• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Absolutely Morty-fied [BIue and Josh]

BIue

One Trick Wonder

giphy.gif

Rick Sanchez C-137

More time than Rick cared to think about had passed since his last trip off-planet. The past few weeks found Rick laying uncommonly low- avoiding the use of his portal gun, ship and other devices that may run him into more trouble than he was equipped with handling alone. The relative silence and lack of engagement with off-world matters had, however, put Rick in a particularly sour mood.

He'd fallen asleep at his workbench again. With a few blurry blinks the withered scientist  resurfaced into consciousness, the stagnant alcohol in his system making itself known in a dull ache at his temples. He'd spent a good portion of his time tinkering in the garage before giving up out of frustration at not being able to test any of his newest inventions. It simply hadn't been safe enough to risk running into the galactic federation again. Once the search had settled and the wanted posters were tainted by graffiti or absorbed by passing Wishloms it would be safer to venture out once more.

The caged life did not suit Rick, the man found himself steadily repulsed by the normality of domestic life. Beth and Jerry continued about their normal routine, popping down to the garage to check on him or call him up at mealtimes. It was the events of a single afternoon that drove Rick to decide that enough was enough. The conclusion had followed from a whole 3 minute conversation with Jerry. Despite grumbling at Jerry's all-round uselessness, it was the reality that the interaction had sucked away three minutes of his life that he was unlikely to regain that had clinched the situation. To be bored enough, no, lonely enough, to even humour a conversation with Jerry that lasted longer than a one-shot dry insult was a sign of serious trouble. Adventure seemed entirely worth the risk now- he couldn't stay cooped up any longer.

The run-in with the galactic federation had been unpleasant, but other than the unfortunate switching of his Morty for another in the fray, most things had gone relatively to plan. Rick had made do with his unwanted replacement, engaging him in activities where he saw fit and the like. But even a whole bottle of Grey Goose couldn't allow him to forget his own Morty that he'd left behind. The family hadn't noticed... but then they weren't the sharpest bunch. What could they do about it anyway, even if they had noticed the slight differences in the grandson he had returned with? They couldn't get into a spaceship or hop dimensions to search for the old Morty. The knowledge of the switch had caused Rick to hold the newest Morty at arm's length. Admittedly, there were times where he could almost forget this wasn't the kid he'd bailed out of school for a whole semester and taken across planets to pawn shops that sold everything from organs to sex dolls. But other times Rick couldn't shake the thought that things just weren't the same.

The different Morty didn't deserve such treatment- poor kid probably had whiplash from how swiftly Rick would switch from engaging and amiable to cold and disinterested. The scientist hadn't been able to begin his search for Morty of C-137 yet. He had, however fleshed out a rough plan. Should the galactic federation still be hunting for him, it made sense to hide and hunt for himself and Morty in a place where there were hundreds of replicas. The citadel of Ricks. It was the perfect haystack to delve into- the federation would struggle to keep up with finding or tracking him in such a place. It was a safe starting point. He could only hope that the other Rick had come up with the same idea.

An incoherent grunt fell from his mouth as he pushed himself to his feet. Alright. Cool. Pick up Morty...and maybe a bottle of Glenfiddich; they always seemed to have it cheaper in alternate dimensions. A few sharp prods with a screwdriver ensured his portal gun was charged and ready to go. After a few alterations it seemed to have recovered from the rough journey it shared with Rick and this other Morty as they fled home weeks prior. Begrudgingly, Rick made his way upstairs, swinging by the fridge to grab a beer before heading up to his new Morty's room. His lumbering, clumsy footsteps were enough to betray his approach and without a knock, Rick burst through the door to his 'grandson's' room. A frown was embedded deeply on his expression, showing an overall lack of interest in any of the questions one might ask a family member when coming to whisk them away to another dimension.

'Grab your shit, ass-wipe. W-wuURP-we're leaving.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Morty for some reason actually agreed to this trip. His Rick simply wanted to pick up a few things and go, from what he knew it was nothing too bad. He guessed maybe just some new tools or even some of that odd alcohol he put in the flask. But sadly his Rick had told him to go and find somewhere to do what ever Morty's do. So he did. Going about for a while in the new place before suddenly he felt someone grab him. See it was a Rick he nearly panicked. Not knowing how is Rick came back so fast but next thing he knew it he was back home. 

