Alley Cats

<Don't bite that MUCH?> Veronica says with great sarcasm, again rolling her eyes. <Har de har har. Maybe I'm more worried about the licking.>

She notices Sasha's double take at her mention of college and bristles slightly, staring back at him. What? He figured she wouldn't be going to college? Where did he get that idea, if that was the case? Didn't he think that SOME people had more of an ambition than her sister the tattoist?

Rinji, of course, gives a meow that Veronica recognizes as a laugh in response to his joke, or at least, Veronica assumes it was a joke. She is still circling around them both, tail held high as she continues excitedly.

<This is so cool! Veronica always said we shouldn't hang around other animals in case they figure something is weird about us. She says they can probably smell we're different or something like that and they might attack us or gang up on us. So we never met another one...I wonder how many there are!>

Veronica is still sitting on her haunches, watching Rinji with weary resignation at her energy. As Rinji passes her again, still purring lightly, Veronica looks to Sasha and says with cynicism, <Would you believe she's eight years older than me?>

<Oh, come on, Nica, you have to be excited!> Rinji insists, flicking her tail in Veronica's face, and Veronica backs away with a grumbling noise in her throat.

<It's interesting, it's not EXCITING.>

<She's just like that,> Rinji explains, undaunted, and flicks Veronica with her tail again. <I call her Miss Grumpy Pants.>

<And then I kick your ass, remember?> Veronica adds, this time with a faint hiss and a glance at Sasha. Another comment like that one, in front of this guy, no less, and she was taking out fur next time.

Nica? His tail beat, he liked that and Alexander laughed, terrier growling as it lowered it's head to the ground, paws beneath it's chin as he eyed the two siblings, reminded of his own arguments growing up as for the first time he heard the actual verbal communication between them.

He had never been all that close to Laura, the eldest of his sisters, not really, though taking on the role his father had left behind as man of the house, picking up the pieces as his mother initially fell apart after the split, he was in other ways and could see a resemblance between the two at present feline's interaction with his family's own.

Five years years his junior and now eighteen, Victoria's irritation reminded him of Laura's. Though Laura by far was more, spiteful and physical with her her responses. She was so easily frustrated by his words, embarrassed by his actions and more so by his so called 'outdated' music, and the way he acted towards any boy she brought home, grilling them with the spanish inquisition or if not sharing intimate details she would rather not know, she had long since decided he was an outright pain in the ass, absolutely determined not to be related to him in any way and he'd been slapped backside the head more times than he could count.

Needless to say, the tone he had picked up in Veronica's voice when she had rejected the notion of working in a tattoo parlor, that she attended college, made more sense now than it had. . . eight years. . . that also made Rinji old than him. . .

As Veronica's eyes focus in his direction with her final words, the message that it is not his business more than just a little evident when coupled with her tone causing slight discomfort for the canine, Alexander quickly shifts under the gaze averting it's own, head turning away in reassurance that he is no longer listening, that it is forgotten and he thinks nothing of it. However as his eyes flick back to her once then twice from the corners curiously he finally gives up the act rolling onto his back a second time, tail dusting the pavement as he lounges there.

<Mine's just as immune> He tells Rinji with a canine grin in Veronica's direction, referring to his own sibling's rejection of the fun and curiosity in life. Of course he means no harm by his words fully aware that both Laura and even this girl trapped in a feline skin no doubt were capable of having fun when it suited them, rather responding in jest with a wink toward the Burmese, almost as though he is expecting retaliation. Though he sobers in genuine curiosity as he continues on to ask. <So what does excite you if not the sound of me voice or all of this?>

Rinji bobs her head in response to Sasha's indication of understanding as to her predicament with her sister, giving a pleased purr as well as she indicates Veronica with another flick of her tail. <I know! What is it with being eighteen years old and not knowing fun if I handed it to them in a confetti covered cupcake?>

<I don't like cupcakes,> Veronica reminded her sister, and Rinji gave a brief meow that Veronica recognized as laughter, cleaning her whiskers with one paw.

