• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Across the Eight Directions [Exalted 3e/Essence]

Ooh, that
I don't know how they portray it in 3e, but in 2e most Sidereals were taken in when they were kids, to be taught how the Celestial Bureaucracy works, and what their duties are supposed to be.
That said, it could simply be that your character has been in the city for several years, in several Resplendent Destinies, and has gotten to know our characters during that time. So, we would have a personal connection to you, but will only realize the true you after we Exalted.
Ooh, that's rigth. Resplendent destinies are a thing!
From looking at the manuscript, taken for training when you are young does not seem to be much of a thing. Seems like the search for a new sidereal begins when once another dies, with 'Some' being discovered before the exaltation.

So maybe Golden Boy (working title) lived in Ombrelune before exaltation, but after is also returned and lived there under a resplendent destiny. So the others could have known him both as a mortal and as whatever destiny(ies) he used? Opens up for a lot of options!

Tragically for your character, at the moment you drew your Second Breath everyone forgot who you were! So while you remember them from growing up, they haven't the faintest who you are, which probably produces a whole range of emotions for your character! Several of our characters just drew their Second Breath seconds before play began. If you want to do the same, then you've never been to Yu-Shan and the Celestial Bureaucracy will reach out to make you a job offer in short order. Your city is in flames, your people being slaughtered, and no one remembers who you are, but suddenly you have strange and incredible powers. You have no idea what's going on, except you have this even stranger intuition for what should happen next, and you know more than you know anything that it's important those things happen. Now you can create new identities for yourself, which eventually you'll come to learn people can remember, but you have to start whole new relationships with all the people you used to know.

That's not mandatory, but it's the simplest way to integrate a Sidereal into the story.

Oh right, no one remembers Golden Boy :(

I kinda like the Celestial Bureacracy but am not married to that aspect of the character. Will have a think. Am a bit saturated on the whole "Something strange happened and now you have powers, figure it out"-thing, it shows up a lot in various games and media.

Edit: I'll throw a loose concept together and post about it in the OOC thread, easier for people to figure out hooks when they have some idea of what Golden Boy will be.

I'll take some time and read up on the other characters a bit. Bronze tide = Bunch of Wyldians invading and we trying to/have stopped them, yes?
The Bronze Tide are actually a peloponnesian/phoenecian-style Sea Peoples rampaging horde of city-ships, fighting/fleeing the Wyld invasion of Spear Empress Bhadri, the baddest thing to come out of the Wyld since Balor, Battlestar Galactica style. They're currently pillaging the city you may or may not have grown up in, or both did and did not grow up in simultaneously. The Bronze Tide is tacitly supported by the Silver Pact, and counts several Pact members amongst its inner circle.
Am a bit saturated on the whole "Something strange happened and now you have powers, figure it out"-thing, it shows up a lot in various games and media.
Okay, then let's say you were indeed picked up by the Celestial Bureaucracy, or Rakan if you're feeling especially iconoclastic today. Either way, you'll have to be a bit of a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules to work with an Abyssal and *ahem* overlook the fact there are Solars on an island where Solars are Strictly Forbidden, and conveniently forget about those pesky orders to terminate any found there with extreme prejudice. So basically if you're a loyalist of the Bureaucracy, you're on secret assignment from the Gold faction to do something that, should the Bronze faction find out you are doing it, will result in a strongly worded letter of reprimand in your file and possibly a quiet daiklave to the back of the head. Or you're just on sabbatical to protect your hometown, which is a very human thing to do.

Last edited:
Oh right, no one remembers Golden Boy :(

I kinda like the Celestial Bureacracy but am not married to that aspect of the character. Will have a think. Am a bit saturated on the whole "Something strange happened and now you have powers, figure it out"-thing, it shows up a lot in various games and media.

Edit: I'll throw a loose concept together and post about it in the OOC thread, easier for people to figure out hooks when they have some idea of what Golden Boy will be.

Our ST made some interesting examples. You might also be a Sidereal who had some vested interest in the city, even if not a native of it. Perhaps he had worked a destiny over the city, and the Bronze Tide is wrecking havoc into it. He's so pissed, he comes down to the city to actively work against them, and has to decide what to do about these new Exalts in the city.

Tachyon Tachyon Another option is that your character comes from the same family as our Dragon-Blooded, and seeing the blood of Dragons once again flare, might have been the catalyst for him to want to preserve the city, and his family. And maybe turn it, in time, into a regional power by promoting the Blood of Dragons.

These are all great ideas guys! Many thanks, will have a think and come up with some unholy frankenstein of your suggestions tomorrow🙂

Hello friends it is I

I know you're full but if RW would like a cameo or finds room down the line, I have an itinerant Twilight Caste doctor knocking about who likes to show up in his mobile clinic to dispense sage advice and medicinal teas.
Until we get Infernals again and I can convert him back into a left-handed bodhisattva.
Crocodile decided to bow out due to new job time constraints. There's a spot available if you're interested, though a Twilight doctor would, *ahem*, eclipse our Wood Aspect doctor, who is also something of a tea aficionado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back