• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Adventure Time

Marceline Abadeer

Vampire Queen

"Honestly? For love?" Marceline nearly fell from her float when she heard Finn's ridiculous excuse. There was no way that prudish blonde boy was going out on an 'adventure' with Jake to find love. The mere thought made her burst out into laughter. "Okay, really. Why are you leaving?" She asked as she glided in the air around the dog and blonde boy. Her eyes slitted slightly as she demanded a proper answer. They were all seated in Miss.GoodyTwoShoes 'royal sitting room' talking about Finn's departure from Candy Kingdom. This was the foulest bs if the vampire queen had ever heard it. The boy wasn't even fifteen yet but he was determined to go out and find 'the lucky one'. The vampire rolled her eyes.

Marcy_gif.gif

"We told you, Marceline. For love." Finn pressed the point, picking up his over weight back and throwing it over his shoulder. He grabbed a sharp blade in his other hand and posed. Marceline snorted smugly, glancing over at Bonnie. Clearly the princess didn't actually find this whole sudden thought alright. Surely there was no way that Bonnibel was going to allow Finn to make love the number one priority. The vampire queen doubted that the bubblegum royality even knew how to cherish love. Surely Bonnie had thrown away their entire relationship in the blink of an eye.

"Well, if the princess is alright with you leaving the kingdom then have fun finding love." Marceline smirked, baring her fangs at Jake and Finn. She knew that never failed to send shivers down their spines. "You wouldn't want something bad to happen to the Kingdom while you two were gone searching for love." She moved away from the two boys and headed towards Bubblegum. She wrapped an arm around the princess, leaning in real close to the pink haired girl. Wiggling her eyebrows she asked the lady a proper question.

"So tell me, Bonnibel...." She wanted to hear the pink's true answer to what she was about to ask. Marceline leaned closer in, not caring that Finn and Jake were still in their presence. "What do you think about Finn putting love in front of his responsibilities and actually looking for someone?" Her voice became sharp and she quickly broke away from the girl, floating back to the middle of the room.

Marceline arched an eyebrow, as she sat down and tilted her head onto her shoulder slightly. The girl smiled genuinely, looking over at Bonnie, expecting a real and genuine answer. "Well, what's your output... or thoughts?"

(( Sorry if I wrote too much. oyo ))

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess "Bonnibel" Bubblegum

Ruler of the Candy Kingdom

With mouth hanging open and eyes wide, Bonnibel or the princess of the Candy Kingdom couldn't help but stare at the young boy and his best friend. She was about to ask him to repeat his ridiculous statement again yet the vampire queen got him before her. "We told you Marceline. For love." Finn responded before posing. The pink monarch furrowed her brows and started massaging the bridge of her nose, "Finn and Jake..." she managed to growl their respective names out in frustration. Why must they always come up with absurd ideas like this one? Really, she couldn't even laugh this time.

tumblr_n5a4voeaQ01rkiy6bo2_500.gif

Just as she thought things couldn't get any better- Marceline approached her and wrapped a grey arm around her which resulted for Bonnibel's frown to deepen. And again, that taunting
wiggle of her eyebrows. Bubblegum scoffed at the other female who was leaning close to her(which made her blush a bit), "Marceline please." she said afterwards. For once, she was thankful that the boys arent

"I'm sure the princess would agree, right princess?" Jake asked and Finn made a toothy grin. "I don't think my thoughts would actually change your decisions but," she paused to take a deep breathe and glance towards the vampire who made her way back to her seat, "I think it's a propesterous idea." she pointed out, which made the two adventurers gasp. The royalty also stood up and walked towards Finn, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Finn and Jake, you guys are heroes." she looked at Jake then back to Finn, "And heroes have responsibilities, they save people and protect them from different sorts of danger." the girl explained.

"Just what are you telling us PB?" Jake asked again, eyes squinting at the pink girl to make her spit out what's her point. "I'm telling you that putting love before everything is....absurd." another gasp from the boys, "Think about it, there might be people out there, waiting, asking and screaming for help as we handle our personal stuff." she finished although she fixed her eyes on Marceline during the last part of her sentence, "Sometimes...you really want to have someone to be with you, to love you and kiss you but you can't...because responsibility demands sacrifice." she finished once again with an exhausted sigh.

