• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Academy of Crime - Renegades

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Tdd3lf4FHT7eGpCFcjAOuGvQCZDuFLCVk-hjzc1KDn-yQz84-UV9CoLamWej89f205lSXaU1rT9ocMO1bmhArHM3t_DcEpaoPDW4Dy2ympTCCJmwOmz3f7I383HU6wVdLoNcJQY

fJfpzKlbNk2goKDU1b7oWfkOUpifPha6NWmVRoa_FrlYENuMdcyij2iwzx_4tZWW1yJtpEojFUuTIO4mHVi5bl0Hpg_QDXUPB3FjqRDj82lX-K9AUzdfymB0bHQTc1xWvJRlrbo

The villains have finally won. Earth is now ruled by the criminal elite. And those elite have superpowers. The superheroes have lost. Most are dead, in prison originally meant for villains, or in hiding. The governments of the world have been toppled and are now run by pure evil. Humans are now their pawns. It is do as they are told - or die … or worse. And yes, there is a worse.

The end of the Golden Age of Heroes came in 2019. It is now 2037, some 18 years later and the children of these villains - and even a few heroes - or both - are coming of age. Most have been in training with their parent(s). Now it is time for them to take on higher learning. You are being prepared to be the new masters of humanity - GODS!

Yeah, that’s right. Your parents are grade A … A-holes!

But you can’t rebel against beings like your parents, their cronies, and the rest of the villains all by yourselves. You’ll need an edge. Sure, you’ll go to college, blend in like all the rest. But you’ll want to keep your eyes open for others like yourself. Maybe you can make friends and allies - your own cronies - among the human populace.

Characters

Members will need to design:

1. Their Character - spawn of a archvillain (or two), or a villain and .. Well you get the idea. Children born of only a superhero will be watched constantly. Your current parent MUST be a villain. (One character is an exception. Her parents are normal scientist - engineers, but who are being coerced to work for villains.)
  2. Their Parents as NPC’s. Be careful here as you and your friends will have to face them eventually. They need to be written well enough for ME to run them. That’s right. I intend to use your own parents as your enemies. So design them well, or I will use the power of EDIT.
  3. Any of your Parents’ Cronies / Lackies …

Characters will be starting as College Freshmen. Ages should be comparable. You brainiacs may, of course, be a bit younger, and even ahead in some areas. But the Equivalent of PE is metahuman type training. And in place of Humanities (or similar courses) there will be a course in Metahuman Law - which is all about how Humans are suppose to grovel in your presence, and how you may punish them. (Humans are now being chipped and tattooed. Some markers will ID them as working for specific villains. Punishing them may be limited to reporting them.)

ALL CHARACTERS MUST BE ORIGINAL. Yes, you may base your characters off Marvel, etc. But I haven’t read comics since 1990. (I did, however, collect and read everything during the 1980’s. I do mean everything. Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and others.)

Powers

Now I really do NOT want to limit powers, but for the sake of balance, the preservation of the RP, and roleplay-ability I have to limit or refrain from allowing certain powers. They probably exist, but not in this group.

Never Available (so don't bother asking!)

• Muscle Memory/Skill Duplication
  • Pheromones
  • Power theft or duplication

These powers are ones that may be allowed, but will definitely need discussion with the GM. Do not be surprised when I say no, especially with the more extreme concepts. For example, I’ll likely be fine with metabolism that allows one to heal several times faster than normal. But Wolverine-styled regeneration from a pulp? Also, a set of twins as a form of duplication I might listen to. Multiple Man? Probably not. Senses that offer omniscience? No. That is pretty much an RP breaker. And the mecha stuff? Even though your parents probably have some, I am looking for powers as the template to build a character.

• Magic (Very limited in terms of spellcasting stuff, but a possible background option)
  • Shapeshifting (beyond the animal or wereforms mentioned above ask for details)
  • Enhanced sensory abilities
  • Regeneration
  • Duplication
  • Time/Temporal Control (I’ll probably say no.)
  • Unearthly, paralytic beauty
  • Mechas, war machines, etc
  • Androids and cyborgs

*Note: This is not anime. I do NOT want to hear the term “bender” with regards to elemental forces. Nothing wrong with the term, but it isn’t genre.

Posting

This is a Detailed RP (as most of my RP’s are). I will accept some Casual level posts for those shorter conversation / encounter types posts. But I want good content.

A posting frequency of
3-5 times per week is expected (and not all on the weekend). The point here is not to hold up the RP. If you can’t commit to that, please do not apply.

The group MUST write together. The characters MUST interact. If you can’t do that, please do not apply.

Setting and Plot

The Academy is located right on Riker’s Island, NY. The connecting bridge is now gone. Access to the island is by teleportal from various sites all over the world. By water or flight is a good way to get blown up or shot down.

This is
NOT a school RP. That is just the backdrop of how the characters meet. This is a story of REBELLION. In other words, these young men and women are itching to take a stand against their parents. And they will gravitate towards other kids who are like minded.

NOTE: I have only established a very loose plot. Offspring of villains rebelling against the evil their parents have wrought - choosing the side of humanity. I have NOT decided HOW you will accomplish this. For starters, I haven't seen your parents' profiles. In short, you guys will have to determine the shape of the RP.

I would like the group to consider swapping their parents for others to run. Remember, your parents are Grade A .... yeah, you get the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back