<I know!!! Can you believe that, Sasha? She doesn't like CUPCAKES! That's going way too far off the tracks of the fun train.>

But all teasing and jokes aside, Sasha's question to Veronica impacts her more than he'd probably intended. Because the truth was, when she stopped to think about it...what DID she get excited about?

She didn't know. Nothing came to her mind off the top of her head, or even after she thought for a few moments. And the more Veronica wracked her brain, the more empty her thoughts were, and the more disturbed she became by the response that was evading her.

Was it really true that nothing excited her, nothing at all?

Well, maybe it was a good thing. Life wasn't supposed to be a carnival. You weren't supposed to go around gleeful over every little thing like an overgrown child. What did being excited do for you in life anyway? What did she have to be excited about?

Still, she was bothered secretly by her lack of a response as she changed the subject. <We should be changing back soon, I think. Rinji, if you oversleep again and are running late, don't complain to me if your pay gets docked.>

This was incredible! Daniel had finally met someone else just like himself. Sure they weren't another owl, but a hawk, but they were human too. At least mostly human. Daniel had stopped seeing himself as a full human a couple months back. The owl was too much apart of him now to just ignore.

<My name is Daniel> he told the hawk, looking up at it. His owl body didn't really want to be around the hawk, but Daniel wasn't just about to leave the only other animal/human person like himself. Unless the crow was one too. But the crow was silent for now and so Daniel focused on the hawk. <It's nice to meet you Julian. If I may ask did this start for you six months ago?>

Sasha notes the lack of response with impatience, ear twitching curiously as he rolls back over, head cocking, eyes glancing toward Rinji at her statement before returning to the Burmese, tail beating once, twice, slowly, stilling as he realises there is to be no answer. That she is outright avoiding the question. Were her interests really that embarrassing. . . ?

It takes him a momment to realise he's still watching her, the terrier's head lowered as it releases a low, almost contemplative growl, impatient for it's response however he is soon distracted by Veronica's words. Pushing up to his feet with an amused growl as the Burmese continues and, Alexander 'smiles'.his ears perking up as his tail begins to beat once more and the terrier barks, panting; for the first time in a long time excited at the thought of returning to his monotonous human world. At the prospect of at least meeting Rinji, if not both siblings in their natural forms recalling the string of numbers she had shared with him.

<You too? Damn I hate early mornings> He focuses mainly on Rinji as he speaks before regarding them both once more. <That's why I chose The Dutchess, it's not so impressive as this, but it's relaxing and the hours are flexible to work around this whole bit with only the occasional wake up.>

Early mornings? That was a laugh. Rinji's "early morning" consisted of waking up around 10 to go into work at 11, hardly an early morning if you asked Veronica. Granted, they didn't have a full night's sleep, well, ever, but still. Ten am was not the crack of dawn.

<She doesn't wake up early, it's practically lunch time by the time her ass is punching in> Veronica informs Sasha with another eye roll, flicking her tail back and forth and walking around the two restlessly as she waits for their flirt fest, as she sees it, to die down. <Rinj, you about done showing off already?>

But Rinji is ignoring Veronica now, and she sits in front of Sasha on her haunches, her yellow eyes bright as she gives another approving meow. <Oh you work at the Dutchess! That's awesome! I go there sometimes! I've probably seen you!>

<Probably tried to sleep with you> Veronica mumbles to herself more than to Rinji, but Rinji ignores this too, giving Sasha another quick, excited nuzzle.

<Which one are you? I'm the blonde with tattoos on my upper arms and chest, those are the ones you can see anyway. Veronica you wouldn't know, she doesn't do bars.>

<Yet> Veronica added somewhat grouchily. It wasn't because she was really so eager to spend time in smoky, crowded bars with loud music and bad smells once she was old enough, it was more that she didn't really like her sister dismissing her like that. Next thing, she bet, Rinji would be describing Veronica. What would she say- tall, boring hair, boring tattoo-less body, not even so much as an interesting piercing to spice her up? Yep, she bet that was exactly what her sister would say.

