• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom AiTaS - OOC

Other
Here
Welcome, guys! Glad to have you on board for now.
Before we get into things, I just want to make sure that you've read all of the interest check's information! This is a bit of an out-there concept, and I want everyone to be fully informed. Along with that, let me know about any initial questions involving the premise!

Oh! And to get some discussion started, why doesn’t everyone talk about their favorite DW-related item? That means one of your favorite monsters, characters, adventures, etc.

Awesome! Yeah, I've read through it all, and I really like the idea! I don't really have questions as of yet!

It's tough to choose just one, but I'll say that my favorite episode is probably Midnight, just cause it still creeps me out to this day!

Awesome! Yeah, I've read through it all, and I really like the idea! I don't really have questions as of yet!

It's tough to choose just one, but I'll say that my favorite episode is probably Midnight, just cause it still creeps me out to this day!
Great, glad for the confirmation! And I do agree with Midnight, I love the creepier episodes from that season especially.

Yes! They're really so good! I mean, speaking of frightening episodes from season 4, Waters of Mars also scared the hell out of me as a kid. There's just something so sinister about the creatures from that episode! Honestly, I feel like any of the monsters that take over people are inherently very creepy.

Initial Set-Up for Season One
The Flood terrified me as a child because of the simple but effective weird black cracked effect on the mouths, it bothered me so deeply as well.

Oh also! Along with some fun conversation, we should do a bit of business regarding the story! Since we're starting from 0 on our own season, we need to establish some things;
First: I think it'd be fun to make the "modern" earth episodes for the early season in the 60s-70s-80s like the Classic DW series' so we could have some fun period set dressing.
Second: This first season is going to be a big swing in hopefully the right direction, and I want to make sure it's endearing towards you players. Because of that, I'll be introducing a mix of custom and canon ideas early on and seeing what sticks. But even still, I would love to know what elements of DW or similar shows in general you like so I can try and incorporate them here and there.
Third: We should start building our opening scenario, and establish the very first pieces of lore: are any of you players going to be aliens for your (possibly first) characters?

Last edited:
Oooh yeah, I love the idea of setting 'modern' episodes in the past, I am totally on board with that! For the second point, I really like the wackiness of DW. So often it's a fun adventure with weird aliens that just makes you laugh- so I'd love to keep that similar. But also, like we mentioned, the creepy episodes are really good as well, so I think having a balance of both would be nice: sometimes more lighthearted, sometimes darker.

For the third thing, I'll admit, I like the idea of playing a time lord. The core ideas of the time lords just appeal to me a lot, with the whole regeneration and time travel and all! Idk, just feels like it'd be a lot of fun! Since you said we can change stuff around, I feel like we can go a lot of different ways if we want to differentiate things from the show too, adding our own details and flair to it all!

Oooh yeah, I love the idea of setting 'modern' episodes in the past, I am totally on board with that! For the second point, I really like the wackiness of DW. So often it's a fun adventure with weird aliens that just makes you laugh- so I'd love to keep that similar. But also, like we mentioned, the creepy episodes are really good as well, so I think having a balance of both would be nice: sometimes more lighthearted, sometimes darker.

For the third thing, I'll admit, I like the idea of playing a time lord. The core ideas of the time lords just appeal to me a lot, with the whole regeneration and time travel and all! Idk, just feels like it'd be a lot of fun! Since you said we can change stuff around, I feel like we can go a lot of different ways if we want to differentiate things from the show too, adding our own details and flair to it all!
Those ideas are noted! While we see what are other players, Noivian Noivian and Fwunki Fwunki have a say for, I was wondering if someone was interested in the Time Lords. Yep, like I said, Time Lords will not have to conform to the way they are portrayed in DW if a character is indeed one; their culture could be different, and you might mention items from this culture during the various adventures.

Now a big thing that I want to subtly repeat from the Interest Check is that, while you can be a Time Lord (and so can other players), you won't be getting any special treatment as a main character or anything! Everyone gets a spot on the stage and all that. There can certainly be focuses on it, but regeneration won't always be a lifeline in certain circumstances. Otherwise, I'd love to work with you on the backstory of one such alien!

