• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Akame Ga Kill: A New Era

That was the last straw. She had been willing to give him leave, but the snake bit where it wasn't supposed to. Rowan shot up, slammed one fist on the table, and drew her sword. In a split second, before any could even stop her or knew what she was doing, the edge of her sword was at the snake's neck. The table cracked where she struck it, and a few pieces flaked off as she gritted her teeth and seethed.

"Hold your tongue, cretin! You have no claim as to the abilities of my men! Had the Emperor not stayed my hand, I'd have taken your head as a souvenir to send to your Revolutionary friends. I beseech you, my collar of patience frays thin, and I would doubt my liege would even shed a tear for the fly that buzzes too close to his glorious visage, so please, silence yourself before I silence you, permanently. You are a traitor and a liar to your kin, what is there to say you won't betray us as you did them?! A man who spits on his own blood cannot be trusted to not spit on his enemy's." She withdrew her sword from his neck, slashed the air, and sheathed it neatly at her side. Rowan gave another bow to Emperor Mathios, and brushed a hand across the crack on the mahogany table. She would have to watch her own strength in the future. Had she exerted just a little more force...

"My apologies, my liege," she uttered softly. She gathered her helmet and her knife from the table, and turned on her heel, her cape fluttering behind her as she strode towards the exit. "I have my...dogs," she spat out the word derisively, "deployed. Rest assured, I will not prove the words of that fox right." She turned the knob, opened the door, and paused.

"Our-- no, your leader is none of my concern. It is almost already confirmed that the majority of the votes would be the devourer herself." She offered a sneering snarl at the gathering, as if mocking their predictability. Their focus on licking the boots of Holdstatdt was so painfully clear. How they fawned over her, how she was the greatest, how she was the strongest. She could say she was envious, but that was not her job. She was supposed to be content with where she stood now. She was SUPPOSED to be content, gods damn it all. She suppressed the need to punch the door, drew in a deep breath, and continued. "Whoever it is, as obvious as it may be, remember, my leash is held by none but the Emperor, and I bite as hard as I bark." She exited the room, and shut the door behind her. Her footsteps clacked through the empty hallway as she departed from the scene.

-Hell Hath No Anger-

Captain Rowan of the Hounds of the Empire. That was who she was, who she was supposed to be, what she was supposed to act as. Leader of the Special Intelligence forces. She will NOT be looked down by a backstabbing snake, and she will NOT take any of Holdstadt's pride lying down.

She brought the sword down. The blade cut through the dummy cleanly, without resistance. The armor slid off, clanking upon the ground, while the rest of the dummy's body followed, landing with soft thumps on the floor. She turned slightly to face the shadows that had began to grow within the training grounds. Through the shade, a figure emerged, decked in full Imperial armor. She nodded to him.

"Go, spread the word to the Hounds within the operating region of where Sergeant Yuell mentioned about the rumor. Find them. Report back, ASAP." She directed the soldier who looked remarkably like the man who had been held up by his collar in the festivities earlier.

"Captain, I--"

"That is an order, Ross. Now go. As fast as your feet can carry you."

"Very well, sir." The soldier left the training grounds, leaving her with a halved dummy, gripping her sword. She gazed upwards to the darkening skies. Night was coming, and yet, she had no wish to retreat back to her quarters.

She propped up another dummy, and resumed training. She had to be stronger than she already was. She had to surpass all of them, without having to rely on her father's sword. It was imperative that she did so. There was no other way.

