• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Across the States and Back(One Female Spot)

newcreate.php

Day 1/9:10 A.M./ San Diego CA

"Yeah she lives by the highway so we can make a quick stop. "Jerylin said over Nirvana playing from the speakers and the discussion going on about what movie to watch. She stuck her tongue out at Radke's comment about her taste in movies. Okay maybe it was true, but her love for black and white films was unbreakable. "I'm going to try her again." Jerylin stood up from the couch and headed towards the back of the RV to make the call. She punched in the numbers on her old flip phone and waited for the dial tone since she had an old phone it took a while for the call to get connected.

The ringing started. *ring* Jerylin paced around while bobbing her head to the bass rhythm from the song while keeping an ear out for the movies. "Oh I love Moulin Rouge!" She shouted back at Day who was taking movies out. *ring* Jerylin leaned against the RV wall. If she had a phone with a cord this would be the moment that she would be twirling the cord around her finger. *ring* *ring*

A small sigh of desperation escaped out of Jerylin. "God I swear this woman is going to-- You've reached Ophelia's voicemail, please leave your message after the tone.*tone* "B*tch I'm growing impatient if you don't f*cking pick up this phone now I'm gonna go Esben on you. Jerylin smashed her phone closed and stomped back to the couch. She looked down ashamed of her little scene and mumbled an apology. It wasn't often that she lost her temper, but when she did, well lets just say her and Esben have been friends for a while so he sort of rubbed off on her. "So! Movies! She said happily trying to divert the attention away from her outburst.

Last edited by a moderator:

newcreate.php

"Okay, Vince, you're gonna have to direct me to Ophelia's house, I've never been." Oliver floors the gas pedal, the RV lurching forward. There is no denying it, this thing is a monster! Oliver thinks to himself. He almost crushes a flower bed (earning a dirty look from a park staff member), but evens himself out and gets the hang of it relatively quickly. Oliver is a pretty good driver.

"You guys are ridiculous. That's like forgetting the Beatles and giving their spot of infamy to One Direction, no offense to The XX or The 1975. Sure, Kurt offed himself, but that doesn't mean we should stop listening to their music. Plenty of bands have missing members, but we still listen to and respect them, like Queen." He pauses for a moment. "Sorry, I'm very defensive of my music. And I don't care which movie we watch, I love them all. Especially The Breakfast Club." He grins sheepishly, cruising through the streets.

After driving for awhile, he lets his grip on the wheel loosen, confident he won't run someone over or crash. "Let's go to 30 Seconds to Mars land!" He shouts, turning on The Kill. This song always puts him in a good mood. "And then we'll go to Panic! At The Disco land, and then Cage The Elephant land, after that Red Hot Chili Peppers land, and then probably Arctic Monkeys land. Just to let you know what torture you're in store for. You're probably not going to like this, Kierra."

@sparkling

@Rise of Albion

@Four The Magician

newcreate.php

"The only thing you have to do now is following this road, at the end you take the right and then it's number three. Piece of cake!" He said as he turned back around in his seat, sitting the right way now. Olivers music taste isn't that bad at all, i mean the Red Hot Chilipepers are great, and so are Panic At the Disco and the Arctic Monkeys. Still no Ophelia in the RV so it was just hoping she was home, otherwise they had to go without her. A bit weak if she just were gone without telling one of others. But she was probably just at her home.

He heard the others discussing about which movie they were going to watch. Since he sat there in the front of the RV he had to sit in a not really comfortable position to see the movie. Then he could watch a part from it but not everything because it would probably going to hurt somewhere if he sat weird for a long time. "Spiderman is a good movie, lord of the rings too but if you didn't saw part one and two first it's kinda hard to understand what's happening"

Later he heard Jerylin losing her temper for a bit when she was trying to reach Ophelia. He turned around in his seat to see what else was happening there and couldn't help it to laugh lightly. "Jerylin you get funny when you loose your temper, I'm gonna go Esben on you, amazing". He chuckled softly, leaning with his chin on the seat again. But he always thought Esben was a bit funny too when he was swearing and stuff. Why was a good question but he just couldn't help it.

newcreate.php

"Okay, thanks Vince." Oliver relaxes as he gets comfortable with driving the RV. He doesn't mind driving at all, it is an activity he enjoys. Especially when he gets to choose the music.