Six months!

That was incredible! Daniel's story matched up with his. What did this mean? Was this finally a step towards understanding this enigma?

Eh, Julian didn't really care. Coming up with a wild theory was one thing, but actual sleuthing he tended to leave for smarter people like Aubree.

<Yes! Right, six months, almost perfectly!> Julian flapped closer on the roof as he spoke. <Do you know why this is all happening?> He imitated a conspirative whisper with a low croak, sounding dead serious; <I suspect aliens.>

A voice- human- came from the sidewalk nearby, making Julian turn his head. It was a woman staring up at them, asking something to a man walking by her. As the hawk watched, the man looked up to see the avians as well. The couple were paused on an intersection, unwilling to leave the curious sight behind them.

<What are you looking at?> screeched Julian, unfolding his wings and lifting off of the rooftop. <Let's go for a flight, Dan,> he said, leaving the woman fumbling for a camera.

The hawk was in a hunting mood, alert for any movement on the dirty asphalt. Used to the owl's presence by now, it was focusing again on its hunger. One crow wasted was one crow enough, after all.

Jin was impressed. She was not the only one then after all. Yet she had not run into another one of the weirdos like herself in the six months she had been like this. Though she did think about the cats she had run into. Maybe if she tried to say something? Well with her male body, Jin didn't think that would have gone well at all. But at least she didn't want to mate with the ferret. That would surely be entertaining and disgusting as well.

<Of course I am human> Jin told the ferret or whoever it was. She wasn't sure if she cared to actually learn much about the other. <What else could I be?> Jin didn't expect an answer for that. The person seemed to be excited though to have run into her. She started to move around and for a minute, Jin just wanted the ferret wondering if the other person was crazy. Then she decided to just go with it and let the cat take over.

<I am Jin.>

----

Daniel was just as excited at Julian seemed to be about their times for this beginning having lined up. This meant that not only were their others like himself, but so far, it had occurred for them at the same time as him as well.

<I do not know either,> Daniel admitted. He wished Julian knew, but he also reasoned that it wasn't important right now. He just wanted to enjoy finally having someone to talk to now. He looked towards the sky as Julian took off. Morning was coming and soon they would be back as humans. Should he offer to meet Julian as a human or just let it be for now?

<Right behind you Jul.>

<You've just described eighty percent of the women I served tonight alone> Alexander stated thoughtlessly as he laughed, shaking his head at the Calico's description adding emphasis to his inability to make an accurate guess as to which in particular she happened to be.

It wasn't even like he could ask for more information, the tattoos he barely paid attention; registering quite simply a flower, a dragon, a word, a phrase etc.-, their hair ranging between an array of styles and choice of attire from conservative to out right loud to non existent as the evening kicked in and those just starting their night out on the town made an appearance. For the first time he wished he'd paid attention to them, took the time to listen and take note of their voices as they ordered their rounds and made the effort to respond to them with more enthusiasm perhaps then so that he had a better and clearer idea as to who the woman was in front of him, but as it stood her hair was grey, and although he knew they could not all be blonde, could be lighter variants of other shades there was no way for him to tell. There was a lot of grey these days.

His sharp ears pick up Veronica's muted statement about the other most likely attempting to sleep with him though he tunes it out as an everyday occurance while working within such an environment, he had even come to expect it from the evening crowd, taking it as confirmation that he looked rough on those particular nights that he felt under the weather and the instigations were less.

<I'm the one with a diluted Yorkshire accent and golden brown hair> He moved on quickly non pulsed, stating the naturally highlighted colour from memory in response to her question in the hopes of distracting away from his seeming As the only male with said colour hair currently employed at the duchess and indeed the only one with said coloured hair at all over the last six months, it would be easy enough to point him out regardless of whether he mentioned his eye dark brown eye colour or not and his tail beat behind him at the prospect of a potential regular standing before him, excitement at the prospect of having already met without realising. inability to be bothered to tell the difference between women at all, as though to him they all looked the same; which in a way, they did.

