• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Academia Daemonis

Nestled in the quiet hills of Scotland lies a great secret. The top mages in the world, from various walks of life, all come to study at the prestigious Academia Daemonis, the premier school for mages, as well as home to the Alliance of the Flame, a federation of various Demons that work with mages to advance the study of magic and the protection of the earth from monsters and the evil Shadow Cult, who seek to misuse the powers of magic to rule the earth. At the academy, first year students will find and make a contract with a Demon of their own. In exchange for their partnership, the demon and mage will grow together and enhance each other's powers. The ultimate goal? It is up to the pair. Will they research and perfect a new kind of magic? Will they become demon slayers and defeat the Shadow cult?

Bio

Name:

Title or known alias:

Sexuality:

Race:

Personality:

History:

Appearance:

@GardinOfEden

Name: Maxamillion Vincent Percival Pendragon

Title or known alias: Magus of the Setting Sun

Sexuality: Pansexual

Race: Human Mage

Personality: Young Maxamillion is a cunning, ambitious individual who's set in his ways and focused on his life ahead. While he can be kind, caring and affectionate at times, he masks these traits with a guile and a slightly arrogant outer shell. He does not discriminate against others, simply he holds himself to a high standard and acts accordingly.

History: Young Max was born into the most prestigious magical families in Britain, the house of Pendragon. Known as the most prominent Fire, Enchantment and Arcane mages in the northern hemisphere, the mages of his house hold both achievement and renown as high points in their family. Max, born the only child to Lord Vincent Pendragon and his wife, was destined from birth to have a promising and bright future, as head of the family and a mage in his own right.

Early in life, Max showed prowess for flame magic. Nearly burning down the family manor when he was three, his parents quickly enrolled him with a private tutor until he was able to better control his magic. After learning to do so, his parent's placed a dampener on his powers, which would be unlocked once he went to Academia Daemonis, where he would be able to explore his powers without fear of harming others.

Growing up, Max was a cordial, yet ambitious individual. Through out school he strove to not only be at the top of his grade, but to also be a leader in outside activities as well. This reputation followed him to his secondary school, where he managed to graduate early with high honors, and as a distinguished scholar as well. A year before going to the Academia, he decided to study his family's special styles of spell work, becoming very talented at both Flame and enchanting Magic. It was after this year that his parents released the seal on his powers, and granted him his full title of Mage of Pendragon. It was on this day he also earned his monicer of "Mage of the setting sun." As is tradition, Max had to spar with his father for a full minute and survive his full rage to become a mage. Not only did he survive, but he floored his father with an advanced Flame spell that used the energy of a setting sun to devastate him. Hence his Mage name, and his high esteem in a family so esteemed already.

Appearance:

fire_mage_by_anndr-d3475o2.jpg

Name: Akali

Title or known alias: Deathsinger

Sexuality: Pansexual

Race: Reaper

Personality: Cold and distant are two words that describes Akali perfectly. Akali is a focused and skilled reaper. Her silent and cold gaze and cut through your very soul. To those who accept their fate Akali offers a sweet release from the mortal realm, however she hunts down those who run from their end, delivering a violent finality. As a reaper Akali shows almost little to no emotions, she must keep this composer to successfully do her job. Though Akali can show emotions, there will be very few chance where you can even catch a glimpse of it.

History: In life Akali was heir to the throne of a powerful empire. She lived by a strict code of honor. Give those a swift death, but those who oppose this sentence shall suffer the consequences. She severed her father and mother as an assassin destroying her father's enemies and protecting the throne itself, for one day she shall be the next Queen. 

One day her mother was stricken with a terrible illness, her father tried using his magic to heal her illness, but all he could do was slow the progression. Her father then begged and pleaded for Akali to venture far into the land. To find a cure for her mother. Without hesitation Akali went off.

Akali traveled the world seeking a cure for this illness. She went to scholars, hermits, mystics, gypsies, witches, priests, monks, anyone she could find. In the end no one could help her. Finally, upon hearing talk of this at a tavern she was in, Akali over heard the talk of a blessed spell from a witch doctor. Intrigued she asks about more information of this.

When given the information. Akali set foot to her father's kingdom, but she arrived too late. Her mother was already dead and her father grief stricken. The spell Akali had would have been able to cure her mother's illness and restored her to full health. With a heavy heart Akali reapes to her room and falls to her knees.

Suddenly a flash of light and a collection of smoke swirls in her room, the man from the tavern appears before her. He tells her, "There is another way for you to save your mother, but it comes with a price." Akali laughed at this man.

"No one can reverse death." 

"Don't be so naive dearest child for there is a way. All I need is a drop of your blood." The witch doctor spoke, Akali was hesitant 'Could he be telling the truth?' she thought, but at this point all she wanted was to save her mother and so she did what was told.

"This is perfect darling." He pricks her finger with a needle and pulls out a skull. The witch doctor pulls her finger towards the skull and smears the blood on top of its forehead. The puncture on her finger is gone. The skull the witch doctor held in his hand starts to shake, then suddenly it explodes. All the shards of the bone fly towards Akali piercing her skin and there she laid dead, but her mother however woke from her eternal slumber. 