After a few 30 Seconds to Mars songs, namely The Kill, This is War, and Kings and Queens, he switches to his Panic! At The Disco songs. "I'm going to start with I Write Sins not Tragedies (so mainstream, I know)," He laughs a little, gesturing to his glasses before continuing, "and then you guys can call them out. I have like virtually every song, so let me know if there's a P!ATD song you specifically want to hear." He turns on I Write Sins Not Tragedies. He knows it is their most popular song, everyone has probably heard it at least once. But it was the first Panic! At The Disco Song he'd ever heard, and that has to count for something.

Before he knows it, he is right in front of Ophelia's house. Jumping out of the RV, he walks up to the door, where a note on a plain sheet of paper is taped. The house seems vacant and abandoned. The note reads:

Sorry, but I won't be able to make the trip because of a nasty turn of events. You guys have fun and I will hopefully see you in the fall! -Ophelia

"That sure sounds like Ophelia," He muses quietly to himself. Grabbing the note, he hops back in the RV, settling into the driver's spot. "Sorry guys, but Ophelia isn't going to make it. She left us a note." He tosses the note into the back, where the majority of his friends sit.

"So, Vince, I'm getting on the highway, right?" He heads to the highway, pretty sure that that's where he's supposed to go, but having his copilot's reassurance is never a bad thing.

"HERE WE GO!" He yells as Brendon Urie finishes facing these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality- again.

@sparkling

@NessieAlways

newcreate.php

After helping strap the board onto the roof, Esben followed Vince down. Well, by follow he actually more of leapt from the roof to land in a patch of grass next to the RV. Hitting the ground, Esben muted the shock of the fall by rolling forward and springing to his feet. He then headed into the RV, throwing open the door and jumping up to sit on the counter by the sink. It wasn't long before they started off, the others talking about music or movies as he rummaged through the cabinets nearest him to pull out a bag of chips. The satisfying crunch of crispy potatoes met his ears as he began to eat. He had nearly downed most of the bag by the time they reached Ophelia's house.

"F*ck." Esben mumbled, grabbing at the note to look it over. "Leave it to her to stand us up, what bullsh*t." Throwing the note lazily onto the table, Esben rolled up the chip bag and threw it back into the cabinet. He had expected the drama queen to be a handful but to completely ditch them, that was a bit low.

newcreate.php

The Ballad of Mona Lisa automatically begins to play as Oliver gets on the highway. Esben's cursing seems to reflect all of their thoughts at the moment. But Oliver, being himself, is determined not to let the trip fall into a quiet mood.

"Um, guys...where exactly am I headed?" He asks, because honestly he has no clue. Driving on the highway is fairly straightforward, but he does need to know what exit to get off on. As he naturally shifts position, he feels the key on his necklace fall against his chest with a soft thump. It reminds him of all that has happened within the past year.

Roughly a year ago, Oliver's father was diagnosed with brain cancer of the worst kind. His sister was distraught, but for a far different reason than Oliver. For his sister, being the smart girl she is, is researching doctors and treatment whereas Oliver knows his dad's time is running out. And there is something very important that needs to be said before his father leaves this Earth. In his family, only his sister knows about his homosexuality, and Oliver isn't quite sure about how to let his parents know. How can you just tell your deeply religious and traditional parents that your sexuality isn't exactly what they thought it was for the past 23 years? How can you rock their world like that? Finding the answer to that question is something that Oliver has devoted the last year to, and something that he hopes he will find on this enlightening road trip.

