• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic All That Remains

"Emhm! Right don't call you kiddo, got it." She barely caught the grandma comment but decided to ignore it. She slid quietly down the ladder, not bothering to put her feet anywhere near the rungs. She dropped low to the ground to keep her balance, tanned fingers brushing against the pavement as she shot up and forward to match pace with Gospel. "Just want to let you know that as soon as I see this fight I'm leaving. So you won't have to put up with me for very long!" If you listened carefully enough, you could practically hear the grin grow wider and wider as she spoke.

(Sorry it's so short.)

Gospel groaned mentally, taking a sharp left down an alleyway. She didn't say anything, too busy racking her brain trying to think 0f which way would take them back to the apartments. Pausing, she stopped completely peaking her head out to see a wide street with a couple dozen dead loitering about. Biting her lip from under her mask, Gospel back tracked, looking for a way to get around. She would like to avoid confrontation if she could help it.

Weighing her options she decided to keep going down the alley and hope that they weren't lost thanks to her poor sense of direction. Finding a fire escape latter, she began to climb not checking to make sure Zoe was following. She figured that the doctor would be on her heels with her obsession with the dead. Certainly a weird hobby, but she wasn't one to speak. Coming to a flat rooftop, she let her eyes wander across the city landscape trying to find the landmarks.

"Shit."

She mumbled, turning in a slow three hundred and sixty degree motion.

They were completely lost.

Which was just what she needed, to try and find her way back in the dark. Digging through her pack, she prayed that she had remembered the radio before foolishly running off to find out who was making all the noise.

(sorry guys never got notifications for this rp but ill just play it off that my character left)

Freyja had left awhile ago to grab some of her things from her hide out. Not only some extra food she had but her drinking supplies. She had a box filled with as much as she could put in it. But if she put much more in it then it would be to heavy. She started making her way back to the store, clutching the box to her chest. She got to the bottom of the stairs and started running. It had been clear lately and not as dangerous but she still wanted to make it there as soon as possible. She was out of breath when she finally reached the store but she made it there none the less.

Elsewhere in town, Officer Nick Tang was running from the numerous Zombies that noticed him. As he ran, he wondered if life was worth living. His parents were dead...His Brother was dead. His Family was gone. However, while running, he tripped over a lead pipe, but the Zombies had yet to catch up, which allowed him to get up and keep running. He didn't want to use up any more ammunition, because he only two clips per gun left. Soon the Zombies were now coming from both sides, with no where to run, he tried to figure out his next move before getting eaten alive by the post-human cannibals.

Just as she put the box down to get the door open she thought she heard something in the distance. "The hell?" She looked back where she came from and glared. Zombies again? But by the sounds of it there were a good amount of them, and for that to be then they were chasing something. She sighed and hid the box she put down from any passer bys. She grabbed a long knife with jagged edges and made her way towards the sounds. In the distance she saw a man fall and keep running while a crowd of zombies came for him. "Shit!" She ran towards the man and waved at him motioning that he come to her.

MorticiansDaughter said:
Just as she put the box down to get the door open she thought she heard something in the distance. "The hell?" She looked back where she came from and glared. Zombies again? But by the sounds of it there were a good amount of them, and for that to be then they were chasing something. She sighed and hid the box she put down from any passer bys. She grabbed a long knife with jagged edges and made her way towards the sounds. In the distance she saw a man fall and keep running while a crowd of zombies came for him. "Shit!" She ran towards the man and waved at him motioning that he come to her.
Upon regaining his balance, he saw a woman waving at him. Nick just ran over to her, but they were still in serious danger, so before he could thank her, he quickly suggested that they get to a safe place first.

Freyja nodded, "I know of a place..follow me!" One zombie had gotten close enough that its stench was putrid and she quickly turned while running and threw a blade hitting right between its eyes. With a swift kick to its head she plunged the blade all the way into its skull. She grabbed the mans arm and started sprinting behind a pair of buildings running right past her box. "We need to take the long way in or else they will find us and trap us. But this should lead them to another part of the city." She started climbing some stairs that were attached to the building.

MorticiansDaughter said:
Freyja nodded, "I know of a place..follow me!" One zombie had gotten close enough that its stench was putrid and she quickly turned while running and threw a blade hitting right between its eyes. With a swift kick to its head she plunged the blade all the way into its skull. She grabbed the mans arm and started sprinting behind a pair of buildings running right past her box. "We need to take the long way in or else they will find us and trap us. But this should lead them to another part of the city." She started climbing some stairs that were attached to the building.
Without a word, he followed her with a horde of Zombies in pursuit. While climbing up, the Zombies swarmed the stairs, but their mindlessness meant they couldn't climb, so Nick did not worry. He continued to follow the mysterious woman until they could rest.

When Freyja finally made it to the top of the roof she was panting and tired. "I could really use that water now...but alas..it was not meant to be" She let out a long breath and sat down for a moment looking at the man she had just helped. "Whats your name if I may know?" She arched her brow and leaned back on her elbows.

