• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Age of Discovery

Bare with me as I'm not too dice savvy, though if you're willing to help me out a little, I'd like to reserve Cartographer! c:

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="P U R I T Y]Bare with me as I'm not too dice savvy, though if you're willing to help me out a little, I'd like to reserve Cartographer! c:

[/QUOTE]
That's fine! We're only doing simple rolls here anyway! Role reserved :D

@Fus ro dah

Just a quick note/opinion on the character roles, wouldn't the scribe and cartographer roles be rather redundant? I mean, either one could also be trained to do the other's job, and it would be easier on the resources of the company as having fewer members means less mouths to feed. I was just thinking about slimming down the party, since 10 active players is quite a bit to maintain consistently. That's just my 2 cents though, Scribe and Cartographer are both important careers, whether carries out by one person or two.

Also, In the description of Scientists, wouldn't 'biology' be a better term than 'botany'? Since we are sure to encounter both flora and fauna, that encompassing field would be a category that could possibly cover little bits of both worlds. Again, just 2 cents, it is only flavor text, after all.

P.s. Any chance we could get some more info on the backgrounds of the nations a little bit? I'm particularly interested in Esta, what is its society like? Does it have an army? Are there large cities in the expanse of woods between major capitols or are there possibly some surviving tribal/"primitive" cultures in the manner of, say, the Gauls or Celts (using England and Europe as a base example)

Stickdom said:
P.s. Any chance we could get some more info on the backgrounds of the nations a little bit? I'm particularly interested in Esta, what is its society like? Does it have an army? Are there large cities in the expanse of woods between major capitols or are there possibly some surviving tribal/"primitive" cultures in the manner of, say, the Gauls or Celts (using England and Europe as a base example)
I'll try and bang out some more basic information tomorrow, too tired to think right now~

[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]I'll try and bang out some more basic information tomorrow, too tired to think right now~

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wasn't expecting immediate info :) I was more asking whether or not you'd prefer to micro-manage all the details yourself or give some leash to your players to fill out any relevant history details to suit their characters, so long as it was approved by you.

So, I know about the two-day time span for writing a CS, I'm gonna have to ask for an extension for now, since I've been super busy as we have a cross-country drive tomorrow to go visit Grandparents for New Year's. If I can't get it put together tonight or tomorrow morning, it might be as late as Wednesday morning, though hopefully I can get it put together during the trip if all else fails.

Stickdom said:
So, I know about the two-day time span for writing a CS, I'm gonna have to ask for an extension for now, since I've been super busy as we have a cross-country drive tomorrow to go visit Grandparents for New Year's. If I can't get it put together tonight or tomorrow morning, it might be as late as Wednesday morning, though hopefully I can get it put together during the trip if all else fails.
That's fine, I'm gonna remove that rule xD I was tired when I updated them and a bit cranky apparently

Fantastic, made it 50% of the CS, then "boom", computer crashes, no draft saved, gotta remake all that BBcode from scratch again... ugh D:

Stickdom said:
Fantastic, made it 50% of the CS, then "boom", computer crashes, no draft saved, gotta remake all that BBcode from scratch again... ugh D:
[QUOTE="Fus ro dah]RIP D:

[/QUOTE]
I am sorry for your loss. *plays funeral music*

Lol, I got it all replaced now, no worries, might have it up tomorrow morning, if not, it'll be up tomorrow night when I get there.

Stickdom said:
Lol, I got it all replaced now, no worries, might have it up tomorrow morning, if not, it'll be up tomorrow night when I get there.
I've been lazy and need to get mine up, I'm just trying to decide on said character. xD

Wow that's the fastest I've got mine up! That's probably what I missed the most on this site: All the fancy bb-codes *o* (and you guys <3)

Just posted my CS (or the majority of it, still have the history to write out), take a look over it, Soli and lemme know what you think!

@Fus ro dah

Oh my god you guys, those CS's are so pretty! I was going to do mine yesterday but I had a headache and ended up laying down all evening. I'll try and get it done today before I melt.

@Stickdom totally accepted

@khuyen Also totally accepted

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! (I know it's not quite midnight here, got a few hours, but it's gotta be tomorrow somewhere xD )

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on mine, my apologies for taking a while, I'm severely lacking inspiration lately, and it's not okay, lol.

[QUOTE="P U R I T Y]I'm working on mine, my apologies for taking a while, I'm severely lacking inspiration lately, and it's not okay, lol.

[/QUOTE]
I understand! I took longer than I'd hoped to get my CS up and done as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back