• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Academy of Lunaria: Cursed Changes (SaphireTsuki and Anafal)

"She must have... and knowing this, I can look back and see little moments, little hints of something below the surface... The problem is that having thought of her as mean and terrible my entire life, I can't think of her any other way." Agnes sniffled again and wiped her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm herself. "Thank you for listening, Saphy... I'm glad that you're here for me." Agnes sat on the bed, looking down at her hands. What should she do now?

"It... I'm glad that... at least she wasn't such a mean person." Her reasons for being alone were different, and even if she wanted to fix a rift... no. Now wasn't the time to worry about her own problems. Now was Agnes' time. Her hands gripped the fabric of her cloak, Saphire unsure of what she could say or do. "You... might come to terms with it over time, you know. I... I don't know if it's any kind of consolation, though. And... I-if you need to talk, I'm not sure what good it'll be, b-but I'll be... y'know..." Her voice trailed off, unsure of what she was trying to say.

Helpless to stop herself, Agnes gathered up the younger girl into a tight hug, taking a deep shuddering breath as she slowly gathered up her emotions and gained control of herself. "Again, Saphy, thank you for being here. I'm not sure what I would have done if I had been alone and realized what had happened."

Agnes took a look around at the piles and piles of books, a small little sigh escaping her mouth as she stared, unsure of what to do. "Well I guess I'll deal with all of this tomorrow, after class..." Agnes took another deep breath and leaned back onto her bed, closing her eyes. She had school tomorrow... Well at least she would have class with Saphy.

She nearly hugged the elder woman back, but Agnes was already pulling away before she'd moved her arms enough to do so. And she looked at all of the books, bit her lip. THat was a lot of information to keep in place for her. The room might be able to handle about half of them, but... "Y-yes. Classes. Starting tomorrow again. This... is going to be a hard year. Apparently they're going to... umm... to try to get people from each section to perform for the Palace." Not that it would matter to her. THe farther away she was from the capitol the better.

Though, for Agnes... "I... it might be a good goal for you, you know. To show that even Nulls can use magic, you know. Umm... w-wouldn't that make you as b- nevermind." It might not be a good idea to remind her of her mother. Not in a situation like that. "W-we might be able to get you a spare room for the books. I-if no-one moves in by the end of the week, I mean."

Agnes sighed softly and placed a hand on her forehead, feeling the ache in her head. Too much had happened in just a day of being here. "Another room would be welcome. I'll have to go through the books and figure out which ones I want to keep, but that can be done a bit later. As for performing for the Palace..." She sighed again. "I am a protector, I am at my strongest when there is someone I am defending. If you participate with me, then I will go. I don't want to compete alone though." Agnes was tired of being completely and always alone.

So that meant that unless some contrived stuff happened she'd be staying in the school. At least she'd be mostly alone, aside from Agnes. Who wasn't like the others, at least. "Ummm... Well then, I guess we'll just... y-yeah... goodnight." And in the most awkward way possible she looked down, grabbed her change of clothes, and went into the bathroom the two shared to change.

((Sorry for the short reply.))

Agnes sighed softly and used Saphy's escape into the bathroom to change her own clothes, ending up in a soft white nightgown that drifted down around her, bought just before she had made the trip here. In fact, it was only one of a few pairs of clothing she had, since living on the streets wasn't conducive to clothes lasting long. In fact, almost all of the clothing she had brought to this school was new, the only thing she had kept and taken good care of was the belt that Llosgi's sheath rested on. It was the only thing, aside from Llosgi himself, that she had been allowed to keep from her home.

Well, now she had all these books... Sighing softly, Agnes pushed the depressing thoughts out of her head and instead focused on what was going to happen tomorrow. This was all so new to her...

((Ok.))

She'd gone to sleep rather early, as was usual for herself. If the whole world was dimmer, the colors all more subdued, then even moonlight wasn't very pretty, and she couldn't even see the stars. Instead she would dream of skies as vivid a blue as her paints seem when she mixes them with white, of flowers that she could actually want to see, and fire that looked as beautiful as the flame mages often said they looked.

Morning came too fast for her. She woke up to see all of the various books from Agnes' new personal library. She wanted to wince, but instead she sighed and got up. Grabbing another change of clothes, into her school uniform, carefully making sure that the skirt didn't get caught on anything. Once that was done she grabbed her cloak, putting it on over the dress and drape-skirt, effectively hiding the iridescent blue skirt and petals that made up the pattern, aside from at the very bottom. Then she grabbed her bookbag, and sat down, waiting for Agnes to wake up. It was, she figured, about dawn, so she may as well get to reading one of her textbooks....