Truth to be told, she also have that one
"someone" whom she can't be with yet she'd been with once. Infact there are times that she stares up the night sky on her room's balcony and wonder if ever that "someone" would appear out of nowhere once again and sweep her off her feet just like before. When they were together.

[[i don't mind lengthy posts
:D !))

Marceline Abadeer

Vampire Queen

Marceline closed her mouth, listening to the princess's response. Of course she found it 'absurd' that Finn wanted to put love in front of everything else. She looked up when Bonnie when the girl had made eye contact with her. The vampire didn't even try to hide her eyeroll. Deep down the vampire queen was bitter and unforgiving of Bonnibel. After all, her heart was broken just because she wasn't the princess's number one priority. If she wasn't number one, Marceline believed that she was just Bonnie's problem. I'm sorry I'm not made out of sugar... am I not sweet enough for you? Her mind reeled through stacked memories of all the times they had hung out. All dissed just because she had to maintain her duties as Princess. Hogwash. "-But PB..." Finn began, trying to state his side of the argument.

1333271571397830_animate.gif

The vampire rolled her eyes once more when she saw the blonde's facial expression. Finn was blushing, his eyes trained on Bubblegum. That moron had thought that Bonnie was talking about him. Marceline knew better, and she caught her ex's drift. Finally speaking in defense of Finn and Jake, she shrugged.
"Man, Bonnie.. You're a party pooper.. Learn how to have a little fun..." She stuck her tongue out before continuing on as she built her case. "Yeah, yeah.. responsibility requires sacrifices.. yeah, yeah. Boring. But some times responsibility isn't nearly as important as the sacrifices you make. Let Finn go out. Live life."

Finn nodded, looking up at the pink lady. "Please princess... I love this Kingdom and everyone in it... but what if during the adventure I cross more citizens in need?" He asked, trying to be the heroic figure everyone deemed him to be. Personally Marceline just saw him as a toy to play with. She smirked, nudging the blonde boy who finally got rid of his flushed face. The vampire thought that Finn had provided Bonnie with a rather nonsupporting piece of evidence so Marceline decided to continue talking to help persuade the girl.

"When was the last time you let your heart decide, Bonnie? You can't coop up Finn in this crowded cavity-filled kingdom!" She added the last part just to get a reaction out of PB. "I mean this walking piece of food already has a wife and children.. now let Finn go out and try to have a chance at real life. It's not like he's leaving and never coming back..." Marceline pointed out as she flew next to Bonnibel and sat by her. Instantly she could smell the sweet bubblegum flavor radiating off of the girl. The vampire frowned, realizing that Bonnie always smelled better than that douche she dated after they broke up. Ash always smelled like oil or tar.

"Yeah!" Finn agreed eagerly, for the first time in his life he agreed with the vampire. He walked to the other side of the princess. "Please Princess...." He begged, looking eye to eye with her. "I promise that we won't be long!"

[[ Haha, great then! ]]

Princess Bubblegum

With an eye twitch towards the vampire queen's way who was supporting Finn with his silly idea for an adventure, Bonnibel sat back on her seat again, face showing signs of irritation and frustration. And Marceline was acting so bitter too with all her eye rolls and it seems like she's having fun poking her around, much to her dismay. The boy on the other hand hand though flushed red as he must have once again thought she's talking about him, Bubblegum told herself not to cringe at him.

tumblr_m807l5gCJ21qfy2kdo2_r1_500.gif

Although her attention was once again taken by the vampire when she called her a 'party pooper', in which Bubblegum's response was an eye roll. And as she continued making comment about sacrifices and responsibilities as if it's something to be taken lightly, she couldn't help but feel hurt,
"What do you know about responsibilities and sacrifices Marcy?" she spat bitterly at her ex-lover as her eyes settled on the other female's own pair of orbs. She doesn't really want to provoke her or anything but hearing her say it like that, like it's something so simple and that Bubblegum didn't cry and frustrate herself over it almost every night was so... flipping bananas!