His parents have absolutely no idea of the bombshell that needs to be dropped. In fact, Oliver's father gave him the key necklace because he thought Oliver was depressed about becoming the man in the family. And so the necklace serves as a reminder of the things that need to be said, of the time that is swiftly ticking away. And every time the tarnished key bounces against his 'Save Ferris' T-Shirt, Oliver thinks of an hourglass, the grains of sand slowly ticking away until there are none left. These thoughts are what made Oliver so silent, and gave everyone else the oxygen to say something, anything, to break the eerie stillness in the RV.

newcreate.php

Day 1/ 10:00 A.M./ Leaving San Diego CA

Jerylin was a bit pissed at Ophelia. She should have expected something of this sort from her, but she always like to see the best in people. Anyways there was nothing she could do about it, so why worry right? On the bright side there would be more space and more food. Soon enough the worry and anger of being ditched turned into excitement as Oliver made his way to the highway. "You take the next exit Oliver and then just continue straight till we reach out destination."

Trying to keep her mind off of things, Jerylin went and sat down next to Esben and reached into his bag of chips, "Don't mind if I do." She said in a chirpy voice. "So what are we going to end up watching? I suggest 'Sullivan's Travels' with Veronica Lake. It seems adequate enough since we're also going out to explore life, but that's just my suggestion. I have a whole case filled with dvd re-make of the greatest classics of all time!" Jerylin could have gone on and on about her old school films, but she knew that no one in this RV appreciated true cinematic beauty.

Re-Group!

We're already on the highway heading to our first destination Las Vegas!

The trip from the highway to Vegas is about 4 hours, so our two hour driver/co-pilot change will be in Barstow, CA. We can do a lunch break since it will be close to noon. If you want to suggest fast food places to stop at or just go for gas station food comment on the OOC please!

Next Stop Barstow, CA.

barstow.jpg

@sparkling @YoungDreamer

newcreate.php

"Okay, easy enough." Oliver says as he smoothy guides the RV off the highway. The RV is, surprisingly, much easier to drive than some of the cars he'd encountered before. Oliver feeds off of Jisa's enthusiasm, shaking him out of his daze. He decides he doesn't want to listen to Panic! At The Disco anymore right after Lying is The Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off plays. He switches to Cage the Elephant, the first song alphabetically being Ain't No Rest For The Wicked. It's a fair weather fan song, but it might stir some positive responses from his friends.

Oliver listens to every word of what Jisa says, and it's obvious that she could go on forever. "You know what, even though it's illegal (and dangerous) for me to watch a movie at the present time, Sullivan's Travels sounds like a good pick. My vote goes for that." He smiles. Oliver wishes that the other road trippers would start to talk, because the silence in the RV is deafening.​

proxy.php

"Thank you!" She replied to Oliver's acceptance of movie choice. It wasn't everyday that she found someone to agree with her on a movie choice so this was a great improvement. "You guys are real debie downers you know. I'm here trying to have the trip of my life and you all diss my movies. What gives? Am I not loved anymore?" She said jokingly. Jerylin had worked so hard on planning the trip that the sudden silence on the RV made her worry. Were her friends not having any fun? Had she done something wrong? She really hoped that coming here with them hadn't been a mistake.​

proxy.php

Vince just listened to what the others wanted to see, most of the time he liked all kind of movies so. He turned back around in his seat and raised one of his eyebrows "Hey oliver do you also got some songs from the imagine dragons? Because their music is so awesome! Or the neighbourhood, green day or something like that" He leaned with his head against the window while he looked over at oliver. The imagine dragons were still one of his favourite bands ever together with chef'special. The good thing about chef'special was that not many people knew them so it was easier to get concert tickets for them.

He drummed with his fingers on his leg while he went with a hand through his hair to mess it up a bit. Why? Good question, he was starting to get bored of just sitting. He wanted to do something like sports because donig nothing for a long time wasn't something he liked. Anyway maybe he should just see if the others picked a movie yet. "Marvel movies are always awesone. But what if you just close your eyes, grab a movie and that's the one we're going to watch unless nobody likes that one"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back