• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Afterlife

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
Tape 1:
A long time ago there were thousands of cities, filled with millions of people. These people drove cars, relied on power generators for electricity, and used the internet to communicate. But now there are only a few left. These cities were abandoned when the dead came back to life, as once the initial infection was over there weren't enough people left to run them.

I grew up in a place called Sanctuary. Here, we generate electricity from a water wheel, we use food as currency, and we're surrounded by a wall made to protect us from the dead. Over two hundred people live in Sanctuary. No one is allowed in under any circumstances, and the only way to leave is to be exiled by breaking the rules. Sanctuary has a no tolerance policy against any form of crime. You steal food or hand out fake ration cards? You get exiled, no questions asked.

Tape 2:
Here's everything I know about the apocalypse.

It started forty-eight years ago, with a woman named Yeshida Gunn. She just disappeared one day, then washed up a week later on a beach halfway around the world. She attacked a lifeguard who tried to help her, then bit and scratched others who held her down until the police arrived.

It took twelve-hours before those infected start to show symptoms. Fever, chills, weakness, headaches. Twenty-four before they start to deteriorate mentally. They forget the names of loved ones, lose memories. As far as I know, no one has lived past forty-eight hours. It takes around an hour for them to come back. By then they've lost the ability to talk, and crave human flesh. But the freshly undead still have some intelligence. They remember how to open doors, undo locks, and dodge things thrown at them. They can run and don't stop when shot at either. Only a fatal blow to the head can kill them for good.

Only four people were infected by Yeshida Gunn, but in forty-eight hours, it was entire families. Neighborhoods. Cities. The more their brain deteriorates, the less intelligent they are. After a few months they forget how to use doors, and some of the undead around Sanctuary even crawl on all fours.

Tape 3:
To keep the risk to Sanctuary low, the gates are only opened to exile groups of criminals at a time. Each member of the group is given a handgun with a single bullet in it, and if you were lucky enough to have a melee weapon on you when you were taken into custody, the guards let you keep them. Otherwise, you're on your own.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes you could do everything right and still be exiled. If someone even suspects you of committing a crime and reports it to the police inaudible, distant you can't prove that I inaudible
Plot
You are the generation born after the initial apocalypse. You've never known a world without zombies, food currency, and lessons on how to kill them. As soon as you were old enough to hold a gun you were trained on how to use it in the event of an emergency, like Sanctuary's walls falling. What you didn't learn however, was how to survive in the wild.

You and a group of others were exiled from Sanctuary. Innocent or guilty, it doesn't matter. You're out. With only a single bullet and a world full of zombies, how will you survive?

Rules
†One paragraph minimum per post
†Let me know if you're not going to be active for a while, or if you're dropping out. I have and will kill off characters of people who fail to do this.
†Be realistic.

ok wow wow wow. ive been waiting a millennium for a zombie apoc rp. this is my time. this is it. god is good.

yeah im so sorry, I havn't had the time, and my week has just been a complete mess, I currently have tons of homework to do so im going to get that done and see what I can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back