Alley Cats

"Hm," said Julian, when Aubree replied with a negative. "Hm, yeah. I was talking with a Daniel yesterday... eveningish. He seemed cool." Julian stretched in his seat, nonchalantly. "He's not a werewolf, though." He lowered his voice. "Not quite." Werewolves were overrated, anyways. They were everywhere; couldn't shoot a silver bullet without hitting one in the head.

In media at least. He hadn't really found out in real life yet- but by now, he could hypothesize there were some. He wasn't the only animal! Julian wondered: would he be allergic to silver now? That would certainly be strange.

"Gin?" asked Julian when Aubree spoke again. "Ooh, there was that girl on America's Got Talent? I haven't met her, of course, but... wasn't she the bicyclist? She doesn't really have a chance, in my opinion. I mean, sure, it's nice and all, but why would a bicyclist win?" He paused. "Oh, no, wait, that's like.... was that Jeanne?" He thought for a moment, tapping a pencil he'd produced from his pocket. "Yeah, that's Jeanne. I remember the name Gin, though. Maybe she was a singer...."

"Julian?" asked the teacher, who had approached without being noticed.

"Hm? Yes?" asked the boy right back, brightly, turning around to see him.

The instructor frowned and tapped his empty paper. "Get to work."

"It takes me a long time to think," Julian defended.

"I'm sure," said the man evenly. "Picking your favorite celebrity does take some pondering." He tapped the sheet again before continuing his walk. "History, now, Julian."

Julian looked skeptically over to their teacher, doodling a spiral on his paper. After he had wandered a safe distance away, Julian suddenly spoke, acting as if the incident hadn't even happened. "Oh, she did the opera thing! Course she did the opera thing." He looked at Aubree, curious. "Do you even watch America's Got Talent?"

((Feel free to get them to lunch, as in through class lol))

Aubree heard most of what Julian said despite her concentration on the teacher, she was always one for multi-tasking. Still, it was muddled, some talk about a war heard as well as this Daniel figure he had talked to last night. It was only natural that Aubree saw the teacher notice him talking before Julian noticed him stop talking.

The boy ha bee busy blabbing about someone on America’s got talent that had a syllable off from the name she originally mentioned. So the blonde let him talk; watching as the teacher approached him and asked him to get to work making Julian admit he was a little slow. Aubree shook her head with a wide grin on her face, oh Juls…

The teacher quickly got him back on topic and she sat looking at him in a playful-disappointing way, as Julian tried to return to work. Then he finally remembers what Gin did, and it was singing opera…Her quietness must have got to him as his final question is if she watches it.

“No…” Aubree answered, a strange look accompanying it, “and I said, JIN, as in a J-…I think” she explains, slowly getting quieter.

Sasha laughed, a hand rising to his forehead, finger and thumb against the temples as he tilted his head back, somewhat disbelieving of the name she had gifted him and uncertain as to how to respond. Sashali? He did not feel like one and as it died momments later into chuckle he leant forward once more, hands falling to the table between them as eyes settled on the younger of the two sisters, palm rising to shield his mouth conspiritorially, though nonetheless loud enough for rinji to hear, his tone light.

"I don't suppose I could convince her not to call me that?" Smiling he leant up, lowering his hand with a wink in Rinji's direction, refraining from a flexibility comment as he recalled that Veronica had been less than impressed with such blatant flirtation the previous night and not wishing to offend her so soon as his head tilted in thought as he shifted his attention back to her. "Cheerleading not for you then, no? I think I tried out for my school's team once," He continued in addition, with an idle wave of his hand "the pain upon being tackled was not for me, I preferred track and swimming. . . I don't think I can remember the last time I ran all out on two legs though."

"You can't convince Rinji of anything once she's decided about something...doesn't matter if it's getting tattoo number 37 of Rainbow Brite's pony or that picking up the sketchy, smelly homeless hitchhiker isn't a great idea for someone who's invested in personal safety, if Rinji made up her mind, she's done thinking about it. And she doesn't put a ton of thought into things in the first place," Veronica smirked back at Sasha in return. She shifted her eyes to her sister, knowing that Rinji would attempt to explain herself, and she didn't disappoint.

"I do not have 37 tattoos, I only have 14, and most are very small. They hardly count at all," Rinji argued, shaking her head. "And they're all good! I wouldn't get a bad tattoo!"