She was too focused on the vampire to even hear what the young boy has to say. Seriously, if these boys weren't as naive and as oblivious as a hard rock they'd already figure out that the two of them had a relationship before. A deep one.
"I did. I have let my heart decide once and it didn't go too well Marceline." she retorted, although she herself should be the most mature one here but if Marceline's going to keep acting this way, Bubblegum wouldn't be able to keep calm and be mature about this.

And again, the female undead made her way to sit next to the pink monarch princess, Bonnibel couldn't help but glance towards her ex and she caught glimpse of her frown. Which she definitely has no idea where it might have came from.

"-I promise that we won't be long!" the desperation in Finn's voice was painfully obvious that the princess had no choice but to sigh, roll her eyes and flow along with it. "I knew my thoughts on this would even matter...." she muttered to herself before raising an eyebrow at Jake who was grinning at her toothily. "Jake?" she called out to the now-giggling magical dog, "Pbubs, did you have another boyfriend except Mr.Creampuff before?" he popped his questions as he wiggled his eyebrows and in return the princess only stared at him for a matter of time before biting on her bottom lip.

"I knew it!" Jake snapped his fingers and Finn felt himself gasp loudly and stare at the royalty with eyes so wide that it might jump out of his skull any minute now. "Whaattt!? What was he like?" the boy stood up from his chair as he bombarded her with variety of questions concerning her past "boyfriend".

"Marceline do you know about this too?" Finn turned his head to look at his other female best friend and send her questions too. Princess Bubblegum couldn't help but fidget a bit due to nervousness and tad bit of discomfort. Cause who wants to make their ex describe themselves to their friends.

Marceline Abadeer

Vampire Queen

giphy.gif

Marceline didn't have much to say in regards to PB's impulse comment, being caught on the part that the girl had actually referred to her as 'Marcy'. She had heard the nickname many times before, but it sounded weird when it came out of Bonnie's mouth. It was almost like they were dating again. She pressed her lips together, shrugging slightly. "Oh, my dear Bonnie.. I know all about responsbility. The real question is if I really care or not... and it's pretty clear that I don't care at all." The only responsibility she ever really tried to follow was saving Simon, and that was still a working process. One day he'd remember them. Even if that was the last thing she did. She felt tears nipping at her eyes, but they were easily hidden by her smirk.

Honestly, Marceline was questioning the I.Q of the two boys when they didn't catch onto her own drift. They obviously didn't even consider the fact that the two girls had once been together.
'I did let my heart decide once and it didn't go too well, Marceline.' Bubblegum's words made her already dead blood go cold. Was that the princess's way of telling her that she didn't care about their previous love? Not even in the least?

DNGF5Tf.gif

She frowned, not caring that PB had seen it. The vampire queen's eyes fell on the magical dog as a look came across his face, revealing that he obviously was onto something. Marceline held her breath effortlessly as she waited for his response. She let out the breath when she heard Jake's ridiculous question. He was on the right path... but 'boyfriend'? No. Not even. Girlfriend? Oh yeah.

As she suspected, Finn was quick to jump questions onto Bonnie about her mysterious 'boyfriend'.
'Marceline do you know about this, too?" The blonde's question quickly kicked her out of her thoughts. Instantly a smirk spread across her face to alert PB that this was about to be trouble.

"Of course I did. In fact I knew him quite well. Honestly, he was quite the charmer. Great hair, great personality, great talents, just great for Bonnie in general. One day he left the town because PB here chose her responsibilities of being princess over him. Yeah, you know how that goes. It's a shame, Finn." She added the last part to throw a bone in for him. Obviously Finn was a little jealous considering his visible crush on Bonnie. "Ya know, Finn? He kind of reminded me of you."

Jake and Finn glanced back at each other before the boy stood up with his sword. He seemed to have forgotten the fact there was another ex that belonged to Bonnie because of that last sentence. The poor boy thought he had a chance with the princess. It actually was sad to watch. "Mathematical!"

