• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic After Dusk

Tokyo

Darkness.

There's so many people afraid of it.

Most people reading this are probably afraid of it. I myself am.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. Nyctophobia, being afriad of the dark, is common. But what if darkness was taken to a whole new level?

What if people became afraid of the night? What if people became so afraid of the dark that people were afraid to drive at night?

Chicago

People are afraid of the apocalypse too.

Some people have even stocked up for the so called 'apocalypse.'

Heck, they even made a movie out of it. (2012)

So what if you put the two together?

AFTER DUSK

LOL, I wrote duck before

Do you believe in monsters? Not the ones that come out at Halloween, or the monster under your bed. I'm talking about monsters that were once humans. Some people call them Zombies, or Walkers. I call them well, monsters. Because they're not quiet zombie or walkers. They're not quiet the monsters from 'Monsters Inc.' These monster only come out at night. Why? Because the light kills them. And no, these aren't vampires.

These monsters have no hair on them, sharp teeth, and can see at night. There one weakness is light. They're deadly, living, fast, and strong.

They're built to kill humans. They don't eat blood or brains. They eat everything. Sometimes even animals.

No one quiet knows how this all started, but it's a disease. It spreads like small pox, except it doesn't kill you. It turns you into something else. It turns you into a monster.

People call this disease 'FG-01.' It means 'forever gone.' And it's true. Once you're infected you're not coming back. There is no cure, no happy ending, there's just death, darkness, and survival. I'm not going to sugar coat anything.

No one knows how you become infected. There theories about being bitten, but these monsters will most likely eat all of you, and if not the birds will. Some say through the air. But then everyone would be infected. But people do know when you are infected.

There's three simple stages.

The first is that your eyes become blurry and itchy. This disease always starts with the eyes. Stage two is that your hair begins to fall out. Every single hair will no longer be there. But hey, no more shaving. And then the last stage is when you go blind, your completely hair free, and your skin begins to burn in the sun or any type of light. So you're forced to go into dark and then the disease takes you over, turning you completely into a monster.

These monsters disappear during the day, so you may roam about, but don't go too far out or when it starts to get dark and you're trying to make it back home, their trap you and eat you alive. And yes, these 'animals' can trap you.

Just because they're monster doesn't mean they've lost their brains. Remember, these aren't zombies. These monster are smart, and know how to catch food. And they can catch it quick when a human is scared. Because then all the humans common sense goes dead because all they want is to make it home.

So be careful.

9:00 is when the night is finally alive, and when there is no more light. So that is the time when all the monsters come out. That's when you start locking up you're house, or when you start running home. So you have to be quick.

You better start doing it because they're coming.

Look at the first tab and this town basically looks like that

:)

Rules.::.

1.) Follow all RpNation rules. If you haven't read them yet, please do.

2.) No asking to be a monster. You can only be a human, but you may role-play whether the monster corner you or eats you.

3.) You may make up to five characters. No more than that.

4.) No killing other people off or yourself unless given permission. Contact me and make sure it's okay with everyone that someone dies. You can also make another person.

5.) NO Mary Sues! So this means that given the circumstances, you can go crazy. :)

6.) Please! Post 'FG-o1' on your skelly so I know you read these rules. Hey, it's the apocalypse, you can't trust no one. Ignore the bottom one.

7.) You may add onto your skelly! Just do the main points, but you may add other things so we know your person well

8.) If you have any questions, please contact me! Also if you have ideas for the role-play contact me too

9.) Swearing is allowed! Just don't over do it.

10.) Put 'monster' on your skelly to show that you've read the rules

11.) Have fun!

Blood sprayed on the sidewalk.

Tammie flinched at the sound as she starred out her window.

Bastards Tammie thought, as she stared at a monster breaking and ripping the neck of a dog. Don't you know that animal abuse will get you arrested? As if that even mattered anymore.