Yep! 100%, everyone should have an equal part in the story! I wouldn't want to take up the spotlight or anything like that! And as for the regeneration, I'm just intrigued by the idea that you can essentially have a new character who is technically the same as your old one, but is still different in fundamental ways, when the old one dies. I wouldn't be using it as a crutch or loophole, but more as an exploration of how characters change and a fun interaction in the story!

Hiya!!

My favorite part of DW was always the Time Lord lore and all the interesting histories of all the cool aliens they had! In all honesty, I quite often skipped over the episodes that went back in history, just because I never found it terribly interesting, especially if they're only going back like a hundred years or less. The 1900-1999 time period never interested me a lot.

As for my character, I'm not entirely sure what to play yet! I have a bunch of characters I could use, but none of them really fit the scope of the universe? In that quite literally the one character I'd love to play the most comes from outside the multiverse as a whole. They're more of a Doctor-adjacent character, but on a much larger scale. So I probably won't be using them. Otherwise, I'm entirely at a loss. I might just have to play a companion character, someone picked up off the streets and put into these fantastical scenarios.

Hiya!!

My favorite part of DW was always the Time Lord lore and all the interesting histories of all the cool aliens they had! In all honesty, I quite often skipped over the episodes that went back in history, just because I never found it terribly interesting, especially if they're only going back like a hundred years or less. The 1900-1999 time period never interested me a lot.

As for my character, I'm not entirely sure what to play yet! I have a bunch of characters I could use, but none of them really fit the scope of the universe? In that quite literally the one character I'd love to play the most comes from outside the multiverse as a whole. They're more of a Doctor-adjacent character, but on a much larger scale. So I probably won't be using them. Otherwise, I'm entirely at a loss. I might just have to play a companion character, someone picked up off the streets and put into these fantastical scenarios.
Interesting! That kind of character will definitely work for this sort of “first season”, since a theme I want to have is being “Lost in Time and Space”, meaning the players (despite being human or alien) won’t have much idea of the planets or times they land on.

If you need some inspiration for a character, looking at character traits from the associated rpg might help; I’ve linked it on the interest checks third tab.

We’re also thinking of starting the story around the 60s, but that can easily be changed. If you want, we could actually shape it to another time period based on this fish out of water character, but we’ll have to see after they have more a structure

Interesting! That kind of character will definitely work for this sort of “first season”, since a theme I want to have is being “Lost in Time and Space”, meaning the players (despite being human or alien) won’t have much idea of the planets or times they land on.

If you need some inspiration for a character, looking at character traits from the associated rpg might help; I’ve linked it on the interest checks third tab.

We’re also thinking of starting the story around the 60s, but that can easily be changed. If you want, we could actually shape it to another time period based on this fish out of water character, but we’ll have to see after they have more a structure

When you say "that kind of character" do you mean my Doctor-adjacent or the random civilian?

When you say "that kind of character" do you mean my Doctor-adjacent or the random civilian?
The random civilian, sorry for not clarifying. But it’s up to you in the end. If you need any help deciding on characteristics for either idea, let me know and I can help all I can

So our scenario is starting to clear up for this pilot season! So far, it seems like we’ll have one alien and one earthling, both out and adventuring. Fwunki’s character will round out our initial cast, but I’m liking this dynamic so far.

A large part of this pilot series of adventures will be the fact that none of the characters are incredibly well versed in where they end up, as to world-build more efficiently (so players don’t have to spout out exposition for brand new concepts they don’t know).

For the two of you that have the their species at least somewhat figured out, try now thinking about background and personality. If you’d like, backgrounds can be very vague so that adventures can build on them over time, or you can write it all up now and here.

Those ideas are noted! While we see what are other players, Noivian Noivian and Fwunki Fwunki have a say for, I was wondering if someone was interested in the Time Lords. Yep, like I said, Time Lords will not have to conform to the way they are portrayed in DW if a character is indeed one; their culture could be different, and you might mention items from this culture during the various adventures.

