• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Adventures of the Flying Aces.

Jagson

One Thousand Club
New Hapen on the outskirts of the Qali Federation. In the star ports tavern four people were sitting around the table. The table itself was in the corner of the room.

The people were two human males, an android and an Almecian. Drake McGregor listened to the Almecian not looking at the man but at the door entrances. "As I was saying." The Almecian said through a translater as it growled and grunted. "We need the usual run done in two weeks." He turned on a holo pad showing a planet on the outskirts of known space.

McGregor tapped his finger against the table as if in thought. "The usual rate 25 cred up front and another 50 upon completing." He said to which the Almecian growled and grunted. "Acceptable." The Almecian took out a small chip and tapped on it. Before he could hand it to Drake sirens went off.

"Attention all space travelers the United Galaxy are here to do an expectation on all ships. We will not protect you." The intercoms said. The Almecian pulled back the credit chip. "Meet me at Rishi prime." He said before getting up and leaving. Drake finished his drink before looking at his companions.
"Let's get out of here."

Trinity reclined lazily in his pilot chair, resting his feet on the corner of the control dash. One arm was bent with his hand resting behind his head casually, while the other held a lit cigarette between his index and middle finger to his lips for a long inhale. " Man I really wanted to go out this time." he pouted, exhaling a cloud of smoke from his lungs and tipping his head away from the control dash as if that was going to keep the controls from getting contaminated. " Ey, Ariel! Any news from the crew yet? I'm getting bored." He called out, leaning forward in his chair enough to play with one of the intercom dials. They had been sitting for quite some time while Captain and the others set out to negotiate a potential job for the crew. After catching up on his duties, cleaning, running diagnostics, and raiding the kitchen pantry, there was nothing else to be done. Well, nothing Trinity wanted to get done.

There hadn't been much chatter on the open ship coms either. Mostly trade ships requesting permission to dock as they drew closer to port. *Another unbearably quiet evening* Trin though to himself while taking another slow pull from his cigarette. Where was all the action? The sudden rush that came only when everything was about to hit the fan? He longed for another adrenaline rush- craved it, really. If trouble didn't find him soon, he figured a night out in a busy town would help curb his craving.

Aelyx Granstin
0f0517da3485d610e11f452a9fa0e4c2.jpg
Aelyx sat at the table as the Almecian spoke about the deal, the whole thing could have been a trap, though why they ended up taking this job was beyond him. Looking at the cup that was in front of him filled to the brim with some scotch, he let out a small sigh. Matters such as these he felt could be handled without the personal touch, though it was less tracing that way which he couldn't deny was probably a good thing. He looked toward the main entrance as he downed the scotch in a single go shaking his head after it all went down. After a moment, he felt a warmth slowly going through his body, as he looked around at the patrons.

On these types of meetings he didn't bring much he kept a sidearm hidden and a knife, if he was going to need more than that well then they should probably have been raiding something. After a moment he returned his attention back to the deal that was being made, when they had struck the terms it seemed like the matter was sealed. At least that was what he thought until the warning blasted over the intercom. "Well, I suppose they want to start a party or something," he sighed as he got up from the table and was ready to get going back to the ship.

"I wonder if the others were able to get those supplies yet or not, would be a bad day if they got caught up in all of this," Aelyx stated as he looked over at the captain. His eyes trailed their client as he made his own exit, though he was curious as to why the United Galaxy had come here of all places.

Today was not the day to get caught up in this.

She'd just managed to set a particularly heavy crate on the hovercart--which creaked with annoyance underneath the stacked boxes--when the sirens went off. Bruy paused, taking in the intercom announcement before looking first to Bernie. Not one for many words, the doctor raised a brow, knowing her partners would recognize the question: Anything illegal in these, or no?

Truth be told, Bruy had always been regarded as the goodie-two-shoes of the crew. Everyone seemed to have some kind of reason to be there, something that brought them to the work, except for her. She'd just stumbled her way into the position. So yeah, maybe she was. While Bruy refused to consider that a bad thing, it did come with its inconveniences. For example, it was clear they were a smuggling ship; she wasn't an idiot. Yet she'd encountered times when the crew had been smuggling a product they hadn't mentioned to her. Perhaps they were carefully tiptoeing around, unsure of where her moral boundaries lied. Joke was on them. She didn't know either, and didn't care to define the boundary.

Now she was standing with a backache from stacking their acquired goods, headache pounding from a lack of caffeine, and the suspicion that there were some of these boxes they'd have to put back if they wanted to avoid conflict with the UG.

Bruy looked from Bernie to Julian, waiting for her unspoken question to be answered.

Ariel sat quietly with the other members of his crew as he listened to the meeting going on. The closest emotional expression Ariel to describe her current status would be boredom though it was not true in the strictest of sense. He was never just listening and watching, his processor were running diagnostic of the ships, she was running analysis on the Job offered and doing research on the planet.

Such work was however was mundane for someone like him. Ariel was not simply a ship computer but combat AI made for battle and assassination. His considerable skills were wasted in simple negotiation. He looked around, there were a grand total of 200 potential threats that could provide potentially minor enjoyment but probability of combat was low.

"Yes, Trinity." He spoke through the ship communicator, hearing his request for an update. "I have killed the captain and every organic meatbag around me and making my way to the sip to finish you off. Do not attempt to escape, not that you could I have sealed the cockpit door... Or not... Maybe I dreamed it...." He paused. "If you stop filling the cockpit with carcinogenic and fooling smoke it would reduce the probability of me terminating you be 3.6%. Also as I recall don't you have latrine duties?"

He went to say more before hearing the announcement about the pending inspection. "Ship announcement, code blue." He send out the alert to the ship as warning before returning his attention to his mobile unit. "Neutralize the United Galaxy inspector reduces the risk of them finding something by 100%." He suggested as he got up, though he knew it was wishful thinking.

Drake got out of the chair and started to walk out of the tavern. He moved slowly like he wasn't hiding anything while everyone else was running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Drawing his Echo-two blaster he flipped it from kill to stun. Last thing he needed was for them to be hounded for killing a UG dog. "ARIEL Axeyl next time I decide to do business with the Sentinels please kick my ass." He said. Though he didn't mean it he owed them too much to say no. He moved his hand to his wrist mic. "Trin get the Aces ready for depature." He said. "Team two I hope you got everything you need. Head back to the ship."

BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 Lizy Lizy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back