Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

The site was updated last week on the 9th and since then we've been slowly reorganizing and releasing new features and most importantly tackling the site load speed. You should all be able to see an instant difference immediately, its only going to get better from here on forward. I wanted to thank everyone who has been patient with us and providing constructive feedback. I also wanted to apologize for those who couldn't stand the speed issues, I know you want your home to be fast, it is mine and the staff's home as well.

To tide you all over, I've gone ahead and released a new version of the Night Life (RpN Dark Mode). You can switch into it by going to the bottom of the site, clicking on themes and selecting a new one. Tons of bugs have been squashed and many more will be soon as well.

Our to do list:

• The Big Code Update (releasing bbcode parity and new ones)
  • More Profile Goodies
  • New RP features.
  • More bug squishing
  • More organization
  • Tutorials/Information
  • Much more.

Other things we might do but are not set in stone are as follows:

• The new RP system becomes a new hosted project system where only users with X number of posts can make Roleplays, minus the application system (so basically you get the number required and no staff approval is required). This makes it so that the system is not flooded with RPs that don't need it immediately, letting new users get a feel and hang for the site.
  • The Thread system is restored with a system that is similar to tabs but instead lets users link any number of threads they want (so it won't automatically make them for you but you wouldn't have limits).

Those are just things we are considering at this point in time.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :)!

View full announcement

Well I'm pleased with how everything turned out. Can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for the site. This is only the beginning! Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Congrats, Wiz and all the staff! All your hardwork is appreciated.

Good luck getting everything done!  :)

Do you have some sort of progress bar or something we could follow by any chance? And HUZZAH no more slow loading times yay!

I believe that the changes to the rp forum system are much needed. As much as I LOVE the current version, I feel like it's far too complicated for everyone to use. I mean, we do get to control EVERYTHING about our rp. Some of it is just completely unnecessary for rps that aren't as extensive (as, y'know, mine or something, because I like to add all that unnecessary minuscule detail). So giving the option to have a simpler version would be much welcomed.

The new Night Life is far more better and these loading speeds are amazing! 

Good job, guys. I think the new setup is a nice improvement. It looks like your hard work is paying off. :)

Everyone should totally take a second to thank The Dark Wizard and his awesome staff. I know they received a lot of hate the past week since the update, but a lot of people don't realize just how hard they work.

Can they get a round of applause? 

View attachment 154578

feelsgood.jpg

If implemented would it be possible to transfer the rps from the new system, the one that's hosted projects, to the possible new thread system? Or would they be stuck as is?

Wow, the load times are infinitely better than they were even an hour or two ago. I know I've been harping on how much I hate change and new things and stuff, I think this is a great direction for the site, I just believe the transition stage that's still ongoing is a bit rough. But, we'll persevere, thanks Staff-chan for fighting the good fight, can't wait to see what the site looks like when it's done being revamped. Looking forward to the mobile app as well, that'll be sick, keep us posted on that and anything else you guys have in the works! Don't give up, skeleton! 

Loading times are now so much faster indeed!

but if I may, I wouldn't make that number X too high. some people get a hang of how things work rather quickly, and by making the number high, you would incredibly limit those people. They may have fantastic rp ideas, but can't make them because they don't have sufficient posts yet. Just my two cents ^_^

Have you guys addressed the old BBCode on old posts pre-update? That's a really annoying problem that should be fixed if I'm completely honest. Otherwise I haven't had TOO much issue with the update...

EDIT: I just saw that it is. Awesome work <3

I have a comment I wish to ask. So one item from the old site I would like to see is the Color text. Now while I know for a fact that you can you color text already, but it's only on the computers. I use an iPod 24/7 and I'm afraid I can't use it here. This really aggravates me because I used the color text a lot and now I can't. Can you please look into this @The Dark Wizard

Hurrah for the loading speed! That's the only thing that bugs me these past week.

Kudos to Wiz and the Staffs for their hard work! I'll buy you guys a drink but sadly I'm miles away across the ocean of hopes and dreams...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you guys are busy, no rush, but are you gonna have an app for the site and if so is there any word for it to be available on windows phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back