• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Agent of Maniacles OOC and Characters

I really didn't have dice in mind when I made the rp...
I understand and respect that, I just personally find it a bit unfair and close to godmodding when actions can be taken, either by DM or other players, where the receiver has no choice but to go along with the situation they had little say in. An example would be the bitch-slapathon that occurred when King was offline. When people are offline, they can't do squat, so these auto-hits can take them out of the equation and the game.
Y'all are awesome (And King, I've noticed in our pissing contests for most messed up characters that our difference is that I have limits to my depravity that I am scared to cross)

I understand and respect that, I just personally find it a bit unfair and close to godmodding when actions can be taken, either by DM or other players, where the receiver has no choice but to go along with the situation they had little say in. An example would be the bitch-slapathon that occurred when King was offline. When people are offline, they can't do squat, so these auto-hits can take them out of the equation and the game.
Y'all are awesome (And King, I've noticed in our pissing contests for most messed up characters that our difference is that I have limits to my depravity that I am scared to cross)
Maybe we could use it sometimes but I wouldn't want to do it for everything. Like first off no point system and I don't like the idea of always having to wait for a dice roll but if for example we are fighting a major NPC or boss fight or two players work it out between each other it might come in handy.

Sounds good to me, I was just thinking like inflicting injuries that take them out of the game. Can't participate if you're in a coma caused by getting judo-kicked off a skyscraper while you're AFK, know what I mean?

Also people aren't supposed to auto-hit, but type out attacks and make it seem like it will hit, but then the other player will have to figure out how the character avoids taking damage. For GMs and boss fights we might still do it to further the plot, but players seem to do a lot of auto-hitting outside of that.

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Hahahaha. I don't think I'm so bad.

Well, I don't know. It is a different kind of bad. I love really high levels of psychological pressure, deep suffering, but usually my approach with it is that I try and offset it with really dark humor or zany snippits before or after.

I think we how write is reflective of how we perceive the world somewhat. Probably sounds somewhat deep or pretentious, but I really feel that way, like it comes through. So even in the worst times I find the world to be a generally absurd place. So it comes through. It's why I like doing the hard stuff like Andras or the execution part, but having the strangeness of Marty or Vampira's stupidness. My perception of the world is one of....

Oh evil exists

But a lot of people are just bums, fuck ups, losers, and trying to survive.

Now the game is in Exzalia's hands. And that's whole other different perception. The man is cruel.

Oh Fizzy beating the Vlad was something I asked Marc like many days ago.

I don't really auto hit without permission
I couldn't have known that, I was just using that as an example of something that occurred while the receiver was AFK. I took issue with the Sam getting knocked out of the air, but this is something that would generally apply anyway. Can't respond to something that happened when you were offline and time moved on before you even can respond

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Hahahaha. I don't think I'm so bad.

Well, I don't know. It is a different kind of bad. I love really high levels of psychological pressure, deep suffering, but usually my approach with it is that I try and offset it with really dark humor or zany snippits before or after.

I think we how write is reflective of how we perceive the world somewhat. Probably sounds somewhat deep or pretentious, but I really feel that way, like it comes through. So even in the worst times I find the world to be a generally absurd place. So it comes through. It's why I like doing the hard stuff like Andras or the execution part, but having the strangeness of Marty or Vampira's stupidness. My perception of the world is one of....

Oh evil exists

But a lot of people are just bums, fuck ups, losers, and trying to survive.

Now the game is in Exzalia's hands. And that's whole other different perception. The man is cruel.
I really wanna introduce you to Jathan, Syl, Triana, and the lamia tribe structure I came up with. I feel like you'd get a kick out of that

Hmmm

Well, if you want your own arc...or anything or subplot. Maybe you could make use of it here. I'd love to see it.
Two half-dragons, a witch, and snake women. We're talking different universes, I was just saying I thought you might get a kick out of that, since we seem to share an affinity for messed up characters.

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Fair point, and the scene was gonna play differently, but I gotta adapt to gameplay
Wasn't gonna say, hey I'm gonna kick the vampire's ass before doing it, sorta kills the mood.
But trust me, I at least ask the bosses what can I do and if I can do it

So Exzalia's arc will be soMEthing different I guess.
The games that I at least played from him used to be in a high dark fantasy setting.
This game is more a mix of urban fantasy with some cyberpunk elemets

So Exzalia's arc will be soMEthing different I guess.
The games that I at least played from him used to be in a high dark fantasy setting.
This game is more a mix of urban fantasy with some cyberpunk elemets

It's a very playground type game so far. THROW IT TO THE WALL AND SEE IF IT STICKS

So given we're into the sandlands, a dreamscape outside and in between reality

How much fucked up things can we throw or bet thrown in here?

So given we're into the sandlands, a dreamscape outside and in between reality

How much fucked up things can we throw or bet thrown in here?

Well, old gods for one. So that's already a doozy. Like Helios over Apollo. Maybe even primitive Gods. Creation itself.

Saving the lost
The Sand lands

1568573013099.png

Welcome to Mianicles chapter five Saving the lost run by yours truly. This arc will take you into the land of lost memories where you will be attempting to repair Owls shattered mind. But while owl is central to the plot, it isn’t all about her.

