• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic All That Remains

((Holy I didn't even get notifications! Sorry for not replying.))

Kallie would brush her hand against her forehead, trying to shake her bangs away from her face. She decided that maybe she should let her bangs grow out, but that would be a bit of a hassle. Slowly, she walked, not knowing where to go or what to do next. Kallie had a terrible limp, her leg slowly deteriorating as it hasn't gotten treated. Pain shot through her whole body as she took a step on her right leg, making her wince. Her sleeve would occasionally droop down her shoulder brushing her skin lightly, and as she moved it back near the nape of her neck, she sees a group of zombies. They haven't spotted her yet. Kallie immediately had crouched down, yet there was nothing to hide behind. She closed her eyes and held her breath.

As she lightly blew out the breath and opened her eyes, she decided it wasn't a big deal, she just couldn't make any noise and she would be safe. Kallie is a naturally calm person, but from her very nice demeanor she is always the most scared of zombies attacking her. Slightly turning, she sees an even closer group of zombies. "Oh fuck," Kallie sharply whispered. "That scared the shit out of me." She didn't know where to go, there were zombies all around her. Taking out her water bottle from her backpack, she drank a small bit of the quenching water, savoring the taste. Kallie carefully plotted her path around the zombies. She didn't want to turn back and that was the only way 'zombie-free'.

((Anyways if this conflicts with anything, tell me.))

Zoe loved observing. And that was what she did, while pressing herself as close to the doors of the music shop as possible. She observed the way the newly arrived trio were somewhat like an apocalyptic, zombie-slaying dance troupe. This thought had her chuckling under her breath. Second observation: The way that "Neil and Gospel" met up was like some awkward family reunion. This made her cackle aloud. She could also see the odd stare she was getting from the woman dressed in dark clothes, but she ignored it. She had more important things to do, like check on her recent captures. She was partially aware of the group of people inching back towards the music store and when she glanced up from the things in her pockets, she saw a look of pain flash across Gospel's face. For the first time, since finding Neil, she frowned.

The light haired women was clearly suffering from sort of injury, and it became even more so when Zoe saw her up close. She held back by her as Gospel held open the door. "Are you injured, perhaps?" Zoe questioned the stranger, all hints of oddity gone. Well, not completely as she was still carrying around a severed arm and brain parts and hovering freakishly close to the woman, but those aside she looked almost genuinely worried and normal. She started thinking aloud, the manic grin spread once again and clamped a claw like hand on Gospel's shoulder, fingernails digging in slightly. "There's no way it happened just now, those cuties barely even touched you. It must have come from before! Ooh, what is it? Maybe a hip displacement? No no no, a flesh wound, ooh exciting!" She was practically drooling again. Her grip tightened on the younger woman's shoulder and she swung around until she standing in front of her. Her eyes seemed to dilate and focus on nothing in particular when she spoke next.

"You also appear worried about something. You look around occasionally and I know it isn't the zombies because they don't seem to frighten you at all. So it's something else. Or someone else. Perhaps someone is looking for you, a person who should not be made upset?" Now, her unfocused and not particularly sane, gaze zeroed in on Gospel, but with a quick shake of her head, Zoe was back to smiling and concerned and released Gospel's shoulder which she had held in a death grip. "Hope it isn't serious!" She smiled.

Fisher just stood in his spot as words were thrown to and from the entire group, and he found himself speechless. He didn't know what else to say in terms of recruitment to their group, so nothing was said by him at all. Fisher assumed that by now the group had made a unanimous decision to migrate in to the music store they were currently in front of. He nodded when he was invited to come inside, but he heard a noise. A noise of a wave of zombies gathering, maybe around something... An animal, a dead body... A human? He sighed, unsheathing his duel blades. Judging by the groaning and occasional clicks, the undead we're searching for something.

"Please, carry on and guard yourselves in the store. I'm going to investigate- don't danger yourselves to find me." He bowed again, still a habit he had kept from Japan, and jogged around the corner. He froze as he Saw a girl with shortish brown hair crouching, obviously noting the huge amount of zombies gathering around her. There were hordes of zombies on either side of her. She seemed to put most of her weight mainly on her left leg... Maybe an injury on her right? Shaking his head, he crept along the wall, keeping attention drawn away from himself. They were picking up the pace toward the girl, as they had definitely spotted her by now. "Dammit," he decided there was no way he would be able to reach her slowly and silently. Pulling away from the wall, he ran behind the group on her right, and made a path by ripping through three zombies. He ran and stood next to her crouching position in a defensive stance, ready to do something about the upcoming waves of attackers. "Listen to me," he said quietly, "there's no way we can defeat all of these infectees. And there's no way we can run back the way I came. That'll put the rest of the group in danger. We're going to climb," he gestured to the tall building next to them. There was a fire escape ladder leading from the roof. " I take it you're injured, but you have to go ahead of me." Stabbing an upcoming zombie, he kicked another out of the way. "It's time to get moving." He said to the girl as he sliced the head off another infectee. He only hoped she would trust him.

