News Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys are busy, no rush, but are you gonna have an app for the site and if so is there any word for it to be available on windows phones?

Android and iOS first. It's been ready for a while but I'm not giving it to android users before iOS and I need a macbook to submit to the App Store for iOS. The saving up for the device is a slow painful process.

I need to be fair to everyone on this subject.

Android and iOS first. It's been ready for a while but I'm not giving it to android users before iOS and I need a macbook to submit to the App Store for iOS. The saving up for the device is a slow painful process.

I need to be fair to everyone on this subject.

It's okay Dwiz! We believe in you! Just start saving up all your change and in no time walla! You have money! I take pride in looking at the ground in stores for change~

More tutorials? I guess I know what I'll be writing this weekend.

I'm not going to lie...  I kind of wish the 1x1 threads had a place for character sheets and ooc.  I only do 1x1 and I had partners who used those pages before, regularly.  It's kind of annoying that we have to go through so meany more steps to reference things which were easily accessible before.  I even had one rp where we had a part two for a rp we finished...  And we made an additional page so the two rps would be kept togeather.  Now their separated...  

I know your all busy and I'm sorry I'm being negative!  But maybe in the future, when you've time, could you give us 1x1 fokes some updates we kinda missed out on?

I'm not going to lie...  I kind of wish the 1x1 threads had a place for character sheets and ooc.  I only do 1x1 and I had partners who used those pages before, regularly.  It's kind of annoying that we have to go through so meany more steps to reference things which were easily accessible before.  I even had one rp where we had a part two for a rp we finished...  And we made an additional page so the two rps would be kept togeather.  Now their separated...  

I know your all busy and I'm sorry I'm being negative!  But maybe in the future, when you've time, could you give us 1x1 fokes some updates we kinda missed out on?

Soon promise :)

Well I'm at least glad that BBCode is getting and upgrade, and I'm also glad that the site seems to be loading faster for me (for now, I might have jinxed). If there is going to be a return of the tab system (or something like it) I would suggest things for it but since it's not set in stone Ima keep them to myself for now.  But all in all, I'm really excited for the changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of progress is being made in a short time ^_^ I'm happy that the loading time has gone down. This site really does have the best staff. Everyone is working so hard on this update. I'm really excited to see how things progress from here.

A big thanks for the faster loading time. Job well done.

I do have big concerns with the 'x number of posts before opening rp's' though. First of all, like @marorda already said you might miss some great rp ideas by newcomers. Secondly, quantity is not the only thing that counts. There are quite some people like me, who do not post often, but take time to make long posts with quality, and also the other way around, people with high post counts who still do not really know how things work. Lastly, you might scare away newcomers by limiting there abilities.

Maybe you could choose for days since starting instead of post-count or make a really low post-count (like the old system where you needed at least 10 posts before you could use PM).

I do have big concerns with the 'x number of posts before opening rp's' though. First of all, like @marorda already said you might miss some great rp ideas by newcomers. Secondly, quantity is not the only thing that counts. There are quite some people like me, who do not post often, but take time to make long posts with quality, and also the other way around, people with high post counts who still do not really know how things work. Lastly, you might scare away newcomers by limiting there abilities.

Maybe you could choose for days since starting instead of post-count or make a really low post-count (like the old system where you needed at least 10 posts before you could use PM).

I do believe it was stated that with the 'x number of posts before opening rps' was not the only way of getting it. I believe it was mentioned that for those who don't qualify, there would be an application as well which still makes it possible. 

A big thanks for the faster loading time. Job well done.

I do believe it was stated that with the 'x number of posts before opening rps' was not the only way of getting it. I believe it was mentioned that for those who don't qualify, there would be an application as well which still makes it possible. 

Also tagging @marorda

By that I meant for the new RP system. They'd become hosted projects again that users can automatically make when they have X number of posts instead of having to apply to the staff. The regular RP system (Threads which used to have tabs and I'm going to try to do something better soon) will be restored and be the default method of RPing again for the general masses. Those who need the flexibility of having forums can use them after they are on the site a while.

They'd become hosted projects again that users can automatically make when they have X number of posts instead of having to apply to the staff. The regular RP system (Threads which used to have tabs and I'm going to try to do something better soon) will be restored and be the default method of RPing again for the general masses. Those who need the flexibility of having forums can use them after they are on the site a while.

Will both formats of rping be kept in the same place or will they have separate subforums on the site? 

Something similar to what the old site had.

So the forum rps in a separate section than the threaded rps? 

This isn't the biggest complaint in the world, but I honestly would prefer they be kept together if at all possible. In the time that all the group rps have been in one spot, my rps have gotten more newcomers than we ever got when we were segregated from everyone else. Some people, when they're looking to join rps, just go and look through the rp forum rather than look at interest checks and forum rps (at least on the last site) often got neglected by people who preferred to search this way. 

Just thought I'd offer a comment on the matter. If it must be done, though, it must be done. 

So the forum rps in a separate section than the threaded rps? 

This isn't the biggest complaint in the world, but I honestly would prefer they be kept together if at all possible. In the time that all the group rps have been in one spot, my rps have gotten more newcomers than we ever got when we were segregated from everyone else. Some people, when they're looking to join rps, just go and look through the rp forum rather than look at interest checks and forum rps (at least on the last site) often got neglected by people who preferred to search this way. 

Just thought I'd offer a comment on the matter. If it must be done, though, it must be done. 

There is no way to do both systems together.

I'll work on improving RP searching. 

Got it! thanks for clarifying, Wiz, :)

No problem :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back