Anizin

Not flinching or doing anything really when Rowan drew her sword at him he just listened to her blab about how he had betrayed his comrades and couldn't be trusted. Not that it bothered him or he even cared he knew what he was doing whether anyone understood it or not he couldn't care less. After she had sheathed her sword and exiting while indicating that they all would undoubtedly vote for Rika he simply held back the chuckle and let it slip when she left. "Acting just as I expected" he thought while outwardly he had a completely surprised appearance. "Amazing how words can influence people isn't it" he thought again on the outside he was dusting himself off looking slightly offended and a little shaken. "You are quite easy to predict" finishing his thoughts he looked at the others. "Well we have the diva's answer anyone else want to throw a temper tantrum before making a silly exit like that" he asked making a jester like gesture towards the door while looking at the others. A few seconds of silence and he didn't wait or hesitate for anyone to speak he simply continued as he was saying. "Now I never said that we should vote on who'd be a leader I said his Highness should choose one. If you all want to vote for darling over there then go ahead, I will vote my own way" he stated "Sir I hope Rowan's small out burst won't affect our tea time later on" he added as he turned on his heel and looked back at the other members smiling. "I look forward to seeing what the outcome will be" he said and this time he bowed to Mathios before turning around and making his way down the palace hall. "Ah Rowan Rowan Rowan Rowan" he said her name four times just to make sure that slashing sound he heard was from her at the training grounds not to far down below. "Even here I can hear you attacks" he said now making his way down to the training room.

"You know Rowan I am honestly amazed you reacted so offensively I never meant any harm besides you can call me filth all you want the matter of fact stands your no different. Sure I am a traitor, but I'm sure you know of the horrendous things the Empire does as well but we all look over. After all this place is better the Revolutionists"
he stated casually as he saw the shadows disperse. "Anyway I simply came down here to let you know that I meant no offense it was a simple play on words" and on that note he turned around and began making his way up the stairs. "Phew talking to the diva took a lot more out of me than I thought" he said aloud.

@simj22

Rika suddenly found herself very popular, although the hound yet again leered at her from across the hall. She wondered what puppy she'd kicked in a past life to embitter the hound so, or more likely what stray dog she'd picked off from wherever she was, as whatever she'd been. Reincarnation was a funny thing, small cycles repeat and repeat. She turned to each of the two girls in her own time, stuffing her face full of an unusual amount of cakes and other sweets and savouries from around the table, occasionally reaching into her pockets for pinches of spices and other toppings to sprinkle on to each to expertly accentuate their flavours. Atleast to herself the flavours were perfect, she knew fairly well not so many enjoyed the obscene combination of spicy and sweet she so often employed. She turned back to Akiko and licked a small bit of frosting from her upper lip "The gift is a personal touch, who do you think put your name forward despite your 'official' military records? We are two of a kind, although I'm interested to see how well the story of The Phoenix and The Wolf pans out, aren't you?" She said, flashing a predatory smile for a moment before returning to her feast. Now as for the other, the one who had yet to introduce herself, it seemed manners were forsaken at this gathering along with military protocol.

"I am General Rika Holstatdt, I do not recall adressing you, you would do well to follow protocol and formally greet your superiors, do not worry, you are not the only one who is lucky I was the one to be misadressed." She stated bluntly, shooting a look towards the hound moments before they were interrupted by The Emperor, swiftly followed by the runt, or as the hound had so deliciously supplied the name, The Snake. It was fitting. They had a spat, the new Nightraids formation was announced, and then The Snake went trapsing off to ensure his preys metaphoric bleeding emotions didn't go untasted. With that Rika took a moment to collect herself, or rather, finish eating her cakes and a plate full of spiced meat in mere moments, and stood. "I entirely agree with Anizin's sentiment, although should he envenom his team-mates, nay, his superiors, like that again I will follow Rowan's sentiment in making an example of those who disrespect the basic principles of The Empire." Her eyes flashed dangerously across the table and a fierce aura of deathly seriousness was palpable in her body language and gaze "I hope, that I am understood." She voiced, the words heavy-laden with the hidden threat, accompanied by a significant raise of temperature in the room. She took a moment to bow to The Emperor as he made his excuses and left hurriedly, reaching into her pocket and unwrapping the packaging of a pink lollipop as she straightened.