((I'm going to a folk festival today, so replies will be slow if any. If you interact with my character, bare with my circumstances if possible c: the same goes with @Kininarimasu . Shes hanging out with me today c:))​

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil smiled as she joked about hell freezing over. He turned around to see that the man was stating not to follow him and he was gonna investigate. "If anything use the back fire escape..knock on the back door four times" Neil called over. He wasn't gonna deny the man wanting to stray off from the group, however he felt it was mandatory to offer refuge if it was needed . Neil then followed Gospel to the store and smiled when she asked when he started being a goody two shoes. "Since I started 'life as a loner'" he joked. That part was true but the concrete reason? Neil had none.

He never knew why he had changed after that night. He didn't know if it was disgust for the coyotes? Maybe his fiancee would've wanted him to become who he was today? Maybe it was Neil's true nature. He himself didn't know but he didn't regret it. Kindness often times got him into trouble but it had as many benefits as it had flaws. He laughed as the doctor started making observations about Gospel. Neil walked into the store and got behind a large shelf of country music CD's. The first time Neil came to this store he was being chased by a swarm of zombies, similar to now, except he had been alone. He barricaded the door with the country section because he disliked the genre so much. He got into a pushing stance, waiting for everyone to get in so he could block the door.

Freyja wasnt sure what she should do, she could wait around with this group for awhile and she was offered to come in with them by the blonde hared guy. She really had been alone for awhile and obviously her people skills needed to be tuned once again, she didnt think her mother would want her being a jackass. And when the time came up and they needed supplies her open roofed haven had a good amount and it wasnt to far. though she did wish that she brought her flask with the liquor she mixed inside it. She and noted the interesting history between the man and the woman, she still wasnt sure who to trust here but for now it was the blonde guy. When the lady in the lab coat came out she seemed a little...off in a way. How the girl had been acting she wouldnt be surprised if she was injured or if someone was following her. And she had dealt with enough bandits for her lifetime and shes lucky to have only come across one coyote. But that one fucked up her comfy living and made her have to leave her safe area. She worried for the new girl slightly when the lady in the lab coat started acting even more strange but had finally gone back to a..well at least a less worrying state. But as they all started moving towards the music store she to could hear the zombis making the way over to their group. and soon the guy she had helped was off and running towards them and figured he was reckless and kind of stupid for not taking someone with him but if someone was in trouble he at least went to them which was noble. But she followed the others inside instead of following to help him. She looked around the music store and felt nostalgic about it. She could probably find so many things here that she used to listen to as a kid. She chuckled a bit as she picked some up in the pop section and looked at them.

Gospel stared at the doctor with wide eyes.

She was speechless, this nut was freaking her out and she hadn't realized that she was that easy to read. All that practice, all of that guarding and she suddenly felt like it was all for not. She sent a glare at Neil for laughing at her obvious discomfort. Her eyes followed him for a short second as he made his way to the country section.

"Yeah....thanks I guess."

She grumbled softly disgusted with how much of an open book she seemed to have been.

As soon as the lady let go of her shoulder Gospel took a few steps back.

Humans.

They were as bad as the dead that prayed upon them.

Moving to the country section she placed her hands on the other side of the self helping Neil inch the large self towards the front entrance. Cursing softly as pain shot up her side Gospel knew instantly that she popped her stitches. She could hear Wendell going off on another tangent in the back of her head. A slight grimace slipping across her features.

"He's gonna kill me."

She thought aloud, not meaning to let it slip. Helping Neil move the large shelf against the door, she glanced in his direction after she realized she said it out loud. Sighing, she kept her hand on the shelf clutching her right side in annoyance. This was just the perfect start to her day. As soon as they got the shelf into position she put her back to it, adjusting her leather jacket once again to make sure the Coyotes' rank and symbol was well hidden. The last thing she needed was someone pulling a gun on her because she bore the symbol of the "bad guys".