It was September 11. Tammie's birthday was the 19. But she wasn't excited for it. Why? Because there would be no presents, no cake, not even candles. It would be Tammie's 18 birthday. She would be a woman now. And she wouldn't be able to celebrate it.

Tammie stood up and walked to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair had grown to the point where it reached her chest. Her bangs needed to be cut because they now hid her eyes. Her smell didn't smell good either. I would shower, but there's no point. Her family ran out of shampoo days ago, along with body lotion. Conditioner would only make it greasier. Tammie sighed as she looked at the scraps and bruises on her arms and face. I'm a mess.

She turned around and walked into her living room and sat down on her used couch. Once she hit the couch, a poof of dust filled the air around her, and she sneezed.

"Urg." She moaned as she closed her eyes and tilted her head up.

"Urg indeed." Her older sister, Olivia replied. Olivia was standing by the door, holding her rifle. She did this everyday, because she was so paranoid. She thought that the monsters would be able to break in the locked and boarded up door. Her imagination let her believe things that probably wouldn't happen.

Tammie yawned and rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Her family didn't speak much because there wasn't much to talk about. And everyone still felt sore about the loss of her two sisters, Kelly and Gina. It had been two months since the event, but it still hadn't become easy. Especially for Elaine, Tammie's mother.

Tammie looked around the room, searching for her mom. "Hey Oli, where's mom?"

"Hm?" Olivia turned around and scanned the room. "She was here just a second ago." Olivia moved from her spot and walked into the kitchen. "Mom?" She called, searching the bottom floor.

Tammie was in the laundry room, and opened the door to the garage. "Ma?" She called, and heard something move. Monster. Her mind rang, and she made eye contact with Olivia. Olivia nodded and walked into the garage quietly, her gun up on her shoulder.

Olivia moved closer to the sound, and pointed the gun at the monster. "Mom!" She smiled, and walked up to their mother.

Oh, it's just ma. Tammie's heart relaxed only a bit, as she sat down on the laundry floor. Tonight is going to be a long night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conner sat in his boarded up house with those things crawling around. Princess, his large wolf hound, was taking up half the sofa next to him, her head resting on his leg. 'The night may belong to those monsters, but the day is ours.' Conner thought to himself. In the morning, he would gather whoever he could in the crew, that were still alive, and clear out some of the buildings near by. "Alright, get up." Conner said to Princess as he got up. He was headed deeper into his lair to try and muffle the sounds that were coming from outside. Princess would probably be right next to his bed ad well.

Josh struggled to move the couch out of the door way. He might find some handy stuff inside this bedroom.

The three person couch was blood soaked, and there were bullet casings all around the floor outside the room.

"Someone really had a hell of a hold against those things here," Josh though. "Hope they left something behind.".

When he finally finished moving the furniture, he prepared his axe and slowly opened the door. Thankfully it was clear.

There wasn't much in supplies however. The only thing he found were bones and dried blood. Josh gagged a little at the sight,

but he as pretty use to this kind of stuff after searching dozens of houses for his supplies. He put his axe away in his bag and left the room.

Suddenly, he felt an arm grab him tightly. The instinctive screech of the zombie was heard behind him. She was about to bite his forearm.

Josh almost instantly grabbed his Luger and shot him between the eyes. The zombies grasp went limp, and he tumbled to the wooden floor.

Josh was in shock, he was nearly infected. He began to hyperventilate. He looked at the body of the poor woman who tired to chomp him, and checked her pockets. The only thing he found was a tiny bottle of shampoo, like the one you find at hotels. At least i won't smell like a wet dog anymore he thought.