"Now on the matter of a leader, I think the choice is obvious." She teased, before becoming once again deadly serious. "The Hound, Rowan. Her Teigu is most practical for the task we are to undertake, her resources bountiful, and her military record impeccable. Were there any other general or captain amongst us here I would still place the fate of this cell in her hands. I will dedicate all of my strength and manpower to crush the rebellion, and personally bring about the end of this new Nightraid before it can begin. I am counting on each of you to do the same, we are both the last line of defense and the strongest means of attack." She paused for a moment and began to work towards the exit, popping the lollipop into her maw "Who better to lead us then The Empires most loyal Attack Dog? I expect the rest of you to formally decide and submit the appropriate paperwork by the end of the night, I shall take post as chief of training with assistance from The Hound regardless, I assume you all have no quarrel with that arrangement atleast." She finished, making her dramatic exit with a slamming of the doors, before peaking back in. "Akiko, I expect you at the Parade Grounds tomorrow at daybreak for a demonstration of your combat abilities." She ordered before slipping back out, heading towards The Snake before he shed his skin and slipped out of The Hounds reach, or otherwise got caught in her gnashing maw. Despite her Apathatic approach to life, sometimes politics managed to excite the predator within her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco looked at Masaki and nodded, walking over to the comically high stack of books from earlier and then, in a Jenga style of selection took a single book from the stack which happened to be a navy blue coloration and picked it out, the quikc and precise action making the stack reassign and form as a solid stack once again without the trouble or threatening to fall as Marco turned through the pages of the Hardcover, his pale eyes whisking over the pages until it reached a single bookmarked page with a small multicolored feather lye. Marco picked up the feather and rest the Navy Blue book, titled almost ironically 'Keys to Pacification' as Marco held the feather before him and uttered a single word.

"Aria." he spoke clearly yet fluidly, as if his voice was trying to soothe the inanimate object in front of him as a blue and blisteringly blinding light came forth and showered the object to in a white cloud while it transformed and turned into a navy blue spear, the tips of which formed perfectly as Marco held it and turned to a ceramic pot on the table in front of him while he gave a single exhale, raising the spear and then giving and inhale as it seemed the flow of air in the room went completely still before he, in a flash, flicked his spear from across the room and the ceramic pot was cut in half with great precision

"The wind is mine for controlling with Aria. Ta-da." .

Kirigiri looked up as the introductions started when the other members came in the building, it was clean enough at the moment for her not to obsessively cleaning it, "My names Kirigiri," She started to say as the man with the scar came back again, remembering him when she first went inside the building of Night Raid, looking at the other three, so the fifth one is on other business huh, She thought to herself as he started to continue. We are going to live here, that isn't so bad, she thought to herself once the man with a scar started to talk about what was here in the base and new home.

She would look up again as the male who first introduced himself as Masaki spoke up asking about their Teigu's. It was fine with her and was a good idea, if not basic, lifting up her case that held Final Symphony and placing it on the table. She started to watch Marco, who would start to 'demonstrate' his own Teigu apparently named Aria. Kirigiri looked over at the pot as she leaned over to clean up the small leftover specks of the pot that fell apart into two, the small dust from the pot annoying her. She then started to open the case, her gloves still on her to prevent cutting her own hands from the strings of the bow and the violin. "This would be Final Symphony, basically negates the first imperial arms user that is using their Teigu, that hears the music it plays," She started before she added soon after, "also the strings are rather sharp although they cant cut through everything." Kirigiri rather hoped that this explanation was enough and she wouldn't have to have a demonstration. She then noticed that Misaki hadn't showed his own yet, "How about yours then?" She questioned him, after all he did ask them for their own.​

Beau observed the person with a stack of books as he demonstrated his Teigu. The power to control wind with a spear? And where did the spear come from? Whatever, he shifted his attention to the girl named Kirigiri, who he noticed had a violin case. Beau jumped to the conclusion that that was her Teigu, and his suspicion was correct. That Imperial Arms would be of great use against the stronger soldiers of the Empire that also had Teigu. Beau took his lollipop from his pocket.