"The Rainbow Brite pony?" Veronica raised her eyebrows, and Rinji nodded vigorously, eyes wide.

"Yes, it was very well done and it was a vital part of my childhood! And as for the hitchhikers, well how would YOU like to be stranded in the middle of nowhere and no one will give you a ride just because you're smelly and a little weird?"

Veronica rolled her eyes again, then returned her attention to Sasha as he spoke to her. He seemed to be paying her as much attention as Rinji, which was a little odd for her, but not in the blatant manner he had before. She relaxed a tiny bit as she replied.

"I didn't do sports. I wrote for the school paper, was in Key Club and Beta Club and AP, and I was on the yearbook staff."

"Yeah, Veronica was like the smartest girl in school," Rinji explained with a wave of her hand, causing Veronica to roll her eyes again, sighing.

"I was not. I just halfway tried. Unlike some people."

"Yeah, well, boring stuff is boring, why bother? And anyway I make more money than you do now," Rinji pointed out cheerfully, as Veronica gritted her teeth. It was true, and something that rather irked her.

Turning back to Sasha, she said in the same tone, "So Sashali, you got a girlfriend and if you do, does she mind you having another girl or two?"

Veronica almost choked, immediately burning her tongue on her newly arrived drink as she glared at her sister. "RINJI!"

"What? How are we going to know if we don't ask?"

((No idea where to jump in :o I'll try a scene in the dorm room… ))

Between classes, Amica lounges through the dorm and leafs through 'junk' her mother sends her of her childhood. In fact, she had just gotten a thick parcel today. It came with a note this time...

'Found some more of this under your old bed- remember when you wanted a dog? How cute…Anyway, keep it or get rid of it- I'm not taking it back! Love, Mom'

Amica smiles and places the note in her pocket. She rips open the box and finds a towering stack of paper. Amica rolls her eyes and thinks {Mom, you're SUCH a neat-freak!}. She starts to leaf through the papers. They looks like drawings of dogs, and reasons why she should get a dog. At first the drawings of dogs were very vague, but they got more detailed as she got through more of the stack. It was as if her passion had carried throughout the years. But truth be told, Amica couldn't ever remember wanting a dog growing up. {Was the change robbing me of my memories too?} She wondered. It was when she got to the last page, or should she say 'notebook', that she dropped all of the papers and the notebook. Normally, she would reprimand herself for being a klutz and pick them up, but she was just too shell-shocked to do much of anything. For the notebook was written when she was 15, and was compiled of an essay. But it wasn't the essay that made Amica stop in her tracks, it was the title of the essay.

'Why I Want An Australian Cattle Dog (ACD)'

Amica ran out of her dorm and out into the city to find answers, for the Australian Cattle Dog was the animal she changed into.

((Maybe she can have a character encounter…))

I'm new

Omg jin is my name ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Tulip sat on the front steps of her apartment building, poring over a book. Anyone who saw her could tell she was a voracious reader- and that was completely true. It was hard to catch Tulip without a book tucked under her arm or in her face. She was a wealthy girl who could afford a room-full of books, but her parents were careful about money. Now Tulip mostly relied on the public library around the corner.

A cat padded in front of the building. It meowed at the tuna fish sandwich in Tulip's hand. She absentmindedly tossed a chunk of tuna onto the sidewalk, where it was quickly eaten. It left a stain that the cat tried to lick, but apparently licking grainy stone wasn't a good idea. The cat left and Tulip was once agin alone, except for some pedestrians walking by.

Tulip turned the last page of her book. She sighed. Stretching out her arms, which were tired after holding a sandwich and turning pages for nearly an hour, she got up and walked back into the apartment building. Most people would think her life would be extremely boring. The second she finished homework, she would pick up a book. That's pretty much how her life went. In reality, it was very boring. But to her, the stories in the books were much more exciting than any of the lives of people she knew.

"Hm. No," Julian said. "I don't know any Jins. With a J." The boy looked up from his paper. "What sort of a name is Jin? Is he Asian?" Jin was a male name, right?

Catching sight of the teacher out of the corner of his eye, however, Julian quickly looked back down to his paper. He could talk later.

Throughout his classes, Julian kept thinking about his hawk counterpart. Could he just tell her? "I turn into an animal at night, yep!" Coming from him, that wasn't too bad of an idea, really. His night excursions were somewhat of a secret, though. He wouldn't feel right just telling her about it; like he was breaking a promise or something. Besides, what if she wanted him to see scientists and doctors and stuff? That definitely sounded like something she might do.

