• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Advanced Partner for Gothic Fantasy

Obsidianserpent

Hey peeps! I'm currently looking for a RP partner interested in advanced Rping to help me design a dark, light magic fantasy. I've been RPing for a long time; I'm looking for a literate partner who puts detail and thought into their posts. I don't require that my partner post everyday; I value quality over quantity. I want to create a world in which multiple RPs can take place.

I want this to be a light magic fantasy; magic is a real and powerful force in the universe, but it's poorly understood and feared by nearly all. I want the magic to be mysterious and subtle (no elves or magic missiles in this RP). I will play a pagan Skin Walker, someone with the ability to possess the minds of animals and control their actions, and perform certain rituals. The RP will take place across two continents, all of the following is open to suggestion:

• Vogos: Continent to the west. The land is covered by moors, fields, forests, mountains and tundras in the north. The continent has four seasons, each lasting several years. The continent is dominated by two forces, the Kingdom of Mallister and the pagan forest tribes. Slavery is outlawed. The forest tribes and the crown have been at war for decades, with the tribes people being forced deeper and deeper into the forests. There is unrest within the Mallister empire. A sickly malaise has fallen over king Daman. He solely takes counsel from his right hand. Mogheis is a zealous and militant priest from the east who has started an inquisition within the kingdom, torturing and slaughtering any who disobey the commandments of the Sightless God. Consequently, several powerful houses have defected, entering into a tentative alliance with each other and the pagan tribes, promising them the right to inhabit their lands in peace once the throne is overtaken. They've also sought the assistance of warriors and mercenaries from the eastern continent of Jahar. Civil war afflicts the continent of Vogos.
  • Jahar: Continent to the east. The land is covered by deserts, rocky wastes, swamps and jungles. Ruled by three wealthy and powerful city states. Slavery is legal and commonplace. The continent has experienced an exceptionally long period of famine and drought. The wealthiest within the city states have holed themselves up within their fortified palace keeps where they hide from the angry and starving masses. Many have fled to the Vogos or the Corsair Isles who have managed to reply upon fishing to survive. Unable to house or feed the refugees, riots have begun to emerge in these cities as well, with the Corsairs murdering hundreds at the gates (I still need to design this continent further)
    *I'm currently working on a World Map.

Our characters would start out as warriors of the rebel alliance. The Alliance needs to gather more information on the dark priest Mogheis and his mysterious god. A powerful artifact known as the Oracle's Eye lies buried beneath an ancient monastery. It's powers of divination are said to be able to pierce physical and magical barriers of any kind. Our characters are ordered to investigate the monastery and retrieve the artifact. We soon discover however that the Crown and the Rebel Alliance aren't the only force competing for dominion of Vogos...

Anyways, sorry that was so long. Hopefully you can see that I've put some thought into this. If you're a dedicated RPer and this piques your interest, please PM me. I hope to hear from some of you!

P.S. below is a sample of my writing style:

It was an unusually stormy night, even for the jungles of Kehjistan. The Mage Zoltun Kulle approached the three Soul Stones which stood in the center of the intricate pentagram which had been carefully etched upon the ground. The stones emitted a subtle energy that sent a chill down Kulle's spine. It was a sensation he'd grown familiar with; understanding the stones had become an addiction of sorts. Never before had he come across artifacts of such incredible power. He yearned to uncover their secrets. A stone which could trap the essences of both angels and demons; with such a tool, humanity could finally rise against the forces of heaven and hell, and unlock the power of the Nephalem. Indeed, with a sufficient knowledge of the stone's properties, he could perhaps create a new and more powerful artifact, capable of trapping multiple demonic and angelic souls within a single stone. Such an experiment would be costly however, and Kulle had spent several months slaving away in quiet study, tirelessly investigating the mysterious stones.

A grin spread across his face as he stretched forth his hand and began to recite the incantation. The pentagram upon the ground began to light up in flames. Kulle pulled a sharp dagger from his belt, and slid it across the palm of his hand, letting blood upon the three stones below. The blood sizzled as it came in contact with the surface of the stones, emitting plumes of smoke. The wind began to steadily increase, before eventually tearing apart the small jungle shack in which he resided. The rain and wind beat against Kulle's skin, as smoke continued to rise from the vibrating stones. Kulle took a deep breath, before extending his hand once more. Suddenly, the stones began to rise from the ground. The red, yellow and blue artifacts began to glow, before emitting a tremendous pulse of energy. Kulle quickly muttered an incantation, transmuting arcane energy into a thin but resilient field of force. While the magical shield absorbed some of the force, the film of energy quickly dissolved from the impact of the shock wave, knocking Kulle off is feet and shredding the nearby plants and vegetation.

Kulle's face filled with anger and disappointment. He'd tried hundreds of arcane experiments, and while he'd learned much about the stones' capabilities, he'd yet to unlock the true secrets of their creation. To uncover the secrets of the Soul Stones was to discover the recipe to immortality.

Footsteps could be heard in the distance. A Horadrim Acolyte, clad in brown robes approached Kulle, who was struggling to regain his footing. "Brother Kulle..." "What!?" Kulle quickly snapped, clearly frustrated. "The recruits have arrived....they await your instruction at the docks...". Kulle snarled, pulling himself to his feet with the aid of his large ornate battle staff. "Very well...I'll be there shortly..." Kulle muttered. His Horadric brother bowed slightly, before retreating into the jungle thicket. Kulle picked up the Soul Stones and placed them within a Horadric Cube before locking it magically, ensuring their safety. His experiment had failed but Kulle was determined to keep trying. He could give up now, not when he was so close to a breakthrough. But his work could wait for the time being. With another invocation he opened up a shifting portal to the docks. As he stepped through the swirling vortex, he couldn't help but wonder what to expect from his new recruits. Kulle had selected some of the most skilled combatants in Sanctuary. Still, the task before them was daunting, and the stakes were incredibly high. He could only hope that he'd chosen wisely...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, this seems really cool. I would like more information though on the boundaries of the whole magic aspect and a few clarifications such as the class/species of those who inhabit the world, but I like the idea most definitely! Would you like an rp sample?

I would love a sample; just go ahead and PM it to me :) . I already have one player who's committed but I wouldn't be opposed with there being three of us total. As for the magic level; think Game of Thrones. Magic is real and powerful, but uncommon, subtle, and widely misunderstood. What I don't want is fireballs, magic missiles, or any other the other stereotypical glass canon magic in many fantasies.

The only race is human; there are different ethnic groups however. If you play a character native to Vogos, you can be a southerner (typically light hair, brown eyes, and fair skin), a northerner (pale skin, dark hair, light eyes) or a pagan tribesmen (same complexion as northerners). If you play a character native to Jahar, you can be from any of the three great city states. I'm still working on designing the continent of Jahar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen Game of Thrones but I think I have the first book and I've read the first few chapters. I can read more of it so I can better understand it. I'll pm you a sample soon, I'm on mobile right now so it's a bit hard to do, aha.

No worries, I'm still working on the RP anyways. Here's the map of Vogos if you want to take a look.
Vogos_Final.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back