Kallie had no idea whether or not to trust this person. She wasn't one to have trust issues, as she was a bit gullible, but she wasn't too sure. She could take care of herself. Kallie pondered this, staring at him blankly for a moment before deciding to get up. As she slowly got up, she groaned as she had to put all of her weight on one leg. It pained her a bit, but it was way better than having to bare through the pain of her broken limb. Wincing once again, she was sure that her most used expression was a grimace of pain. She missed Seth dearly, he would always know what to do. She stumbled as quick as she could to the fire ladder and started climbing up, rest I her left leg on the ladder and reaching her hands to clasp the bars of the ladder. It was cold, slightly rusty. Hesitating, she heaved her right leg up on the next bar.

She slowly climbed up the ladder, forgetting that there was another human waiting to climb up behind her. Her pace was going to get her killed, but going any faster will hurt her. Kallie heard the moaning and hissing of zombies come closer and she panicked, noticing she had forgotten about the zombies, she was only halfway up the ladder and she began to lose balance. "Oh my god!" She shrieked, riling the zombies up even more than they were. Trying to catch herself, she stomped down on her right leg and grabbed the metal bars. "Aw shit." She whispered, tears welling up in her eyes as she caught herself. She looked down at the man that was helping her with an apologetic stare. A sudden breeze lightly touched her hair and it made her hair flow. Kallie continued to climb up the ladder, shaking due to both the wind and her recent slip up. Her leg hurt even more than before but she ended up braving the pain.

Fisher began to battle the incoming wave of zombies the best he could with the time he had, but once he spotted the girl halfway up the ladder he though it was the best idea to start climbing. Cautiously stepping back toward the ladder, he quickly sheathed his blades and began to climb, eying the girl and the infected bastards reaching for them both. He kicked one's face and watched as it caused a domino affect on the rest of the undead. Looking back up he saw a sudden dangerous panic-stricken move from the girl. She slipped. Yelling, she luckily caught herself, but in the worst of ways-- she stomped her foot on a rung. "Aw shit." He heard her whisper, and he suddenly felt sympathy for her at this point.

"Miss, I know you're not okay, so I'm going to skip asking you," He said truthfully with a neutral expression on his face, "but once we get to the top, I'll be able to help you. I will also bring you back to a group of people who were humble enough to offer me hospitality. There's a doctor, and she may be able to help you professionally." He explained. As they reached the top, he saw no signs of danger, so he proceeded around the girl carefully, climbing the rungs she occupied as well. He stood at the top of the roof and crouched next to the girl. "Excuse me if this feels uncomfortable." Fisher said as he picked the girl up by the underarms. He brought her to his hip and help her back as if holding a child, and checked the ground to see if it was clear from broken glass and debris. He carefully sat her down and backed up while standing. He bowed his head to her. "My name Is Fisher Blake. I apologize if I inconvenienced you or made you feel unsafe or uncomfortable. My intentions simply were not to harm you." He felt it his obligation to be nothing but humble to her as he did not want to frighten her. He glanced at her leg, which seemed to be swollen. "Miss, If you would let me, I might be able to set the bone temporarily." He didn't wait for a response, and instead pulled off his shirt. Ripping it in half so it would be thinner and more flexible, he approached the girl and crouched. He took one piece of fabric and pulled it up from under her leg and gently tied it in place. "Does that hurt or would you like me to stop?" He asked as he looked in to her eyes. They were shrouded with pain, and he could only imagine the hell she must of gone through. He looked down at her leg and back in to her eyes. "And I apologize for my indecency. Seeing a half naked man doesn't particularly settle one's nerves." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

((Btw, I hope it's okay I picked up your character. Idk if you were planning to do something else. Let me know if you do))

@Idyllia

With the addition of the boy, the black haired girl, the crazy scientist and Gospel, Neil pushed as Gospel pulled thus sealing the music store off. from the inside. Neil quickly pulled a desk and put it behind the shelf of country music. The door was taken care of. Neil ran over quickly to the windows and lowered the blinds making the room darker, blocking visibility from outside. Neil went over to a panel. The building's electricity ran on a back up generator. There was still fuel from the last time he holed up in the store so Neil flicked a switch and a light flickered on in the middle of the store. The windows were already boarded up.

