• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All That Remains

He nodded a few times, biting down hard on his lip.

He knew what would have to be done, if she did end up turning into one of the freaks they'd seen... Or worse, if she started to turn into whatever the fuck that humanoid creature was. It was... Fascinating in the scariest of ways, and if none of them were injured and they hadn't been involved in a complete bloodbath, Lee would have wanted to study that thing more - look at its brain if it came down to it. He was no neurosurgeon, but where else could you look when there was a mutation like that on your hands? He wanted to know how and where it came to be.

But still.

"I promise."

They had other clothes. Of course they did. Maybe he was in more shock than he realized - the day had mushed into a bit of a blur by now, simply because of that one moment where he felt like death was coming his way. They all needed some breathing room.

"We're going to assume you don't have whatever it is." He squeezed her good hand again. "We're going to assume it's all okay and we'll go from there, alright?" He gulped, and he took a brief moment to ring out the bloody water from his shirt. The water was hot - almost scalding, but he didn't care. Anything to wash away the blood would be seen as an absolute win. His shirt was clean, yes, but no good to wear for a while. He still had blood on his body that had seeped through the material of his shirt, smudged across every square inch of skin and muscle. He was trying not to pay attention to that, though.

"Come on." He took her hand again, "Let's find the first aid in this place, and then I think it's a good idea for us to get gone." He said, forcing a smile. "Lean on me if you need to. I don't want you passing out."

And in whichever way was necessary, he left the bathroom with her and went to check out the little staff kitchen, which was indeed exactly where a small green first aid kit was hidden. It wouldn't have anything surgical, but there'd be enough to disinfect the wound and dress it. It would at least stop her from losing the hand, even if it did leave a nasty scar.

"I guess not." Robin said. She nodded, though - she understood that the horrors were probably just beginning. She didn't seem too phased by it all, but maybe that wasn't such a good thing. Some people just shut down when they go through a traumatic event, and maybe Robin was one of them. Or maybe she just had incredibly thick skin.

Both possibilities were just as worrying as each other.

"I was with my friends at the mall, when it all started happening." She said. "We were eating pizza, and... My dad charged in, he was covered in blood. When we walked out of there, there were people getting attacked. So, thinking about it... And after all of this..." She looked back into the dealership and at the corpse of the creature. "I get the feeling my friends didn't make it out. Or my mom." She gulped. "But at least I've got my dad, and you guys, too." She said. She looked back down at the fuel cans. The smell of them brought back fond memories of a simpler time, when she used to help her dad pump gas into his bike. She was only little then, but she'd never forgotten those times.

"They're coming." Chase called out to them, quietly. He nodded back to the dealership - Lee and Lin were in sight, and Lee had a first aid kit in hand. That was another bitter reality of the situation. The doctor may have been traumatized, but he was the only one in a suitable state to treat the injured, for now. "Me and Lin are both hurt. I suggest we get the bikes up in the RV for safe-keeping until we're fit to ride. It can handle the weight." He said.

He turned to Lin and Lee, "You guys ready?!" He called out.

It was time to hit the road. There was nothing left for them in this city.

Still in a numb state of mind she followed Lee to the kitchen, walking on her own but still holding hands with him. It wasn't that she needed the stability it was that she needed the human touch, a fake certainty that all would be fine.

He cleaned and patched her wound in silence but her mind was occupied with the naked thing out there. Much like the doctor she also wished they had the time and the means to examine the corpse. It wasn't just the mutation that made it interesting, it was the simple.fact they knew nothing about what this disease was and they would need every information available at some point. But of course, under the circumstances, they had to be on their way soon.

Jack listened closely to what Robin was sharing with him. He wasn't sure if she felt trust due to the previous events or it was the fact they were closer in age or if the girl was in shock but it didn't matter. Jack stayed there instead of working with the fuels or moving the bags from his car to the RV, just listening to her. Robin had managed to get through shit in a very short period of time. And the potential lost she suffered... He wasn't good at it but he decided to at least try and comfort her.

"You can never know. Who survived and who didn't. But you need to focus on the present ok? You are here. Your dad is here and yes, you have all of us aswell. We'll go through it together." He wasn't one to make promises. Lying was never something he could do but what he said wasn't a lie was it? They couldn't really know, maybe her mom was still alive.

Lin walked outside, having Lee by her side but she turned around, taking one last look to that thing that had almost killed them all. Now that it was dead, somehow it looked even more threatening. So big, so inhuman and so silent. The fact that she could be looking at her own future made her sick but looking away, she fought the feeling away.

"Yeah, let's pack!" Lin said to Chase.
For a while they would all need to work, getting the bags from the car, loading the cans of fuel and lastly getting both the bikes loaded as well. Lin wanted to ride but she knew none of them would let her take such a risk. The fact that they were taking a risk by having her with them didn't seem to matter right now. She was worried about Jack but for once he looked focused, even if the job demanded physical work. She was too tired to think if that was a good or a bad thing. All she wanted was to take a nap and gain some energy back. All she wanted was to get as far away as possible and despite not wanting to go to the hide out of her old gang she know knew it was their best option. At least for now.

"Yeah, I know." Robin nodded.

It was the bitter truth. They would never know who made it unless they ran into those people again. But how likely was that? The population of Maine alone was over 1.3 million. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack, and without the proper means to find someone, it all turned into chance. Chance and nothing else at all. It was a hard thing to come to terms with, but ultimately, she knew she had no choice but to accept that.

She had her dad. She had their new friends. That would be enough to get by.

Robin did her best to help out, too. She didn't stop moving until they reached a point where they were ready to go - there'd be time to relax later.

After that, it was time to relax.

It was time to leave Portland behind. It was a place that would forever haunt their dreams, and now? Now they were really up shit creek. They didn't have a fancy house to hide in, and they no longer had the safety of always knowing when danger was coming their way. Not anymore, though. They no longer had that privelege, and it was fresh on everyone's mind. What would they do if they got caught while they were sleeping? What if their vehicle broke down and they got stranded out in the middle of nowhere, just waiting for the infected to chase them down and rip them to pieces?

It was something they had to consider now. But at least they had guns.

Chase decided he'd go up front and be one of the people who took turns driving. Lee would have to do the same, eventually, but Chase was fine doing it, too. Broken ribs were no reason to give up.