What if he just flew into her window at night? Oh, that would be so awesome.

It would be sort of hard to tell her who he was, though. She didn't speak hawk.

The periods passed by, subject after subject, most of them without Aubree in them. Soon it was lunchtime, and Julian was heading to where Aubree usually sat. He had acquired a tray of food from the cafeteria. "So," he said, sitting down next to her. He picked up on a conversation that had been a while ago; "Who's Jin?" He grinned; "Boyfriend, maybe?"

(@Tulip Oh wow, that's strange. xD )

(Also, you might want to make a character sheet? http://www.rpnation.com/showthread.php/3426-Alley-Cats-Open-Accepting-OOC-Info-SU People might get miffed if you just jump in, you know? XP)

Again, Julian seemed to be the epitome of all questions as he tried to understand who exactly Aubree meant by “Jin”. Luckily, when the teacher noticed him again he seemed to shut up for the period, and the two only shared a couple of those a day. Aubree would have to talk about the subject at lunch though…but she was more focused on the eating part of lunch right now. So much so that the periods before it seemed to pass in a blur and she didn’t even keep an eye out for the boy she was looking for.

When she had gotten to the cafeteria she hurriedly got in line and eyed the food, “Can I just get turkey…and a lot of it?” she wonders, the cafeteria worker gives her a hesitant look but agrees. When she offers the plate to Aubree the girl shakes her head, “A little more?” she tries, giving a pleading look to which the worker piles the meat on before handing it back. The blonde is thankful, for some reason this was all she wanted today….

After paying and sitting down at a table she started to dig in, not even noticing Julian sit down with her and start speaking until she glanced up. Licking her fingers clean, she realized she had forgotten a fork on the way here, but ignored it. “No, Jin is not my boyfriend…he’s just somebody I met last night” she notes, it was true, but she was also in ferret form last night.

"Mm..." said Julian, distracted from his question as he noticed the contents of Aubree's tray.

"So," he said. "Are you... enjoying your meal?" The boy mentioned over to her plate, taking a bite of his own pizza afterwards. She didn't have a fork; she was just eating it up with her fingers. Not... not really Aubree behavior at all. And, just saying, that was a lot of turkey. "You know Thanksgiving isn't for another 6 months, right?" Julian spoke without fully swallowing his bite.

A student was giving Aubree a strange look from across the table. James, from 4th period. "Hey," whispered Julian loudly, leaning over to talk to Aubree. "I think he's checking you out."

James made a sort of derogatory noise. "As if." He turned his attention back down to his meal.

Julian regarded the other boy for a few moments, then turned to Aubree. "Do you want my fork?" He offered the utensil, wondering why his friend was acting so strange. It was like she was a-

No, she probably wasn't a werewolf. Who knew, though?

Despite her mortification with her sister's question, Veronica was irritated to discover that she too wanted to know the answer about Sasha's dating status. And why did THAT matter to her? What was it to her whether or not this guy, who was much too forward with both herself and Rinji for Veronica to be interested in him at all, was dating someone? Veronica certainly wasn't wanting to step up to the plate and offer herself if he wasn't, whether Rinji not so subtly thought she should or not.

He WAS kind of attractive though...kind of. Not her type or anything. More Rinji's, not that Rinji was at all picky. Her type was pretty much male, over eighteen, and breathing, and even the male part was flexible, since she'd dated a couple of girls that Veronica knew of. Anyway, the point was, he wasn't at all the kind of person Veronica would go for. If she even wanted to go after anyone, which she didn't. Not now. For all she knew, maybe never. When had dating a guy, liking a guy, LOVING a guy, given her anything but grief?

She took several more swallows of her coffee, more cautiously this time lest she burn her tongue again, as she gave her sister a look of heated warning. Rinji being Rinji, she either didn't care or more likely, was totally oblivious.

"You're hot enough that you're probably not single, right?" she said to Alexander casually, squeezing his arm. "I'm not usually up for the whole threesome thing, but I guess you gotta try everything at least once in life, right? Just not with Nica, that would just be way more than even I would want to try. She's totally cute, of course, but she's still my sister, and anyway I know how shy she is-"

"LINDSEY!" Veronica barely kept her voice lower than a shriek, her face scarlet in hue as she hunched her shoulders, as if trying to duck out of view of anyone who might overhear her sister. And Rinji frowned, not at her shriek so much as her own grievance.