"We are all set. Gospel you ok? I have a first aid kid." Neil said. He noticed her holding her side when they pulled the shelf so he wanted to make sure she was ok. He didn't need her bleeding out on him just as they reunited. He kept her comment about someone killing her to himself for now. It was probably a coyote ordeal and Neil didn't want the other three survivors starting to question them. The 'crazy' lab coat was already reading well so the more discreet the better. Even if Neil was a former coyote that still wouldn't rest well with others.

((sorry its short D: ))

Gospel kept her face blank, removing her hand from her side as she watched him dash about like a busy bee. She found it amusing how much he had changed over the years of being off on his own. She wondered if he knew that she was the one sent to find him all those years ago. Shrugging, she glanced his direction still eying the other people in the store in suspicion. If she stayed here too long, she would be putting everyone here in danger. Glancing to her side, she tried to ignore the burning pain but the thought of having the wound restitched correctly instead of a sloppy job using dental floss may have been better.

"Just a few stitches popped is all. Nothing to worry about."

She stated bluntly, glancing around the store. She wondered if they had anything to actually play music in here. It would be a nice relaxing change from the dead silence she usually kept for company. Making her way to the classic rock section, she flipped through some of the CD cases. Her fingers paused their flipping, pulling out an ACDC disc. Examining it, she let herself smile at an old memory before placing the disc back on the shelf.

((It's alright this is kinda short too :/ apologies))

Neil nodded glad she was ok. He looked at the others. "We are very safe in here. There are apartments upstairs so make yourselves at home." Neil said to everyone. Above the store were three floors of apartments and then a roof. Neil had cleared out most of the building during his last visit. He wanted the survivors to be safe. He didn't mind if they stayed in the music store but moving up would allow them the comfort of some peace and quiet without any corpses walking around. Maybe the labcoat could fiddle with her zombie arm. Neil really wanted a word with Gospel for a bit first though.

He walked over to where she stood and looked at the CDs. He smiled as she picked up the ACDC case. He himself looked happy to find many familiar names such as Black Sabbath and Dream Theater, along with some Bob Dylan and Dio. Neil kept looking at the cases, mainly the dream theater ones picking CDs really for himself to keep.
"So who's gonna kill you? Boss up top?" Neil asked in a whisper. He was slightly concerned that maybe she had bailed too. Wouldn't pan out well for her. At the same time Neil felt she wasn't bailing but maybe straying away from the group for a bit.

"I know I'm more caring, which is a surprise and a jump from who I was, but I really wouldn't wanna see you get hurt" Neil said. He picked up the CD case titled Octavarium and slipped it in his bag. He looked at her waiting for a response. Neil had few friends in this post apocalypse but he liked to consider Gospel one of them. He had enjoyed mentoring her, mainly cause she picked up quick and well...as a coyote being in a duo or trio made you outmatched but put you in sync more..there was team work..and Neil missed that team work, though he hated admitting that he missed anything about his days as a harbinger of death.

Letting out a small sigh, she tilted her head to the side admiring one of the ACDC albums. How she missed music, it was something that used to be able to calm her down when home life got rough. Then again that was before the walking dead decided to call earth their home. Her Azure eyes turned cold for a moment, narrowing her eyes at the CD case. Twirling it between her thumb and index finger she watched the plastic case glint off of his reflection as well as the dim lighting. Turning his question over in her mind she afforded a glance at her old friend.

So he hadn't heard.

It was apparent that he hadn't kept up with current events in the underworld or he would know the big boss wouldn't harm her.

Gospel let out a small hum, along the lines of the song 'back in black' by ACDC though she didn't elaborate on the tune as she thought. He really had changed and she honestly had no idea what to make of it. Gospel had liked Neil just fine back then, even if he was a fucking asshole most of the time he still was someone she could count on. But now? He rebelled, she let him go, he turned into this mushy person that she didn't know what to make of. A small part of her was happy that he seemed more approachable, though it was weird how every time she looked at him she still saw the same hard-ass she had had a friendship with.

Picking up another CD, this one by Aerosmith, she examined the back cover.

"The 'Boss' up top can't and won't hurt me."

She stated coolly, giving him a glance a small smirk carving it's way onto her lips. That same smile she always bore when she did something she wasn't supposed to or got away with something. Putting both CD's in a pocket of her cargo pants she looked at him with mild amusement. She wasn't going to ruin the surprise. No, that would ruin all the fun. Besides, she still needed to find out if she liked this new and improved Neil.

"Actually, it's Wendell. He's...well, I'm sure you know who he is."