He realized how much noise he had made, just firing a gun in a suburban area such as this. It could be heard from miles around. Shit, they are gonna close in on me, i gotta find some shelter. He quickly ran out the backdoor, of the house, and hopped the fence over the next yard. He looked over to the sidewalk to see a zombie eating a dog. Ugh, why do they have to eat the dogs? What did they do to them? Josh continued to search for a house suitable for defense. He saw one with some boarded up windows. He ran up to the backdoor, and prepared to enter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zane jumped from one rooftop to the next. He gasped a moment looking back to see if he was still being chased. 'Those damn beasts..' He thought a moment. All night he was being chased by those demons. At least that's what he called them. Ever since the first attack Zane had been fighting the Dark Ones. He turned and looked down to find an abandoned building. "Bingo!" He smiled. The sun was starting to rise over the horizon. Zane jumped and landed on a fire escape. Opening a window he snuck into the building. "Alright let's see what we can find." He said to himself. Waking through the building there were obvious signs of a struggle. Several holes were punched into the wall. "What the hell happened here?" Zane looked around some finding some old cans of food. "Jackpot!" He pulled out a blade and opened a can and started eating. "Mmmm thank you chef B" he said eating raviolis.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Conner heard the rattling of a fire escape ladder next door, and so did Princess. She looked at him as if to say he needed help. "It ain't our problem. Serves them right for going around at night. Look, if he comes knocking on the door or a window begging for help, I'll help him. Until then he is just another noise in the night." He realized how crazy he must have sounded talking to a dog. He might be, but then no one had noticed so far.

((Okay I'm planning on having Tammie's mom killed, but having Olivia survive... so maybe

@MrCats you could kill her. Or I could find a different way. Whatever you'd prefer. :) ))
Tammie's heard something. "Quiet!" She whispered, standing up and walking to her sister and mom. She pointed to the direction on the backdoor, which was in the kitchen. They were in the garage. Olivia nodded, and pulled her gun up to her shoulder again. She walked to the door, and pushed it open. Olivia glanced back at her mom and sister, and pointed to the back door.

Tammie's mother nodded, and she walked into the kitchen, and pressed her back against a wall that was a blind spot to the backdoor. Her mother grabbed her sword, and gripped it in her hands.

Tammie stood by the garage door, with bat firmly gripped in her hands. They were all ready for the attack, knowing it was either a stupid human, or a smart monster. The door was boarded up, so Tammie couldn't tell who it was. She felt her blood boil as the suspense built up. If the thing was smart enough to walk away, everything would be okay. But if they managed to make their way into the house, all hell would break loose.

Josh heard some shuffling inside the house, ad assumed it was a monster. But it couldn't be. The walking wasn't dragging, it sounded like people running around. He though about how he would enter. He thought if they were humans, they would speak back. So he walked up the the door, and rung the door bell. "Um, hello? Is anyone in there? Are you people or zombies? I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise."

Josh realized that these people might not be as friendly as him, and this might be a huge mistake. He upholstered and gripped his Luger tight, just in case something went south.

Tammie's mother looked at Olivia and Tammie straight in the eye, and nodded no. So they didn't speak.

Tammie didn't know who it was and didn't think he was being honest. It could be some pervert wanting to go inside just to rape them. It would be easy if he was strong, they were all girls. BUT, they were all strong and there were three. So... he could be lying so he could kill them and take their food. That was a bit more reasonable.

But then again, he could just be some normal guy. But in the apocalypse, there was no taking chances.

Tammie waited for the person outside to make a move of staying or leaving.

Ami was sitting in her room with her head in her hands as she normally did every night. She could hear those things loud and clear, which Kenchi didn't think helped her at all and he was right. Ami sometimes wondered if their dad was one of the monsters she heard at night, and from there her thoughts became more dark 'Does he hate me for watching him turn and not killing him? Is he happy I didn't? Is he even still alive?' she thought things like this over and over again.

"Hey," Kenchi said from her door. "Want me to grab you something to eat?"

Ami nodded. "If you wouldn't mind," she whispered.

'Well, atleast she's eating,' Kenchi thought as he went downstairs to their kitchen and grabbed some romin for her, though he didn't cook it just in case the monsters smell it. When he gave the hard noodles to Ami she stared at him like he was stupid, and if he told her his reasons for not cooking it he knew she was a spaz and cook it anyways.