"Veronica, you KNOW I don't go by that anymore!"

Ah yes, because that was the worst part of this discussion.

Half in amusement, half in embarrassment on behalf of the dark haired girl before him whose cheeks whether she realised or not were burning brighty, Alexander averted his eyes as he laughed into his closed palm, almost as though checking for eaves droppers, waving away a nearby old man with an idle hand before returning to the two girls at the table before him now the center of attention, and it took a moment for him to figure his thoughts, taking the time to have a drink of his coffee to wet his throat.

"No pressure, huh?" He smiled good naturedly in his attempt to draw the focus away from Veronica, leaning back slightly in his chair with a wink in Rinji's direction as he added. "I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't be, but I am."

He stretched out his arm along the back of the chair beside him that was tucked beneath the table as he shrugged a shoulder with a smile, resisting the urge to respond to Rinji in a more. . . . suggestive manner for Veronica's sake, not wanting to cause her more discomfort and rather opting for honesty. "And i'm a russell, course i'm loyal. . . sides I don't think any man could truly handle two women for a prolonged period without eventually becoming their *****, but perhaps that's just me and my childhood scarring" He chuckled some, reaching for his cup, curling fingers about it as if in warmth. "My sister was . . . a torturer of sorts growing up" He sipped his drink.

Veronica clinched her jaw, lowering her head so no one could look into her face as she was aware of Alexander laughing- at her, at Rinji, it didn't matter. Either way it was humiliating to think of herself as the object of amusement. She was certain that every other person anywhere near them must have been listening in on this conversation and was judging not only her sister, but also Veronica. Because if her sister was so ridiculously weird and blunt and, well, the kind of person who suggested threesomes, then they must think Veronica was just the same. Even if SHE wasn't the one wearing every color of the rainbow and plastic dinosaurs in her hair.

Rinji too didn't react with grace and ease to Alexander's laughter, her brow furrowing in honest perplexity as she tilted her head, regarding him. "What? What's so funny? I really don't like being called Lindsey. That's not me anymore, you know? It never even was. That's why I'm Rinji. That's who I really was the whole time, well, except maybe when I was three. I might have been more of a Suki then. But-"

"Holy shit, Rinji, will you clue in, he's laughing because he thinks one of us or both of us is a major freak!" Veronica blurted, lifting her head just long enough to glare at her sister before she looked fixedly down at her drink again, gripping it tightly. Great, just great, everyone in the restaurant was sure to have heard THAT too.

"He does? No, I don't think he does, do you, Sashali?" Rinji turned to him, smiling as he looped an arm over the back of Rinji's chair. "You're so shy, Nica, you've got to learn to relax and have fun and all the rest."

Veronica could practically hear her own teeth grinding, and she didn't dare to look up as her sister shifted slightly closer to Alexander and looped her own arm around him, but over his shoulders rather than the back of his chair. She gave him an affectionate squeeze and briefly laid her head against his shoulder before pulling back somewhat to continue to respond to his words.

"I've never had a guy be my *****...well except that one time, but that was sort of just for that one night, and he didn't really-"

"Stop talking," Veronica said with horror as she clued in on the probable direction of Rinji's conversation addition, and if only to distract her sister from adding more or wondering aloud why Veronica was so darn embarrassed, she turned to Alexander hurriedly, asking the first thing that came to mind. "Your sister was a torturer? You mean literally or just a pain in the ass?"

Yes, get him talking about HIS traumatic experiences, it was much better than having her sister sit there giving Veronica entirely new ones.

"I'm wondering if mine was not so bad afterall," He smiled genuine sympathy for Veronica's cause though of course, he also could not help but appreaciate Rinji's straight forwardnes, his hand rising to poke her cheek affectionately, her way she spoke her mind regardless of the stares, regardless of what others around her may be thinking,

"It's quite refreshing to be honest." He responded finally though nonetheless Alexander picked up the conversation, as Veronica endevoured to hurry it along "She used to sit me through tea parties with stuffed animals, even had me in a dress more than once, and she'd invite over her friends so they could either try to ask me out or get answers regarding boys like i would know what they were talking about, becoming frustrated and sulky if i refused." He shuddered inwardly recalling the events only to smile fondly at the memories nonetheless.