Wendell, being the third in command on the latter of the group. He usually followed Gospel like a lost puppy, though he did have a knack for nagging her like some housewife. Though she was mildly surprised by Neils concern she waved his concern off by giving him a fake gasp.

"Who are you and what have you done with Neil? Last time I did something reckless I got a 'serves you right for sneaking out, rawr rawr rawr.'"

In her mind, she executed his voice perfectly.

In the real world she just sounded like she was lowering her voice poorly. Looking back at the CD's she didn't know how to feel about his concern, though it was unwarranted. She hadn't died yet and he put her through more injuries then she could ever recall in her life.

Kallie lightly gasped with surprise as the male had picked her up. She stayed silent as he walked her over to a spot and sat her down. Still speechless from his kind gestures and actions, she stared at the man as he tied his shirt around her leg. Kallie flinched as it pained her. The jump was very far down, but it was either be eaten by a zombie or merely break a leg. It wasn't really her choice, but obviously the choice that was taken was the broken leg. Kallie subconsciously brushed her bangs and sighed, missing her long hair. Her new short hair definitely looked okay on her though, and it didn't weigh her down like it used to. "Really, it's fine." She replied to him in a small voice. Her eyes averted down to her leg then back up into his eyes. This man was certainly helpful, she was wondering why he trusted her so easily. Kallie had a slight smile on her face and a twinkle to her eyes in response to his small joke. She looked back down to the ground and decided to introduce herself.

"Hello Fisher. I'm Kalliope Wilcox, but you could call me Kallie," She said softly, looking up to the sky. "Thank you for saving me." Kallie tucked her hair behind her right ear and continued to talk. She felt safe around Fisher, she would be willing to go along with him. She had to join a group sometime, it was idiotic to continue on this journey by herself. "It's funny how the world turned out this way, isn't it?" She said with a sad laugh. It used to be all fun and games, staying in on the computer or running outside at midnight with a group of friends. She wasn't alive for that long before the apocalypse happened, but her small lifetime was fun filled. Closing her eyes and shaking her head, she maintained a smile as her mind and body were filled with pain. Kallie felt bad for wallowing in pain, as Fisher obviously had some problems as well. She smiled genuinely at Fisher, really grateful for his presence. Kallie opened her backpack and grabbed a chocolate bar, holding it out to him. She stashed a lot of them while she ran through the grocery stores with her family when the apocalypse was first starting. She missed her family a lot and she still wondered to this day why they abandoned her that one day. Kallie remembers that day perfectly. She frowned, thinking that she had displeased her family in some way. It was very rude of them leaving a little girl all alone.

((Sorry it takes me a while to reply, I get distracted a bit easily.))

Fisher moved backwards, respecting the woman's wish. "It's a pleasure Kallie." He sighed and sat on on the roof cross-legged.

"It's funny how the world turned out this way, isn't it?" The girl had said. Fisher looked at her with sort of a pained expression in his eyes. It was a simple glint of pain, but it was there.

"Funny? Interesting. I think it's sad that the world we once knew is so far gone. There are children being born this very second, exposed to all of this, and never knowing the world we used to know. The thing we once knew in movies and books, it's all real." Fisher could hear the groans of the undead from below, and all he could think of was utter disgust for this shit world. He dragged a hand through some messy hair and sighed. "If you don't mind my asking, how exactly did you break your leg? Was it direct impact, or an upward injury? Depending on how it happened would determine how we need to treat it..." He trailed off, trying to figure out a million different things at once. He wasn't exactly sure why he was being friendly to this girl, but it felt sort of like he was obligated. Ever since this happened, there's no way he could leave a person who used to live and breathe as he did alone to fend for themselves when they were in trouble. They were all in this together, no matter the cost. Fisher sucked in a lung full of breath and sat up straight. The breeze brushed against his bare chest and back, but he tried to forget the fact he was shirtless and probably would be for a while. It was uncomfortable, but that's what he got for ripping up his shirt.​

Neil watched as Gospel took the ACDC and an Aerosmith CDs and smiled a bit. A great taste in music. Yet another thing he missed about her. He quickly grew confused though toward her comment. His first thought was blackmail and his second thought...had she moved up that high? Was she one of the bosses' right hands? Neil thought about it. If it were true then he was proud of her. She started from nothing and was up there. Although Neil still wondered if maybe it was blackmail.