"This is my Teigu." He said. The lollipop had a covering that was white and pink. "I'd rather not demonstrate it, but basically, I turn into my alter ego, and gain better combat prowess. I kind of go crazy when I use it to, so I save it for real fights." He explained. Beau would rather not turn into a psycho maniac killer in front of his comrades who he just recently met. It would leave a bad impression. He stuffed the lollipop back in his pocket. The sad thing about the Teigu was, that he couldn't just eat the lollipop for fun, he always had to turn into Malades. The lollipop had the sweetest taste he'd ever tasted, and he had to keep a steady will just to not eat it. Kirigiri asked what Masaki's Teigu was. It was surely his blade, but what exactly did it do. Beau looked at the kid with the books.

"What's your name?" Beau wasn't sure if he introduced himself and he missed it, and wanted to be clear on what the kid's name was.

"Marco." the imperial Arms user almost whispered, turning to Beaureguard as he met the other man and took a step forward, eyes glistening in pale lack of expression he stood before the other male for a total of about five seconds, simply staring at him before he reached up a hand and gave a small, rare smile as he extended the offer. The wordless action was of course common for Marco, one who completely gave disregard to introduction about himself and simply did the task at hand due to his amazing ability to disregard social gestures common to many.

With his hand still extended Marco was slightly curious about the person before him and his Imperial Arm. He considered in the moments after Beureuard introduced his abilities of how unique the Imperial Arm was, unique yet in his mind, he held a slight low opinion of it and it's properties which Beureguard seemed to list. Considering it in the long run the Arm was practical in the form of how it would help a person's physical capabilities, which, at first crossed as practical, yet the additional detail of 'alter ego' seemed very daunting to Marco. It meant that he would take a personality different then his own, and, as Marco could've guess that form was probably very contrasting to Beureguard's current disposition, mots likely reckless, arrogant which would arise for problems in battle concerning stealth and teamwork. It would spell trouble for the well being of the Night raid as a unit.

As for the Girl, Kirigiri, she appeared as a complete level headed character. Her nature being that of one who took things on a regular basis she seemed astute and high maintenance in a way which meant she'd be a very smart character of great use to the team as a whole, her disposition however spelled that she was probably out of her high maintenance personality had personal issues which arose either making her stuck-up or a perfectionist, if in a worst case scenario both, which had its obvious pros and cons Marco didn't care to list while her Imperial Arm Final Symphony was one of great use for Imperial Arms battles, but due to its only use of attack against a person's regular abilities being its strings, her position would probably be that of someone on the sidelines, someone important to protect in order to function which Marco didn't criticize, but merely note.

But he wouldn't tell them any of that, he just gave his small smile and outreached his hand.

Beauregarde shook Marco's hand. "Nice name." He complimented.

Beau knew about the debilitating weakness of his Imperial Arms, and was trying to get it under control, as well as come up with new ways to fight that didn't rely on his Teigu. Since he was in Night Raid now, he had to develop some sort of fighting ability or learn to wield some weapon that he could use in times that required communication between his comrades. His Teigu was always more of a last resort. Before this, he had only used it to escape dangerous situations like being mugged on the street or something of that nature.

Beau wondered about what weapon he should take up learning. It seemed easier and faster to learn how to use a weapon than a certain fighting style or technique. A gun was the first thing to cross his mind. It was simple enough. He also thought of a sword, however that sounded too hard to learn. Maybe a blunt weapon like a staff or a hammer. A staff would be doable, but a hammer would weigh him down too much. Then he started to think about weapons that would synergize better with the team. A girl who can disarm Teigu users, a boy who can control wind with a spear, and Masaki, a guy with a sword. While he lacked the physical capabilities in endurance, strength, and defense, he could run pretty quickly. Lighter, deadlier weapons like knives, needles, and daggers came to mind. He smiled, he would definitely start using one of them as weapons.