"Oh yes, your sister sounds like my kind of girl," Rinji smiled, envisioning a young, beribboned and frilly-dress-clad Alexander surrounded by stuffed animals, dolls, and tiny plastic tea cups, and liking the image very much. She giggles, hiding it behind one multi-colored polished hand. "I always wanted a little brother to do that too! I did it to Nica for as long as she'd let me. I guess Nica is kind of like a boy anyway since she hates all that stuff or says she does. Sometimes I think she secretly must like it and she just doesn't want to stop being stubborn. Well, she's kind of like a boy like I said except she's much prettier. Although you're kind of pretty for a boy, Sashali..."

By now Veronica has finished her drink in her haste to have something, anything to focus on other than her sister and Alexander, and her tongue is scalded as a result. She knows one thing, Alexander's sister couldn't have been near as bad as her own.

"Look, what are we doing tonight?" she interrupts Rinji, desperate to move out of Rinji free association territory and into a more certain ground. One that involved plans and control and, well, much more abstract conversation. "You know, when we...turn. It's just a few hours from now. Are we meeting up, or not? If we are, we should just hang out until that time and we'll probably end up in the same place. Rinji and I always do. If we're not, then, well, whatever, I should probably be studying or something."

"Oh, Nica, come on, the opportunity of a lifetime and you would throw it away to STUDY? Don't you have eyes, don't you know a catch when you see one?" Rinji said, throwing a casual arm over Alexander's shoulder again. "I bet Sashali's feelings would be hurt if you left like that....Sashali, you totally want us all to hang out tonight, right? It's a chance of a lifetime!"

She stopped then, considering what she had just said with some doubt. "Well, we're cats now, so actually we might have nine lives. So the chance of ONE of our lifetimes. Still-"

"Rinji!" Veronica hissed, her eyes darting as she looked to see if anyone had heard Rinji refer to them as cats. Hopefully they all got the picture by now that Rinji was one weird woman if they had, and would dismiss it as just more babbling.

"What did I do now?" Rinji sighed before turning to Alexander. "See how she is? She totally needs us to help her learn how to relax."

Alexander smiled, finishing of his drink only to push himself upright to stand, picking up and draping his 'mustard' scarf about Rinji's neck, no doubt adding to the multi coloured clash of her existing attire, and yet unable to witness the results for himself but for those shades that were vivid, as he wrapped it about her more warmly as you would a child, quick and fluid. Then, moving around the table to rest both hands heavily and solidly, not easily moved, upon Veronica's shoulders he observed Rinji over one as he leant down level with the brunette's ear, his lips hovering close by, warm breath caressing her ear.

"Well since I only have the one life," He stated mutedly, a smiled pulling at his lips and becoming evident through his tones, his eyes creasing with it in his amusement as he continued, straightening and holding a hand out to her, helping her up if she would allow "and i agree with your sister on this one, you need to relax . . . well"

He paused thoughtfully, for a moment, winking at Veronica playfully as he lowered his tone for a moment, his words for her ears only. ". . . maybe not so much as Rinji, since i'm pretty damn sure she's one of a kind, but relax enough by your standards" Only to raise it once more as he moved aside, leaning around her drawing close and brushing against her sightly as he reached over the table to pick up his jacket, standing and lifting his hand to her head, ruffling her hair gently though not messily only to smooth it down, combing it out with fingers, appreciating for a moment the texture, distracted, as he returned it to it's previous state. He smiled. "So! let's go . . . "

"Oh, I like this scarf," Rinji says with pleasure as Alexander wraps it around her, fingering its fringe and smiling as she arranges it a bit more to her liking and flashes him a smile. "Thank you, Sashali, I wasn't wearing any yellow."

"And heaven forbid you leave out even one color of the rainbow," Veronica mutters, still determined not to meet her eyes. Because she is not looking at anyone, she is taken by complete surprise when Alexander comes to stand behind her and takes hold of her shoulders. She stiffens, her head jerking up, and turns her head to look at him, trying to pull away without actually going into enough struggling to attract attention.

Damn it, this was NOT welcome, who did he think he was? Who did he think SHE was, Rinji?

Probably. Why wouldn't he, when they were related?

His breath is tickling her ear as he whispers to her, telling her she needs to relax...what the hell is this? Is he trying to...what, seduce her? Touching her shoulders, telling her to relax, breathing on her like that...