He knew something was up when he came 'home'. His room didn't feel right to him, as if he didn't belong in there. Though brushing the thought aside, Morty thought maybe he would know this was his home by the next day. Since daily him and his Rick went and messed around in the Citadel or even dimension hopped until they found something cool. But he told this to himself for quite a while. Though he won't lie, this Rick was very similar to his own. Even going on some joyrides and some things that would keep them busy but never out of their dimension. This was the first sign to him that something was wrong. Again, brushing the troubling thought off for a while since he just wanted to keep his mind settled that this was his home and this was his Rick. 

Morty though when going downstairs once saw Jerry and Rick actually talking. Raising his brows slightly to this but continuing his day. Even other instances when Rick stayed in the garage for longer than normal. Not even a small channel surf through the tv. Sighing, Morty thought Rick was simply getting tired of this game. Morty could only think of one thing to do and that was to almost mirror Rick by staying in his own room. Taking on a new habit of writing things down that he didn't know until he returned. Like the sudden new brands of wines that Beth got or even how Jerry seemed to be more interested in interacting with him unlike the dad he remembered when he left that was normally working on 'the next big thing' as he called it. Maybe his dad wanted to actually interact with the family more? Was the new thing done and over?

Morty gave a groan as he had already started tog et used to this newer place. Laying on his bed as he then started counting. Books on his shelf...posters on the wall...even some of the patterns in different things like how many darker wood spots there were on the headboard on his bed. Though in the middle of this he heard the door open. Sitting up to see Rick in the doorway he then got out of bed. Hearing the woods he had maybe some hope that Rick was back in his groove again. But once Morty saw the man's expression this was most likely another trip to some new dimension's bar because of new pricing or maybe someone he met before hand invited him there. Giving a small sigh he then nodded. 

"W-Where are we going, Rick?"

tumblr_n1blyfhvTY1qfbz1so1_500.gif

Rick Sanchez C-137

Rick had not allowed much pause to inspect what this Morty had been doing before he had entered the room. This Morty seemed to be staring at something distantly from the looks of things- far from whatever crude nonsense his grandson would have been up to. If his own grandson had been here he most-likely would have shut his laptop screen in a flurry and fumbled for an awkward topic-starter in an attempt to shield, or otherwise distract his all-too-savvy grandpa from what he had been up to. It was funny to see his grandson squirm, entirely blind to how transparent his interests were at times. For a faint moment, Rick stopped mid-step, squinting to survey the Morty he had so swiftly grabbed in blind haste. Did this kid even realise what was up? Morties weren't exactly brightest, so he couldn't be sure...but the kid gave a definite vibe that he was not entirely fitting in with their gross little family unit. Even him and Summer had been having fewer arguments lately.

Bluntly, Rick withdrew the portal gun from his lab coat- blasting a sickeningly bright portal in a halo beside Morty's bed. 'G-got some --UURP-- off-world business to attend to Mm-Morty.' He responded, tone dripping with disdain at the use of his grandson's name when referring to the alter.

'C-ccome on, grandpa i-isn't getting any younger.' He continued, his voice remaining monotonously flat despite the apparent urgency of the trip. A poorly-coordinated wave of a hand was his final gesture to the Morty beside him as he stepped through the portal to materialise in the heart of the Citadel of Ricks. The old man's eyes were already narrowed in preparation for the onslaught of bullshit that he was due to be subjected to. The Citadel had always felt a rather uncanny place- Rick would avoid visits at all costs in most situations. Should The Council get a whiff of his presence there would be hell to pay. And by hell, it would most likely be a slap on the wrist and some drunkenly conspired punishment that he'd have to fight his way out of. The whole premise of the city was dumb and hypocritical.

He lingered in place beside an intricately formed fountain of himself to await Morty's arrival through the open portal. Once they were together, he continued his previous trail of thought, lifting his portal gun to observe the measurements from the in-built computer as he began to walk. 'K-keep your eyes peeled for another M-Morty, Morty.' He bumbled, bumping heavily into a Rick dressed in a tuxedo that passed them by.

'I-I...I should've told you this b-before, Morty. Bb-but there was a mix-u--urp--up. I-...we--ah uh, -we need to find a Morty that's beeping, Morty. J-just focus on that f-Oor now-- URP-- I'll explain the rest later.'

The subject matter might have been the sort that required a little more urgency than Rick was fronting as he patrolled the busy streets, surveying each Morty as his portal gun winked and flashed disapprovingly at each. Instead, he spoke in the same matter-of-fact manner that one might when retelling what they needed to get from the grocery store. It was important to find Morty of dimension C-137- Rick would not deny that fact to himself. However, such tasks weren't really the kind that required panic or urgency- not when you were a genius...or when you had implanted the mechanisms for your grandson to turn into a car. All he had to do was keep strolling by until one of the Morties gave a beep in response to the digital key within his portal gun. It was simple, really. Fool-proof.

