All Sugar, No Spice (Well, a Little Bit)

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

❝ People can be compared to candy -- achingly sweet, lemon-bitter, or even spicy.

But what kinda flavour are you? ❞

tumblr_ld3j7oB70i1qaqyzxo1_500.png

GENERAL DATA

Alias: "Candyman"

Legal Name: Alfonso 'Alfie' Terence Drysdale

Family:

• Richard Montero Drysdale (Father)
  • Christina Clarice Drysdale (Mother)
  • Vivian Drysdale (Foster Daughter - 7 years old)

Rank in G.S.U.N: [COLOR= rgb(90, 90, 90)]Not affiliated, but has heard of them and respects them dearly.[/COLOR]

Basic Personality:[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]Alfie didn't aspire to become a hero, though of course he dreamt of it when he was  a young boy. But as he grew older he chose to take a much sweeter path in terms of a career choice. By working such an ordinary wonderful job, he began to take notice of the little crimes here and there outside of his store and the somewhat sudden rise of chaos in the news. Alfie only dons the duty of a good hero when he's able to, not because he thinks its his sole purpose -- seriously, most villains or petty criminals would mock his superpower but it gets the job done.

Alfie is often easy to speak with and is found to be buzzing with energy (probably from a sugar rush) during conversations. One would say that he sometimes nears the verge of being flamboyant. He's quite resilient and doesn't take most insults and criticisms to heart, but when it concerns his power or merchendise it might strike a bit close to home. Fortunately, he learned and honed the "skill" of being empathetic and tolerant towards people, even if they're thugs attempting to rob his store. 

Appearance: An average-looking bloke that absolutely adores colourful vintage uniforms; his workwear includes a white ironed shirt and a little bow-tie with an orange & red striped suit jacket, followed by crisp white trousers with matching dress shoes. This kind of wardrobe actually removes his the mundane air about him, but it doesn't exactly show off how special he actually is. His casual wear is somewhat old-fashioned as well:

f79da599b95f4710dcd02028415e5e9f.jpg

SHORT BACKGROUND CHECK

WIP

ARSENAL

Powers/Signature Move: 

Candy Projectiles - Reinforced solid candy shaped into bullets and/or arrowheads. Main base-type for these projectiles are gobstoppers, candy canes and all those tough and teeth-shattering lollies. 

"Death by Chocolate" - An expanding mass of molten chocolate that engulfs the floor and either roots those who are in its clutches or sucks them inside. Abilities of this move depend on what kind of chocolate is used. E.g; Caramello gets them stuck while spicy-flavoured chocolate inflicts burns.

Sweet Energy - Gains a temporary but massive adrenaline rush after eating an enhanced Mars Bar or a spoonful of Nutella. Grants faster reaction times and numbs pain. Though once the sugar rush is over, mobility and reflexes are extremely reduced and grogginess follows after. 

Confectionery Militia - Overexaggreated name for the move. All confectionery with humanoid shapes/features will gain consciousness and fight alongside him. (A squadron of gingerbread men is an example. Not at all limited to just those.)

Lollipop Barrier - Enhances the durability and size of a lollipop to act as a defensive shield. 

TBA

Power Limitations: 

Must use some form of confectionery to work, if there's none at his disposal (which is very unlikely, unless it gets taken away somehow), then he's just a regular human being. 

Chocolate-based powers are vulnerable to  excess heat (does not apply to sunlight) and its ability can be rendered ineffective.

TBA

Abilities: 

Candy Manipulation - Can only shape and manipulate candy. Manipulation includes enhancing or decreasing the effectiveness of the candy's properties, as well as moving it around (not to be confused with telekinesis, since he can only move confectionery not other inanimate objects) 

Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

A simple but sturdy bamboo cane with a hook-handle. Underneath its bamboo exterior is an ultimate form of a candy cane. Not peppermint, but coca-cola flavoured. The end tip of the bamboo opens up to reveal the sharp point of the candy cane. This is his only type of candy that replenishes itself after use, especially after using it for projectiles. 

Weaknesses:

• D E N T I S T S
  • [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hostage situations[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]D E N T I S T S[/COLOR]

MISCELLANEOUS

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Romantic Interests: None, at the moment.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Allies: None, at the moment.[/COLOR]

Rivals: Excluding other competing confectionery shop owners, none, at the moment.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Enemies: None, at the moment.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Theme song[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]:[/COLOR]

Gonna finish this up after classes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love him! ...but @Vol

Whats with the tag? You wanted him to be a villain? Why didn't you? Shoot, is the CS topic of the sheet acting up? >.<

If it's a villain, I'd have to ask you use the proper CS before approving.

If it's a villain, I'd have to ask you use the proper CS before approving.

I love him! ...but @Vol

Whats with the tag? You wanted him to be a villain? Why didn't you? Shoot, is the CS topic of the sheet acting up? >.<

No, no! I actually had a villain before posting this character. I ended up making a good guy instead of a bad guy. The bad guy is in my drafts (Notepad). Sorry for the misunderstanding!

OH! Haha, I thought so, I was worried for a moment because a pal of mine also said he had trouble! 

Approved! I love him! Please post! ^ ^

Okay, but it needs an actual weakness. What nullifies the power?

Not quite yet @Minako It's weakness is a joke weakness. I'd like to have something tangable. Something that another power can use to counter it. For example, Lux's weakness is darkness.

Okay, but it needs an actual weakness. What nullifies the power?

Not quite yet @Minako It's weakness is a joke weakness. I'd like to have something tangable. Something that another power can use to counter it.

Should I make it specific that it can be countered by any sort of power....? It can be easily deflected and still can be destroyed by various of factors such as super strength, projectile or melee weaponry or elemental powers (specifically heat, than water and wind). 

It may be enhanced and reinforced, but its still candy.

Okay, I suppose that makes sense. I just wanted that stated for the record. If it's not like a hardlight structure, you're fine. Approved.

Okay, I suppose that makes sense. I just wanted that stated for the record. If it's not like a hardlight structure, you're fine. Approved.

raw

Thank you! 

OH! Haha, I thought so, I was worried for a moment because a pal of mine also said he had trouble! 

Approved! I love him! Please post! ^ ^

raw

I really appreciate your enthusiam for Alfie, seriously! I doubt I'll be able to post, since I have homework and assignments but I'll try. Also I have to make a post on the locations sections about his candystore.

@Vol

I just love your guys characters! Better than anything I could come up with! ^ ^

Of course, take your time, and please do add his candy shoppe! (Rosie will be your first in RP customer, I'll bet ;)  )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back