Princess Bubblegum Bonnibel

The Ruler of the Candy Kingdom

giphy.gif

Bonnibel rolled her eyes at the vampire queen when she responded that she does in fact know all about responsibilities but she just don't care about them. "And that makes you irresponsible dear Marceline." the bubblegum girl countered as she squinted her eyes at the vampire queen. But one thing got her though, when Marceline had that look on her eyes again. No matter how wide her smirk becomes, Bonnibel will always notice it. She will always notice that her past lover was holding her tears back in again, perhaps one could say it's because they've been together for a long time and she just know every single thing about Marceline. But of course, she could always be wrong.

And PB also didn't miss that frown, she simply frowned back in response although her mind was asking her on what caused the vampire to frown. She thought the vampire must have misunderstood what she meant by that once more.

And what made the princess frown even harder was Marceline's reply to Finn and her telling him that Bubblegum's boyfriend was just like him back then. But what made her heart clench itself painfully was when the other female said that she chose her responsibility over her lover. It was true, it was a fact. She did choose her duties over her personal wants. But Marceline makes it sounds like she's the bad guy. What was she supposed to do? Be unfair with Marceline when they were still together? Stay being her lover yet never be able to spend time for her? Princess Bubblegum knew that she must let Marceline go because it would be unfair for her. She can't just let the vampire sit all day and wait for her as she handles her duties can she? Of course she wanted Marceline to be happy, even if that means being happy without her.

Because Marceline would always feel alone and never be happy if she keeps being with her.

tumblr_moro0zC9C31rkiy6bo4_500.gif

"You know I had to choose my responsibilities over the person I love, Marceline." she pointed out as if it was an obvious truth just before Finn sprang up his seat and yell "Mathematical!", the boy is probably having his hopes uh again. After his break up with the flame princess, the young one was back in pursuit of her again- much to her dismay. "Don't you guys need to get going? I thought you have an adventure you needed to go to." she sighed. Jake just looked at her, and from the looks of it- it looks like the male dog already have an idea of what's going on and who's the person behind this boyfriend.

"Uh, yeah I think we need to go Finn." he scratched his head before nudging the boy.[/imageFloat]​

Marceline Abadeer

Vampire Queen

Despite how much she tried to avoid it, Marceline did have to admit that she was a little harsh on her description of Bonnie's 'boyfriend'. She knew that she would never really be mature compared to her ex's status. The vampire queen knew that she wasn't even close to be the perfect cut out of 'responsible'. Her emotions were off the hook, and uncontrollable like a majority of the things that she said. 'And that makes you irresponsible dear Marceline." She frowned, knowing that all Bonnibel did was speak the truth.

tumblr_mmjlezHXXc1s06rf6o1_500.gif

"Yeah, you're right. You did have responsibilities that you needed to head to. I just wish that you could have been proud of him when he offered to stay in the kingdom and help duties... and I guess you're right... That fella.. wonder what adventures he's been getting himself into lately." Marceline said, glancing at Finn and Jake. Obviously the dog had caught on about Marcy and Bonnie's previous relationship. But the vampire smirked when she realized that Finn was too innocent or cloud-minded to catch the countless clues that the girl had dropped.

"We do need to do some adventuring, princess! C'mon, Jake!" Finn put on his signature green book bag, motioning for the dog to shrink and stay in his shirt pocket. He blushed a shade of red, glancing at Bonnie. Truthfully Marceline wasn't really that worried about Finn's crush on Bubblegum. She knew that there was no way that a woman of her status - and age - would go out with the young and immature boy.

Honestly? At this point and time Marceline only deemed herself being fit to date Bonnie. Compared to all the suitors, and Finn, Marcy was positive that if Bubblegum was ever looking for a date she'd be the first one the princess would ask. Surely, it was a bit forward thinking but it honestly didn't do any real harm.

Once the two boys had left, Marceline turned to her side to face Bubblegum in the rather silent room. She floated next to the princess, knowing that most likely the royal lady was probably upset with her. The girl sat down, nodding slightly. "So Bonnie.... do you ever think about those nights we'd gaze at the stars? That time I took you to a hard core concert and bought you a dark shirt? The time you helped me find a floppy hat? You know... the good 'ol times... She wondered, glancing at the girl. She knew if one thing was certain- Marceline always thought about the memories.