C-225

Morty walked with him, his shoulders dropping slightly when he saw it was just the citadel. And look out for another Morty? A mix up-? He then put two and two together as he then looked to the Rick with furrowed brows. Didn't he know that he had the wrong Morty if his Morty beeped?! I swear all the Ricks are just as careless. He thought to himself as he then looked around, a careful ear to any beeping that will happen. Though once he heard the faint beeping his head turned as he then walked towards it. Not caring to say where he was going as he then saw it. A Morty with some sort of wrapping around his arm as a familiar hand was around the other arm of that Morty. His Rick. He then walked over and stood in front of the Rick with a faint frown upon his face. He then looked to his side to see if the other Rick was behind him. 

"Rick- I have been in some other dimension with-with s-some different Rick- wh-while you were with his Morty?!" He said as he was honestly a bit shaken. "And wh-what happened? Why does that Morty have bandages?!" He said as he motioned to the other Morty's arm. His heart racing slightly as already he saw a few glances towards them. 

C-137

The Mory slightly winced when he was being dragged along by this oddly sober Rick. The man acting like if he didn't find what ever he was looking for quickly all hell would be to pay. Though it could be from the fact that someone with a gun was once following their trail. Leading himself to be shot. He wasn't sure about the other Rick from how fast it happened but when he heard the beeping in his mind he knew his Rick was either messing with him or looking for him and this Rick was some guard Rick undercover taking him to the council. But as soon as the beeping started another Morty had gotten in their way and started to ramble to the Rick. Having enough of the others words he then yanked his arm away from the Rick and glared at the Morty. 

"D-Do you have any i-idea what happened? I-Is this your Rick or are you j-just some set up by this-this fucked up citadel? W-We both know there could be a million things going on and all you are doing is adding onto this!" He said as he then extended his arms in motion as he ranted to the other about his childish behavior. "From what I know this is Rick C-225 and your i-in the way to finding my Rick" He added with narrowed eyes. 

giphy.gif

Rick C-137

Locating his Morty had proved surprisingly easy.  Next time the kid questioned the rationality of implanting metals and car parts into his DNA and muscle memory, Rick would endeavour to remind him of this moment. Your mechanical inner-car ass was what reunited us, Morty! Yeah. That's what he'd say. It had a nice ring to it. That, or 'There's a reason for all the genius shit I do, Morty.' Both imagined phrases got the point across pretty well.

As Rick approached the Morty who beeped as if he were an unlocked vehicle, he pocketed his portal gun. Hopefully he was the only other Rick who had put such a whimsical scientific trait in his grandson. It was as he approached however, that the small details of the scene began to weave threads of suspicion (and silent concern) within him. This Morty was pretty patched up. His gaze lifted to survey the Rick beside him. Seedy-ass motherfucker...

'H-hhey what the hell?!' He paused, stifling a belch before continuing, ignoring the two Morties as they joined in an equally turbulent manner. 'C-225?! Oh, oooooh great! You thought you'd get in on the action and take a little bit too, is that it, huh?'

This hadn't been the first time Rick had encountered the Rick from Dimension C-225. The pair were oddly similar in many ways- often running into each other or leaving detectable traces behind from their travels. The Galactic Federation would often mistake one for the other, leading to all numbers of issues and complications.

'-Well I don't --uUURP-- give a shit what projects you have hanging out your ass. I have a problem with you running off with the wrong fucking Morty!-- I--I mean-- I get that they're whiney and easy to misplace b--bUURP-uut my Morty can turn into a freaking CAR, dawg!  A car! You think I'd swap that for a Morty who lies around and scratches his nuts all day?! I--I mean that's--that's just poor craftsmanship!' At the tail-end of his passionate alcohol-induced rant, Rick's expression hardened with conviction. The chances of finding his Morty again should they part ways here would be even slimmer. Whether C-137 Morty felt like it or not, they were leaving the Citadel together. 'Y-you're lucky I showed up, patched up to hell he's as good as useless. I'll take him off your hands.'

With a rather entitled movement, Rick stepped forwards, placing a hand on his Morty's shoulder. 'A-aand what they hell happened to him?! You been playing catch with Garfarian razor blades?' With a frown shattering the inner relief at having found his Morty, Rick looked down at the kid. 'M-morty- don't listen to this wise-crack. It's me--Rrrr-uRRP-Rick! The Rickest Rick!'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick C-225

C-225 had been more than just a little aware of the predicament at hand. It seemed that Rick of dimension C-137 had been let off easy by comparison. With a frown he remained stationary, looking to his Morty first as a symbolic middle-finger to the other Rick spitting questions at him and taking back his bandaged Morty of C-137.