Agnes arose with the dawning of the sun, a soft sigh escaping her mouth as she recalled where she was and what this day was going to bring. Hopefully it wouldn't be a complete disaster, even though Agnes knew that she was going to mess it up somehow. Quickly changing into her regular clothes, almost the same as the ones she had been wearing yesterday, she glanced in the mirror and almost groaned at the state of her hair. But there was nothing Agnes could do about it, so she simply left her hair down and looked around to see where Saphy was.

It seemed as though the blue haired girl had gotten up before her, and was now reading a textbook while wearing.... Was that a uniform beneath her cloak? Agnes felt like a complete fool. Of course there would be a uniform, this was a prestigious school and they needed to be different from all the other schools. "Saphy, I don't have a uniform... I hate to dump all my problems on you, but do you have any idea where I can get one?" Agnes asked, a bit ashamed at her lack of a uniform. "If not, that's fine... I'll just find out from the Dorm Master after classes end..." Of course she didn't want to go see that hag again, but she would in order to stop Saphy from worrying if she couldn't find a uniform.

Saphire looked up, blinking away the faded wonders of knowledge. Her book found it's way back into the bag, and she stood up, not noticing the white of her dress had been peeking through. Once what Agnes had said, that she was missing a uniform, Saphire gasped slightly and told her "Oh, this isn't a regular uniform. The advanced students wear these, it's a way for... uhh..." As she'd been talking she started shrinking inward again, pulling up her hood slightly, "I-it's supposed to help them m-monitor the magic of students. S-so they don't do anything t-too dangerous."

Come to think of it, what color was her skirt-jacket? She couldn't tell, it looked kinda grey too her because of how dark everything was. Maybe Agnes would tell her? Except she didn't know how to broach the subject, and frankly it was a very odd question to ask. So instead she shelved the inquiry at the back of her mind, instead walking to the door. "Uh... do you n-need me to l-lead you to y-your first class, o-or were you going with me?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Agnes stiffened as Saphy told her what the uniform was for. She also recognized her lack of a uniform as the insult it was. A Null had no magic, so why would they need a uniform that tracks magic? They don't. Placing one hand on Llosgi's hilt, Agnes smiled grimly. She would show them the error of their ways. Realizing that Saphy had asked her a question, the older woman gave her a soft smile. "You don't have to be so scared of me, you know. I don't bite." Agnes also wanted to hug the young woman, but felt like that would be too much and decided against it. "As for classes - I'll just follow you to your classes, didn't we get some paperwork from the Dorm Master to transfer me into your classes anyway?" She said, struggling to remember the events of yesterday before the... book incident and subsequent spilling of history to her young partner.

((I think we did. I'll check the old pages and see what the schedule was.))

"I know, b-but it's j-just..." just very hard, but she couldn't finish that set of words, so instead she opened the door, holding her books in hand for the moment. "U-umm, we'd best hurry to breakfast. W-we've got a long day ahead of ourselves." Especially if any of the professors were going to demand Agnes take some kind of Exam before the official one.

Agnes sighed softly at the younger girl's timidness before walking through the door, making sure that Saphy was next to her before starting to head down the halls. She barely remember how to get to the cafeteria from yesterday, but she would learn the route quickly. However today Agnes relied upon Saphy as a guide, staying silent as she tried to quell her rising nervousness. "Are people nice here?" She blurted out, breaking the stillness, only to realize the stupidity of her own question. "Never mind... I saw how they treated toy yesterday. I've no doubt that my own treatment would be worse." Then she placed her hand on Llosgi's hilt, a small grin curving her lips. "But I'll enjoy teaching them a lesson about how to properly speak to young ladies such as yourself."

She almost flinched at Agnes' tone, but resisted that urge due to the single fact that her roommate's anger was NOT directed at her. Instead Saphire tugged at Agnes' sleeves, "Y-you might want t-to wait for our first class. Y-you can show how s-strong you are despite n-needing L-llosgi to draw your m-magic out." It might be a good idea to let someone challenge her to a duel, actually. At the least she might grow respected by the Artificers and Null in the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back