The next thing Gospel said made Neil slip up and transition to his old self for just a second. He nearly broke a CD case that was in his hand. "Trust me. I remember that cocksucker. What is he being the usual him? Sitting in your ass 24/7?" Neil remembered when he had to put up with Wendell. The thought if the man made him shake with anger. What Neil remembered was Wendell being an annoying rat. More than once a comment nearly drove Neil to kill his comrade. How he didn't.

Then there was the big joke. Who was he and what he had done with Neil? He laughed for a bit then laughed harder st her impression.
"Bravo. Spot on" Neil said still laughing a bit. He then sighed and grew serious. He had a feeling this would come up. Any coyote knew him as the asshole who was itching to kill something. He must've looked like a fluffy teddy bear now. "The night I bailed...it was cause of a mission. I wanted to leave at the same time that I didn't. Guess I was lost. After that I reevaluated my life based on what she would've wanted me to be..my old self.." Neil said referring to his fiancee. That was what he thought was true but he wasn't entirely certain it was just that. "Sometimes that asshole who barked at everyone lives on when he is needed though" Neil said looking at her with a kind of 'there ya have it' face.

((Sorry if its short. On mobile.))

For a second, Gospel saw the old Neil and she shuffled half a step back. That wasn't something she had expected, then again when she took his spot after he left she could understand why the two men hated each other.

"He's more of a nagging housewife then anything."

She grumbled, looking at him a little uncertainly that was until he started laughing. Her body relaxed a bit though she still looked at him like he was loosing his marbles. She guessed the Teddy Bear switch flipped right back on after a moment of shorting out. He was applauding her mimicking of him which was another weird thing. She was expecting him to hit her upside the head and say something along the lines of 'very funny squirt.' As Gospel looked at him, she continued to be a little weird-ed out by his personality flip.

When he grew serious again, Gospel found herself just watching him. As amusing as it was to see him go from hard ass to fluffy, the quick flip put her on edge. It was like she was dealing with an unstable person.

Gospel paused at his account, she had done somethings for the Coyotes that she grantees has a spot reserved for her in hell. But that excuse about a mission didn't exactly fly with her. She had no idea what could have been so bad that made him bail.

Gospel froze at the mention of 'her'.

'She' was something he never stopped talking about when he was drunk. There were plenty of occasions in the beginning of his mentor ship where she had heard that story of 'her.'

She could understand the grief, the attachment. But, she still didn't think it was healthy for him to cling to those memories of her. He was never going to find something to live for in this world if he just kept looking over his shoulder. Then again, Gospel was one to talk. She was more stuck in the past them him at times and that...was a sad fact.

"You weren't that much of an asshole."

She grumbled, admitting to herself that she missed having him around. Focusing her attention back on the rack of CD's she wondered how long it would be until the group found her. If that was the case, then everyone here would be in danger. Gospel grabbed a CD player from one of the racks behind her and stuffing it in her jacket with a pair of headphones. Gospel turned, she wanted to stay she really did. But, if the Coyotes found out Neil was alive and she met him....Henri would not be pleased with her. That was the last thing she needed, getting him upset at her and the weasel Wendell wouldn't hesitate to throw his two-bits in. Though he knew better then to speak Ill of Gospel to the boss. It wouldn't go over so well for him.

After being herded into the secure music shop, Zoe swiped several pop CDs of the shelf and pocketed them. She had a multitude of pockets and from them, she pulled what appeared to be a walkie talkie and mini radio. She nearly dropped the radio as she backed into a CD display. "Oops." She corrected herself and scanned the room for stairs. Neil had mentioned something about apartments on the upper floors and that would be the perfect place to try and contact her team. But since she hadn't really been paying attention she had to confirm this information. Sadly, it seemed to her that the person who could possibly tell her was immersed in an important conversation with the injured woman.

Well she could kill two birds with one stone and interrupt them or wait a while. She went with option one. She sidled up behind them and stuck her face between their shoulders. "I apologize if what you are discussing is imperative to your existence, but I have a question and some advice. Here's the question; There are apartments correct? Because I need to take care some business with the team back at my lab and I'd like to do so privately. Second," she turned her head to the shorter woman with a smile, "if you'd like some proper patching up, I can take a look at your injury for you." Her goggle-like glasses flashed as a glare settled onto the lenses and she stayed poised there, waiting for her answer, while also fidgeting with the radio behind her back.

Gospel imedently shut her mouth taking note of the Doctor woman. She seemed harmless enough on the outside but looks can be deceiving. The fact that she offered to take a look at her stitches made her uneasy. Not only would she have to take off her jacket and shirt but she would have to reveal the tattoos on the back of her shoulder. Along with the Coyotes symbol, showing that she was a member of the higher ups.