As the only male with said colour hair currently employed at the duchess and indeed the only one with said coloured hair at all over the last six months, it would be easy enough to point him out regardless of whether he mentioned his eye dark brown eye colour or not and his tail beat behind him at the prospect of a potential regular standing before him, excitement at the prospect of having already met without realising.

< You should come visit me in the Dutchess sometime if that's the case,> The terrier's head cocked to the side in amusement and smile as he looked at Veronica expectantly, before turning back to Rinji, because if their was anyone who could likely drag the girl somewhere from the Burmese's previous resignation it was her; if only to ensure he was not some kind of wierdo and alhough it had been meant for both he extended he invitation nonetheless to encompass them both unquestionably. <Both of you>

Now the guy was inviting her to meet him in a BAR? Yeah, that was real inviting. Jeez, he really did think she was her sister...Veronica bet that he was one of those guys who thought he was so smooth and slick, that all the girls should just fall at his feet. Not to mention a very high sex drive...why else would a guy turn into a DOG? It was probably an apt description. Okay, maybe she wasn't being fair, but still, she bet it.

<I'm eighteen> she said pointedly, swishing her tail and pacing back and forth somewhat restlessly. <I can't go hang out in bars.>

<I could make you look 21 if you'd let me dress you and put on your makeup> Rinji promised, to Veronica's horror. She could only imagine what she'd come out looking like if she let Rinji have control. <And please, it's not like you never drank before, don't think I don't know that. One beer isn't going to kill you, you're not, like...well, probably one beer wouldn't kill anyone. Unless they weighed two pounds or something.>

She cocks her head, considering. <We probably weigh eight now...do you think drinking a beer would kill us?>

She looked alarmingly interested in finding out, and Veronica shook her head at her quickly.

<Tell me you aren't about to play Nancy Drew with the booze.>

<Noooo> Rinji nuzzled her, but Veronica continued to eye her suspiciously as her sister finally returned to Sasha, her eyes gleaming with continued good mood. <Yes, I think I know which one you are...if that's who I think you're kind of hot, aren't you?>

Veronica sat up straight, staring at her sister in both shock and increasing embarrassment. She would never understand how her sister could have so very little pride. What would it take for her to say something like that to a guy...impending death? A gun to her head?

<Well, let me try to describe myself a little better> Rinji pondered, and inwardly Veronica groaned. This was probably gonna be entirely too...Rinji...for her to hear. <I'm 5'5, 123 pounds, brown eyes, I like to wear really colorful stuff. I have a tattoo of a rose on my left shoulder, the ball of it, stars across my collarbone, an angel reaching for a star on my right shoulder blade, a purple hibiscus on my right upper arm, the words Love on one wrist and Life on the other...I've got others, but you can't see those when I'm fully dressed.>

She purrs, and Veronica lowers her head, giving a faint growling noise to herself. Was her sister making an insinuative comment right there in front of her?

The terrier sneezed, though it was more of a cough as a paw came up to it's face in a self-concious gesture. To say that Rinji's take of him was blunt was putting it mildly, though he eased as she drew closer, he lowered it as she began to describe herself in more detail and in his distraction, shifting through the people in his mind whom he had served in the last few weeks that stood out.

As she began to describe those tattoo's though it clicked immediately, and he would have smiled were he human at how easily he recognized her. He could not remember if he had ever served her personally the times she had come in though or if they had indeed had the chance of speaking, but she had nonetheless stood out even amongst her friends due to a loud and colourful personality. Much like she was now and the terrier barked excitedly, tail whipping back and forth, as it became more unsettled, growling in it's growing excitement and

The sound was more appreciative in comparrisson to those times before, and he attempted to reign it in, the Jack Russell sobering somewhat though it's tail did not miss a beat. It almost seemed to him that Rinji were offering to show them in a sense, though it was difficut to tell like this, with her body that of a senuous feline whose actions resembled something more at the best of time. That's when he noticed the Burmese watching their exchange in his peripherals, his head turning as hers lowered as in what appeared to be almost embarrassment, not caring for the situation.

