Advice on making an interest check?

LillianMuffin

Don't Tread On Me
<p>

Disclaimer; This is NOT an interest check pls dont delete me ;; Hello, I've been trying to make a really good crowd-pulling interest check... Problem is I have no idea how to write it. Anyone have any advice on how to write an appealing one?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
The point of a interest check is to allow people to tell you if they like or don't like your plot and therefore be or not be interested in it. I would introduce myself and provide the plot, don't make it too long or short. Make it something you think people will enjoy reading and captures the feeling of your roleplay. And if you're using any special mechanics, mention that too.

Bresn said:
The point of a interest check is to allow people to tell you if they like or don't like your plot and therefore be or not be interested in it. I would introduce myself and provide the plot, don't make it too long or short. Make it something you think people will enjoy reading and captures the feeling of your roleplay. And if you're using any special mechanics, mention that too.
No, what i'm asking is HOW to make it interesting.

Oops. Well, use fun puns and slangs that you would consider "interesting" as long as it's not really gangsta like "dank". Say things that are relateable, speak as if you're talking to a good old pal of yours. Make readers feel welcomed.

Bresn said:
Oops. Well, use fun puns and slangs that you would consider "interesting" as long as it's not really gangsta like "dank". Say things that are relateable, speak as if you're talking to a good old pal of yours. Make readers feel welcomed.
Not quite the type of interesting im going for.

Bresn said:
Well I don't know then ;-;, what kind of interesting do you mean?
Like, how to write it in an interesting way that gets people invested in the plot. Or like a way to use BBcodes to make it nice

Actually, @Bresn is right.

I've pulled a lot of people with various interest checks, and as someone who lurks on every interest check in the 1x1 and fandom (as I'm trash) I can tell you that Bresn is on the right track. Even if I don't like any of the prompts given, if I think the person's personality shines through in their interest check, that'll catch my attention and I'll still message them. It has to sound genuine and personable.

If you're specifically looking at making plots sound interesting, think about marketing 101.

Who is your target? People who like murder mysteries? Or people who like slice of life?

People who like horror will like it when they get a 'dark' or 'dreary' feeling when they read over your post. Where as someone looking for slice of life would be turned away.

And, as I feel like I'm rambling at the moment, I'll stop now.

[QUOTE="Lilllysaurus Rex]Like, how to write it in an interesting way that gets people invested in the plot. Or like a way to use BBcodes to make it nice

[/QUOTE]
I sort of have what you mean in my mind but not sure how to express it. But for formatting, using colors are nice but some people don't like it while others don't, I would probably just bold, if not color key terms. But in general colors = visually appealing but don't go overbroad. The key is to bring highlight to special terms without overloading it like this.

<->

I like using little neat things (what do you call them) to break my text into sections, you can make it however you like it. <->, [----], align it to the center for visual appeal and it'll look nice. And use uhhh.. action words? Make the reader feel invested into the plot despite that it's just a interest check adn nothing spoil-y.

I don't think I'm good at explaining but I tried >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back