Viewpoint About Powers

Now that's funny. Superman is literally an alien from another planet. That'd be the weirdest Christian propaganda ever.
IKR! But he says it is because of the movies which is weird but this is kinda off topic.

In an effort to keep things on topic, I would like to say no matter how I or my friend seem to not like current on going trends, I do believe that if they would want to do it that way, it's not really our business to tell them to rework the whole thing when we could easily make our own thing. I mean that's how the RP I'm in started. We grew tired of the Doom and Gloom Multifandom RP we were in and decided to make a more fun one and somehow nabbed RP of the month. Cosmo Cosmo has a point, be the change you want to make.

IKR! But he says it is because of the movies which is weird but this is kinda off topic.

In an effort to keep things on topic, I would like to say no matter how I or my friend seem to not like current on going trends, I do believe that if they would want to do it that way, it's not really our business to tell them to rework the whole thing when we could easily make our own thing. I mean that's how the RP I'm in started. We grew tired of the Doom and Gloom Multifandom RP we were in and decided to make a more fun one and somehow nabbed RP of the month. Cosmo Cosmo has a point, be the change you want to make.
Basically what I've been saying this whole time. Though you have a good point in there. A lot of people mention how difficult it can be to create an RP and run it. But you mentioned your friend. Having a partner/co-gm is a great way to help fill any shortcomings anyone may have. Even if it's someone to just bounce ideas off of, or maybe someone to help police the thread.

Basically what I've been saying this whole time. Though you have a good point in there. A lot of people mention how difficult it can be to create an RP and run it. But you mentioned your friend. Having a partner/co-gm is a great way to help fill any shortcomings anyone may have. Even if it's someone to just bounce ideas off of, or maybe someone to help police the thread.
Yeah, Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo and I co-run an RP and we do a relatively good job with it in spite of the slow methodical pace we take to post. It's not all about posting speed that makes an RP live. It's the community that keeps it going.

It's more to do with that time someone praised a webtoon but a friend of mine wasn't a fan and he called him racist for liking Superman over it. He also made it sound like Superman was only "Christian Propaganda" which offends me as a Catholic.

Its not Superman, yea, its just Man of Steel which has a ton of vary blatant themes running through it. Of course, anyone who says it is 'Christian Propaganda' is insane and probably not worth talking to.

Not just help, I have help making mine too, but you don't have to rush it all out at once either. Just an hour or so here and there to get it done over a month or even months. Until you post the RP, you aren't on any timetable and so have all the time in the world to do it at your own pace.

I mean, I am one of four or five co-GMs in that RP and I feel like I do a pretty terrible job running my quarter of the world. It's an accomplishment to get a post up sometimes.
I, personally, don't have a very high opinion of myself as an RP-runner.

I mean, I am one of four or five co-GMs in that RP and I feel like I do a pretty terrible job running my quarter of the world. It's an accomplishment to get a post up sometimes.
I, personally, don't have a very high opinion of myself as an RP-runner.
But that doesn't mean you don't help. I'm sure you take off some burden that others don't have to deal with, even if it's an apparently small amount. I'm certain it helps.

Its not Superman, yea, its just Man of Steel which has a ton of vary blatant themes running through it. Of course, anyone who says it is 'Christian Propaganda' is insane and probably not worth talking to.
Yes, the lad was also a fan of a Webtoon called The Gamer and kept talking about how Superman wasn't doing good in comics sales in an attempt to prove a point and how Lex isn't as evil as to want to molest and cannibalize children or something.

His main point about Man of Steel was because of the fact that people will only think of the film... When I talked about the humanity of Superman in the Classic films that people like... He said that it had nothing to do with the character but all to do with the writer... Like the due has a weird personal grudge against Superman. I mean, I get not liking the character but he takes it to a ridiculous degree. So yeah, not worth talking to.

Back on track about powers. I feel that yeah the one power limit is limiting but hey, I'm writing my own comic where I don't have to worry about that stuff so no skin off of my bones.

Yes, the lad was also a fan of a Webtoon called The Gamer and kept talking about how Superman wasn't doing good in comics sales in an attempt to prove a point and how Lex isn't as evil as to want to molest and cannibalize children or something.

His main point about Man of Steel was because of the fact that people will only think of the film... When I talked about the humanity of Superman in the Classic films that people like... He said that it had nothing to do with the character but all to do with the writer... Like the due has a weird personal grudge against Superman. I mean, I get not liking the character but he takes it to a ridiculous degree. So yeah, not worth talking to.

Back on track about powers. I feel that yeah the one power limit is limiting but hey, I'm writing my own comic where I don't have to worry about that stuff so no skin off of my bones.

I am glad he put the bar as to what becomes truly evil is molesting and eating children. :P I guess nearly destroying the world multiple times, causing mass deaths on a global scale is all okay especially since it was just done out of personal ego because he couldn't accept the fact there was someone 'better' existing in the same world as him. Someone should go ahead and call the prisons and release all the murderers because they didn't eat children and so, clearly, don't deserve the incarceration. 😂 Man, people are weird.

True, and the perks of writing something yourself is you don't have to worry about someone coming in an abusing something in a way you didn't intend.

True, and the perks of writing something yourself is you don't have to worry about someone coming in an abusing something in a way you didn't intend.
Yeah, I tend to be the harsh critic on this site and rarely care if it hurts any feelings but seriously, I do think that if people want to make the change to the trends then they have to be the change they want to make and not worry if everyone's not following it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back