He had felt suddenly and extremely self concious under that gaze shifting slightly, and understanding dawning he pulled back from Rinji with several reluctant steps, gesturing silently with his head in Veronica's direction before shaking it at the Calico in indication that he did not feel comfortable with the situation if it made others so; it was not his intent to make her ill at ease.

<I know who you are>, Alexander responded aloud sending a wink in Rinji's direction before moving toward Veronica bowing playful, head tilted slighty, looking up at her, with determined somewhat puppy eyes. <I have an idea, how about this; you come with me for a coffee instead? That cafe across the street>, He points with his nose <and ignore the doubts and all those thoughts directing otherwise and if only this once say yes.>

He barked tail wagging. <If nothing else it's a free cup of cheap coffee and perhaps a muffin too, and Rinji can meet with us later>

Veronica stiffens when Sasha barks and moves so suddenly, her fur rising. Even though she knows by now he is a human, not truly a dog, it is her feline instinct to flee from such overly puppyish gestures. She hisses slightly, more of a warning for him to calm down than a true threat or fear in her tone.

Rinji is as unruffled as ever and purrs, excited in her own feline way, when Sasha states that he recognizes her and remembers her. She remains close to him before he pulls back from her, turning to Veronica. At his invitation, Veronica stares, taken aback.

Coffee with him? Isn't he closer to Rinji's age than her own, presumably, if he works at a bar? Not to mention...fine, maybe the guy is like them, at least in a similar situation...but really she knew very little about him, beyond he was a guy who worked at a bar- not the greatest endorsement there- who also turned into an animal at night. With Veronica's experience with guys, she needed way more info than that to feel comfortable trusting them even an inch.

And JUST them? Not Rinji too?

It was just coffee....and it was public. But still.

<Why not Rinji too?> she asked.

The terrier pants taking the Burmese's hissed warning as a sign and recognizing it's desire to play and give chase, Alexander exerts his will over he unsettled and already excited pup, reigning it once more and forcing it to heel and be still. The canine growling in gentle thrum. His tail slows to stop as he watches her, observing the thoughts that pass behind those eyes . . . and he smiles inwardly.

He can almost see the thought bubble as his words have thrown her slightly of balance, made her suspicious. Uncertainty waging war against reason, and had the terriers jaws not already been stretched in grin it would have been by now brought on by Alexander's own amusement before the terrier finally sobered.

<I dont think i'll be able to get to know you properly if Rinji's around.> He states matter of factly without even hint of doubt, the words rolling off his tongue as easily as would the phrase; the sky is blue-, and he pushes up into a sitting posistion, holding and steadying himself with both forepaws. He would have shrugged were he human as his head turns, glancing toward the Calico sitting nearby, his voice suddenly more muted, intended only for Victoria, even as he knew like him both feline's hearing was sharp and he could not prevent Rinji from hearing even had he wanted. <I just think you'd feel more relaxed this way>

The terrier barks playfully at Rinji, before returning his sights to the younger wo-, the feline, before him and his tail moves in increasing excitement once more, no longer required to focus, somewhat impatient to find out whether he has managed to convince her as he continues. Smile evident inhis tone.

<So, if you're boh okay with it lets spend some time together first?>

Veronica notices that Sasha seems to be putting forth effort to slow his movements, and to reign in his easily excitable nature. Yeah, he and her sister seemed to be a good match with that, although Rinji controlling excitement had about as much likelihood as Snooki getting in a slamdunk against Michael Jordan...and why had the thought of Snooki even entered her skull? She really did spend way too much time with Rinji.

As Sasha explains his reasoning, Veronica continues to stare at him, finding his explanation still more odd. He wants to get to know her because Rinji is distracting? Well that's definitely true, but...Rinji was the one flirting here, not her. She'd been practically hostile to him. Why did he care to know her at all?

Of course, Rinji had her views, and she went to her sister and rubbed against her, speaking into her ear in what was supposed to be a whisper, but Veronica cringed, for it was possible Sasha had heard.