Lee had stepped away from the group and gone into the bathroom, where he hopped into the shower. He got in fully-clothed so he could wash everything down - he'd have to leave his clothes aside, yes, but he just wanted all the blood washed away. He'd have to be careful with how long he spent in there, but honestly? He just wanted to sit under the hot water and process everything, and let the hot water burn all the grime and the traumatic memories off of his skin.

The water hurt, actually. But it's what he needed.

Robin curled up on one of the many beds they had in the RV and shut her eyes. Rest was needed. She helped herself to a bottle of water so she could cool off after all the heavy-lifting, and she passed one to Lin, too.

Chase had a question for Lin, however.

"Hey, you want to swing by that warehouse you told me about?" He asked. "If we do, you think we're going to run into any trouble?" He asked. "I know how that game works... And guys like that get protective of their gear." He said. "Which leads me to my next question - are you in good standing with them or are you just as popular as any other deserter?" He asked.

He knew what happened to people who wanted to leave. They didn't get off lightly, and a lot of them didn't escape with their colors. You had a gang tattoo? Like hell would they let you walk out without a fight first. If you were unlucky enough to get caught... Those tattoos were removed by any means necessary. He knew. He'd seen it happen before.

Lin had managed to get herself up in the RV on her own and had immediately throw her jacket aside. Latter on she would need to put it on again, at least until she had a chance to find a new one but right now she wanted to get the blood soaked clothes off. Sadly the rest of them would have to wait until Lee was out of the shower. She needed help changing, her wounded hand was killing her and asking Chase or her brother to help was out of question. Well, Chase could probably help but she preferred Lee.

Jack was still awfully silent and had taken the drivers seat without asking anyone. He wasn't in any kind of physical pain and he needed something to keep his mind occupied. Getting them all as far away as possible from the city was a great task right now. Even though he had no real idea of where he was going.

Lin was sitting to the table close to the front sits so she saw her brother tense up as soon as Chase asked her about the warehouse.

Deserter. She hated this word. She was more than that. She had seen things and done things she would pay for, for the rest of her life. Her beliefs around the word were clearly written on her face as she looked towards Chase.

"I thought they would come for me but they never did." She finally said at a flat tone. "Don't know if this answers your question really, but I know there are beds at that warehouse. And a shower. And supplies we might need. For all I know, whoever had the same idea as me, and has headed there..." She shrugged, in pain. "It's someone up the ladder because that warehouse? Not many of us knew about." She concluded, leaving out a hint that despite her young age she was somehow up the ladder aswell, back when she was still in the gang. Her people didn't play around with just drugs or guns. Her people didn't play around, full stop! If anyone was risking their head going there, it was she.

"Well, I'll just remember something a good friend always told me - it ain't murder if they shoot at you first." He said. Was he willing to kill some of the only remaining survivors if it meant them coming out on top? Completely. He wasn't going to bow over and take no for an answer, and if they got hostile? They had the guns necessary to take the whole place over. He hoped it wouldn't come down to that, but... He thought about it more, and he realized that if there were any other people there, they were going to be in some serious trouble for just one reason.

"If any of them see your face there, we're going to have targets the size of the Gilette Stadium painted on our backs." He said. "I hope you can still shoot if it comes down to it." He said, then looked back to the road. There wasn't an awful lot to see, but Jack was going to require some finesse in his driving.

Why? Well, there were abandoned cars quite literally everywhere. People had gotten so desparate that they'd abandoned their vehicles and tried to get away on foot. The gore they saw not far on was an indication that their plan was not a good one. They'd never be able to outrun fate without at least 2 wheels or one hell of a lot of cardio training.

Nature's own little way of purging the very species that had brought on so much suffering. That's one way Chase figured it could have been. He would never know for sure, though - it was more than a pandemic, or an epidemic. It was a case of mass extinction.

After a few minutes, the shower went off and Lee soon rejoined them all, a towel wrapped around him. He also sat down on one of the many beds, keeping himself covered while he got changed into some fresh clothes. He was unsure of how long the journey would be - but most of them would probably sleep it off until it was time to switch drivers. It seemed as though Robin was already taking advantage of the comfort and safety they had.

Lee soon moved over to the same bed as Lin after a while of silence and sat with her. He looked down at her hand, then up at her face.

"Hey..." He said, giving a tired smile. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Any better, worse...?"

Lin didn't particularly enjoy this conversation, especially after the day they all had, especially in from of her little brother but Chase had every right to have this conversation before they got there. He wasn't just putting himself at risk, he was also putting his only daughter at risk.

"I get your concern ok? I know, you know how this places and their people work. But if they see my face I'm the only one with a target on my back alright? Just don't do anything stupid and you will all be fine." Lin said knowing that it could in fact get ugly. She had spend years waiting for a hit that never came. Jack had spend years worried about both of them but she partly knew why the hit had never come. That didn't mean that she had ever stopped sleeping with one eye open. And now they were going straight to them.

"Jack? Get us there ok?" She said to her brother before turning to Chase again. "And I can still shoot!" She reassured him going silent until Lee came to sit next to her.

Jack had a load of things he wanted to say. Mainly to Chase. Sure, the man was intimidating but Jack believed he needed to know more of what Lin was telling him. Jack also had the sudden urge to yell at his sister. There had never been a time where he felt like fighting, with anyone! But now he pictured himself stopping the RV, turning around, no, even better, standing up and just yell at his sister. Of course Jack didn't do any of these things. Instead he kept going on a slow pace, passing them through the abandoned cars on the road. He couldn't help but think of all these people that had tried to flee. Had anyone survived? Had all of them being killed? And turned and mutated? The boy was scared.

Lin turned to look at Lee with the same tired smile he also had on.

"The same. Just in pain and tired." She admitted looking down at her arm. The blood had eventually stained the bandages but at least she couldn't see the wound underneath any more.
"Uhm... Lee? Could you possibly help me change?" She asked blushing "I can't really move it yet but I don't want all this blood on me."

How knew, a doctor and a nurse of the ER, stationed in Portland would have such a sudden low tolerance of blood on them! It was indeed, a whole new world wasn't it?

"You ain't the only one with enemies, honey." Chase said, and he figured that that would be all that was necessary to be said for now.

He had had his fair share of run-ins with other clubs, and he recognized her tattoos for a reason. They'd all done things they weren't proud of, but her former colleagues weren't complete strangers to him. If anyone there knew his face, or anyone got a chance to look at his colors... It wouldn't end well for that reason alone. Club rivalries were a serious thing - it was like a mafia competing with another. Territories were limited, and certain places had bigger and better benefits.