"My Teigu?" He asked as Kirigiri requested Masaki shows them what his could do, he wrapped his left hand around Kyūketsuki' hilt as he slowly unsheathed the blade, the white patterns that went up the blade weren't glowing at the blade hadn't tasted blood, nor was it in use, so it really just looked quite ordinary. "My Imperial Arms, Kyūketsuki, the vampiric blade, if I give you a simple explanation... Is pretty much a soul gem, except with the forces of life and not a soul. When it cuts anything living it absorbs it's life force and gets stronger with each cut it inflicts, it can also concentrate the energy stored to fire beams of scorching light, crimson in colour." With that Masaki sheathed the blade as he then added "I can't actually show you it's abilities as it hasn't had any life force to power it, and any energy that was stored has recently been used up, and I don't really want to harm anyone here in order to show you it's power.. So I apologise."

Masaki the began to take a mental note of everyone elses Teigu, he was intrigued. There was a person who could negate other Imperial Arms, someone who could change form and someone who could control the wind.. He was just curious as to what the other members Imperial Arms was, but as the scarred man said. He's currently on business.. 'Business'. Masaki then said with a kind tone "Well... I'll probably be spending most of my time in the training halls.. Just a warning. But, If anyone needs help with anything never hesitate to call me, I love helping comrades." He then went over to a window and looked out of it, the sky was getting dark, which meant he would be able to operate, what perfect timing! He then turned to everyone with a smile and said, "Oh yeah I almost forgot, my Imperial Arms is stronger under the cover of night"

-----------------------------------------------

Mathios sighed when Rowan planted her fist into the table, causing it to crack, when she left the room after saying that her hounds were already on the case, which pleased Mathios greatly, he turned to Anizen and said, "In future, I'd refrain from angering Rowan again, next time she might not plant her fist into a table, but in your face. Which wouldn't bode well as having broken teeth aren't actually in trend." Authority beamed through his voice as he spoke, he then turned his head next to him to see Rika, and next to the her sat Akiko(I think? xD ), Mathios smiled at them as he said, "Well in that case Rika will be the leader of this unit, since everyone seems to like her so much. Which pleases me. She is a capable leader with a lot of military power behind her, however don't annoy her. The Devourer doesn't care who you are she will eat you regardless. Now, with that being said I conclude this meeting. Rika, I have recently built a new building west of my palace, that is where you guys will meet for important situations and train and all that lovely stuff. There are even rooms there too, first class of course, I can't have you guys living like a commoner can I?"

With that he got up and began to walk up the steps to sit on his throne as the maids flooded in the room again to begin cleaning up the table, "I give you all my best wishes as I know this task would be difficult... But I know you guys can handle it, each of you will have my backing. If you need anything do not hesitate to ask, for I will do my best to ensure you get it.. Within good reason of course, oh and Rika, make sure Rowan has calmed down, yes? Oh and I leave the task of naming the group to you, have fun!" With that he then began to read a book as the meeting was finally over, before he remembered something. "oh and finally... Show no mercy"

Last edited by a moderator:
"My name is Annabelle Crystallia, Flash Princess also known as Wrath's Right Hand." She stated standing slowly, her dark blue hair falling over her one exposed eye. "Forgive me... I... need to get some fresh air." She saluted her commander and her superiors at the table before turning away. She hid her face, feeling as if her dishonor was bearing down on her like a weighted cloak. Leaving the room she bit her lip, blood beginning to trickle down her lip. "Damn it... I just wanted to train with her but now... she will think of me as a fool." She walked down the steps and slammed her fist into a stone wall leaving a bloody fist mark and nothing more.

Still upset with herself she walked by a light pole, partially unsheathed her weapon and then resheathed it. As she did so the light winked out as if the wires had been cut by an unseen force. It wasn't until then that she heard sword strikes coming from the training area. Ignoring them she instead jumped up onto the stone bridge and sat cross legged facing the water, her head still bowed, her eyes closed, and her sqord out in front of her. "Rin Pyo To Sha Ka Jin Retsu Zai Zen." She continued reciting this over and over again, her words almost blending together as she tried to rid herself of her dishonor in some way.

