• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Abyssal Party

Oceo Frose

Apprentice Magician
You’re standing in a dimly illuminated gym, glued to the floor with a magical circle, you can only see those on your right and left, but what kept your attention was a small wooden cage on front of you. With a sudden screech the cage opens up widely, specifically destroyed from its inside to release a black smoke, the lights flashed and flooded the room with its incandescence. As you became used to the now not so excessive amount of light, the smoke was slowly taking the form of a young man, with flowing hair and a black trench coat that covered most of his body, his skin was jet black, with his eyes closed like he was waiting for something to open them up as he floated above the broken wood cage.

"Well, it seems that my guests are all here. You may be asking yourselves this: "Why am I here?" "What I did wrong?" Am I right?" He said with a smirk, letting see just a glance to his jagged fang like teeth. The shadow man descended unto the wooden floor, when his feet touched the floor, a wave of coldness could be felt through your body. You tried to move frenetically to slightly break the magic circle, break free and flee or even try to best the crap out of that man, but your opportunities left you long time ago.

"It is impossible to get release yourself from that trap, I made it specifically to restrain all your movements and abilities; it won't be easy to just leave." He said as he opened his right eye slowly, letting see a dim yellowish red light out of it as he opened it completely. "Anyways, I must introduce myself. My name is Alvino Ketis, I am from the Royal Guard of the realm of Estel, also known as the Five Saints." With that name, your whole body thrilled, you thought that this guy was dead as that realm was "extinct" but it seems that you were wrong.

"Now, you must be pretty confused right? I am supposed to be a good guy. I am a good guy, I was forced to do this as it was an direct command of the new princess. This is just her twisted way to enjoy herself and see the other fall and crumble at her might." He said sighed and then made a pretty vague map of a strange location.

The other hostages went frenetic when they saw the location, you also felt terror to look at it, corpses of people and nonhumans everywhere and creatures all over the place.

"Your objective is to survive to this land and then kill her, the ones who kill her will become the new royalty of the realm of Estel. In my opinion I would like to have a new one to serve, someone who could be righteous but also kind and compassionate with their people." The eye of Alvino seemed to be way more bright and he was smiling kindly.

His smile disappeared and then he closed his open eye, his clothes and hair started to flow even more than usual as the magical circle beneath you shined even brighter.

"Those on your left and right sides are whatever you them to be, they can be your allies, teammates, friends or even lovers, but also your enemies, so keep your eyes wide open all the time."

"Now, it is time for you to go. Please forgive me because of what I am doing; It's not what I want, but I need to keep my promise, to seek any order of the royal family of Estel." Alvino said with a sad smile on his face as he opened both eyes and then suddenly you were right into nowhere.

Post size: at least a paragraph of 4-5 lines
No one liners, make sure your post size is enough for your partners to work with.

Please proof read your post, I know that no one has excellent grammar, but at least try to be good one. ^^

Make sure you are able to keep up with the roleplay's pace before joining, and are able to post every few days.

Remember that this is a group roleplay, not only you play with your partner(s), if you notice that no one else is role-playing then you should stop posting stuff.

Don't make major changes like time skips and important events without my permission, it makes me feel like you made the roleplay, not me.

Let me or your immediate roleplay partners know if you will be unable to post, so the RP can continue.

Do not quote posts in the roleplay area, always use tags when directing your post at another roleplayer to avoid clutter, please.

If you are inactive for over a week with no explanation, you will most likely be removed from the RP, just to let you know. ^^

Start with one character, when you feel ready to have another one on your command then ask me first.

You can change from powers or equipment, but you have to give a roleplay excuse. Just roleplay how they lost their former owns and gained their new one.

CS
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/abyssal-party-cs.319275/#post-7625245

OOC
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/abyssal-party-ooc.319277/

Town of the Rotten
a38a1f30b66c665ea737aeda5d9c3078.jpg

This is the first location of the survival game of the princess. This town is the first and last spot of most of the “players” of the game, as most of them don’t stand the emotional stress of being a prey most of the time, so they choose to commit suicide, others are killed by the stronger ones to survive without even putting a fight. This town is also a good place to eat and rest as it is always night and there is always meat to eat from, animals or players alike.