Princess Bubblegum Bonnibel

Bonnibel never looked Marceline in the eye as she said that she hoped that PB was proud of that fella and she wonders where he's now. She kept her eyes fixed on the table as she continued listening to her ex-lover. She really need- no, they really, really need to talk about this. Right now. So the fact that the boys- Finn and Jake finally decided to get going on their little adventure in search for 'love' made her happy.

"Just be sure to come back safe and sound!" she called after them, she still need those two to save their castle don't she? And she needs to keep those two safe so they can continue being her kingdom's loyal protector, and that's why the pink princess put a tracking device on their shoulders. Because she's PB and she spies on everyone.

But that relief was later replaced by nervousness as Marceline began speaking once more. As she started drowning her with those bliss-filled memories. As Marcy made her remember the best memories of her existence- when they were still together.
"It's not that easy to forget Marceline. And how could I even forget about it? Those we're my best memories." she sighed as her orbs finally met Marceline's own genuinely. And as if on cue, her brain started remembering those exact same precious moments the vampire queen have mentioned. And the same old feelings she can never get rid of came back to her like a surging wave.

tumblr_inline_mxh7ag9QqB1ryh89t.gif

All the memories she collected with Marceline was still fresh in her mind, as if it happened only yesterday. She still remembers that time when they drove a car without liscence and got almost sent to jail together, those times when Marceline would invite her to watch their band's gig, when they would count the stars on the night sky together and laugh at how silly that is, and last but not the least those times when she would sweep her off her feet and carries her into the air with gentleness as if she was the most precious thing.

Ah, it's such a shame that she had to let it all go. To let Marceline go. Because after all, making sacrifices is where Bonnie excells. And speaking of that beloved shirt of hers, didn't she sacrificed it for Marceline's hambo too? She hugged herself as she refused to cry in front of the one she truly loves,
"I'm glad you see them as good ol' times." she smiled to herself. At least the vampire had fun while they were still together, or at least when she still had the time for her.

_bubblegum_and_marceline__by_xanichanx-d5id00x.png

Marceline Abadeer

Vampire Queen

Marceline had promptly waited until the two legendary 'Ooo' heroes had left. She even waited after PB's farwell to Finn and Jake to talk. 'Just be sure to come back safe and sound!' Marceline paused, wondering how the dauntless human would get hurt. Yet, it didn't take her long to put two with two and figure out. Nobody was truly safe in Ooo. It was a madhouse all around the town, the only glue keeping all the Kingdoms together was Bonnie. The vampire remembered a time before the princess was crowned, and how it was a wasteland. The mere thought made the girl frown even further.

Despite the thoughts, she brightened up when she heard Bonnie refer to their relationship as her 'best memories'. All the countless times they were together resurfaced her mind as she locked eyes with the pink princess. Slowly, she nodded, breaking eye contact with the girl. Still, the vampire couldn't deny the sinking features on Bonnibel's face when she mentioned the shirt. Marcy frowned slightly.

The princess had given up the shirt for her. To save her Hambo. That was one thing that Bonnie was undeniably good at- hiding her feelings for the sake of a sacrifice. She was a strong ruler, and deep down Marceline knew that she couldn't ever truly make the sacrifices the princess did. "Of course, they are the best memories..I just wasn't as strong as you. I couldn't discard them. I still can't..." She said, frowning when she had heard Bonnibel's response about the memories.

"Yeah, I do think of them as the 'good ol' times'. I mean, I was able to hug you without any awkwardness..." With that, she leaned in and picked up the princess in her arms, lifting them both off of the ground a little. She stared down at the girl, hugging her slightly. "Have you ever thought about reliving those moments? I mean... Finn's not here.... and neither is Jake.... and the castle is in better shape than it was when we were dating... we can turn those regrets into something better... something new..."

Marceline bit her lip, blush rising onto her cheeks. She wasn't sure how the princess was going to respond to her forward thinking. All the vampire could wish for was that Bonnie didn't banish her from the grounds for the flirting actions. But she couldn't- no, she wouldn't- do that... would she? The girl wondered, slightly worried about the other's answer.

Author's Note Sorry for the delayed response! I was away from my laptop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back