• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

After the Trenches [Post WW1 - WW2 Nation Roleplay]

CykaShotgun

Help me please.
440px-William_Orpen_%E2%80%93_The_Signing_of_Peace_in_the_Hall_of_Mirrors%2C_Versailles_1919%2C_Ausschnitt.jpg

The year is 1920, only 2 years after the Great War that shattered Europe ended. The victors of the war, the Allies, decided the fate of the Central Powers at the Treaty of Versailles. They ended up partitioned, broken up, and humiliated, their populaces devoid of hope, and their countries in ruin. The ways of war had forever changed, as the Great War dictated new strategies, weapons, and methods of destruction. A new organization, the League of Nations, was set up by the victors, with the hope that it would create world peace and prevent another Great War. But could it? The fate of the world is at stake.

The point of this roleplay is to explore how a world recovering from the First World War would look like, act like, and play out. Alternate historical paths could be explored, and could culminate in a radically different WW2, or no Second World War.

Expectations:
-Mostly historical roleplaying, with little ahistorical detours to change the timeline from ours.
-One-liners are allowed, though paragraphs are much more appreciated.
-I expect to start when we have players for the US, UK, France, Weimar Republic, both sides of the Russian Civil War, and Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Japan.
-Other nations are welcomed to hop on as the roleplay progresses.
-Fictional nations are allowed, as long as they were formed by the Treaty of Versailles.

This is my first attempt at making a roleplay on this site, so please give feedback and constructive criticism!

Last edited:
The year is 1920, only 2 years after the Great War that shattered Europe ended. The victors of the war, the Allies, decided the fate of the Central Powers at the Treaty of Versailles. They ended up partitioned, broken up, and humiliated, their populaces devoid of hope, and their countries in ruin. The ways of war had forever changed, as the Great War dictated new strategies, weapons, and methods of destruction. A new organization, the League of Nations, was set up by the victors, with the hope that it would create world peace and prevent another Great War. But could it? The fate of the world is at stake.

The point of this roleplay is to explore how a world recovering from the First World War would look like, act like, and play out. Alternate historical paths could be explored, and could culminate in a radically different WW2, or no Second World War.

This is my first attempt at making a roleplay on this site, so please give feedback and constructive criticism!
So will this be turn based or a post as you please roleplay?

Actually, maybe not. And its not because its after the conference or anything, just busy. Wish you luck on this however.

Last edited:
I'd be interested, possibly playing as the IRA (or Dáil Eirenn might be the political aspect? I can't remember right now). Or perhaps having an Intermarium style country wedged between Germany and France made up of the Low Countries + Alsace/Lorraine created by Versailles.

Actually, I think I might go for Japan. Could even go for an actually beneficial Pan-Asianism approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back