Characteristics
  • Good hunting place
  • Good hiding/stealth location
  • Always dark
  • May be some weapons on the ground

Common Enemies
  • Foxes
  • Wolves
Aio Aio NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Raku Raku

Aval opened his eyes on a pretty halloween-y place, there was full moon covered by some clouds but the shade could still be seen, there was no corpses like the map of the strange shadow guy Alvino. Aval knew him just because of Askar as he always told him about his homeland and how powerful were the warriors there, he even mentioned the Five Saints were “dead” long time ago, but it seemed like they weren’t dead as his deceased love thought. He wandered the place a little, giving little steps to not make any noise, the shadow told him that the others could be his allies but also his enemies, so it would be good to be at least prepared if anything happened.

He saw a travel bag hanging from the opened window of a house, he picked it up, with a rusty and stained hammer it hand near, he put the hammer on the bag and then put them on to keep his pace.

Elias opened his eyes. What he saw was a very odd place. It was the same location from the map, but the corpse were missing. Before he could continue much thought he looked up to a full moon. "Damn" he said before he felt his transformation coming on. The sound of his bones cracking and bending were covered by sounds of his screams of pain. His scream was then converted to a howl as the transformation finished.

He pranced through the streets of the town, sniffing, scanning, listening. Elias growled as he caught the scent of people. It was going to be a long, bloody night.

Yesenia eyes flashed open, her breaths quick and shallow as she took in her surroundings. She wouldn't say the sight was exactly comforting although unlike the map shown to her there were no bodies in sight which was a slight relief to her. Thats when she heard the howl, sending a chill up her spine. This stupid little game was already starting to get on her nerves and she had not even started. Looking around she sighed before going deeper into the village. Already she heard the screams of an individual, although she was not necessarily saddened by it, one less person she would have to compete with.

She looked inside the building, attempting to find anything that could be remotely close to a weapon. Although the only thing she was able to find was the leg of a chair. Not her first choice but it would have to do.

Aval heard a howl from nearby, he could literally his spine freezing up to just become ice as he shivered from that sound, then he felt his feet taking action by their own will. He instinctively went inside of an opened house and took a stealthy position, he slowly closed the door and the windows as he felt that way could be safer and the creature wouldn’t actually see him.

“Fuck, this is great. I just started this damn game and there’s a creature, and I think it is thirsty for blood.”He said in a whisper as he took the hammer out and looked at it, by the look of it, that hammer won’t last too long as it was very rusty and the iron wasn’t the best of the land, but it may be a good temporal weapon after all.
Raku Raku

"Oh dear, I've managed to get myself in quite the pickle this time," Nina spoke to herself with a soft laugh. The young healer began to wander around the dark, desolate town at her own, relaxed pace, her body slightly swaying in time with her humming. The dreary village, while a bit unsettling, wasn't exactly scary or frightening. After all, Nina had visited other similar places during her years of travelling. As she walked along a rocky pathway, her mind began to wander, wondering if she could simply just "leave" the game. After all, the so-called "prize" for winning wasn't worth much in the eyes of a traveler.

Just then, a bloodcurdling howl rang through the air, causing Nina to jump form the suddenness of it.

"Oh my, oh my. Has the carnage already begun?" she wondered aloud. With a quiet "hmm" of thought, Nina decided to sate her curiosity and made her way to the source of the noise.
Raku Raku Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Aio Aio

Elias continued down the street for a moment until he saw a figure suddenly move into a building. He made haste to get there but he found nothing but a scent. He followed the scent to a door. As he slowly approached it, he growled louder and louder. The only thing going through the wolf' mind was "kill". He was almost at the door when he heard a gasp from another building down. His head shot up to see someone run in the other direction. Elias chased and quickly caught up, jumping on the person, and biting into their shoulder. As the person screamed in pain as they rolled over and tried to defend against him, but to no avail. Elias went right for the throat, silencing there screams and replacing them with the gurgling sound of blood in his victim's jugular. After killing the person Elias let out another bowl. With a giant blood stained wolf on the loose, who wouldn't be afraid?

Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Aio Aio

"Now this is a bit spooky," Edell commented on the Transylvanian town. He walked at a slow pace, making sure he gets as much information on the surroundings. The thought of the "game" didn't scare him at all. After all, he was interested in everything. Edell took out his journal and recorded everything he needed about the surroundings. Though, it wasn't the right item for when he walked into a bloody-mouth wolf. "I'm still at fair distance away before it'll kill me," whispered the Curious Cat with a bit of fear. He managed to find an alleyway to another area and sneaked over to it.

Raku Raku

"It seems that someone's dog has gotten off their leash," Nina absentmindedly commentated as she watched the werewolf tear people apart from her hiding spot in an alleyway. Though she watched the bloody rampage with only a curious expression, her sharp eyes followed the beast's every movement. In her mind, the traveler began to craft the possible anatomies and physiologies the creature could possess. Out of habit, she pulled out one of her journals and began to write it all down, loosing focus on the world around her.

Raku Raku Oceo Frose Oceo Frose NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Henrik felt sluggish as his eyes lazily rolled open, revealing what looked like the remnants of an abandoned village. Every thought was a blur, and Henrik's head was still trying to wrap itself around all the exposition this Alvino Ketis had just dumped on him. Not much of it made sense to Henrik, and he wasn't sure he remembered all of it. It felt surreal, like a dream almost, but as Henrik's eyes got used to the dimly lit, forsaken town, one thing was clear, it was much nicer without all the dead bodies.

Stumbling onto his feet, Henrik got up before brushing off the dirt that had stuck to his clothes. Trying his best, he gazed around, trying to catch glimpses of others, but to no avail. Every time he was sure he had laid eyes on someone, it turned out to be a ruined crate, tree or animal obscured by the creeping fog, or the ever-present shadows. Was he alone here? Alvino had mentioned other, and Henrik was sure there had been people more people in that gym. Their spine-curling screams and begging weren't something he would forget in a while. So while he couldn't see anyone, there were enough houses and alleyways to hide a small army, so for all he knew there could be ten pairs of eyes on him.

"Kill or be killed?" Henrik mumbled to himself, picking a twig out of his hair. Hiding would be smart, and the deafening howl just made that even more evident. It sounded like a wolf, a big angry and hungry wolf, and Henrik instantly ran towards the closest building, slamming the door behind him. He wasn't all that concerned if the wolf had heard him or not, because, by the sounds of things, it had already found something to play with.

Last edited:
"Well this can prove to be an issue." Yesenia mumbled as she caught sight of the wolf, or should she say beast. She found it rather obvious it was most likely not safe to be on the ground. "Impetu." Yesenia whispered with her fingers pointed downward, which caused her to be thrusted up into the air. Landing on top of one the buildings, having a better view of the area. The spell was simple, as any novice could master it, but it was rather handy.

She didn't believe there be any danger where she was so she relaxed just a tad. Watching the chaos below Yesenia sighed, it was going to be a long night.

Aval heard another howl followed by the sound of screams and blood gushing out, it seemed like the primitive animal had something to play with, he gave up a smirk with the thought of the poor creature being eaten by a that fierce creature. It seemed to be a wolf because of the sound of the howl, he walked out of his hideout to search for a better weapon to fight against the others, the hammer wasn’t exactly the best one he could find, but if he found a hammer and a bag then there must be a sword or even a rusty dagger somewhere.

The steps he made were slow but quite, trying to not step over a broken branch or something similar to not make any noise. He knew that the creature might be able to smell him on the air, so he tried to stay calm and not feel anything, nervousness, adrenaline and fear, all those things in his smell might trigger the beast out and make it go after him, so he tried to be more like a lifeless husk and keep his pace to find a new and better weapon.
Aio Aio Raku Raku Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Leik Leik NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Elias stood above his recent victim. He stuck his snout in the air, trying to sniff out another person. He didn't sense anything yet. He turned around with his head down. Elias started sniffing the ground. He let out a low growl as he could smell someone else. He looked up and saw another person, but this one was different. He took notice to the thing in his hand. Elias knew that this one held a weapon. He slowly walked closer to the man, growling a little more with each step. As he got closer to the man Elias let out a couple loud barks. He was being more cautious and slow this time.