Now a big thing that I want to subtly repeat from the Interest Check is that, while you can be a Time Lord (and so can other players), you won't be getting any special treatment as a main character or anything! Everyone gets a spot on the stage and all that. There can certainly be focuses on it, but regeneration won't always be a lifeline in certain circumstances. Otherwise, I'd love to work with you on the backstory of one such alien!
Sorry for the late replies! Been pretty busy for the past few days. Though I definetly loved "The Empty Child ; freaked me OUT when I first watched it. While I love fantastical elements, I especially love when shit is terrifying in dr who.

Also for character ideas, i was thinking of an alien OC, though I don't have any definitive ideas yet :)

Sorry for the late replies! Been pretty busy for the past few days. Though I definetly loved "The Empty Child ; freaked me OUT when I first watched it. While I love fantastical elements, I especially love when shit is terrifying in dr who.

Also for character ideas, i was thinking of an alien OC, though I don't have any definitive ideas yet :)
No worries, glad we got your perspective!

Funnily enough, my idea for a first episode is kind of coming together, at least for the opening scenario. Aliens can be fun, and remember that you can create any species you'd like since at this point in our canon, the universe is empty until we touch it.

If anyone needs any help crafting a character, you can ask me here or in a DM and I'll gladly give any input!

So it seems like everyone’s got a good idea for their character so far; an unsuspecting Time Lore (minus all canon lore), an alien, and a fish out of water citizen. This dynamic seems fun! I’ve got the idea for our opening episode pretty sound, but it’ll really be determined by a few undetermined variables.

For instance, there’s one major thing: you will all still be utilizing a TARDIS, but not the TARDIS. Having a Time Lord could explain its existence, or it couldn’t, if we decide that Time Lords didn’t invent the machine and it came from somewhere else. I had the idea that we could start in the era of Noivian Noivian s civilian character to get the mystery aspect, before falling into the run of adventure. Thoughts?

I like all those ideas! So far, I am thinking that my character would have a TARDIS, so that could explain it being there, but if the others want to go the other way, I'm totally open to that as well!

A little bit of a question for everyone: If we can get this going (as I'm working on a CS at the moment!), I'm going to be mixing in original ideas with official episodes but with different scenarios. One of the biggest things I'm wondering: how do we feel about the re-occurring enemies and creatures associated with DW?
There are two options I'm thinking on:
  1. I keep some of the major villains from the series in certain scenarios that work well.
  2. I have the introduction episodes for these villains, but they will only be seen again (as well as other popular scenarios and/or enemies) if you all players enjoy them.
Thoughts?

I think a bit of both would be cool! Maybe something like having the introduction episodes be the scenarios they work well in, and if we all like it and want to include more of them, then also using the villains in other situations! Honestly, I love the idea of mixing up some of the canon stuff with original ideas, so stuff like taking a certain villain and putting them into an original scenario (or vice versa) sounds super fun to me!

Happy holidays, everyone! I’ve been a bit busy with holiday things, but I’m aiming to get our first (very basic) CS up tomorrow if not tonight.

I do want to ask because they haven’t responded in a while (though in hindsight, they may also be engaged with holiday affairs), Noivian Noivian and Fwunki Fwunki , you two still around? You don’t have to add anything to discussion if you are busy, but just some acknowledgment would be helpful!

I sadly must inform everyone that Fwunki will be leaving us due to other responsibilities. No worries, though! A story with only two people still works for the moment.

I myself have been dealing with a specific thing that I’d rather not disclose, hence the CS not being up yet. I have the basic outline of it finished, and I may just release it without any fancy bbcode if that’s fine with you two.

Oh! Sad to see them leave, but like you said, doing this with two of us will still work! Hope everything is alright with you, and I’m totally okay for you to post it without any fancy coding! Do whatever’s easiest for you!

I mean, I could just drop in unannounced with a now-burnt-out vortex manipulator, phase through both the TARDIS console and both floors before solidifying on the very bottom with a pained but grateful "I'm okay" just in time for the TARDIS console to spark up as it lurches horizontally, throwing/rolling all of us against the same side. "Nice TARDIS; can we not crash a second ship?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back