A club located in the heart of Portland? They needed outlets outside of the city.

Clubs outside of Portland? They wanted outlets inside the city.

It was a back and forth - and those who couldn't swim, drowned. Usually because someone else was holding their head under the water.

"It's alright, Jack." Chase reached over and patted his shoulder. "So far we've proven ourselves to be pretty bulletproof." He winked, and he settled back in his chair. Bulletproof, maybe, but all the cuts and broken bones weren't something they'd been able to dodge. If they were outnumbered even 3 to 1, all the guns in the world wouldn't be enough to get away without at least one casualty.

He hoped that it wouldn't end up that way, though.

Lee looked down at Lin, though, and he nodded.

"Oh, for sure." He said, then looked over at Robin. Was she asleep? Probably. The RV was close-quarters - privacy was going to be somewhat important in a moment like this. "Yeah, let me grab you some stuff, then we'll..." He looked around again. "I'll help you get into the bathroom. Probably the best place to deal with it - easier to clean up any blood, too." He said. So that's what he did. He went and got clean clothes out of one of the bags for Lin, and as soon as he had them over his shoulder he walked up to her and helped her to her feet. It would be a slow and steady journey, but they'd get there eventually.

Into the bathroom, there was at least privacy - the whole RV wouldn't be watching her change clothes, at least.

"Alright..." He kicked the lid of the toilet closed using his foot and sat her down there. "Do you want to shower first? Before you put on clean stuff?" He asked. "If you think you can manage it I can just... Turn my back, and you can yell out if you need any help." He said.

It wasn't the first time he'd done this - but the first time he did, she wasn't conscious. It had him a little more flustered this time - she was awake and aware, and... Well, they'd been growing continuously closer. This was certainly breaking one of the borders of their friendship somewhere, but if they didn't help each other out, they wouldn't last a week.

Jack gulped once Chase reached over and touched him but said nothing until the doctor helped his sister up and into the bathroom. Then he cleared his throat deciding Chase needed to know a few things.

"When we get there, I'm not sure how it will go down, what's the best approach. But I know one thing for sure. Until we are sure it's safe... Don't let Robin out of the RV." He turned around, looking at Chase for an instant. "If Roy is there... You can't let her out ok? Like she doesn't exist." Jack wasn't making too much sense but he tried. "How old is she? Your daughter? Fifteen maybe? Lin was sixteen. She was a child." Jack held onto the wheel harder, until his knuckles turned white. It was obvious the boy was trying to say something but couldn't.

In the bathroom, Lin had sat on the closed toilet sit and was now looking up at Lee. Taking a shower sounded amazing and she could probably manage it but he would have to help quite a lot with her clothes and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. Sure, he had seen her naked before but not naked enough for a shower and she was in need, passed out on the sofa. Now it was different.

"Look... How about you help me with my blouse and I think I can get the rest of on my own. I-I don't want you to feel uncomfortable for helping me Lee but a shower sounds very good. Maybe it will help me clear my head too." She said blushing.

"She ain't even that. She's thirteen." Chase said, looking over at him. "I get what you're saying, Jack." He said. "The grizzly talk doesn't offend me. Whatever you tell me, I'm sure I've heard and seen far worse." He leaned back in his seat, shutting his eyes. "Roy sounds like a colorful character. Don't worry about him or anyone else hurting anyone - I know how guys like this work, and believe me, I've been in my fair few rodeos with people this serious. They all have one thing in common. Balls." He said. "Why? Because most of them have spent the past decade coked off their minds and being virtually untouchable. They all think their own shit doesn't stink, so, believe me, any trouble we get from them will be easier to deal with than you might think."

He sighed.

"When someone notices they're bleeding... When they're maybe not used to seeing that." He nodded. "That's when that confidence drops right out of them. They think, 'fuck, I'm going to die'. And in a time like this? It's not like they can run off to their little backroom doctor. Chances are all of their contacts are dead and gone, or packed up shop and made a run for it while they had the chance. Virtually everything that gives guys like this power is gone now. All they have left is their... Guns, their numbers, and their 100 collective braincells." He joked.

"I'm not uncomfortable." He quickly said, shaking his head. "Whatever you need, Lin... We'll get it done." He nodded. He stepped up to her and did indeed start helping her with her blouse. It was a good chance to check for any other injuries, too. He was pretty sure she didn't have any others, but... They'd both been covered in so much blood that at the moment it was hard to say for sure.

Either way, before too long, the blouse was off and the tattoos exposed once again.

Oddly enough, Lee smiled.

"You know, I think your tattoos are, um..." He laughed once. "They're great. I think they look really good on you." He said.

She definitely needed a shower, though. And after everything they'd been through? She deserved a hot shower, above all else. He continued helping her, working his way around her aches and pains and carefully helping her get undressed.

He leaned inside the shower and turned it on preemptively. The hot water eventually kicked in, and the room began to fill with a gentle cloud of steam.

He looked at her and cleared his throat, but he played it cool and smiled.

"Hop in. I'll take your seat and I'll be here in case you need anything." He said, then offered out both his hands. "You need a hand stepping in there? I figured you could lean against the wall, try and take it easy." He said.

Jack kept on driving, picking up the pace in whatever part of the road he could but mainly he was manoeuvring the big vehicle among the wreckage.

Chase was right, at least to some extent. He had to be right as he knew what he was talking about, he had been among such people so he was right. Roy wasn't a big deal. He was just a guy with an attitude, surrounded by a bunch of other guys with guns. That was all, wasn't it?
A voice inside him though disagreed.

"Roy... Worst thing about him was her attitude, you know?" Jack asked sounding mad, grabbing the wheel even harder. "The problem was Lin. The problem was always fucking Lin." Jack felt his eyes water up and immediately tried to wipe his eyes. Last thing he wanted was for Chase to see him cry like a baby.

Lin tried her best not to show any signs of the pain she was feeling as he carefully helped her get rid of the blouse and she immediately covered her breasts, keeping her eyes on the floor. It was weirder than she has thought it would be. They were... So close. And he was so clean and helpful and she was a mess and Lee... Had he just commented on her tattoos? Lin blushed hard.

"Thank you." She said whispering "For everything Lee."

She let him help with her boots and pants wanting to disappear in a hole the whole time but knowing she really needed the help.

"Uhmm..." Lin looked at the hands he was offering realising she would have to uncover herself in order to hold onto him. Eventually she nodded no.
"I think I got it." She reassured him, waiting for him to sit down before she carefully stepped in the shower taking off her underwear with a bit of a struggle.