All of your minds will be connected as your characters travel into this realm held together by mental magic. As a consequence the environment of this land will resemble dark and hidden memories from your charters pasts. To reach Owls memories each of you will have to opportunity to have your characters and the party relive the most defining memories of your characters histories. I will be designing the landscapes based off the memories owl has stolen from each of you but if there is a memory you want visited during this arc feel free to Pm me.

While these places are just memories it will feel real to your chars and they’re will be terrible psychological consequences to dying in the memory world. I want you guys to get really creative with this arc. All of your characters will help form the story and landscapes for this arc and all are just as important as Owl.

Now as regards to combat I’m going to be using a simplified combat system from my own rpg to help keep things orginized

Combat

I the GM will create enemies for you to battle, I will post their actions in the story. If I don’t post them physically hitting your characters with their attacks you will have to opportunity to post counter attacks evades, blocks ect. Whether they auto hit your chars or not is up to me I’ll base my decision off the strength and speed of the enemies relative to your characters. Now in my own rpg we had stats that helped guide this, we don’t have stats here and that’s okay we’re more casual here and will play by ear.

You the players like wise will post your chars launching attacks against the enemy, I will decide whether your attacks connect, how much damage they do ect. You can post your character attacking multiple small attacks in one post, or one big attack per post.

All characters will have health bars starting at 100 hp, if your chars health drops to zero he will be combat ineffective. You can still post them watching the battle talking ect…but they can’t fight.

Boss Enemies will also have hp, reduce it to zero and you win.

How do you know how much damage you’ve done to the enemy and how much you have taken? Simple. After I post the enemies actions in the story thread, and you post your counter actions, I’ll post the results in the discussion thread, then make another action post in the story thread rinse and repeat. That way you’ll know exactly how well you are doing and how close the enemy is to being defeated.

I will also be handing out rewards for battles won like items and experience points. Each character will have need 100 points to level up once each time you level up you get to give your chars a new ability. Pls Pm me the abilities beforehand. If you are unhappy with how combat is going with your char please pm me, I promise you I will be as fair as possible.

Now to start I think you guys deserve some points, so everyone gets a free level up, pm me you new abilities asap.

Any questions?

Kinggunlucky Kinggunlucky

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

TheAdept TheAdept

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Freikugel Freikugel

mmarage mmarage

Last edited:
ALRIGHT! Hype as fuck! Let's get some experience! But I've got a question. Would the experience and upgrades travel from Joe clone to Joe Clone?

Saving the lost
The Sand lands

View attachment 626650

Welcome to Mianicles chapter five Saving the lost run by yours truly. This arc will take you into the land of lost memories where you will be attempting to repair Owls shattered mind. But while owl is central to the plot, it isn’t all about her.

All of your minds will be connected as your characters travel into this realm held together by mental magic. As a consequence the environment of this land will resemble dark and hidden memories from your charters pasts. To reach Owls memories each of you will have to opportunity to have your characters and the party relive the most defining memories of your characters histories. I will be designing the landscapes based off the memories owl has stolen from each of you but if there is a memory you want visited during this arc feel free to Pm me.

While these places are just memories it will feel real to your chars and they’re will be terrible psychological consequences to dying in the memory world. I want you guys to get really creative with this arc. All of your characters will help form the story and landscapes for this arc and all are just as important as Owl.

Now as regards to combat I’m going to be using a simplified combat system from my own rpg to help keep things orginized

Combat

I the GM will create enemies for you to battle, I will post their actions in the story. If I don’t post them physically hitting your characters with their attacks you will have to opportunity to post counter attacks evades, blocks ect. Whether they auto hit your chars or not is up to me I’ll base my decision off the strength and speed of the enemies relative to your characters. Now in my own rpg we had stats that helped guide this, we don’t have stats here and that’s okay we’re more casual here and will play by ear.

You the players like wise will post your chars launching attacks against the enemy, I will decide whether your attacks connect, how much damage they do ect. You can post your character attacking multiple small attacks in one post, or one big attack per post.

All characters will have health bars starting at 100 hp, if your chars health drops to zero he will be combat ineffective. You can still post them watching the battle talking ect…but they can’t fight.

Boss Enemies will also have hp, reduce it to zero and you win.

How do you know how much damage you’ve done to the enemy and how much you have taken? Simple. After I post the enemies actions in the story thread, and you post your counter actions, I’ll post the results in the discussion thread, then make another action post in the story thread rinse and repeat. That way you’ll know exactly how well you are doing and how close the enemy is to being defeated.

I will also be handing out rewards for battles won like items and experience points. Each character will have need 100 points to level up once each time you level up you get to give your chars a new ability. Pls Pm me the abilities beforehand. If you are unhappy with how combat is going with your char please pm me, I promise you I will be as fair as possible.

Now to start I think you guys deserve some points, so everyone gets a free level up, pm me you new abilities asap.

Any questions?

Kinggunlucky Kinggunlucky

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

TheAdept TheAdept

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Freikugel Freikugel

Yes, big question: Do we bring anything with us, and how much time before we go?
You will get a few months to recover.

We can't enter the sand lands physically, but mentally as it exists in the non physical world. So won't be bringing anything but your mind.

But because the world is influenced so strongly by your mental state your characters will retain all the weapons they had in the real world, they'll just be mental versions of the real ones.

OH I FORGOT this is important!

In the mental realm your character will appear as their true selfs, this means Sam may not have synthetic limbs in Lala land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back