Eyes blinking Akali awoke, but felt something different. She looks at herself and she's the translucent figure she now owns. Akali now realizes what the spell has done. Given live to mother had brought her the eternal slumber her mother was fated to be and in this new life, Akali became a reaper of souls.

Appearance
Y3fW7Q8.jpg

Reaper's Abilities:

Afterlife Transportation

Eternal Rest Inducement

Fear Inducement

Necromancy

Reanimation

Death Field Projection

Life-Force Absorption

Possession

Soul Manipulation

Soul Absorption

Summoning

Weapon Manipulation

Portals

Phasing Through Objects

Last edited by a moderator:
As Maxamillion pulled up to the school in his Rolls Royce, a small smile played across his face. The castle was beautiful and expansive, with spires that rose high into the sky, and a lake that sprawled out in front of it like a gleaming emerald jewel. 'Now this is a school. I wish my lands were as magnificent as this.' Max took his own luggage and bade farewell to his Driver. He wondered till he found his way into the castle and up a spiraling staircase. It was at the top of a grand spire that he found his room. Dressed in crimson and black, the colors of his house, the room offered a small kitchen, and sitting room and study, and a bedroom with a four poster bed. Max nodded, knowing this was one of the better rooms in the castle, and that his parents had been sure to set him up well. After unpacking his clothes and books, Max sat for a moment to enjoy the dazzling view he had. A knock at the door interrupted him, and he went to open it.

It was a messenger of the school, bidding him welcome to the famous institution. Max kindly acknowledged him and was given a letter. Upon opening it he found instructions for the rest of his day. 'Please descend to the selection chamber at your earliest convenience. It is advised you wear clothing suitable for combat,  however such that should also be presentable. Your demon awaits. Max smiled, handed the letter back, and closed the door.

After dressing in his favorite sparing outfit, a long crimson robe that swirled around him, with specially enchanted threads that wove together to make a decent set of armor, he began to head to the room he would meet his new companion in. As he walked he noted that most of the new arrivals were just meeting each other and socializing. They would select their demons at a later date. Max was pleased he had been singled out for such a high honor. Finally, in the lower section of the castle, he came to a large, stone carved room, in which there was no one but a single, ghostly figure waiting for him.

@GardinOfEden

In the depths of the underworlds Akali stands at the gates that separates the living from the dead. Akali was selected by a prestigious school to become the demon of a hopeful mage. 'I wonder who will I be partnered with.' Akali patiently waits as time moves slower in the Underworld. Hours go by each soul traveling through the gate and Akali standing guard as the other reapers do as well. 'Well I suppose it's about time I should leave.' Akali's eye glow a mystic teal, a fog emits from her back and a portal to the mortal world rips open before her. She enters the portal and it closes behind her. 

Akali finds herself in a cold dark stoned room. 'Fitting.' The only thought that ran through her mind as see lay eyes on the room. Akali standing still as ever hears footsteps coming from the staircase. 'I wonder if this is who my partner shall be?' Akali patiently waits and sees a man decorated in a long robe and a set of armor that her Kamas could easily rip through. 'For a mage he would be ill prepared for an actual head on duel.' Akali thought. 

@Ilry the Dark Sage

Max gave a bow to his demon, though he new the rules quite well. He would have to earn her through combat. "Hello, My name is Maxamillion Vincent Percival Pendragon, Heir to the house of Pendragon, sorcerer of the Flame, and your partner. As per the condition of this school, I challenge you to single combat for the right of a contract between us." With that, Adrian out stretched his hand and readied himself.

"Ye light or flame, that which danceth upon the brink of reality, heed and billow forth to my will." A circle appeared in front of his outstretched hand, and fire sidgles and runes glowed as a magical circle formed. "Oh king of fire atop the mountain, that thine hammer strike true and precise I ask of thee, rend hence my foe and sunder the skies with thine glory."  the circle multiplied and became three, then Max finished his spell with a satisfied smile. "Ashes of  past, kindle and ignite in thine righteous fury!" The circles began to race towards the demon, spinning around each other and forming a huge fireball "Flame strike: Hammer of Odin!"

@GardinOfEden

Last edited by a moderator:
Akali watches as the fireball lights up the darken room. The heat phases through her and she stands still not moving a single inch from the fireball casted. Akali takes in a breath and gently blows the air back out. A ghostly air haunts the room and swirls of vapor start to rise from the ground, a portal appears underneath herself and she vanishes. She reemerges from the ground, but this time to the left side of him watching the climatic fireball collide with the stonewall. Akali casts no shadow and the fireball was large enough to cover her entire body from view. Hidden in the now dark room Akali phases through the walls gaining a full vision of the room and Max happens to be in the center. 

"Hallows hail forth." Akali calls from the underworld and rips out spirits of the dam through the walls. At least 10 spirits were called out. Once great warriors, but now dead. With swords and shields in hand they charge fourth towards Max.