Oceo Frose Oceo Frose (approaching)
Aio Aio Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Leik Leik NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Hiding in the alleyway, Edell proceeded with scaling up what seems to a wooden wall. "J-just need a better v-view of the area," struggled the Curious Cat. He was making grunts, scratches, and rumbles during his climb. "Please don't mind me..." whispered the frightened Edell. He was halfway up the wall until his hand rips off a chunk of wood, which descends towards the ground. He knew made a fatal mistake. The wolf could pounce and eat him at any moment.

Though, the fear pushed him forward to continuing his climb. "Come on, come on, hurry!..." he quietly hollered with worry.

Nina looked up from her notes as she heard the growling of the beast change to something more...cautious, if she were to put a word to it. Perhaps it had found a worthy opponent instead of slabs of meat it could tear apart? Or maybe it came across some silver bullets. The possibilities Nina could brainstorm were endless.

"That thing really is just a mangy mutt," she laughed a little when she heard it barking. When the sounds of scratches and grunts began to echo from deeper in the alleyway, Nina her head turned to see a masked boy hastily climbing the side of the building. The healer could see that the boy was terrified of the rampaging beast, judging by how frantically he scaled the building and the sound of his voice.

The woman hummed in thought as she watched the masked lad both out of entertainment and thought. Perhaps he had the right idea by going up to the rooftops. Though the creature could probably just jump up, it would take a couple of seconds or longer for it to reach its target rather than charging at them on the ground. And those seconds could mean the difference between life and death. Plus, high grounds are generally a good strategic position to put yourself in.

But then again, Nina was rather comfortable in her spot and the walls were so high up that she got tired just by thinking of climbing them. Leaning back and kicking out her feet, she pulled out a small pouch of nuts and began to snack on them, her mind clearly made up. Maybe she'll try it later, when she's good and ready.

NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Raku Raku Aio Aio

Yesenia rolled her eyes as she stood at the edge of the rooftop, watch the beast creep closer to the man. "Idiot." She mumbles only to be distracted by the sounds coming from the side of the building. Looking over the side her eyes narrowed as she watched the man scale the side. "Do you wish to get both of us killed?" She hissed at him, Yesenia thought to help him although she shrugged it off as it was not her problem if he was caught, just one less person to compete against.

Her attention went back to the beast and the man, her hands twitching, having a spell at the tip of her tongue although she wished to see what would happen before she intervened. From the looks of it weapon wise the man was at a disadvantage, similar to her.

NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Raku Raku

The noise had died down. The loud howls and bone-chilling screams were gone, but in their place were hushed voices and bestial growls. Henrik was unsure which was more unsettling. The howls were terrifying, sure, but at least they made it easy to know where the beast was. As for the screams, well, they relaxed Henrik. Not in an "oh everything is gonna be fine" way, but it made him relax to know that the beast was busy, even if it meant it was ripping someone else to pieces.

Henrik gathered planks, crates and anything else easily moveable into a corner. Stacking it on top of each other, before turning it into a makeshift wall. It wasn't sturdy, and it wouldn't take a beast to tear it down, but it provided a bit of cover and gave Henrik a place to hide. "So, just gonna stay here until that thing has calmed the fuck down," He whispered to himself, peering out from in if the cracks in the wall to see if he could catch a glimpse of the creature.

Aval sighed and then felt something behind him, he was sure the beast was seeking his scent’s track. He smirked and then stopped to move, if he was going to be eaten, then he would put a at least a fight as he didn’t consider himself an easy guy to play with, the black haired man looked at his back, the smirk intensifying to a soft but confident smile. He then looked at his hammer, it may have a good use, he turned around and then threw the hammer with all his might at the creature, then he ran away quickly.

Truth be told, it wasn’t the best idea to run since the creature could literally seek the scent of his sweat, but it was the the best choice at the very moment. Aval turned in a dark alley and broke the window of a house with his body to get into it, then he got up quickly and tried to stay in the dark, to not be seen by the hideous creature.
Raku Raku (lead mention)
Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Aio Aio Leik Leik NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

"H-huh?..." questioned Edell. He had his hand on the roof, he could've sworn someone talked to him. It was a menacing tone of voice that spoke. It made Edell hope it was just some kind of illusion or at least some voice in his head. Well, all he needed to do is just find his answer on top of the building. Edell pulled himself up the rooftop only to discover a person. He gathered his breath and thoughts together to examine the gloomy area, then talk to the person.