Veronica yanks away then, trying to ignore the way her heartbeat has quickened and she finds it a little more difficult than usual to breathe. She does not take his hand when he offers it, and when he brushes against her, then ruffles her hair, she bristles, angry now as much as embarrassed. One thing she will not stand for is some stranger touching her, like he owns her, like he has the right. It's bad enough when Rinji does, but Rinji is her sister, Rinji has more right than anyone else- though she does abuse it mercilessly. THIS she wont' take.

Standing abruptly, she pulls back and shoves her chair in between them, her voice low, her fierce as she says to him, "I'm not a puppy, I'm not a kitten, and I'm not a child. Keep that in mind." Then, taking Rinji by the arm, she thrusts her sister in between them as they exit the building, Veronica shoving her hands into her pockets, just in case Alexander might try to grab one of them.

Luminous Bronx was already extremely late for school - thanks to her controlling Mother. She was as usual, dressed in plain clothes, a white jumper and beige jeans with 'comfortable' shoes, and her long curly brown hair was down as it always was. She slung her bag over her shoulder silently, heading to the front door. "Luminous, where do you think you're going?" Lumi turned around to see her Mother standing at the bottom of the stairs, her hands on her hips and a disapproving eyebrow raised. "I have to go to school Mother, there's an exam today." Lumi spoke in an almost non-existent voice and her Mum sighed, "Fine then. I'll drive you. But I expect you to have finished cleaning out your wardrobe by the time I get home from work this evening, understood?" Lumi nodded meekly, allowing her Mother to open the front door and drive her to school.

Lumi hurried through the school to her history class - which she was already late for. Her Mother had been driving especially slow today, the whole time telling her the agenda for Saturday's job hunting - her Mother had decided Luminous needed a job, and of course just like everything else in Lumi's life, her Mother was going to pick the job for her, and the outfit she needed to wear to the interview, and she was already scolding her about her posture, her attitude and her lack of eye contact. She shyly pushed the History door open, the teacher looking over to her as she rushed over and gave him her late slip and reason for being late. He nodded, telling her to take a seat and catch up, although she noticed his attention was mainly on the slacker of the class Julian and his multi-tasking friend Aubree.

After taking the only good seat left - ignoring that it was beside Julian in the back of the class - Lumi pulled out her books and idly listened to the teacher, well she tried to listen, but all she could hear was Julian talking about American's Got Talent. Thankfully, the lesson passed quickly, and Lumi was one of the last to leave after having a discussion with the teacher about being late and how it was affecting her grades.

She headed into the cafeteria, mentally sighing at how full up all of the tables were now. Grabbing a plate of chips and and a steak - her Mum wasn't here to scold her for getting such unhealthy junk, so why not? She stopped and looked around. There was literally no-where to sit. She spotted a few people from her glasses, Julian and Aubree, James, that guy Max from English. There was no way she was brave enough to just go and sit with any of them.

Maybe she should just take her food outside or something - it wasn't like it was the first time she'd done it.

(( [MENTION=1488]xJobozx[/MENTION] Hope you don't mind I jumped in with your character :) ))

Emily stares dully in history class at the teacher who had just introduced her as one of the 'New Kids' who had shown up late in the year. She looks up to see the student Luminous walk in and doesn't pay much attention other than that. Grabbing her pencil she begins sketching on her planner, filling in the boring rules with flowers, palm trees, and anything else that she wanted to be removed from her thoughts. The class was at its end quickly enough, and she joined the crowd of students pushing to go to lunch. Studying the food, she selects a ham sandwhich with a small bag of potato chips. Seeing that the lunch room is already filled up, she glances at Ray who joins her a few moments later. He winks at her, and glances about the room, also noticing the full tables. Glancing around, he sees the girl from history, and decides to join her, wherever she is going, and nodds toward her direction, which Emily quickly walks toward.

Ray stops abrupted next to her, his handsom muscular figure standing up straight and tall. He smiles at the girl, and says "So you can't seem to find a place to sit either?" Emily smiles and adds "We can't either." Laughing to herself, she flips her blonde hair out of her face to get a better look at the figure before her, and noticing her beautiful dark brown hair.

So I'm just gonna jump in here~ Don't mind me~))

Atzel Watson was in her favorite place to be at lunch. The library. Her friends, well the ones she used to have, would make jokes about it saying that she was too much of a bookworm. That was part of the reason she had stopped hanging out with them. The other reason was because of what had begun to happen late at night. She shook her head to clear it and began to search for a book that she could immerse herself into. Her hand slowly picked up a book she must have missed over the years and she opened it to read. The second the book was open, she was lost to this world and rushed into the world of magic that the book held.