"Rick- I have been in some other dimension with-with s-some different Rick- wh-while you were with his Morty?! ...And wh-what happened? Why does that Morty have bandages?!"

"Yeah, yeah. I noticed, M-Morty." He grumbled to his own Morty, eyes narrowing at the level of blame he seemed to be receiving from all parties. Honest mistakes happened in his line of 'work', however, Rick was never fond of admitting his own faults. 'Le-eet's just say, Morty, that you were the lucky one. The federation has been up my ass ever since we got the Plutonium Reactors- a-aaand here I was trying to be d-ddecent and find this Asshole.' He paused, shooting a pointed look to Rick of C-137. 'But turns out they were after his Morty - figured they could get info fr-ooom him, or lure his Rick back. B-ut guess who did a no-show?' His expression remained jaded and oddly dark. 'Spoiler. --UURP-- It's this guy.' Again, his pale hand pointed back to Rick C-137.

'E-eeither way, Morty. It's good to have you b-back. Pulling around this whiny piece of shit has been nothing but a pain in the ass.'

C-225

"First of all...I don't care if he was a whiny piece of crap! You of all people ditched me! What if that Morty didn't have a car thing in him? Then what would happen?! You would be stuck with that Morty and I will have to relearn my parents again and my own sister! Since honestly their family is so backwards! Jerry is a failure with his job, Beth gets cheep wine, and summer still has an iPod, Rick!" He said as he then felt his shoulders drop. He knew sometimes he could be explosive with how he expressed his distress but this time he felt it was completely needed. Looking to the other Rick as his eyes narrowed. "Don't get me started on you! How could you not check or even think of returning me to my Rick once you knew who I was? I was with you for longer than I needed to be! Whether it be because your tail end was being chased or you were so drunk you built a bomb or something to remake the world! Since to be honest Rick C-137, if you and my Rick are so damn smart, why is this getting solved now and not before hand?" He added as he started to tense. His right hand giving faint twitches as he felt his neck slightly tense. 

Morty knew one of two things were going to happen. He was going to leave and everything will be a bit better than now, or he was going to black out like he does when under stress. So he then began counting things around him without thinking as he then turned his back to both Ricks. Ricks with hats....5. Mortys with blue shirts...3. 

C-137

When he heard the other Morty basically rant on the two Ricks he swiftly went to his Ricks side. Looking to him as he bit his lip a bit nervously. "U-Uh Rick...I think we s-should go. A-Also no, I wish he played catch w-wth Garfarian bl-blades instead" He said quietly. Though when he heard the other Morty quietly counting he looked around to see what he was counting. Though seeing what the numbers matched with he cocked a brow. Why would he need to count what kind of Ricks and Mortys there were? He wondered, since honestly he would be there counting all day if he wanted to categorize the different dimensions. Giving a deep sigh as he stuffed his hands in his pockets waiting for the next thing to happen and bracing himself for the sudden pull into a portal he looked to the almost shaking Morty and the strange Rick. More questions popped in his mind but one stood out. Why does that Morty act on such impulse? I don't even do that ..or any Morty that I have seen so far... 

tumblr_inline_o243088Joj1rnonh2_500.gif

Rick C-137

"Don't get me started on you! How could you not check or even think of returning me to my Rick once you knew who I was? I was with you for longer than I needed to be! Whether it be because your tail end was being chased or you were so drunk you built a bomb or something to remake the world! Since to be honest Rick C-137, if you and my Rick are so damn smart, why is this getting solved now and not before hand?"

Both surprised and amused by the outburst from Morty of C-225, Rick paused in silent intrigue to watch the scene unravel before him. After a moment his gaze lifted to share a knowing glance with the Rick opposite him, eyebrows raised.

'Geez M-MMMorty, the world doesn't --uUURP-- revolve around y-you.' With a carefree shrug, he withdrew his flask to take a swig before continuing, this time addressing his words to the Rick of C-225. It seemed this Morty was beyond reason (although they tended to be blind to reason in most dimensions according to Rick's thinking.)

'I dunno what your deal is, but clearly you haven't shown your M-Morty how to relaaaax- cut loose, r-r-rroll in the hay am-- uuRRP--a-am I right, huh, Rick?'