Max cursed under his breath. He should have enchanted the ground to stabilize her spectral form into something more physical. Though he was more than impressed as she managed to summon ten spectral warriors in such quick succession. Adrian spun and formed a circle with recently created Ash, facing the warriors head on as he extended both hands.

"Oh serpents of the earth, thine fangs bared with crystalline hew, become thine ambition and strike down before me." Adrian clasped his hands together and bent to the earth, touching the ring of ash. Instantly ten lines of flame shot out and encircled the warriors. Max new this wouldn't hold them long, as they were also spectral in nature. However he had a trick up his sleeve; His knowledge of enchanting and arcane magic as well.

Max gestured and began to speak, his eyes locked on the ten pillars of fire. "Thy earnest and unending will, that which shakes and terrorizes the halls of Tartarus, ye, who doth walk amongst the dead, bear witness and take heed." A ring of fire erupted from where he stood and encircled most of the hall, trapping the warriors in two circle of flame. "I, that which holds the light, bade the born and rended thine deaths anew, bid ye abide and obey." by now the figures were almost free of his initial binding spell. If they broke it before he was done, he'd be in trouble. Max gulped and prayed as he finished the dismissal ritual. "Depart, evade and scatter to the four winds. Begone, no more!" The whole room lit up as he clapped his hands together. "Flame ritual: Burning Burial!"

@GardinOfEden

Akali's eyes widens a bit, but then her stoic face brings her back. Akali travels through the walls this time to his right. "Let the dark consume him and have fear replace his once pleasant dreams." A teal light flows out of every wall in the room. A thick air surrounds the Fire mage, "Let the illusion of death seek his eyes." The gas starts to grow in volume and echoed voices of the dammed emits through the walls. The wails of the countless souls screaming torments anyone who listens. "Let his soul be claimed." 

@Ilry the Dark Sage

Max's eyes light up in understanding. A curse?! He hadn't imagined the battle would extend this far, but Max chocked down his surprise as he saw the souls of the damned begin to swarm around him. He had little time to react. He remembered the three fold soul fire shield his mother had taught him before leaving. Max steadied himself, his eyes closed, then he began to speak.

"Oh flame of heart, that which kindles in me the brightness of hope, shine thine light around me and encircle the earth. Flame ward: Outer shell!" A dome of light appeared in a five foot radius of Max, staving off the initial impact of the curse. "Oh flame of mind, that which pierces the darkness of ignorance, shield my thoughts from illusion and cut through the darkness of lies! Flame ward: Inner shield!" A second dome, smaller, encircled the area inside of the first, this time about three feet wide. Max took a final deep breath and opened his eyes, which burned with determination. "Oh flame of soul, that spark that flourishes and encompasses all, protect me and my spark that shall remain after. Disspell disrepair and clarify my being. Flame ward: Soul Barrier!" Max clapped his hands together as the spell finished. "Flame Ward: Three seal shield of light!"

The darkness outside couldn't penatrate the defense spell Max put up. He was safe inside. He smiled to himself.

Akali chuckles a bit. "He just trapped himself, like a fish on a hook." Akali let this spell dance around his little barrier protecting him. "I must admit he is well in his craft." Akali in her hand forms a spear, but not just any normal spear. This very spear pierces through the very core of magic itself. It is crafted from souls of the dammed. No one can escape death and more importantly no one can a reaper. Akali moves through the shadows and this time behind him. 'No magic could stop this spear.' Akali ready her aim. She on looked at the young man infront of her. 'But today is not his day.' Akali lowers her weapon. 

The same ghostly gas surrounds her hands and her kamas appear. 'Through the shadows I strike.' Akali readies herself the haze of gas swells the entire room, not leaving one inch uncovered. In this very haze Akali waits, she exploits his stance, his posture, his composure. Her countless years she spent hunting, she could find the weakness in every encounter she faces. Akali raises forth her hand and giant palm raises from the ground below and crashes down on to the dome, the hand vanishes and so does the gas. Everything is uncovered and exposed. Akali has found 20 spots to where she could strike. 'This boy has no sense to him yet.' Akali thought, 'But he can be taught.' Akali emerges through the wall in front of him.

"I forfeit the match." She raises her kamas in the air and releases them, disappearing into thin air.

Though crushed, Max's final ward, that made of his very soul, still remained. It was incredible, the power she wielded crushed his two magical barriers like they were made of sticks. Though he was pleased his final ward stood strong, but that was only because of the nature of the enchantment. Max realized that though she forfeited, she had been the true winner. Still, his pride was not hurt much. she was a reaper, and by definition she came for all souls at some point. Max turned to her and bowed.

"Truly a well fought match. You grace me with your skill in battle, and I accept your withdrawal with grace and admiration for your skills." Max stood up again and made sure he looked as presentable as he could, though his brow was heavy with sweat from the consecutive conjuring that he had performed. "I beseech you, tell me your name and make a contract with me. We shall be more powerful than any pair we face here after!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back