"Name's Nick Tang, Police Officer." He sat down, exhausted and wanting to catch his breath. When he looked down, he noticed the zombies trying to climb, but not able to. "Those things just don't know when to quit..." He continued to catch his breath. "So who are you, if I may ask?" He relaxed himself against the wall. "It'd be nice to roll with you by the way. Getting tired of being a lone wolf."

She nodded, "Rarely have a seen a zombie with even the slightest bit of active bran power..And its nice to meet you Nick, my names Freyja" She was probably just as much of a loner as he was, she had barely even stayed with that group long before retreating back to her hideout. "Well if you like to sure..there are more people below us. Or at least they were when I left but they could have easily left by now. I would like a drinking buddy anyways" She smirked and pulled one knee up propping her elbow on it and leaning her head in her hand.

Fisher looked over the side of the building, noting that the crowd of infected beings were starting to lose interest, but nevertheless there were still quite a few. He listened to the woman on how she had fallen out of a building, and felt a pang of guilt, considering he had basically walked right past her in this condition when he first retreated to the group. "And what do we do now?" She had said as he scanned the area and possible safe routes. He turned to look her in the eye.

"Considering how large the wave of the infected is, we're probably looking to wait at least a half hour, or get to the music shop by rooftop..." He gazed at her leg, seemingly swollen compared to the other. "Seeing your situation is leading me to believe that we'll have to go by rooftop, assuming you don't want to wait vulnerably up here." Fisher stood and walked over to the girl, making quiet long strides as not to attract attention to them. He brought her up to her good leg and walked her to the edge of the building. A smaller shack like building was just below their feet that would be able to catch them without sound, so he decided it was their best option. The height of roof the shack to the rooftop they were on was equivalent to the height of Fisher approximately, so he was fully able if getting them back up. "Okay, hold on." Fisher picked up Kallie, holding her bridal style. He sat on the ledge and let his legs dangle off the edge of the building. Carefully slipping off, he landed on the shack's roof with little noise. Slowly and quietly, Fisher walked across the roof to get to the music shop, Kallie in his arms. He noticed the wave of zombies were migrating to the shack, and realised that eventually they were going to be fully capable of breaking the thin plaster walls with the amount of infected there were. Picking up the pace, Fisher reached the wall of the music shop and put Kallie to her good foot. "I'll give you a leg up," he said, kneeling down and looking to the side. "But we'll have to hurry. With our weight and the amount of pressure they're putting on the walls, we might collapse."

@Idyllia

Last edited by a moderator:
MorticiansDaughter said:
She nodded, "Rarely have a seen a zombie with even the slightest bit of active bran power..And its nice to meet you Nick, my names Freyja" She was probably just as much of a loner as he was, she had barely even stayed with that group long before retreating back to her hideout. "Well if you like to sure..there are more people below us. Or at least they were when I left but they could have easily left by now. I would like a drinking buddy anyways" She smirked and pulled one knee up propping her elbow on it and leaning her head in her hand.
"I guess I'll roll with you. Beats going off by myself and end up getting eaten alive by those things." Nick commented. "Oh and...I don't really drink. Sorry." He apologized. Why Nick didn't really drink was because Alcohol could impair his ability to fight zombies.

She shrugged, "In a world where your constantly fighting life or death..sometimes its all some people need" She had seen it herself when working for the underground bar. People who didnt die and managed to get there visibly looked better and felt better. It was a small luxury we could all have, being together with others and laughing.

The sound of a muddy rhythm came to ear as Neil lay on his stomach, shirtless. The cold counter was warm underneath him, probably from him laying there for a bit. His head felt like steel crashing against steel. He pushed himself up and sat up on the counter, holding his head. The music playing was louder to him than it actually was. He stumbled off the counter and grabbed his shirt from the chair he had been sitting on before passing out. He put his shirt on and walked into the room with the speaker system. He groggily hit the Power Off button and held his head. The pounding didn't stop though. Not the pounding in his head though.. He looked to the front of the store and noticed that the shelf and desk in front of the door were getting pushed and hands were reaching in. He must've cranked the volume up while he was drunk. Now he had a horde outside trying to get in.

It was bad enough that while passed out Neil had a dream about the group he had just met that involved bacon and aliens, but now he had the living dead coming in. The barrier collapsed, and zombies starting falling inside. Neil slowly struggled over the counter and toward the stairs, his head pounding as he went. He climbed up to his room and grabbed his back pack, then proceeded to make his way to the roof where he shut the door. The slam of the door made a sharp pain stab into his brain. He made his way to the fire escape, and made his way down to the ladder. He started climbing down when one of the legs broke and the ladder flew sideways almost. Neil fell onto his back.