Lin moaned as soon as she stepped under the hot water. She only then realized her body was super tensed, muscles aching on top of the burning pain from her hand and all the bruises. After maybe five minutes, Lin turned to the side to look at Lee, standing in a pool of water and blood.

"I thought we would die today." She said softly almost out of emotion looking at him through the running water.

"I know none of that kind of life is pretty. Look past all the fancy tattoos and the custom bikes, it's really quite the nasty way of living." Chase said, then reached out and patted Jack's shoulder a couple of times. "I was fortunate enough. My club, it... We got into our fair share of trouble, but they always worked hard to keep Robin away from it all." He said. "There was never business to be taken care of on the days I had her - it was just me and her in those moments, and now and then the boys would come by and have a beer with me, tell Robin all the adventurous stories of theirs, but they never let the bad side get to her." He said. "I think as she got older she just figured it out in her own way - that's one of the only redeeming things of guys like that. If you find the right group, it's like a family. Some of us guys never had a family to begin with. Some of us got taken in when we were just teenagers, maybe only slightly older than Robin." He said.

"For some of those guys, the club taught you to read, write... Taught you how to tie a tie and how to be a gentlemen. You always had people in your corner. Groups like that? That's where you'll find real people. But then there's the others who are in it for personal gain and nothing more. They don't care about the bonds, they just see others as a means to an end - they're in the game because they know how much money there is. But for some of the more genuine type? Some of them ain't got what it takes to fit into a normal society, and we had to make money somehow. Luckily I had my own shop, I fixed bikes, cars - I had it... I didn't have a bad life, looking back at it." He sighed.

He looked over at Jack again.

"Jack, I need to know what Lin did to piss these guys off." He said. "It doesn't matter how good or bad your club is, they all follow one rule. If you leave, you can't take your colors with you. Some of us have the colors tattooed on, and... Shit, well, me and Lin are two of those people." He said. "You gave me advice about Robin... Let me give you some advice about your sister. If those sons of bitches get a hold of her, they're going to do one of three things. One, beat the life out of her and leave her for dead. Two, kill her. Three, pin her down, and burn the colors off her body with a welding torch." He said, then gulped and looked back to the road.

"C'mon, kid... What's her story with these guys?"

Lee sat there staring off at the wall for a while, spacing out. He was sticking around just so he knew Lin was okay. Sometimes, the rush of hot water could be enough to make you hit the floor. If you were in a lot of pain, a sense being fired off so quickly and suddenly could be dangerous. Given how cold it was outside, too? Jumping straight into a hot showe technically had the potential of sending her into shock, but the two of them were too messed up and traumatized to really think about the ins and outs of it all.

Sometimes, you just wanted to enjoy the little things without thinking about the ways they could kill you.

When she spoke, he turned to look at her again, his eyes meeting hers. He nodded.

"Yeah... Me too." He cleared his throat. "It's... Not quite what we were used to in the ER, huh?" He made a weak attempt at cracking a joke, forcing a smile. But it made him sad, too - he'd trade everything just to have another minute working his normal day. He'd rather be stitching up a cut on a kid's hand or prepping someone for surgery. All of this was too much - but at least he and Lin were used to blood. It wasn't much, but it was something.

He changed the topic, though.

"Lin, would it be wrong of me to ask more about... Y'know, your old friends?" He asked. "Because if we're heading there now, I mean... Are you in danger?" He asked.

This conversation was starting to seriously get to him. Sure, Chase was trying to explain some things to him and what parts of his personal story he was sharing, showed Jack that the man had been alone for the most part of his life. Then his club became his home and family. Was it like that for Lin too? To some extent, yes. Though she had a family, no matter how broken and small when she had joined them, she already had people on her corner.

For him to feel anything, to really have an emotion take over, was very rare. Now, he knew that if he wasn't driving in the middle of an apocalyptic world he would have broken down. But something so practical as driving was actually keeping him in line. The older man was trying to be helpful but he was brutally honest to what would happen to his sister. To what he had also expected would happen to her once she left the club.

"I don't blame her for everything. I can't. I was there, when our family broke down. And she was older than me and we only had our grandma. Her story with them..." Chase shrugged, taking a turn on a smaller road that wasn't as packed but slightly set them off track.
"I can't say I know a lot ok? Roy took her under his protection as soon as they met and very soon they were together. But as I said, she was just a child Chase. A child that was sleeping with a man twice her age." Jack was keeping his eyes straight ahead, on the road, obviously tensed. Not only was he talking about his sister's private life he was also talking about something that made him very uncomfortable.
"And that's not the main problem, somehow. That guy, Roy, he had her do all crazy twisted shit because she was so young and a woman and nobody really suspected her. He was a manipulative piece of shit that terrified her but I couldn't tell you more. She never talked about it. Not then and not now. Eventually Lin just left. Slowly, she stopped taking up jobs, she tried to cut them off, she changed her bike and moved out, going to Portland. She tried for months to get out and one night, she showed up very late. I have never seen my sister so frightened. I swear, nothing can scare this girl Chase. But she was shaking like a leaf that night. She was badly beat up but she never told me what happened. She didn't say a word that night, and she never mentioned it again. She got into nursing school and then got the job at the hospital. Lin never wronged them. She never stole, never became a snitch." Jack shrugged again. That's all he had to offer really. Small details of a much bigger picture that only she had ever seen.

In the shower, Lin wasn't feeling that well. She knew Lee was trying to make the mood lighter but she couldn't even fake a smile. She was tired and still there was blood washing down from her. It made her sick.

But then, he so kindly asked if she was in danger with them going to the old warehouse and Lin closed her eyes, leaning against the wall, water still running. He had every right to ask questions, all of them did. It was the most bizarre, to stand naked so close to a man she knew so little yet so bonded to talking about her past.

"I don't know." She answered honestly. "Depends on so many things we can't control. Mainly... It depends of who we are going to find there if we find anyone at all. Some of them would gladly put a bullet between my eyes even at this dying world of ours. Some of them, would see it as a chance to get what they couldn't back then. And some... Some hate me but wouldn't really hurt me." She turned the water off keeping her self as covered as possible.
"Can you pass me a towel, please?" She asked knowing that if she didn't sit down soon her tensed muscles that had suddenly relaxed would betray her. The body had it's limits and their bodies were pushed too much this last two days.

