• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Adoption RP Idea (Detailed)

PunkPrince

Elder Member
My requirements:
-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be advanced. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling, grammar, and detail. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation, or use long run on sentences I'll most likely drop the thread or ignore the request to RP with me. Everyone makes mistakes, and I understand that, but if you can't manage basic grammar then please don't ask to RP with me. If you can't think of what to reply with, PM me and I can add a bit more. I would prefer you to match my length.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't Rped on a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please PM me first.

My Idea:
I would play the parents (Eva and Kennedy) and their adopted children (Jupiter, Hugo, and Ronan), and you would play the twins that they adopt.

Eva and Kennedy met nearly ten years ago. Two transgender women who performed as drag queens in a local bar, Kennedy had fled home to get away from her abusive brother, and Eva was kicked out by a father who didn't support her transition. They fell in love, and several years later, took in three queer teenagers who had been abandoned by their families, Jupiter, Hugo, and Ronan.

Deciding that they wanted to adopt again through a more traditional route, and a few weeks later they visited with a social worker at a foster home. The couple took a seat, and explained to the agent that they were looking to adopt a young child so they could enjoy the experience of raising a child. The agent had pulled out the files of multiple children and was discussing which one they thought would fit the best in their household when the door to the woman's office opened, revealing two children.

Approximately twelve years old, they appeared to be twins, mangy and dressed in flimsy clothing that was barely suitable for the cold winter winds blowing outside. While the agent quickly moved to talk with them (it appeared that they'd been left with a new home a month or so prior and had ran away to come back to the facility), and Eva and Kennedy knew immediately that they needed to take these children, whose timid demeanor reminded them so much of Hugo, their youngest son.

The social worker explained that the pair had been rescued from an abusing household many years ago, and not a a single household they'd been placed in since had been suitable. They were close to needing to be separated to find homes. She warned that the twins might be difficult to care for due to all of their issues, but Eva and Kennedy signed the papers anyway.

The next week, the twins arrived at their large house, looking just as ragged and dirty as the last time the couple had seen them. The children were timid and wary. The couple were determined to help the children work through their trauma and provide them with a good proper home where they could finally be safe and loved.

My Characters (links lead to extended bios):
Eva Robins: A transgender woman and drag queen, also Kennedy's wife. She is gentle and soft spoken.

Kennedy Piane: Another trans woman and drag queen. Eva's wife. She is more fiery and easy to irritate, but does love her children nonetheless.

Jupiter O'Neal: The eldest of Eva and Kennedy's children, but the last to come live with them. They are calm and responsible, and usually the one to take charge first.

Ronan Price: Eva and Kennedy's adoptive son and Hugo's twin brother. Ronan is the more upbeat and positive twin.

Hugo Price: Eva and Kennedy's adopted son and Ronan's twin brother. Hugo is extremely anxious and is generally very quiet. He sticks close to Kennedy or his twin the majority of the time. He has Cystic Fibrosis.

Hello! I'm very interested in this. Would you like a few sample posts and my character profiles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back