"You're a spaz, Kenchi," she said without him needing to say anything instead. "You can cook anything that's not meat, I don't they want noodles if they're trying to eat us."

Kenchi rolled his eyes and sighed. "You don't have to--" He was interrupted as they heard a gun shot close by. "Wh-what was that?"

Ami didn't try to answer and ran to a window where the boards were purposely separated enough for her to see through them. "Who in their freaking mind would be out there?" she growled to herself. 'You if Dad didn't turn,' Kenchi stated to himself, but would never say out loud. Ami continued to watch intensely to see if she any monsters followed the sound. "Too bad, tonight wasn't that bad."

No sound of anything came out of the house.

Maybe the sounds i heard were my imagination? I haven't had a good nights sleep in days.

Josh pulled at the door, it was locked. He got his red fire axe, and chopped the lock off. He slowly opened the door, Luger in hand. He was prepared to defend himself.

Conner heard the gunshot and immediately got out of bed to look for his Berretta. Another idiot was out that night this night, and he had a gun. He was ready for whatever came, may it be those things or a guy with a gun, he would be ready.

Zane heard a loud gun shot ring out. He finished up his meal and pulled out his second blade. "Okay we're ready" he said to himself. Then he turned the corner making a run for it. He ran and jumped through the window and onto the next building landing on another fire escape. Zane looked through the window seeing a dog. "Crap." He stopped dead in his tracks. 'Wait a dog? Maybe there's a living human in here' he thought. He reached out and knocked on the window. "I'm human and I mean you no harm I just need a place to crash." He spoke clear making his presence known aside from the knocking. "Please can you help me out I have food with me" he continued.

'Food? That is always useful.' Conner thought as he hurried to the window that the kid was tapping on. Princess was staring at him, wagging her tail a little. "Well, girl, you win. Alright, I'll let you in. Show me the food first." Conner said as he walked up to the window and got ready to open it. As soon as the food was shown he would let the kid in, but not a moment sooner.

Zane put his blades away and took off his back pack. He slowly opened it. "There" he said showing cans of food and bottled water. "All right here" he said zipping up the bag and holding it. "Now please let me in." He said once again. "And you are more than welcome to have some." He smiled trying to show the fact that he is sincere. He shifted his staff to the other side on his back. Zane waited a moment for the person inside to open the window. 'Hope he isn't hostile or ill have to go against master's wishes for me.' He thought looking into the room.

Conner slid open the window and motioned for him to get in quickly. Once he was in Conner looked around for any signs of those things then quickly closed the window and latched it. Princess was ecstatic about a new person coming in. She was hopping around him, wagging her tail, and occasionally looked like she was going to jump on him. "Down." Conner said firmly to her, and she sat but kept on wagging her tail. "Two cans and a bottle of water, on the table. You get the couch. This is Princess, wolf hound. She likes you now, but try and slit my throat and she will rip out yours. Enjoy your stay."

Zane smiled. "Charming." He said sarcastically as he placed the cans of food and the water. "There's your food." He said with a smile. "Alright so do you have like a weapons closet? You know a place for me to put away my killing implements so I don't use them on you?" He asked thinking of the 'rip your throat out' comment that was made. "I mean I don't want princess getting mad." He said petting the hound. "Does she eat human food? I mean I have some dog food for her if she'll eat it." He said looking at Conner.

"You can put it next to the foos, I'll take care of it. And she eats what ever I can get her. Good." That last word was directed towards Princess who instantly got back up and began to sniff the stranger.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked as Mia approached him. She looked pale and uneasy... but Mia had always been expressive. He could always guess at what she was thinking at just by looking at her. She frowned and produced a small dark clump of hair. Mia's hair was a fine and fair blonde and his hair was too short. It was Charlie's hair. He didn't think that he was half as expressive as Mia was but he felt his face pull into a frown.

"I thought we'd have more time." Mia whispered letting the hair fall to the ground.

"Where is she?"

"I was combing her hair in her tent when this came out. I thought that you might be wrong... I should have known better, you never seem to be. I finished combing her hair and came straight over here. Charlie should still be in her tent."

