had seen the girl on the streets a few times, so she knew that she wasn't one of the riches. "Are you okay?"

Erin stopped, panting out of breath. "I ran into a rich...and spilt her coffee all over her" She took a deep breath and looked around. "That was so embarrassing, she gave me the nastiest look" She frowned and looked at the girl. "M-my name is Erin..." She smiled a little, "I think I've seen you around here before. You're not a rich, right?" She took off her back pack and started digging through it.

"Ew, no way." She says, shaking her head in disgust. "Stupid riches. They always pretend they're better than us." She says, pushing her hair from her face and kicking her foot on the ground. "I'm Christa, but you can call me Chris." The brunette says and holds out her hand, a gesture she's seen some others do when they meet others.

Erin pulled out a full package of cigarettes and slung her back pack over her shoulder again, then took Chris' hand with her free hand and shook, "well it's nice to meet you" She smiled slightly then placed a cigarette between her lips and lit it. "So how long have you been homeless?" She asked Chris and smoked happily. Happy that finally someone is talking to her and not scowling or making a disgusted face at her.

She swats some smoke away from her face and smiles. "Around nine years or so." She says, pulling a strip of tied cloth from her pocket and tying her hair up with it. "You?" She asks as she fiddles with the sleeves of her sweater.

Sammy, after stubbing her toe on a curb and running from a few blue-blooded riches, came across two others. They looked familiar, but that was how she felt about most people. Nonetheless, she greeted them. "Hello, there! Can I help any of you with anything?" They looked kinder than most people in the town.

Erin noticed Chris swat away some smoke and held it down to her side so the smoke doesn't go in her direction. "Not too long." She shrugged and heard a girl talking. She looked over and raised an eyebrow "uhhh, no?" She said quite confused as to why the newer girl asked if she could help with anything.

Chris smiles at the other girl. "All good here. What about you?" She asks, then pulls her drawstring bag from her back and dug through it, finding a bottle of water. She opens the lid and takes a small drink. It was nearly full, and Chris had had it for around four days now. She took one drink a day, so that she could save it.

She had a slight hurt look on her face. Maybe they weren't so kind -- or maybe they were. Who knew? She sure didn't. She nodded at the two and smiled. "I'm Sammy. What're your names?"

Erin smiled at the girl "I'm Erin." She backed up a little and put the smoke to her lips, took a drag then tilted her head back and blew out the smoke. She looked at the girls and smiled brightly.

"I'm Christa, but just call me Chris." Chris says as she stretches her hand out once again for a greeting. She gives Sammy a tooth filled smile blew some of her bangs out of her face

She shakes Chris's hand casually. They probably weren't all that bad, actually. She could get used to them. "Have you heard about what the riches are doing uptown?" She tilted her head to one side. "Finding ways to weaken the mind of the homeless. Scary stuff."

Erin shrugged as if she didn't care, "my mind is already weak." She said nonchalantly. "That's what this," she holds up her cigarette, "does to ya" She let out a small giggle. "But anyway, you'll have to help me out." She shrugged and continued to smoke until it was finished then threw the butt on the ground, crushing it with her shoe.

"People say that my mind is weak, too. They say its because I've never been to school." She says innocently and looks down at her shoes. It was true, she'd never been to school because of her parents, and somehow she liked it that way. Seeing how children act at school freaks her out, she'd never been in a physical fight before, and she's never won a verbal fight before. She shrugs and looks back up. "But I'm okay with that."

"I understand. I've been poorly taught, too. Violence over art is what they told us. The school was underground, literally and figuratively. It was just a basement with this guy rambling on and on, all day, every day. Sometimes he'd talk about basic science or math, but then he'd go on about how the riches should die. It was a tad frightening, but his anger is justified." She shuddered a bit. "And, uh, Erin, what do you need?"

Erin shrugged and looked at the both of them "I got grade A schooling. I guess I could teach you a bit, you could just help me from almost killing myself" She smiled sweetly and crossed her arms as if what she said wasn't horrible.

Chris's eyebrows furrow together and she tilts her head. "Why would you want to do something like that? You have friends now." She says, smiling at the last bit. She liked the idea of having friends, sometimes she'd scare people away by saying things like that.

Sammy tilted her head the other way. She wasn't going to tell them about how the mind-weakening procedure was almost executed on her, and how that made her insanely self-destructive as well. "Do you need anything?" Her tone of voice is flat.

Erin smiled at Chris "well, I practically destroyed my own life but not on purpose. Just imagine, one or two years ago I had my own room with a jacuzzi in it" She shrugged then looked at Sammy and narrowed her eyes "Could you stop asking if I need anything?" She snapped and rolled her eyes

"A jacuzzi? What's that?" She asks, hoping she won't sound stupid, but nearly everything that comes out of her mouth sounds stupid so she can't really help it. She then looks from Erin to Sammy her eyes worried. She didn't want her new friends to fight with each other.

Sammy's flattened tone carried over to her expression, which was now a mixture of shock and apathy. "My apologies. I'm still a tad shaken by what they did. The riches. Is there anything you ne-" She covered her mouth and stopped herself from saying it again. Then she started to shake.

Erin smiled slightly, "Calm down" She patted the girls arm then looked at Chris, "A jacuzzi is like a pool, but really warm and bubbly" She giggled and looked around at the the riches staring at them.

"Oh." Chris says absentmindedly as she too looks at the riches. They were silently judging them, of course, but what they didn't know is that Chris was also silently judging them. Look a them with their noses up high as if they're looking at trash, well I'm looking at trash right now. Dirty, stinky, ugly trash. She says childishly in her head, then giggles.

"I think it's a good idea to get going." She gulped. Riches always were violent in nature towards the homeless, even if they did nothing more than look at them funny. It didn't help that legally, Sammy was an outlaw. No one recognized her anymore, as her face faded from the papers. Nonetheless, she couldn't get a home, a car, nothing, even if she did have money. Those things need a license. To get one, you enter your name. And then the coppers come out.

So for then, she ran off, leaving the two behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back