( xD me too haha)

Kai was wandering around,not really aiming to go anywhere really. He usually did this everyday,like a walk time but more everywhere instead of in one area around in circles. There was nothing else for him to do at the time so it was the only thing that came to mind,he'd love to listen to the sounds around anyway. He'd walk until he got hungry,though he had nothing to eat right now which always made it hard. He got out of the hospital about a week ago and has no where to go now,so he had sat in front of the hospital at least until they moved him along. His life had gotten broken and worn down,as did his body and it's just not the same as before. Though he could still walk,and that he loved to do.

Aubree took a moment to swallow, looking down at her plate “Yeah, why?” she paused briefly in her eating to examine the meat. When it was cleared by her watchful eye she glanced down at Julian’s own plate of food, “Is the pizza bad?” she wonders. To her it doesn’t look all that appealing…well, except the pepperoni…and sausage…and was that ham?

The blonde was taught to finish her meal though, so she tried to remain focused on the cooked poultry in front of her. Just as she started eating again, eagerly ripping apart the meat like an animal, Julian asked her a rather obvious question. When her mouth was clear of her food she first scolded the boy in front of her, “Don’t speak with your mouth full…and of course I know when Thanksgiving is…I’m just a little hungry” she explains.

The girl looks around for napkins and upon finding none she realizes she had forgotten those too, sighing as she looked up from the table. Luminous seemed to be just entering the cafeteria, probably getting a scolding from the history teacher for being so late to his class. The new girl was standing close to her what was her na--…wait.

Aubree paused when her nose seemed to twitch, realizing what it was that Luminous had order for lunch. That was a steak, on her cafeteria trey…had they even been serving steak? There was no way she had missed such a thing…

The girl was pulled out of her thoughts when Julian leaned over whispering quite loudly about someone checking her out. The girl frowned, looking around as she wiped her mouth with her wrist, only to see James scoff and realize Julian was joking. With a sigh of relief and another glance at the steak, she realized she still had food in front of her.

Julian offered her his fork, and Aubree stared at the utensil, reaching for it hesitantly. There was some part of her that didn’t want to use it, but she realized how weird this was. Finally taking the fork from Julian, she started eating with it, a normal pace now established but having no problem making her way through the meat dish.

“Do you have any napkins?” she asks of her best friend, suddenly snapping into normal Aubree and wanting to clean herself up.

(I am planning on switching to night soon. Is everyone ready?)

He laughed.

It was all too easy. He could remember each of their faces. How they looked and acted. He could remember their names. Everything about them. He could almost taste their joy at the start and their fear and worry now. It tasted delicious.

Oh how stupid they all were. They had no idea what was going on. How meaningless they all were. They were his playtoys now and he was going to have to make sure that they learned that soon enough. They had been allowed to roam around, to explore their new world. To make friends and enemies and allies. To have their fun times. But fun times were all over now. Now they would learn that they were tools to be used. And it would start so simple. No one would notice it. Not at first. But soon, OH, he could taste the panic that would arise. He could see the chaos right in front of his eyes. He laughed, reveling in his plan. Oh how foolish they all were.

He stopped on one file and nodded. Then he turned and moved to a large cauldron in the room. It started to boil as he drew near and he leaned down taking a deep wiff. Then he dropped some blood into it and chanted a few words.

"So it begins."

Ready when you are!~))

Atzel stopped when she had reached chapter four and shut the book. She knew that it she read any further then she would get so lost that she wouldn't hear the bell ring and miss classes. The librarians had given her access to the computer to she out her books and she frequently check out her own as well as others when the librarians left to eat. She enjoyed this because when she had that freedom she often would check up on her grades as well to get ahead of her mother when the report cards came out. A smile appeared on her face as she thought of how her mother reacted to all of the As when the last one had come home, but Atzel knew her grades were slipping with all the extra activity that was happening at night.

Letting out a sigh, she quickly cheeked out the book before leaving the library and heading back to the very noisy cafeteria. By the time she arrived her stomach was growling as though she hadn't had the large breakfast that she did this morning. Atzel rushed to the line to get some of the last of the food. Just enough to get me through the rest off the day. Her mind was only on the food and not on the problem that would be quickly approaching after. Where would she sit?