This wasnt how she wanted this to be. She wanted someone stronger then her to teach her how to better wield her weapon but unless she got her head out of her ass how would she be able to? Honestly she respected Rowan a lot more after hearing her talk and if she had met her before then she would have asked her to train her instead. She wondered if it was still to late to meet with her but before any ofnthat could occur she would say this mantra 108 times even if it killed her.

Akiko Fujimoto - Imperial Palace, Throne Room

Evening

Throughout the events of the meeting, Akiko was inexplicably silent. Politics had never really been her thing, and she'd always come to meetings like this with an expectation for things to go at least a little sour, but this... Well, it was more than a tad bit disappointing. She was in the center of the Empire, she'd traveled for days to arrive here, and she was in the direct pressence of the Emperor himself. Yet, those around her still squabbled like schoolchildren. This 'Anizin' fellow was throwing around provocations like a schoolyard bully trying to get his prey to throw the first punch. A goal that he would OH SO GLORIOUSLY achieve, as Rowan whipped out her sword right in front of the Emperor, and pointed it at his throat. If she didn't know better, she would have mistaken the two for rebels with all the discord they were letting off.

And, to make things worse, not a single person was doing a thing to stop them! That strange woman was just sitting there watching things go down, and even Rika was just sitting there looking amused! Even after the 'conversation' if you could even call it that, had subsided, she went out of her way to provoke them again! Now, she respected the woman and all, but she'd been expecting better from the top General of the Empire for pity's sake. It took all her willpower to stop herself from giving them a piece of her mind while they filed out of the room. In the end of it all, the only person who hadn't gone and played piss-fight was this 'Annabelle Crystallia' who'd taken an interest in the General, and even she had just sat there, lips sealed as tightly as Akiko's own.

After the last person had left the room, Akiko let out a long sigh, sinking into her chair.

This was a problem. Even she could see this was a problem. At least, playing the lower rank, one grew used to following orders, but... The Emperor had gathered together at least three leaders, and expected to have them work together.

"They're all just going to undermine eachother..."

It was obvious from the exchange earlier that they needed a leader... But... Neither Rowan nor Anizin was going to play nice if they didn't come to an agreement, a real agreement, on who would take the charge. A haphazard choice like Rowan had just made was only going to cave in down the road. Hell, even Rika's choice was one made without deliberation.

"So we're going to need the three of them to agree on it..."

"Damn it, I'm not cut out for this planning business." She grumbled, heaping as much of the leftover-banquet she could onto her plate and making her way towards the new wing of the palace, deciding to think on things more in the morning.

Kirigiri gave a small nod as the other two males started to explain their Teigu's, so a vampire in a form a blade and a lollipop that seemed to help the other male's combat abilities. "Understood," She said as she started to get up herself, "I will take my leave as well, I better start taking time to explore the area," She stated, saying goodbye to the other members of Night Raid. Due to her neat-freak nature, she was probably going to clean as she explores, as she got up from her sitting position. Giving a small wave to the other members that were present at the meeting.

She made her way to the kitchen in the Night Raid headquarters, she looked at the cabinet, clearing out some of the cobwebs in the corner and the dust on the bottom of it,. "Much Better." She said to nobody in particular. Kirigiri then looked at the food that they had stocked for them as a start, she didn't know how to cook herself, heck she didn't even know what half of these ingredients were although she bet most of them were common. She sighed as she started to close the cabinet that she opened. She started to go sit on a wooden stool, the opposite side from where she was standing before when she opened the wooden cabinet. Looking at the roof of the building, so this is where I am going to be living and those were the people I will be living with for a while huh... She thought to herself, the realization finally hitting her, she had thought about but the actual reality of it catching up to her, placing her gloved hands in her lap as she was going to sit there for a short while.​

Deciding that she was done she decided to head back, her sword hidden on her side. She hoped she would run into her commander but for now she would make due with going to their new area to sleep. She was growing tired and her sudden dislike for her dishonor was starting to annoy her. If only she could redeem me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back