<I think he likes you, Nica! Say yes already!>

Though Rinji herself had been flirting, she was hardly a jealous type, and was pleased if her sister had a guy take notice of her, even if it happened to be a guy Rinji had been working on. Veronica pulled back, rolling her eyes, and mumbles back to Rinji.

<Stop it already...you're so pushy.>

Turning to Sasha, she says directly, <Yeah, whatever. Okay.>

The terrier barked, standing and moving full circle before lowering it's head and sniffing at the pavement curiously, moving further away as in his amusement Alexander accidentally let go of the mental leash altogether and laughed at the not so ‘subtle' comment Rinji had made, followed by Veronica's words and then her less than enthusiastic acceptance of his invitation for what he no doubt figured would be watered down coffee. His his tail beat rapidly regardless however of her tone, and Alexander could not help the satisfied sense of achievement at having the thorn agree when it clear was not an idea she was keen on.

It took him a moment to pick up control again, the terrier struggling against it's collar this time so close to freedom, and shaking its body off as though to shake the invader, Alexander turned and circled back to the two felines. Poking his nose into Rinji's long fur coat to poke and nudge against her collar, as his foreleg lifted to paw at her, almost pulling her toward him as it hook about her slightly.

< I'm not that bad for company am I?> He quizzed with a mischievous tone, feigning hurt at her willingness to hand him over at whim.

Though recalling the Burmese's eyes the moment was short lived and he pulled away so as not to linger or make Veronica uncomfortable, turning what would have been flirtatious scene into a nothing more than an affectionate gesture. The terrier's tongue flicking out in automatic response without Alexander even noticing to soothe her bitten ear before backing up and rearing up on hind legs, trying to see inside ‘Cherry Bomb' once more, tail still swishing as he tottered on hind legs in attempt to stay upright for longer.

<What time are free?> He said dropping back to all fours and looking at Veronica.

Veronica rolls her eyes as Sasha displays such blatant enthusiasm over her lukewarm acceptance. He was so freakin' ACTIVE...not to mention emotional. She could hardly believe he was ditching Rinji for her, when Rinji was practically his personality twin.

No sooner had she thought as much than Sasha was back to her sister, unbelievably, basically cuddling her not five seconds after he'd pretty much asked Veronica for a date. What was WITH this guy? Maybe he should have been an octopus instead of a dog with all the handsy touchy crap he had going.

She turned away, pretending not to notice as her sister purred and nuzzled him back, even briefly licking his ear- her sister who moments ago had been all gung ho for Veronica to go out with him. Veronica should clearly stop even trying to understand either of them.

<I've had worse. Nica when she gets in her moods, which is pretty much all the time, she can be a bore> Rinji replied cheerfully as she looked at her sister, confirming with her as she answers his question. <I'm off at seven, Nica, when are you off?>

<I work from 2 to 8, class in the morning> Veronica replied. <So after that.>

Julian soared over the rooftops, rising higher from the modest buildings below. The cars began to shrink and the roads turned into checkerboards, a long distance away but still crystal clear to the hawk's eyes. It was a good thing he wasn't afraid of heights; he could still see the pebbles he'd be dashed on if he fell from this altitude.

He coasted to a comfortable speed, slowly and deliberately flapping his wings. There wasn't much of a wind that night.

<So,> said Julian, flying around in a loop to be able to see Daniel better. <Have you ever thought that maybe oxygen is poisonous?> He glided by the owl's side. <What if it's just that it has a delayed reaction of 80-odd years? I mean no one would ever know!>

The hawk's body reminded him that it was still hungry, but Julian ignored it and continued talking to Daniel. <How old are you?> He asked, somewhat more seriously. <Human years, I mean, not bird years. I'm 17.>

Of course he was human! When the tomcat had confirmed Aubree’s suspicions, her interest was spiked. There were others like her, which made her wonder; was there a common thread between them that caused this to happen? When the cat introduced himself as a Jin though, Aubree was sure she hadn’t met one before. The cat was male though, and she wasn’t much to hang out with any boys but Juls and her younger brother.