"If she left when they didn't want her to, then that's enough reason for any of them to hate her. Women don't often do well in groups like that, I won't lie to you." He said. "And if she was sleeping with one of them, that's all the more reason for grudges to be held. Your sister looks like she did okay, but we still need to be careful." He said. "It's important we don't let any of them near Lin or Robin - if Roy's as bad as you say he is, he'll probably take whatever he can get. Like shit is he getting his hands on my daughter - I'll sooner die before I let that happen." He said. "Thing is, Jack... You've seen already what people can do in times of stress, where they're in danger. We got forced out of that little house of yours - and they knew we were being sent on a death march when they kicked us out, but they didn't care. They didn't care because they were preserving themselves - they were protecting their own, and when it comes down to it? The people who matter the most are the ones you're going to protect, even if it means killing everyone else in the process."

He sighed.

"We're gonna' run into a lot of bad people out there, kid. We're going to run into a lot of people who'll do whatever it takes to survive - but that's okay, because we're some of those people. I'm sure there's nothing you wouldn't do if it meant protecting your sister." He said, "It's the same for me. Nothing is going to get in the way of me keeping Robin safe. I will do whatever it takes." He nodded, surely. "And whatever happens, for what it's worth? I'll do whatever I can to look after you guys, too. Just stay calm, and whatever you do, don't let these guys think you're scared. Stay strong, cold - the moment you look them in the eye and start sweating is the moment they get power. People like that are like a pack of dogs."

It was his survival lesson for surviving what he saw as one of the toughest gang types out there. Bikers were a different breed - they didn't have their gangsters and hustlers. They had Road Captains, Presidents... They had official rankings, orders - to some extent they were like an army. Just with a lot of drugs mixed in.

Chase was silent for a while.

"She's dead, you know." He said eventually, his tone quiet. "Robin's mother. She's dead." He leaned back in his seat, "I checked in on her before I went and found Robin. I went to her house looking for Robin, but she wasn't there." He said, "Her mother, she..." The truth could never come out. Never. He would take his secret to the grave. "She was torn to pieces, Jack." He said. "What sort of fuckin' virus can cause someone to be able to do something like that?"

--

"Well, luckily you've got me to take care of you." He joked again, cracking the faintest of laughs. "I'm sure some scary biker guys will be trembling the moment they set eyes on me, eh?" He said, picking up a towel and holding it out to her. He waited by the shower so he could help her step out of there - once again, he didn't want her collapsing to the floor, and he still had to help her get dressed again.

"You know, I've been thinking about things a lot since everything went down." He said, "I keep finding myself wishing we'd met long before all this happened... I think we would have been great friends." He said. "Do you think about that at all? How different things would have been if... Things had just gone down even a slightly different way?" He asked.

He shook his head.

"I don't know why it's been on my head so much." He said. "I guess it's just been a long time since I got even... Well, even slightly close to someone, y'know? I guess I've always been a bit of a lone wanderer." He shrugged.

Jack didn't remember this father at all and Chase wasn't the type of man one could think of as a father. Plus he wasn't that much older than Jack anyway. But what he was saying, about the world out there, about what kind of people they were bound to meet and fight against, engraved on Jack's mind as strong as a father's advice. He was highly uncertain he would personally have the guts to stand up to Lin's former gang but Chase was right. It was their lives or the lives of the people they met on the way. And Jack wasn't ready to die at all!

Once the man started talking about Robin's mother, Jack turned to look at him. He really looked shaken by her death and on top of that he had to secure his daughter from learning the truth. At least now, she still had hope inside her, that somehow her mom was alright somewhere.

"I'm very sorry Chase." Jack said and surpassingly, he ment it. This whole situation had really started to change something inside him. "I think you do the right thing not telling her. Right now... It's the last thing she needs. Knowing for sure her mother is gone..." Jack shook his head. "No I don't think it would do any good. But it's good you at least told me. No need to keep it a secret from us." Jack managed to crack a smile though he was still looking at the road.
"As for what this is... Once we can stop I'll try and get back on line, see if there is anything new. Up to now they really had no idea what it really is." He admitted remembering how little the doctors in Canada had managed to find before the outbreak.

Lin took the towel, wrapping it tight around her body and this time let Lee help her out of the shower. She sat on the closed lid of the toilet to take a breath before they would clean the wound and she got dressed again. But Lee, had something to say and his words made her blush again, even through the discomfort she felt.

"I know what you mean." She admitted as she reached for his hand with her good one, holding him, her thumb softly moving up and down on his palm. "I think about it too. How it's a shame we never got to meet earlier."

Lin looked up at him wishing she could just hug him.

"I'm glad we got out together. I'm glad it's you, if it makes any sense." She admitted "And trust me, you are not the only one here that was a loner."

"Jack..." He shook his head. "Getting back online now, it's... Surely it would be impossible. I don't think the maintenance guys would have stuck around keeping our networks online." He sighed. "Plus, what more do we need to know? This outbreak, whatever it is... All it takes is for a few people to get on a plane with it, and once it lands, you've got another whole country destroyed by it overnight." He said. "Think about all the conferences all the fancy business folk had in Portland. They travel from all over, far and wide. China, Japan, Africa, Australia, England... All it takes is for one of those guys to go home with the virus, and their home country is fucked. I don't like to imagine it, but millions must be dead already. That's... Terrifying, really." He gulped.

There was a lot more than just the dead to think about, though. His mind wandered to prisons. When all the power went out for good, and those cell blocks unlocked and the convicts ran free? In America alone, there was something like 2.5 million offenders in prison. 2.5 million people who didn't give two shits about the laws they were supposed to follow. What would that mean for them? Chase and his friends had often talked about things like that, about what would happen if one day prisons got abolished and they gave all of those people a 'second chance'.

Cities would fall from that alone. Throw an outbreak on top of it... It wouldn't end well.

Changing subjects once more, though.

"It might be dark by the time we get to where we need to go." He said. "Given all the abandoned cars, it's going to be a slow ride. Especially on the highway. Keep your eyes sharp, and... Well, if we get there when it's dark? We'll be able to scout things out a lot easier, see if there's anyone around. Plus, I think the doctor and your sister need some rest. Can't hurt for them to have it." He said. "If you start to get tired, you let me know. I'll take over." He grunted uncomfortably as he shifted in his seat, rubbing his chest.

As long as he didn't get in any fist fights, he'd probably be okay.

