• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aki and Auds Daily Lives

(I'll go!)

It's been a full week since Akihito got his license to become a spirit warrior. It took a lot of paperwork, pointless chit chat, and sanitizing his armpits. But he finally had the right to go and fight Youmu. It would all be worth it.

Today would be his first day on the hunt, with his partner Audrey chance.

It was not a day Audrey was particularly looking forward to, however.

Thanks to her powers, she was able to see Youmu through her boyfriend, and, well, they weren't exactly the most appealing creatures to say the least. Fighting an infinite variety of monsters that could do an infinite variety of things to the average person (at least half of which involved maiming or killing them and the other half involving utter embarrassment or humiliation) wasn't Audrey's idea of a fun date. But she had vowed to stick by her boyfriend, and she was going to keep that promise.

She held Akihito's arm. "Where are we going?"

Akihito looked down at Audrey, sure the main dish of the date was not too appealing, but he would try to make the wait compensate for it.

"Where I usually go when I need to find something involving Youmu, Ayakas place."

He led Audrey to what seemed to be a cafe and studio for photographs. He had ye to Audrey the other reason he comes here when he's away, but he figured she would probably read his mind in the literal sense.

Audrey looked at the cafe, feeling a small hint of relief at something slightly familiar. "Which Youmu are we hunting, anyway? There's, like, a gazillion of them."

"No, we're starting off easy. Ai told me that she was saving us a special one for our first hunt."

Akihito walks in with Audrey. The old japanesy atmosphere gave off a nice homey feeling for him. And waiting for them was a Ayaka smoking some pipe. (You wanna do her or me?)

(You go ahead, I'm not great with her style of character)

Audrey cautiously waved to Akaya, smiling at the calming woman. "Hey, there."

"Ah Akihito, Audrey, pleasure to see you two. Here for your first youmu?"

Akihito nodded. "You could say that. Ai told me you were saving us an extra special one."

Ayaka nods and taps her pipe in the metal pipe. "And indeed I do. I'll go get it. Why don't you two have a seat while I get Ai and the Youmu."

And with that, she was gone. Akihito looked down to Audrey.

"So which table do you want?"

Instead of saying anything, Audrey plopped into a booth and sat as close to the wall as possible, waving for Akihito to come over.

Akihito waves back as he went to the wall table and took a seat next to Audrey. He then looked over the menu for drinks.

"So, what do you think it will be like? the Youmu I mean."

Audrey shrugs. "Maybe it'll be something small that you can just smash with your hand and be done with it. It's your first time and all."

"I'm sure it'll be fine..."

What appeared to be a small cat leapt onto the table and placed itself firmly in Audrey's lap. She giggled. "This is Ai, right? I think you told me about her...even transforming cats like me."

Audrey smiled and petted Ai, who seemed perfectly content to stay right there. "Damn, I love cats...did I ever tell you that? I can't get enough of them."

"I think I figured that on our first actual date."

He petted Ai. While Akihito found it strange to see Ai as a cat more ever since he brought Ai to his world, was happy to see that Ai was enjoying all of Audrey's attention. And it helped distract Audrey from his last letter from his mom.

"Soo do you want anything Audrey? Other than a cat."

"I dunno, I'll probably just have water or something. Or maybe iced tea, been too long since I've had that...wait, do they have soda?"

Audrey seemed pretty excited about that prospect. Her soda addiction got the best of her whenever it was available, despite Eve's protests.

"I don't think so. But the ice tea here is good too."

Akihito knew Ai probably had some stashed somewhere. But Akihito agreed with Eve's protests in secret and did his best to keep her and soda apart.

Audrey made a jokey pout. "Fine, iced tea it is, then--huh?"

Ai had just gotten off Audrey's lap. She came back a minute later in human form, carrying a Coca-Cola bottle.

She handed it over and turned to Akihito. "There's plenty of this stuff, don't worry."

Akihito looked up at Ai in disapproval of her enabling. But he only allowed it just this once since it was too late.

"I'll just have an Ice tea. And a Omurice."

Like usual Akihito likes his Omulettes filled with fried rice. While Audrey probably found it kind of weird to stuff rice in eggs, Akihito had a strange fondness for the dish. maybe because his mom would make it for him in her rare moments of normallity? who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back