• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Agent of Maniacles OOC and Characters

Great, that's what we've accomplished, not bad for two arcs, but nearly everything you just listed occurred in one arc. The pest arc wasn't even really an arc, it was one day

Point taken. Pests were more like a prologue.

It is never to early to ask what favorite parts are Florida. Whether it is arcs, characters, direction, rules of the game. You learn by seeing what other people think. You find out what works, what doesn't, what the good reactions, what the bad were.

I've learned quite a lot just reading your all reactions to things.

Point taken. Pests were more like a prologue.

It is never to early to ask what favorite parts are Florida. Whether it is arcs, characters, direction, rules of the game. You learn by seeing what other people think. You find out what works, what doesn't, what the good reactions, what the bad were.

I've learned quite a lot just reading your all reactions to things.
Can I make one request, though? When it comes to events that can take someone out of the game, such as a demon auto-hitting a hoverbike out of the air at thirty feet, could we instead roll percentile dice to determine if it lands and/or severity?

Can I make one request, though? When it comes to events that can take someone out of the game, such as a demon auto-hitting a hoverbike out of the air at thirty feet, could we instead roll percentile dice to determine if it lands and/or severity?

Well, that was my bad. I won't let that happen again in that way. You have my apologies. I should have made the attack lighter or specified the damage occured.

Something like Andras was never meant to be actually beaten in a normal way. I intended you all to get fucked up there to the worst possible extent. That was a fully on purpose plot thing. As for dice...I've never used dice like that in my life lol

Never been much one on the school of game mechanics...then again I didn't design this game. I like a more intricate power/magic system myself in fantastical settings. This one is pretty loose. I know it is an RPG, role playing game, but I'm more thinking of it like a novel series or a TV show, but with the added benefit of so many different people influencing the plot. I mean that's where my head goes when I RPG. So I care a lot more about the development, the story beats, the twists and turns then the game mechanics.

I'm not against using dice in some form, though. I just could use some schooling in how it works.

Well, that was my bad. I won't let that happen again in that way. You have my apologies. I should have made the attack lighter or specified the damage occured.

Something like Andras was never meant to be actually beaten in a normal way. I intended you all to get fucked up there to the worst possible extent. That was a fully on purpose plot thing. As for dice...I've never used dice like that in my life lol

Never been much one on the school of game mechanics...then again I didn't design this game. I like a more intricate power/magic system myself in fantastical settings. This one is pretty loose. I know it is an RPG, role playing game, but I'm more thinking of it like a novel series or a TV show, but with the added benefit of so many different people influencing the plot. I mean that's where my head goes when I RPG. So I care a lot more about the development, the story beats, the twists and turns then the game mechanics.

I'm not against using dice in some form, though. I just could use some schooling in how it works.
It doesn't have to be anything complicated.
Player A: "I attack your toaster."
GM: "Roll to see if you can land the attack."
Player A: "16."
GM: "Okay, the attack lands. B, roll for how bad you're hurt."
Player B: "12."
GM: "Okay, you're banged up, but still functional to an extent. Describe that in the post."

The d20 is remarkably useful. I can try to teach you

GM: "Okay, you're banged up, but still functional to an extent. Describe that in the post."

Sure, I can do that, but don't be surprised if I override it for plot purposes sometimes. But I'll read up on it for next arc or well I will. I'm taking a backseat somewhat next arc. I mean I'll still be around, guiding what I can, seeding stuff, but I'm handing the reigns and heavy duty stuff over to Exzalia Exzalia

He has a good grasp of game mechanics like that. He has a pretty good system to he came up with. Not sure if he was using d20 dice or not. But yeah. We can implement a percent damage system. I'd like to get his input on it as well. Hell,maybe he'd be okay with us just using the one from his games.

Sure, I can do that, but don't be surprised if I override it for plot purposes sometimes. But I'll read up on it for next arc or well I will. I'm taking a backseat somewhat next arc. I mean I'll still be around, guiding what I can, seeding stuff, but I'm handing the reigns and heavy duty stuff over to Exzalia Exzalia

He has a good grasp of game mechanics like that. He has a pretty good system to he came up with. Not sure if he was using d20 dice or not. But yeah. We can implement a percent damage system. I'd like to get his input on it as well. Hell,maybe he'd be okay with us just using the one from his games.
Of course. You're the boss, I was just suggesting cuz I kinda had no choice in the matter when Andras knocked Sam out of the air with a couple hundred pounds of metal lading on top of her from 30 feet. Nobody walks away from that.

Of course. You're the boss, I was just suggesting cuz I kinda had no choice in the matter when Andras knocked Sam out of the air with a couple hundred pounds of metal lading on top of her from 30 feet. Nobody walks away from that.

Yeah my bad.

If I could redo it.

I'd have specified the nature of the attack more. And I actually forgot Sam was so high up.

It's fine.

Remember Halo? I got bored this morning cuz I was the only awake in the house, and I wound up redesigning Halo as a separate character... Still an AI, but more complicated. Maybe later, once the suit's destroyed or something

Well this isn't a dice roll dependent game.
I propose once you do a big thing on a character you could pm it to the character, and if the character wishes to roll dice is ok, or if the player is against it, you can discuss that

I really didn't have dice in mind when I made the rp...

Wait how did Ex even get in on this?

I offered him a chance to GM most of the next arc. I mean we'll still be seeding stuff and it will play into the overall story - same as this arc went, but given they are going into the Sandlands for his character. It seemed fair he should direct the general flow.

I'm not opposed to that for everyone, though. If you all wanna do your own arcs or subplots. Just let me know.

I offered him a chance to GM most of the next arc. I mean we'll still be seeding stuff and it will play into the overall story - same as this arc went, but given they are going into the Sandlands for his character. It seemed fair he should direct the general flow.

I'm not opposed to that for everyone, though. If you all wanna do your own arcs or subplots. Just let me know.
I'm all in favor of this for other people's characters...so long as we have the arc for my character, and I'm not talking about Clayton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back