His breathing heightened for half a second as she took his hand. He gently squeezed it.

"At least we're making up for lost time now, right?" He chuckled softly under his breath. "Considering the current state of affairs... I'm going to guess we've got all the time left in the world. Won't have to worry about being ripped away for another shift in the ER, at least."

Laugh or cry, he figured. The world may have been ending, but at least they'd never have to work a 15-hour shift ever again. At least not in the forseeable future.

Her final words did make him smile, though, and he nodded.

"It does. Because I'm glad it's you, too." He whispered. "And hey... Birds of a feather, right?" He winked. Two loners had somehow found each other when all things went to hell - that in itself was a miracle. The two people no one expected to ever want to band together, ended up banding together. They came together, and they survived. It was a surreal thing to think about, and Lee found himself sat adjacent to her on the edge of the tub, and to some degree lost in her eyes. It was a moment of pure peace on an otherwise hellish day.

A small smile tugged at his lips again.

".. I'm starting to get the feeling that being a loner this whole time was the wrong choice." He said, quietly.

Jack smirked. Chase had a lot of street smart but didn't seem to understand a lot regarding the net.

"We don't need no maintenance guys to get on line while I'm around Chase. The wires are still in their place, mostly secured under sea. The satellites are still in orbit. The electricity still runs. Eventually all of them will die down but not yet. Plus, in case you didn't notice, this RV has a satellite dish on the roof." He said pointing over their heads. "So it will make it much easier for me to find signal. The news though are not what I really care about. It's the government documents I want and the military lines we should keep monitoring. They are bombing Portland. I don't want us near any other place they will eventually bomb." Jack said and for the first time since the two started talking he seemed completely sure of whwhatay he was saying.

"You need some rest too." Jack said glancing over at him trying to get comfortable in his seat. "The doctor surely needs to get a look at you though he is... Occupied with my sister I believe." He said looking through the mirror to the back, realising those two were still in the bathroom together. But actually, arriving at their destination in the middle of the night wasn't a bad idea. It would allow for more coverage. "It will be impossible to keep Lin out of sight. Just so you know, my sister has and always had a death wish you could say. She will go confront them face to face!"

Lin knew something was happening in this small moment they were sharing but she just wasn't sure what. She wasn't sure it mattered either, what this moment was. The woman was just glad they were having it.

She cracked a smile, nodding. "Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe not going to work will turn out to be a good thing you know? It does sound.. relaxing!" She agreed looking up at Lee again.

Her fingers opened up, mingling with his so she could hold his hand tighter than before.

"It sounds very good... birds of a feather." She repeated his words blushing slightly again. "Our job, it was good you know? Fulfilling in a way. But human touch.. being with someone, holding hands. I didn't have that. And I think it was the wrong choice as well."

So many things could have been different. Would they have gone out and be friends back then? Would they drink and laugh and have a good time? How soon would he end up seeing her tattoos? How many months or even years would it take for Lee to open up to her, talk about his dead cousin, about the trauma of losing him? Would he and Jack ever meet? Would she feel safe having Lee around? She would never know. Neither of them would. All they had was now. Today. In this dawn of a new world, nothing would ever be certain again. Time had become valuable, even for a doctor and a nurse that had already spend so much of their time working.
Lin looked at him, realising she had butterflies in her stomach. What a nornal feeling to have in this mess, it made her giggle like a child.

"Won't be around forever, though." He sighed. "Once all the power goes out, the satellites can float all they want. No good if we can't reach them anymore, and... Shit, give it some time and billions will be dead, people will be tearing down rooftop satellites to use as scrap. It's a scary time we're living in now, and I dread to think how it's all going to end." He said. "But until then? You do your thing, pal. If you can get information on what's going on, then great. We know realistically they can't firebomb every big city in America. Have to keep in mind how much of the military is already dead, too." He said. "If we can get overrun, then I guess we need to remember that the same can happen to them, too." He frowned.

He laid back.

"I'll rest until the doctor can check me over." He said, but he laughed softly at what Jack said. "Occupied. Yeah, we'll call it that." He rolled his eyes and then closed them, sighing through his nose. "Poke me if anything happens, kid. I've got your back if shit goes down... Just don't go parking us up a tree, or something." He patted his shoulder, chuckling to himself. "If you need me to take the wheel at some point, let me know. But until then, I think I'll do what Robin's doing and just... Shut my eyes for a while." He said.

Taking deep breaths hurt. That thing hit fucking hard.

--

"Human touch, yeah." Lee nodded, quickly. "Yeah, that's the one." He said, and he could feel it himself - he'd gone bright red. He wanted his own blushing to stop, but the more he thought about trying to suppress it, the worse it got. Cherry red, no matter how he tried to hide it. "Our job was, um, it was..." He laughed. "It was very fulfilling, yeah. Helping people. But we can still help people. Help each other." He nodded. "I guess in a way we're helping people right now... Chase and Robin would have frozen to death on a bike out in this weather - without dry clothes they... I don't like to think where they'd be right now, if we hadn't helped in the way we did." He said. "I guess some things never change." He said, squeezing her hand.

Her giggles and her laughs, everything sent a burst of energy through him - just her smile was enough to alleviate some of the fear he felt.

He looked up at her again.

"Lin, um..." He bit his lip, "Just in case I don't get another chance to say it, I've... I don't think I could do this without you." He said, "And if you weren't here, I think I'd only just be more scared, and... I'd be a mess." He shook his head. "And the truth is, the way I've... The way I feel about you, I don't think I've felt that way about anyone else for a long time, and... The truth is life's short, and now it's even shorter. I guess I don't... I don't want to risk not having a chance to tell you that. So there it is." He said, "You're... Special, to me." He cleared his throat. "And even if you think I sound stupid or if you feel the... Complete opposite, I can't take the risk of losing the chance to say that. Not when I've met the one person who's meant more to me than just work in so long." He said.

He looked away, but continued clutching her hand.

"It would really help if I wasn't so red in the face right now." He laughed, putting his free hand over his face. He eventually met eyes with her again, though. "No matter what happens... Don't forget that, alright?" He whispered.

Jack nodded in agreement, realising snow had started falling thicker now which would only made their road harder. It would certainly be dark when they reached the warehouse.

"Don't worry about me, I don't plan on parking us on a tree." Jack tried to joke about it poorly. "Driving is what I need right now. Something practical,yes." He nodded again, almost out of habit. He didn't like how Chase kept on touching his shoulder though he understood the man was being supportive unware of Jack's ... Issues. It was alright. Chase was alright, that's what he believed.