Julian watched cautiously as Aubree returned to eating. Normally, this time. Hm. All she'd needed all along was a fork. He'd have to keep that in mind the next time she started acting weird.

He turned his attention back over to where Luminous was standing. Julian had seen her when he'd followed Aubree's gaze, wondering why she was looking in her direction; she wasn't all too conspicuous. Except her name, of course. Luminous was an awesome name. She looked sort of lost in the middle of the crowd of hungry students. Two of them converged on her as he watched; Ray and... that new girl. Her name started with an E, he thought, although his record for remembering names hadn't been too hot that day.

"Isn't Luminous a cool name?" he commented to Aubree, not really turning to look at her. "I asked around earlier, and as far as I can tell that's actually her official name. Birth certificate and everything." He turned and took another bite from his pizza. She'd never said it herself, but... actually, as far as he remembered, he'd never really heard her say much at all.

"Uh, what? Napkins?" Julian looked up and over at his friend, still holding his pizza. She didn't have napkins herself? Well, she also hadn't had a fork.... "Um, no, not really," he said, looking at his tray.

"Hey, Tristan," he said turning to the boy sitting next to him. "Mind if I just?... Thanks," he said, taking the napkins on his tray with his free hand. Tristan had been facing the other direction, and made a half-hearted attempt to look behind him. Whether or not he had actually needed his napkins, he decided he didn't really feel like dealing with Julian that day and turned back around.

"Here you go," he said, handing the ill-gotten napkins to Aubree with a grin.

(Time-skip ahoy! If you still need time, just try and make a few catch up posts)

Daniel didn't think this day was that successful. In fact he was distracted most of the day. He had spent a good chunk of it wondering if he would see Julian again tonight or any of the others. Not that he knew what any of them were. He didn't think they'd all be birds, but it was a possibility. He had gone through a bird guide book for some of his break, trying to see which ones might run from him. Maybe those who didn't would be people like him. He also had his thoughtspeak if he needed to check. That was a cool plus he had learned.

Daniel looked at the clock and sighed a little. He was starting to wonder if something was wrong with him. Here he was twenty-eight years old and he was acting like a kid in a candy shop, all excited to see if he'd meet anyone new tonight. Anyone quite like him. He was suppose to be a serious businessman, but something about him just wouldn't let go of the kid in him. He found the changing and being an owl all too exciting, even six months later. It was new and adventurous and it hadn't lead to any trouble so far. Yes there was his girlfriend but he felt that he could manage. Maybe he was going through a mid-life crisis way too early. It just seemed that normal life was too boring for him now that he had this chance.

He was too busy in his thoughts, he didn't notice the change at first. The sound of a hiss startled him and he struck out with his talons. A nearby cat hissed again and ran off. What was he doing on the ground of all places?

It took some time for Daniel to get off the ground and into the air. He spun around in circles, trying to cover areas of the city, calling out, <Anyone down there? Julian? Random people? Hello?>

----

Jin had a difficult day at classes. She found herself nodding off a bit. She rarely paid too much attention to the professor, but she felt sort of bad. If she failed out of college because of this stupid turning into a cat thing, she might just scream. Not that would do anything. Still it was difficult. If there was a way to change at will, Jin might not mind so much. Taking cat naps seemed like a nice ability to have. But no it was a thing forced on her on a strict schedule.

Jin didn't notice someone coming near her desk and she hissed at them. They looked at her like she was crazy and backed away slowly from the desk. Jin knew she shouldn't have done that but it was almost like an instinct now. Protect her space. This was
mine. Mine and not your's. She knew it was the cat in her. Cats had a tendency to be territorial and of course she was a male cat. She had to make sure others knew what was her's and not her's.

Well she didn't have to, but it was hard to resist the urge lately.

Jin packed up her things, ignoring the whispering and a few weird looks. Let them think whatever they wanted. They didn't matter to her. She moved as fast as she could. She wanted to get her work done before she had to change tonight. She was sick of doing it in a rush.

She managed to get through most of it as well. But she saw the time before she felt the change. Some of it would go undone again.

<Perfect.>

Jin scanned the area with her cat eyes. She could smell the scent of another tomcat far off. But what drew her attention was that she seemed to be near the park where she met that ferret. Hm. Well that was kind of interesting. Wondering if the ferretboygirlperson would show up again, Jin planted herself on a bench, curling up and waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back