Taking a breath, Gospel shook her head slightly looking at the Doctor.

"No, I think I'll be fine."

She stated bluntly, trying to come off as greatful for the offer. Though Gospel's people skills weren't really something that she took pride in.

She glanced at Neil for a split moment uncomfortable with the other woman but not showing it.

"I should be leaving anyway. And the stairs are over there."

Gospel stated gesturing to the door with the unlit sign hovering over it. Maybe the word 'stairs' over the door was there for a reason. She didn't make any smart comment about it though, which was unusual for her. She just didn't want to put these people in harms way. It would just be another stack of guilt added to her heart.

Kallie intently listened to him, noting his expressions and his wording. She was warming up to this man, nodding a few times while he spoke. When he was done speaking, she replied, "I fell out of a three story building and landed wrong on my leg." Kallie thought about that moment again. She was about to climb down the building with her best friend to get away from the infected that were backing them up into the window. One of the zombies had grabbed her hair and Seth immediately cut her hair short to get her away from it. Kallie went tumbling out of the window and hit the ground with a big impact, knocking her out. When she had woken up, she was in a completely different place and she was all alone. That's when she started exploring and met Fisher. It wasn't that long ago, so she hoped Seth was still alive. Why did he leave her by herself?

She was deep into her sea of thoughts when her eyes grazed her new acquaintance. She had forgotten all about his shirtless dilemma. It was very nice of him to let her use some of his shirt for her leg. Kallie quickly looked down, not wanting her eyes to linger on the man's body. "And what do we do now?" She said, moving her leg a bit which caused her to wince. She soon hated her disability, wanting it to heal quite fast which wouldn't happen. Even if she did become a part of a group, she would just slow them down. Kallie pondered this, deciding that it would be better to go off on her own. This man is part of a group, she surely thought. Kallie would try the group out and if she started slowing them down and was a burden, she would leave. It definitely wasn't the smartest thing to do, but she wasn't a great survivalist. She was only 18 years old. When Kallie was little, she always dreamed of going to college and having a great life. Little did she know that the world was going to turn into a battlefield, humans against zombies. Was the world ever going to turn back normal?

Kallie explored her thoughts, some of them are of the good times before the apocalypse, the rest about survival. She couldn't dwell on the past any longer. Turning her gaze back into the sky, she awaited the man's reply.

Draven just standed there, quiet, just ignoring all the babbling the group was talking about. He just started walking around, with his knife in hand. He looked at the disk, all the ''old'' bands he heard. He sighed. All the disks I used to hear, when my parents were still stepping ground, the places we went, the times we had great moments, and some horrible ones. Walking trough the streets of ''Disney'', seeing all the fantasy characters I adored and loved as my innocent child self. The days we went trough our car, exploring the streets of an actual civilization, people with brains, who didn't want to rip my flesh out and devour it.

''So, guys, don't wanna be the black sheep of the group, but, zombies are growling outside and there's not much time''

Gospel turned her attention to the new man walking over. She gave him her usual emotionless gaze, thinking his words through. Though she knew not about how much time they would have. She figured that if enough dead got together they could break through the barriers Neil had put up. Gospel's azure eyes stayed glued to the man still thinking.

"As long as no one does anything stupid. We should all be fine until they disperse."

She coldly replied keeping her gaze on the taller man's face. Gospel didn't get the black sheep remark, she wasn't part of whatever group this was. She just decided to come see what the fuss was all about. Which in the end may mean the Coyotes come looking for them. Blood turning to ice, she quickly moved towards the stairs. She needed to scope out the roof. If there was any reason to be worried about those barriers coming down the roof could possibly be the safest place. If there was a way off it.

Neil smiled a bit at the comment about Wendell being a nagging housewife. That he was. Neil picked out a few more CDs and slid them in his bag. He realized he must've sounded strange flipping the spectrum. It wasn't his fault. The past haunted him daily and it was hard to refrain from being a killer in a world plagued with death.

Suddenly the lab coat came by and asked if there were apartments upstairs. Neil nodded with a smile "Ya they're all cleared out as well. A few might be messy but there are no dead up there so its pretty safe." Neil said. he then listened to the suggestion the doc made about Gospel's wound. She was probably right about fixing the stitches up better but of course Gospel was a bit stubborn and wouldn't have it. It probably had to do with the coyote marks. He didn't have to worry about his anymore.. Neil then grew a bit disheartened that Gospel said she had to leave but he understood why. 'Fucking Wendell' Neil thought.