Grabbing his discovery journal, he wrote down anything worth writing; such as landmarks, people, or buildings. It didn't take long for him to hear glass shatter nearby. "What the hell?" was subconsciously blurted out, in response to something minor.

Aio Aio (mentioned)
Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Leik Leik Raku Raku Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

Yesenia chuckled at the scene before her, this man had to be absolutely crazy to think that throwing a mere hammer would distract such a beast. She gave a side eye to the man who joined her on the roof and held up a hand. She decided to have some fun, "Falsum Ignis" she spoke and with it a fire erupted in front of the ally way where the man had fled, blocking the beast. Of course it was another one of her illusions but any animal, beast or rabbit could not possibly tell. Of course it was not hot to the touch, nor did it seat anything on fire.

She turned back to the man on the room and raised an eyebrow at him. "Who let a kitty cat be part of the games?" She tilt her head to look at him, she found the mask a bit odd but she shrugged that part off.

NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Raku Raku

Elias jumped to the side to avoid the object the man threw at him. He then chased the man, his paws pounding against the ground as he slowly caught up with the man. As he was about to enter the alley a wall of flames blocked him. Elias backed up, growling. He paced back and forth in front of the alley. He finally decided that the fire was not a huge threat to him. He backed up a few meters, then charged. Ducking his head, he ran through the fire. Once he looked up he saw the back wall of the alley. Elias tried to stop himself but he was going too fast. He slid into the wall hitting it with a loud thud and a yelp of pain. He tried pulling himself off the ground, but to no avail. He lied down, giving out a few whimpers as he hit the ground. In pain, he took a defensive position facing the entrance of the alley.

Had to fix it.
p

Oceo Frose Oceo Frose
Aio Aio NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Leik Leik

Last edited:
Edell continued his note-taking frenzy but the question then pierced his brain and ordered a response. "Huh? O-oh, you're talking to me," he responded. "Though, I'm pretty used to those terms, 'kitty cat'." He stopped writing in his journal and slapped it closed. A cocky grin appeared on his face without any of Edell's control. All the while, he was just putting his journal away. He felt a bit intimidated towards the woman, he sensed that she was somehow powerful than him.

"I gotta ask, how did you get up here?" questioned the Curious Cat. "The wall should have been slightly harder to scale for me." His hand retreated to find his magic book, just in case things get messy.

Aio Aio
Oceo Frose Oceo Frose Leik Leik Ce-R0 Ce-R0 Raku Raku

A small smirk played on Yesenia's lips as she twirled her hand upwards. "I jumped." He could interpret it how ever he wished, whether that be she used magic or whatever his little head could think up. Her eyes flashed to the beast, a tough little thing wasn't? Well, as long as he ran after the idiot and not her she would be completely fine.

Yesenia typically was not a very violent person, everyone and then she would cause someone to go mad but that's only if she really did not like them. Her eyes went to where his hand reached, raising an eyebrow as she watched him. "Was it something I said?" She joked before going serious. "I can say a spell that can turn you mad faster than you pull out whatever your reaching for." Of course it was a threat but Yesenia didn't see it that way, it was more of a heads up if anything.

NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Raku Raku Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

The first thing that caught Henrik's eye were the roaring flames that seemingly sprouted from nowhere. His mind raced to find a reason for why the ground would just suddenly catch fire, and the only thing he came up with was magic. "Great, magic. Well, I'm fucked" He groaned, clearly annoyed and quite pissed. How was he going to survive against a friking wizard? They would just light him on fire the moment he stepped outside his little hiding space. However, the greatest shock was yet to come.

Henrik kept looking out from the cracks in the wall, trying to find who or what has caused the fire, but he soon felt his heart trying to jump out of his chest. The beast suddenly leaped through the flames, but then lost control and came barreling towards the wall Henrik was hiding behind. A loud scream escaped Henrik, or, it was supposed to, but instead Henrik ability activated and silenced the whole area. No more screams, no more yelps of pain from the beast. Instead, the two just remained dead silent, with just a wall between them.

Raku Raku
Aio Aio Oceo Frose Oceo Frose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back