"Get some rest and when I feel like I can't drive anymore I'll wake you up." He repeated wishing to reassure the older man it was safe, at least for now. He looked in the mirror again, wondering if his sister was alright and if she was... What were they doing in there?

Lee's words had an impact she would never expect. She was a loner in this new life she had build for herself and she had fallen fast for only one man in her life before and she had since payed that price over and over. Now, against everything she ever believed, her heart was racing in her chest.

"I think you would be fine even if it wasn't for me Lee. But honestly? It's... Much better that we are together in this. I don't know if I would have made it so far if it wasn't for you either. We made it, like you said we would. And we made it together and I need you to know... I wouldn't change that." She looked at him, smiling, a calmness finally upon her face.

"And Lee? I don't feel the opposite... At all." She managed to admit realising they were both blushing at the akward of the situation.

His own verbal realisation of it made her laugh again. Lee had the power to make everything, easier and lighter and in this new world of fear and chaos she valued his ability even more.
Raising her free hand, ignoring the pain, she let it softly rest on his cheek.

"I can't risk it either you know?" She asked also whispering, leaning slightly towards him. Lin wanted to kiss him, not because he had been honest or because of his feelings, but because of her own.

Closing the small distance between them, she pressed her lips against his still wet from the shower, wanting nothing more but for him to kiss her back as if she was a teenager again.

"Mm." Chase murmured, shuffling in his seat again. It seemed he would be set on going to sleep now - he'd talked, but now the pain was catching up to him and he didn't think it was a good idea that he kept trying to fight it. In his eyes, falling asleep was a much safer option. Sleeping just seemed... Desireable and easy, especially while it was warm. He knew before too long they'd be going back out into the cold again, and that was the last thing that he wanted. It had to happen, though, and this time there was potentially going to be even more blood on the snow when they got to where they were going.

They had all of that to look forward to. He just hoped the youngest of the group would be able to handle it - Jack was a nice guy, a smart one, too. But he was concerned that he'd maybe crack if he was met with extreme conflict.

And Robin... Robin wouldn't be able to handle it, either. If some random biker grabbed hold of her, tried to drag her out of there... It wouldn't go down well. She'd crack under the pressure. She'd have a complete breakdown.

--

"You don't feel the opposite?" He looked like he'd never heard better news. "You don't? That's- That's great!" He chirped and laughed, shyly. Oh god, he was being so awkward, he was sure. But in a time of darkness? He didn't think things could get much better. This is what he wanted. This was... Just one of those things he needed more than ever right now, and when he thought about it? There was no one else that he'd rather have it with.

Hand on cheek, she started leaning in.

Lee was... Surprised. Shocked. But in the good way.

"Yup... Can't risk it..." He whispered back in a flustered manner.

Their lips connected - the cruelty of the new world seemed to vanish, even if it was only briefly. For a moment he was able to forget all the bad things that had happened - he was able to forget about how their lives had been left permanently on the tightrope. He forgot it all - for a moment, it was just him and her.

So yes, he kissed her back. Maybe he should have made the move first - but he wasn't as brave as he made himself out to be. Life was too short now, and everything had been put on accelerate. But whoever said happiness couldn't be achieved in the end of the world, eh? They deserved this. They deserved happiness.

In the moment of intense passion, a shampoo bottle was knocked into the tup with an audible clatter, but he didn't care. The rest of the world had faded away, for now. They had both been honest, now - the most honest they could have been.

No matter how long it went on for, it didn't feel like the kiss could go on for long enough.

When their lips inevitably parted, Lee looked into her eyes. His hand had found its way to her cheek, and it gently slid off, then slid off her arm, too.

He smiled, his face still red and hot from the moment they shared, but he managed to find the words he was looking for.

"I... Obviously never learned about how things like this worked when it came to the end of the world." He said, "But I'm pretty sure I want to learn that with you. Whatever happens." He smiled again, "As long as we're here for each other, I want to believe that nothing can stop us." He whispered.

This had to be the most unexpected thing that could happen while living in the most unexpected version of the world. By far. Lin hadn't felt this good by kissing someone in a very long time. But kissing him, made her feel safe as if there was nothing else for a while and in their scary, crazy world that was a true blessing.

When their lips parted ways, she realised her cheeks were burning. She smiled, unable to hide her own akwardness.

"Listen to me.." she begun to say softly but she couldn't stand to look him in the eyes now. "Where we are headed, we might find someone there. A man. He is one of those that wouldn't kill me but you might see or hear some things you won't like. You have to promise me, you will not do anything stupid." She looked up at him then, knowing she couldn't live with her self if Lee, or any of them, got hurt or worse, for her shake. Roy was her skeleton in the closet. And hers alone. Listening to this man now, in this tiny moving bathroom tell her that he believed they could overcome anything together, broke her heart as she was the only one that truly knew to what exactly she was leading them. "You have to promise me. No matte what you see or hear ok? "

Lin knew they had been in here for too long and she needed to get dressed so he could patch her arm again and then they both needed some sleep.

Jack was still driving, eyes completely focused on the road. Slow but steady he would get them as far as possible. Even if he was afraid, even after he saw a house burning and the body of a child in the middle of the street missing both it's legs. Jack would get them there.

"No matter what happens, I got you." He nodded. "I promise. I won't do anything stupid." He held her hand, "I know this is... I know it all links back to a part of your past that you'd probably rather forget about, but no matter what happens, we're all in this together." He said. He didn't like to imagine exactly what she meant - he had a pretty good idea, though. From what he could assume, something was probably going to happen when they got there if they ran into any opposition - if she was going to try and talk her way out of it, then so be it. He didn't know how well such a thing would work out, but, he'd stand by her decisions. He'd only step in if he knew it was the last thing left to do.

"Come on, let's get you dressed." He said, and that was exactly what he did. The bathroom may have been hot just moments ago, but in reality, Lin was going to get too cold here. He helped her into clean clothes, then also helped her walk out of the bathroom.

Sure, they'd been in there for a while, and the shower had stopped running for some time ago, but... Who was there to question it, right?

He got her over to a bed and laid her down, and he sat next to her. "You should sleep for a while." He said, his hand resting on hers. "I can wake you when we get there - your wounds won't need dressing until at least the morning, I'm hoping. I'll make sure to keep an eye on it for any signs of infection, though." He said, "You know how it goes... Let me know if it starts pulsating, gets really hot, itchy, throbbing more than usual. Anything concerning, let me know. We don't want you losing the hand."