Suddenly the dark haired boy spoke up. He was a bit concerned about the zombies outside. No shame in that but Neil knew they were safe. Gospel beat him to the punch in announcing that they were safe. he watched as she went toward the stairs. He grabbed a few more CDs that caught his eye and followed her.
"Its safe down here i assure you all but its best we move up to the apartments." Neil stated. He was growing more concerned about the different threat that might be arriving. He smiled at the thought of the coyotes dragging him back to Pawnee but not being able to kill him. He knew with how he left that the boss themself wanted to execute Neil, probably infront of an audience. Neil knew it wouldn't end well though. He whispered to Gospel when he was close enough behind her. "You're gonna have to leave with them aren't you?"

Gospel glanced back at Neil who was only a few steps behind her as she climbed to the roof. It was strange that he seemed he didn't want her to leave. She blushed lightly at the thought but chose to ignore it. Reaching the roof door she suddenly turned to face him. Being a step and a half higher she was just a bit taller then him. Which made her smirk slightly, it felt nice to be the tall one for once. As she looked at him, her smile faded.

"Yes."

Was all she said before turning and open the door to the roof. Walking out into the open space she felt as if she could finally breathe. Her eyes traveled the skyline, puffing out her cheeks slightly. It was a pretty view even with half the city in ruin and covered with nature. Moving to the ledge, she put the palms of her hand on the cool stone. Leaning over the edge, she looked down seeing a small lake of dead below. Letting out a low whistle, she leaned back so that she wasn't half hanging over the roof ledge.

Neil nodded as she responded. It was a shame really and at that point he had to make a bold decision. Either hope to see his friend again one day or reveal the safe zone location and allow her to visit with the threat others may follow. Neil leaned against the door frame. He looked toward the back of the roof seeing a fire escape. "That fire escape should leave to a safe alleyway..Be safe. And If you change your mind, this door is open..Hopefully I'll see you around." He said with a fake smile. He closed the door to the roof and sighed a bit. He knew they would probably meet again if she left. He just feared with how clumsy he was getting it would end with him on a stage in front of hundreds of coyotes.

He walked down the stairs and into the third floor of apartments. He looked at them and approached a green door. He entered finding it was pretty cozy despite a few broken glasses and a flipped chair. Neil saw a DVD player. He plopped his bag down on the couch and then himself laid stretched across the couch. He kept the door open in case anyone needed something or just wanted to talk. He stared at the ceiling and began to just think of everything from the beginning.

Zoe followed the women upstairs all the way to the roof. She knew that she should have been trying to contact Eren and the others back at the lab, but the moans and groans were calling to her. Eren could wait. When they made it to the roof top she immediately ran to the edge and leaned dangerously far over the ledge. "Woo! Look at all those little guys! They look like one of those angry mobs during Black Friday or something! Hahahaha!" She chuckled loudly and rocked on her heels a bit, leaning farther out each time. She watched as the zombies below her scrabbled against the doors and blockade, not once bothering to look up. They were too caught up in trying to get the meal that was waiting for them inside. Suddenly, she rocked forwards a bit to hard and nearly launched her self over the edge. "Woah! Almost got me there you stupid wall!"

She hit the wall roughly a few times before heading back indoors, but as an afterthought she turned and waved to the women. "You're Gospel right? I think you should know my name. It's Zoe." And with a big shit-eating grin (It's not like it ever really left, the friggin' thing just hovered at the corners of her mouth all the time.) she opened the door to the stairs and stomped into the room a few doors down from Neil. Immediately she set about placing machine parts from the radio in front of her. Faster than someone could recite the alphabet, the radio was pieced together and it hummed to life. If possible, her grin grew wider but then shrank, as panicked yelling ripped through the tiny speakers.

"Dr.Zoe?! DR.ZOE?! Are you there?! Did you get specimens----Hey! Levi! Fuck off!" That was Eren. He was working an internship when this all went down and decided to stay with Zoe and her team. When it crackled to life a new voice came through, much deeper than the first but just as loud. Pity she had forgotten to shut the door, so much for privacy. She hoped it wasn't bothering anyone. "Shitty Glasses, if you don't get your stupid ass back here, I'm going shove a box cutter up it! Got it?!" The transmission ended with Zoe replying happily, "Roger that Levi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back