• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Aftertaste of Afterlife

Troldmand

Your Bizarre Acquaintance
Roleplay Type(s)
G'day! Name's Vicky and I'm looking for a partner to give a plot I came up with a shot!

I'm a fairly liberal roleplayer and an avid fan of everything artsy. I enjoy writing -- even though traditional art holds a special place in my heart -- and always try to expand my vocabulary and improve on my means of storytelling. I'm also very versatile and rarely if ever turn down my partners' preferences. Still, here's a quick heads-up: I only write in 3rd person, past tense. That is, unless the plot I'm unfolding merits a different take on writing things down. My roleplaying inclinations aside, I consider myself an easy-going and quite a talkative jane, so I implore you not to shy away from shooting me an OOC message, or not!
Honestly, I don't have many "whims" for you to take into consideration, and those that I do have are rudimentary, ha. Please have a -- more or less -- solid grasp on English and make sure not to leave me stranded, if you catch my drift. While I recognize and respect hardships and tight schedules we all have to contend with in our lives, I reckon leaving your partner in the middle of the RP without a notice is a bit of a questionable move, though things can happen. If you find yourself unable to continue the RP or to reply, but able to hit me up, make sure to let me know what's up. I'm often busy myself so that one notification is all I need to re-adjust my priorities and carry on in peace.
On a side note, I come from Northern Europe and do not exactly have an easy time roleplaying with people based in the Western hemisphere, for obvious reasons (I hope!). But don't let that scare you off -- I'd love to partner up with you no matter your time zone, just keep them in mind when contacting or roleplaying with me, since I'm far from a night owl and my daily schedule tends to be rather tight. Though, if the plot below catches your eye AND you happen to be a European, HIT ME UP ASAP. :D

Anyhoo, now that you hopefully have an idea of who am I exactly, I'm finally able to fill you in on what this RP is about. Buckle up and behold:

You don't remember how, when or even why, but this night you woke up not in the comfort of your bedroom, but rather in the chilly and mossy embrace of a dimly lit streetcorner. Frozen and puzzled, you brace up and stagger down the street back home, unable to make an urgent call now that all your possessions are gone, hoping desperately for a clear and concise explanation for this sudden escapade. Those you run into on your way back talk absolute gibberish, as if about to suffer a stroke, and let out a toothsome allure you do your best to ignore. Hunger drives you bonkers the longer you suspend it. You notice how letters you could read and scribble in a heartbeat yesterday now resemble chaotic linework of a drug-addled modernist, and how everything but this prevalent hunger confused you as if you were a critter thrown into the urban setting. There's something wrong with you, you finally deduce, and this wrong deserves an appointment in the closest hospital. Or the help of your friends and relatives. Or even a tranquil slumber. It's up to you, newcomer.

In short, this is a story about a chap who got infected with vampirism one fateful night and, after catching wind of their... unusual condition, does whatever they can to find a cure, all the while trying to fit into this new and mean reality. They're gifted with supernatural strength and agility, but cursed with a terrible case of dyslexia; inability to comprehend human speech; and an unquenchable thirst for blood. Keep these pros and cons in mind as you turn your home country upside down in search of an almost prophetic cure, seeing as I've made sure to concoct a whole host of decisions for you to make -- all sharing lasting consequences.

If you have any questions and/or you find this plot interesting, feel free to write them down and shoot me a message. I'll respond as soon as I can!

P.S. If you'd like to learn more about my writing style, have a look at my short-lived (Sadly; had an entire script prepared for that one) Group RP: Inter-dimensional Tale (RP)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back