Zombies approached at each end of the alleyway. He groaned almost like a zombie himself as he got up and headed toward the side with less zombies. Rather than taking out his bat and killing them he avoided them and pushed them out of the way. He found himself staring at an afternoon sky. This spelled trouble. The moment it got dark he'd be screwed ten times over. Just as he thought of that he swore he saw a few yellow eyes peering out from the inside of a dark store. Neil didn't want to stay and find out though. He quickly sprinted to the closest fire escape and slowly made his way to the roof not knowing what he would find. He just hoped it was safe.

Freyja thought she heard someone come up to the roof and when she turned around she noticed Neil. One of the few in the group she actually respected,. "Neil? What are you doing up here? You look like shit.." He looked disheveled and like he was about to throw up. Could something have happened down stairs?

Zoe watched, amused, as Gospel turned circles and checked their exits. She hummed a small tune as she followed her younger companion up the ladder and stayed there, big, curious brown eyes peering over the lip of the concrete. She chuckled softly at first then it escalated to a full blown cackle; regardless of the moaning and groaning dead on the streets below.

"Are we terribly, utterly, absolutely, completely and hopelessly lost? Because that, kiddo is rigoddamndiculous!" She popped up and down like a whack-a-mole. "Gospel, Gospel you're just awful, with directions now we're lost oh!" Zoe sung her happy little tune and swung her figure of the ladder and back onto it with each verse. It was like she was taunting the swarm below her.

Nick was still trying to catch his breath. He was not ready to run again anytime soon. A Bottle of Water would be nice though.

Neil looked up to see the dark haired girl from the music store, whose name he didn't catch. She said he looked like shit. He rubbed his template and smiled. "I feel like shit." He said. After a moment he looked down the block seeing the music store not too far away. It had been overrun now. He sighed. "Store was overrun. Thankfully I was the only one in there"

Neil then turned his attention to the man she was with. He didn't look familiar. No he definitely wasn't in the music store with them. "Neil" he said extending his hand to the man. Neil's head pounded all the while. He regretting having that much Jack Daniels.

She frowned, overrun?, "Damn...that was a good hiding spot.." She looked as Neil attempted to introduce himself to the man she had been running with. Then looking back to Neil she wanted to know all that had happened, "I was only gone for awhile what happened?" She really wished to get back to her box of belongings she left on ground level. But she was sure it was still dangerous.

Her right eyebrow twitched in irritation, peeling the mask from her face watching the doctor with absolute aggravation.

It was true, she was horrible with directions of any sort. Not that she was going to admit that to Zoe. Grasping at the radio in her pack, she clicked on the switch watching the light glow a dim green.

Sighing, she pressed her middle fingers to the Wilkie talkie.

"Wendell."

Her voice came out emotionless, like it usually did. Again, her eyes ghosted around the tops of the other buildings noting the growing horde below. Taking slow steps, she stood at the edge of where the ruined building cut off. Gospel found it interesting how there seemed to be more and more of them. Lifting her eyes to a building across the way, three figures loitered about though she didn't know if they were zombies or humans. Her eye sight wasn't that perfect.

"LIEUTENANT! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU-!?!?"

The walkie talkie blared loudly at full volume causing her to filch and step away from the edge of the building. Tweaking the volume back down to a reasonable level she moved back towards Zoe who still looked like she was singing about them being lost. Giving her a short glare, she pressed the button down again.

"Hold the lecture for later. I need you to bring the cars and pull out the big guns. My friend and I are surrounded."

She stated calmly, moving to the other edge towards where the other figures were though she was more preoccupied with trying to find out where they were.

"Fine. What's your location?"

His voice came out exasperated like he had been fretting the entire time she was gone. Another smirk fell onto Gospel's face looking for any landmarks.

"Just follow the horde."

She stated, clicking off her walkie talkie and placing it on her belt just in case. Gospel took a glance towards Zoe.

"The rescue team is on their way."

Gospel muttered, dragging her eyes back to the building sea of zombies below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil felt embarassed. It was his fault but he wasn't going to lie. "I got a little drunk and cranked some music up. Passed out. Came to the place was overrun" Neil explained scratching his head. He gave a very weak smile. Had anyone else been in the building he would feel very guilty but thankfully everyone had gone for a reason or another. Neil approached the edge of the roof and looked down. A lot of zombies had gathered around the store.

He looked at the sea of rooftops and saw the sun was setting. They didn't have much time but they had to find a safe place to go. Night brought many, many dangers. Neil walked to the fire escape and saw no zombies.
"I'm gonna go down and check stuff out. If I'm not back in a bit I really recommend not following" Neil said.

Neil climbed down. A noise spooked him. He heard an engine. He walked toward the end of the alley and was about to peer out when a dead zombie by his leg caught his eye..it was dead..Neil turned only to feel something hard come down on his head and darkness followed.

((Left it vague. I don't care if it was coyotes or regular bandits, if you guys use this or not but I gotta drop out for the next 6 days. Have fun guys. If necessary drag Neil around))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back