"We can't talk about her condition here or now. We need to pack up and get out of here before they start waking up. We'll talk about this in the morning... and we'll talk about what we need to do." he said and Mia's face contorted with anger.

"We're not killing her." Mia said. Her voice trembled with anger but her tone was flat and her volume was low. He ignored the wash of emotions that came over him. He would deal with them later... they couldn't focus on their problems until the night was done.

He chose not to say anything and instead he moved to begin tearing down his tent. The three siblings tore down their 'campsite' and tucked everything away before loading it into Nick's truck.

"There's a city nearby. It's safer to find someplace to hide in a city rather than out in the open." Nick said succintly.

--

The fringes of the city came into sight and Nick kept driving until they encountered the first FG-01. He pulled over and Mia stepped outside and aimed at it. The first shot she fired missed but the second hit its target squarely. Another two came running from the shadows and Charlie sighed from the back seat before hopping out. They quickly dispatched the two but more snarls were heard as more came running from the shadows.

"Let's lose them and run into the first house." Nick shouted. This city was more populated than most of the ones that they had visited. It worried him.

They pulled forward several blocks twisting and weaving through the streets until Nick found a suitable house. It looked recently lived in, which could mean either that there were FGs inside or that people were or had been living inside. The windows were boarded... some person had done that. He was always hopeful on finding people.

They grabbed their duffel bags filled with weaponry and some clothing and a small portion of their food and quickly hurried inside. Mia and Charlie made a defensive perimeter around him as he tried the door. Shot off. A little luck was nice given their recent bout of bad luck, it wasn't enough to make up for the sting of Charlie's infection though.

Mia pulled a cowbell from their bag and after shutting the door rang it loudly. It echoed down the hallways. Nick lifted his gun up and Charlie followed. The sound would bring any infected out to investigate. His finger teased the trigger watching for any signs of movement.

"Did you hear that?" Kenchi asked as he heard the bells. "I-is that coming from inside?"

Ami turned around so quickly Kenchi could hear it. "There's no way that came inside," she said before running downstairs to look around, pulling out her pistols. Kenchi tried to follow her but Ami stopped him. "Stay here, got it?"

Kenchi sighed but nodded and watched his sister go downstairs.

Ami had her pistols at her sides as she walked silently down the stairs. She looked around the corner barely enough to see if someone was by the door or not.

Using Tapatalk

Nick's sharp eyes caught the brief flicker of movement at the corner of the hallway and he squeezed the trigger. The loud sound of a gunshot echoed through the hallway as the far wall exploded into a puff of drywall.

"Come on out!" Mia beckoned and she continued to ring the bell. She hasn't seen anything in the corner but Nick had keen eyes and he didn't like to waste bullets. If she didn't know any better she would say that those monsters were getting smarter, they had never been dumb but they had never had the sense to peek around a corner before.

"I saw something, I'm sure of it. This place isn't clean yet." Nick said to them. Mia hooked the bell onto her belt and pulled out her gun posing alongside her siblings who all had their eyes on the corner and their fingers on their triggers.

Ami fell back onto the ground but still behind the corner she tried to keep her breath quiet as her breath quickens. "Ami!" Kenchi yelled from upstairs. Ami swore under her breath as she looked up at the top of the stairs and put a annoyed finger to her lips. Finally she picked up both her guns, walking around the corner slowly with her guns raised over her head. "Before you destroy MY house, tell me what the hell you're doing here?" Ami aimed her gun at Chris and then Charlie. "Or I'll shoot and ask questions later."

Using Tapatalk

All three of the siblings were shocked to hear what they assumed to be an infected speaking.

"You're human?" Mia said in a small voice. She made no attempt to hide the awe and surprise in her voice. Could it be? They weren't the only humans still alive out there?

Charlie lowered her gun immediately and she flipped the safety on before a broad smile crossed her face, "We haven't seen anyone else in months!" She gushed raising both hands above her head and facing her palms forward as she began walking towards them.