<Aubree> she introduced herself, and nudged the cat with nose, sniffing at it; maybe humans had a different smell then real animals. It wasn’t like Aubree had sniffed a cat before, but she had caught scent of their markings. The cat in front of her smelled different, but she wasn’t sure if it was its own personal smell rather than a human scent.

Another task for her to investigate…remembering that the cat in front of her was also human she tries to settle down. The ferret is very active though, and she rolls onto the grass before settling. < Have you met any others like us?>

Aubree? That was a girl name. But the ferret in front of her was male. She wasn't stupid. She could see that and her cat's mind confirmed it as well. Was it possible she was also not the only one to have switched genders in her animal form? That was an odd idea. I mean it was bad enough she had to be a cat, but to be stuck as a male as well. Yet it was satisfying as well to know another suffered the same fate as herself. She wondered though, did the other realize she was not male, but a girl. Jin could be a boy's name, she guessed. She doubted Aubree would be a boy's name, but if it was, well Jin would be more than happy to tease him about it.

Jin did not expect her to touch her though. She felt like she had found a weird one. Which was not all that good, but Jin decided to deal with it for now. This discovery was enough to make it so she could tolerate a lot from her new acquaintance.

Jin thought about the question. <No, but I have a feeling I might have passed other by. I tended to keep to myself. What about you?>

The ferret side of Aubree was getting out of hand it was that or her insatiable need for information, Juls always told her she asked too much. The girl couldn’t help it though, she was like a cat in the way that everything made her curious, and needed some sort of explanation. Instead she was put into the body of a male ferret….remembering that she had introduced herself as Aubree, she realized how silly this must’ve looked.

After letting the tomcat explain that he had a feeling that he passed by others, Aubree ‘nodded’, knowing exactly what they meant. < I get that feeling too sometimes…but this is the first time I’ve talked…with someone like me> she explains in answer. <Not to mention I was lucky enough to end up with a sex change in animal form> she says, sarcastic.

Daniel could not be sure if Julian was spewing off random information or he was trying to provide a theory to what was going on. He glided around, flapping a little, trying to catch a current. This was getting a little weird, but the excitement of meeting Julian had yet to worn off for the man. He was filled with more questions now as well.

<I don't agree but I do think that it interesting enough to think about.> Daniel flew around a bit. <I do think that this was not something natural. But what else could it be?> Daniel was surprised to hear his age. 17? He was pretty young. This worried Daniel. If there were others, how old may they be? Hopefully not too young. To see a child try and cope with this. It troubled him, the first time he felt anything but excitement at the transformation. It was awesome when he was alone, but to think that kids might be involved.

<I am 27 myself.> Ten years apart. And yet so far they seemed to be getting along. Of course Daniel was also still very much a kid, but still.

----

<Same here.> Jin was glad to be in the cat's body. So she wasn't the only one like she thought. She wondered if she should admit to it happening to her as well, but Jin decided not to. Not now at least. Sure she was kind of happy for this. But she still didn't know the girl at all.

<That is interesting. It seems that the weirdness is only increasing of our situation.> Jin then paused again. 6 o'clock was getting closer. Should she say something so they could meet again at night? She wouldn't ask to meet during the day. Not yet, if ever. But seeing the ferret again at night wouldn't be so bad. She'd have someone to talk to and play with she guessed.

Julian tried to grin at Daniel's somewhat flat response, but the beak got in his way. Really, he hadn't expected him to take him seriously; Julian was sort of random.