A flat, bored frown was the only response offered from the Rick opposite him. Clearly this Rick, like most others, was not inclined to take advice about how to behave or interact with his grandson. 'Take him to Garzold, Harfrinks, a-a--aaanywhere....Heck, just give him a laptop and a wifi connection so he can masturbate  before he has a fucking aneurism.'

Sporting a middle-finger to the duplicates, Rick dropped his gaze back to his own Morty as he spoke. [SIZE=9.5pt] [/SIZE]"U-Uh Rick...I think we s-should go. A-Also no, I wish he played catch w-wth Garfarian bl-blades instead"[SIZE=9.5pt] [/SIZE]

'Aw crap. W-w-what happened, Morty?! Y-y-yyour arm, Morty! These bureaucratic sons of bitches made a big mistake, Morty--a biiiiiig mistake-- the-the-they're gonna have to pay, Morty. They're gonna have to pay.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick C-225

"First of all...I don't care if he was a whiny piece of crap! You of all people ditched me! What if that Morty didn't have a car thing in him? Then what would happen?! You would be stuck with that Morty and I will have to relearn my parents again and my own sister! Since honestly their family is so backwards! Jerry is a failure with his job, Beth gets cheep wine, and summer still has an iPod, Rick!"

Unlike the other, more reckless duplicate of himself, Rick C-225 chose his response more carefully, even if he did look quietly irritated by the cheek of his grandson calling him out on his bullshit. 'D-D-D'you have any idea how hard it is to track down a Morty when there are literally millions of o-o-other whiney brats like you out there?! D-Don't flatter yourself, Morty, y-you're relatively regular on a scale of Morty-to--uuRRP--Morty. Y-y-y'know on a cosmological level, y-you're actually t-the proverbial needle in the haystack.'

Folding his arms, Rick C-225 went on with his blunt lecture, his tone dry and dismissive. 'B-besides, M-Morty, if we spent our lives dwelling on what-ifs, nothing would ever happen at all. Your paranoid thoughts don't change shit.' His tone sunk into one that was gruff and mocking as he gesticulated with his hands alongside his line of argument.

'What if I never found Morty, What if all whiskey turns into lava in the pit of your stomach, what if I got that Glaswhorpian pregnant- ...Y-y-y'see what I'm doing here, M-Morty?'

C-137

"W-We were chased before coming here..some g-guy shot at us and I got hit" Morty admitted, he honestly would want to be shot by a normal gun then some burning laser. Since honestly he liked the lack of bleeding it caused but he majorly disliked the burning feeling it left throughout his arm. "Can we g-go home soon? Since I h-have a feeling that guy kn-knows where he could be..." Morty added quietly. Since honestly he had enough of the C-225 duo. They were most likely the oddest set of Ricks and Mortys besides the reversed mermaid. Looking to C-225 as from the looks of it their Morty could very well be a bit unstable. From how the Morty had clenched fists and tense neck. He almost wanted to drag his Rick off and ask if he had any serum left. 

"I-I'm serious Rick...I'm running on less sleep than normal a-and these two are a headache..." He said as he tugged somewhat on C-137s coat. He then looked to the other pair again. A bit of him wondering what will go down between them. Since if this was like a Evil Morty situation he was going to most likely never agree to come back to this place ever again. 

C-225

"Masturbating? Are you joking me, C-137?" Morty pipped up. Looking to him as if he said something absolutely morbid. Then looking to his Rick as he then rolled his eyes. "Science is literally a mixture of what-ifs. And if you never found me I would most likely either be his 'new' Morty and you would be stuck with that thorn in your side, you would die if your whiskey turned into lava, and if you did get them pregnant then congratulations, you're screwed!" He said as he answered it in seemingly easy found answers. "And if you say that there is plenty just like me, who walk like me and had the same p-path then get yourself a new Morty! I'm tired of getting l-left behind Rick! I-I-I dont want to be mixed u-up in your schemes anymore. I-I'm done!" He said as his stutter seemed worse the more upset he got. 

"And let me ask you this Rick. W-When you lose me each time what do you think Beth would do? What Jerry would do? I know I am not perfectly replaceable! W-W-We are literally a breath away from being like C-137 or C-115...but that doesn't mean you-you can find any old Morty and take him home. D-Did you know the time I was a-a-at summer camp, R-Rick. I w-w-was truly at the Daycare? Th-That Rick is creepy! H-H-He smells like piss and i-its over crowed with old and young Mortys!" He said as he then ran his fingers within his curly hair. Clearly every word had been bottled by this Morty for a very long time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back