Airships?

So, like, what happened to Airships?

I was going to post how my circle had found a first age airship and went on a scavenger hunt (In the Scavenger lands, no less!  I kill me!) for parts and pieces and crew members, one of whom turned out to be a ghost which led to the circle bargaining rather cheaply with the Fair Folk for one of the Soul Eaten for him to possess.

Sadly, those are all of the details I can remember.  Your thrice-damned thread has digressed so painfully that I can't remember any of what I was going to say.

Looking at this, anyone who wants to give their players an airship can use the following list of stuff that is broken on it.  Some was taken from a VERY venerable and great game called Talislanta.

Levitational (keeps the ship in the air and from rolling over; very fragile)

Wind Accumulator (stores wind to use when none is prevalent)

Starmetal Quad Rutter (maneuvers airship like missile)

Once that's done, it would be easy to say that there is a mast on the bottom.  The flagship they found was basically 3 galleons with the bottoms cut off put together creating a triangular sail scheme.  In any case, they couldn't just land the thing.  They had a gondola and lift, but for bulk stuff, they had to dock at special towers.  Great Forks built one for them and they had one added to their offices in Nexus.

Yeah, I know the thread derailed and burst into flames but it's ok. I really like these ideas, I shall add them to my considerable fleet I've already written up.

Anyone ever seen the HMS Victory? I made that bad boy into a class of ship for the Realm, the first Airship of the Line. It's rather badass.

All the ship names in Andromeda would make great Alchemical names, and since they're AIs with avatars, it makes sense that a 8+ essence alchem could be a massive airship.

See? I'm tying the jack into the original thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back