Nick however hadn't moved and his face was still drawn into a grim line, "Charlie!" He barked sharply, "Get back here. We don't know if we can trust these people." His finger was poised on the trigger and his gun was aimed towards Ami.

Mia lowered her gun, "Listen, we didn't know there were other humans out there. We assumed you were the infected. Charlie and I have lowered our guns but all of us mean you no harm. Not even Nick." She said carefully. She hoped that Ami would lower her gun. Nick was stubborn and untrusting, he would lower his weapon when she did but NOT before. Mia hoped that her brother wouldn't get them all killed here. It would be horrible if they had finally found other people only to be shot by those other people... But then again the look on Nick's face indicated that if she fired a bullet that there would be one coming right back her direction.

"We might just be the only humans you meet if you don't close my door," Ami replied and Kenchi suddenly ran downstairs.

Kenchi looked at Mia then Charlie then Chris. He looked hopeful until he saw Chris aiming at his sister. "We don't mean you any harm either," he said. "Now, why don't we make a deal? On three both of you will drop your guns, okay?"

"And then you three can leave," Ami retorted. Kenchi glared at her and shook his head.

Using Tapatalk

Mia noted the arrival of Kenchi and was relieved after he finished talking to what she assume was his sister. Maybe there was hope that this standoff would end... And more importantly that it would end well.

"3..." Charlie said. The muscles in Nick's arms were still tense... Mia frowned, he wasn't going to drop the gun, was he? Her stomach clenched itself into a knot, damn Nick and his pride and worry! These people could be untrustworthy but he wasn't going to give them even the benefit of the doubt!

"2..." Charlie intoned. Her voice echoed Mia's concerns. Nick was still unyielding. What was he thinking?

"We can't go back outside now." Mia said desperately. Appealing to Nick's pride or expecting him to trust were not possible. But she was desperate, shedding blood was the worst thing one could do... Let alone at night. She had to appeal to his sense of duty; Mia and Charlie were the only things left in the world that he loved. She hoped that he would care more about protecting them then playing this dangerous game.

"One." Charlie said hesitantly. Her tone seemed to indicate that she wished there was more time and numbers that she could call to bring them more time.

Every muscle in his arms was tense and Mia saw them clench and immediately assumed the worse. To her surprise the gun was being lowered. It was in small increments and hesitant but the relief that Mia felt was immense. Nick could only lower it halfway before he glanced at Ami to make sure that she was doing the same. Damn both of their prides and their lack of trust, Nick or Ami could have gotten someone killed!

"I'm Mia." She said.

"I'm Charlie!" Charlie beamed and scratched at her eye lightly. There was no answer from Nick and though his gun was now lowered he looked tenser and more alert than before.

"And that grump is our older brother Nick, he's almost always that grumpy." Charlie explained, "I hope we can spend the night here... We'll leave first thing in the morning if you don't want us here."

"We're spending the night," Nick said with finality, "unless you want us to attract every infected in the area to this place on our way out."

"Nick!" Mia gasped in horror, "I'm so sorry! We won't do that!" She shot her brother a nasty glare. Did he not remember how to be human or something? Threatening people made them defensive and that was the last thing they needed from the girl who had struck her as similar to Nick so far, "Please let us stay the night." Mia pleaded, "Don't send us back out there at this time in the evening."

There were more gunshots. "Why does everybody want to be out shooting there guns this night?" Conner thought out loud. It was true. Most nights were silent except for the sounds of those things trying to get in. "Well, at least they are drawing those things away from us. If you want breakfast in the morning it's another can of food." Conner said as he walked over to the counter with the food, water, and now (hopefully) the knives were now on. "Princess, good." Conner said pointing to the stranger, who she promptly jumped on and possibly knocked over, he heard a thump but he wasn't sure if it was his dog or the stranger hitting the floor because he was putting everything away. Knives where in his pockets, food and water in the cabinets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back