Looking for Advice on Work Settings and the Body

RitualDeadlyf

Forget It, Shoot Me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I work anywhere from 13 to 15 hours a day and it could be two days straight or three. Then I get multiple days off. That means I work a full day (24 hours) in the course of two days. When I get home, I have to go straight to sleep just to get up 5am. Don't have any real issues at work but my body is suffering drastically. I've only worked at this job for a little over a month now. This is my problem:
Due to constantly being on my feet and breaks being hardly worth a breather, my body is aching badly. Sleep is rough to catch up on and I constantly feel exhausted after the first day of work.
Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to help ease joint pain and fatigue without cutting into my work? I've taken Advil and other over the counter medication but it just doesn't seem to help no matter how much I "overdose".

P.S. Tips on how not to punch your coworkers would be nice too. Chewing bubble gum doesn't drown out enough noise from their voices.

Recently I've been trying to take better care of my body, and it's drastically had a change on my energy and overall well-being. This is going to sound pretty typical, but drink as much water as you can manage a day; fill up a waterbottle with ice water before you leave in the morning and sip on it frequently. STRETCH! Stretch when you wake up, during your break, when you go to the bathroom, before you go to bed, any time you are able to. It eases your muscles and gives you a chance to increase blood flow which generally makes you move and feel better. I used to work myself to death and once I started doing that every day, I really have noticed a difference.

I will definitely try stretching and drinking more water. I drink water and other hydration meant drinks but not a whole lot since I'm working so much, I just forget my cup is there. Haha. Thanks. I'll give it a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back