But that was too sombre, wasn't it?

He leaned in, "It'd be a shame to spoil perfection, right?" He whispered and winked. Another little joke to lighten the mood. "Get some rest." He said, "I'll be here if you need me."

The journey was going to be longer than they wanted - the abandoned cars and the bodies were the biggest detriment, but as they left the city, the size of the hordes of the undead... Almost seemed to grow, actually. Some of them were even walking along the highway in one giant group - almost like a pack of wolves. Why were they in a pack, and even more so, why were they sticking to almost legal routes? Why didn't they go offroad and find a way to nowhere that way? Why follow the roads?

It was unnerving, but, they were all questions they couldn't yet answer.

Truth was she didn't want them to be with her in this. It was risky and to some extent it was personal. There was a part of her that wished Roy was in fact there. For so long she had kept this whole thing locked up in her mind and as time passed, fear had turned to pure rage. Lin was angry. Angry at her own young stupidity, angry with his manipulative behaviour, angry that love had left such a taste in her mouth. Love wasn't supposed to taste like alcohol and blood, fear and loss. Lin knew that now. And she would do anything to wash that taste away.

Having little to nothing to say, she only held his hand tighter before letting him help her get dressed, hiding her nudity as best as possible as he did. After their kiss being naked felt worse. Eventually they made it out of the bathroom and she allowed Lee to help her lay down.

"Don't worry doctor, I don't plan on loosing my hand. Or ruin my perfection." She joked back smiling at him. She really wished they could lay down together but this wasn't the place nor the time.
As he was ready to walk away she grabbed his hand pulling him back.

"Wake me up before we get there." She instructed Lee, knowing her mind needed to be ready for what they would face.

Sleep came faster than she had expected, despite the pain. A dreamless sleep that set her mind at peace finally.

Jack watched everything that went on at the back of the RV between his sister and the doctor wondering if the man knew what Chase did after the talk they had. Wondering if Lin had finally found someone to share some of the burdain she was carrying, wondering if, even in this mess, his sister had finally found someone that would stand by her through all.

Jack took another turn, as the sky became darker up ahead. He didn't like the packs moving on the roads but somehow they didn't make him nervous. I guess being almost emotionless really came useful in the end of the world.

The journey was bound to go on, though. Lee wanted to nap for just a little while, too, so he took the cot across from Lin's. He rolled onto his side and looked at her, a smile falling onto his face. He didn't think he'd find this much peace when the world was ending the way it was, but oddly, he had. At least this was a chance for them all to get some rest. Jack included, too. Chase wouldn't sleep for very long - it was a combination of both exhaustion and pain which made him crash out, but he wouldn't stay down for long.

In fact, within a couple of hours, he woke up again and agreed to take the wheel. He only needed to know roughly where they were going, and that would be enough to take them there. Chase was unsure of how all of this was going to go down, but after what Jack had said to him about it all, he was slightly nervous. He was more nervous for Lin and Robin, though. He knew that men like this had a very... Different way of treating women, and some of them undoubtedly had some fucked up desires that weren't safe to try and carry out before everything went to shit.

They had a kid. A 13-year-old girl.

It didn't take much to figure out that some of these guys might have been... Into that.

Then there was the case of Lin - what if they just immediately shot her on sight? Or worse, killed the rest of them and then dragged her in and tortured her to death? It could have gone either way.

Before too long, there came a point where Chase was pretty sure they were getting close.

"Hey, everyone!" He called out to the back. "Everyone wake up!" He yelled, but not in a tone that would panic anyone too much. "Lin, I need you up here. We getting close, or what?" He asked.

Jack had given the wheel to Chase without too much of a problem as he realised he would also need to get some sleep for what was coming. Using his jacket as a blanket he got as comfortable as possible on the passenger's seat and quickly dozed off.

Lin woke up to Chase's voice calling them all and then her in particular to the front. Standing up a bit too fast made her dizzy so she had to hold on to the banker next to her, breathing through her nose and blinking a few times before her blood pressure returned to normal.

She walked up to her brother and Chase, holding onto their seats as she leaned closer to them to look outside. Jack was rubbing his eyes seemingly not giving a damn about the sudden wake up call.

"There is a left turn coming up. Slow down or you will miss it. It's a dirt road. Stop as soon as you get in it though ok?" Lin told him receiving a wonderus look from her brother.
"Why stop?" Jack asked
"You'll help me get the bike on the road and I'll go first. There is no way I'm letting you come straight away." She said as if it was the most logical thing.

A sudden need to scream had Jack up from his seat. Lin backed away as there was not enough room for them both and her brother walked up to her, literally getting up to her face.
"Are you crazy? There is no way you are going there alone Lin!"
"Do you want to risk the RV? And all of your lifes?"
"I'm sure as hell not risking your life!" Jack yelled and Lin wondered who was this boy standing up to her so bravely.
"Look..."
"No. No I won't look, I won't listen to anything alright? We are coming with you!"

She looked around hoping that the others would be more reasonable.
"Guys?"

Oh, dear. Trouble in paradise.

Lee was up from the cot he'd been sleeping in, and Robin was, too. That didn't change the fact that there was now a conflict of interest between the two siblings. Chase had stopped exactly where he was instructed, killing the engine and flicking off the headlights. He'd turned the RV off the road just a little bit - it wasn't much, but they'd have at least some cover from foliage there. Now they had this to settle, which could be easier said than done.

Lee was conflicted... It was his sister, sure, but... He'd spoken to Lin about this, and he trusted her in what she said.

Chase, however, didn't have to take sides here - he was quite straightforward with his way of thinking.

"Guys." Chase said, "Look... If we're not going to agree on something, let's try and meet halfway." He said. "Jack doesn't want you going in on your own - fine, whatever. You think you should." He said, "Easiest thing we can do is have someone follow behind, hide in the trees and watch from a distance, make sure everything goes down okay. If it doesn't? That person hollers for the rest of us and we come and assist." He said. "I'm all for you doing things your way - but I don't think it's a good idea to send you in blind." He said.

Lee nodded, "There's probably a good workaround somewhere in that. Let's you do what you need to do without revealing where the rest of us are, and if things do go wrong, at least we'll know and we won't be sitting around waiting when we could be trying to save you." He said. "Does that sound fair, Lin, or...?" Lee asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back