• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy AfterMagic (Open, started!)

Dr. Moreau finished typing a line and drew the slide on the typewriter back across. He resumed typing.

"I have only so much of my enterium bromide, and it is not a cheap or necessarily legally-obtained substance, not that any of those Grand Eye hacks know potash of selinia from rektros extract."

The Doctor paused, then continued. "I need to know before I give you this...er...treatment, Obscurion. Why do you need to die and why for exactly eleven hours?"

@ScarletTheatre

[media]

[/media]

Rumours had been spreading throughout the world, most of them circulating amongst those who skulked in the shadows of the Underworld. The secret pubs, the black market. Those that tread their quiet path of anarchy would soon be abuzz wanting to know more about something important. Something those in the know had dubbed 'The Skyfallen Artifact'.

A flash had been seen in the Deadlands late one night and those who had been foolish enough to mention it around those who worked under the Grand Eye had turned up dead, or missing shortly after. The flash had been a myriad of colours, not unlike a faint rainbow that arced in the skies after the rains, but the exact location was unknown and even the Grand Eye knew it was suicide to traverse the Deadlands at any time of day. So, it was rumoured that the artifact still remained and that it was a Gift. To whom this Gift was for, would remain a mystery. Whispers were heard that both the Grand Eye and the Last Hope were doing their best to prepare to travel the brittle black landscape in search of the Relic. Several scavengers had already attempted it, but had never returned from their expedition. Some say they could hear the distant sounds of screams that day.

Beeluvemar had heard such tales in his time spent in the pub and as such, had his interest piqued greatly. Although, even with the ability to fly didn't make him much more safer than those on the ground. Some of the strange beasts spat a viscous, tar-like substance that would quickly ground any winged creature. He'd seen it in the past and was far from interested in dying like that, let alone dying at all. He was home now, a small one bedroom, two story apartment. It was cheap and that was how he liked it, his money went to finer things. Like booze, a good meal, or something from the Black Market which was now hidden inside the stairs of his home which led up to the bedroom. Books, generally. Well, two books. It took months to save up for them, selling trinkets he had no interest in that the small group he ran with managed to salvage out in the Deadlands.

Isadora

Isadora pulled herself up with Mitri's aid, offering up a small smile. "Yeah, I'm Isadora."

She gave the other girl a small half-bow, taking a few steps towards 'home', before turning her head to look back at Mitri.

"Or.. we could go to market. I need to pick something up. It should only take a minute or two, I can't imagine anyone will want to linger after this morning. Just a quick in-and-out."

She played with the black fabric of her shirt, making sure to keep moving, if only from side to side. Come on, come on, we shouldn't be here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitri showed a slight smile, "I do like that name, don't know why," She said, pausing for a moment before clapping her hands together, making sure she did not injure her bare hand.

"Right! Quick in and out at the market, let's go for it," Mitri grinned, beginning to head towards the street.

Hell, maybe i'll find something worth picking up for myself...

On her way past Isadora, she brushed her hair out of her eyes and gestured for the elf to stay close.

"We need to be very quick though, guards right now will be... Jumpy..." She grimaced

@Meredith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back