<Well, dunno what's causing all this,> said the boy. <But now I'm more wondering what to do. I haven't told anybody, I mean; it would be a really big thing if I told the media. Scientists and stuff.> Julian flapped lazily. <But, there's two of us now! That changes things. Maybe there are dozens of animal-people over the world! We could create a secret society or something!>

He looked down at the expanse below them. <Are you hungry? Because I am.> He tried to make a face, but the hawk stayed impassive. <I ate a mouse once, but, eugh. Do you eat as an owl? I guess I could get used to it, but for now I'd rather not.> He swooped into the wind. <I stole a hamburger from a lady once!> he made a croaking approximation of a laugh. <You should of seen her- she almost fell out of her chair!>

Forelegs and paws stretching out before him as the terrier's upper body lowered, tail continuing to sway, Sasha's attention was drawn back to the younger of the two felines, or rather at least younger in human terms. He had no idea how old the Burmese itself was really but then, did he even know how old the russell he occupied was? He simply had the feeling that it was young, a puppy, a teenager in dog years, and knew that it had an attention span shorter than his own at that time, however even it briefly registered that Veronica seemed somewhat uncomfortable again, face angled away and for a moment the terrier's tail slowed as they shared a moment of curiosity.

Jaws parting widely to reveal two rows of sharpened teeth, the terrier's eyes were forced closed as it yawned, emiting a tired whine, body shaking off as it straightened up before sitting back upon the cold pavement. Alexander wondered idly whether or not their time was almost up. It had indeed been a long night, longer still with work prior to it, but at least he had tomorrow morning to to himself because of it, not having to go into work until the afternoon, and for that he felt all the better. He would be able to rest without worrying of about having overslept and, when work was over, he would be able to meet the two individuals before him in thier original human forms.

It was an exciting prospect, one that had never presented itself before tonight, and Alexander could feel he terrier respond to his excitement, as if it were it's own, tail beating faster.

<I finish at 10, though it shouldn't be difficult to get off a few hours early, my manager owes me a favor or twelve.> Alexander stated simply as the terrier turned it's head at a sound nearby, discerning the source to be an empty crisp packet. The smile in Alexander's voice was evident however as he continued. <I can meet you inside, avoid the wierdo in the park moment so you don't have to worry about my having ideas, keep it public.>

Alexander turned to look back at the two individuals before him then, sounding thoughtful as he considered the timings. Considered how Rinji would be waiting long enough for them already.

<. . . Maybe it would be easier to meet both of you together?> He asked of them, though the question was mainly directed toward Rinji. Providing her with the option of not having to hang about for so long a duration, understanding if she would rather not.

(it's VERONICA :P that's the second time you got her name wrong lol)

Veronica prefers this second option of having Rinji hanging about. Although her sister annoys her to no end, particularly around anyone of the male species, she still finds the thought of meeting this overly excitable guy, a guy who takes on the shape of a PUPPY above all other possible animal forms, by herself to be an undesirable option. She twitches her tail, looking to her sister as she replies.

<Together, Rinji? With meeting him?>

Rinji nods her head, scraping her claws against the ground briefly before straightening and again briefly rubbing both of them as though to show her enthusiasm for this plan.

<Yes! Ten works for me! Wow, I can't wait...this is so cool.>

Veronica rolls her eyes again, inwardly sighing as she attempts to detach herself. <Well it will be morning soon and we'll be back to human form...so we'll be on the lookout for you then. I'll wear a green t-shirt so you'll know it's me. I don't think you'll need a particular shirt to recognize Rinji, she sort of stands out.>

<Yes, I try to> Rinji agrees. <See you then....good night! See you tomorrow!>

She nuzzles Sasha again, a final time, a little longer than the previous occasions, and Veronica turns away slightly. Her goodbye will be strictly non physical.

(And it is time)

Daniel had so much to say in response to what he was learning. But no. He could feel it. Time was running out before he became human once again.

<I've told no one either. I just don't think it would be good to tell anyone right now. Besides I liked having it as my own secret.> Daniel laughed inside his mind, letting it echo out to Julian. He was hoping they'd meet again the next night. He was enjoying being able to talk to someone. <A secret society would be fun. I do hope to meet more.>

He could feel it. Minutes left. <Hey we should meet again. Go to Jayers Park. We meet there.>

Then all was black.

Daniel heard the sound of an alarm clock go off and which his human hand, he shut it off. The numbers 7:06 blinked at him. He was back as a human and some time had passed. As it always did. He sighed a little, kind of sad he had to go on with his normal life. Then he got ready for work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back