Ability/Weakness Suggestions

Count Gensokyo

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Fair & Balanced Game
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm not entirely sure what these entail in terms of gameplay mechanics, but feel free to post any ideas you have here!

Last edited by a moderator:
The waifu I have slated to play as made me think of a couple of running ideas. They're probably kind of OP (and I aslo don't fully understand the system yet), but they could probably work with tweaking.

• Vampiric - The user has a chance to heal half of a heart during a successful attack.
  • Duel of the Fates (hehehe, Star Wars jokes) - The user has a marginal chance at the start of each turn to draw any one card. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Captain Gensokyo Even though I'm following this RP group, I don't get notifications for threads, so mention me, if you ever need my input for anything.

Vampiric - I can add that as an Actual Ability for the Card system. Cost is probably going to be 10 points, or more, but each successful Area Attack, Attack, or Attack option gives your character half the damage done in health.

Duel of the Fates - Drawing a card sounds fun, but since there's no reliable system online (unless you can find one) to determine if a person is randomly drawing a card, I cannot allow it (No one gets to draw a card during a fight). However, I can tweak it to something else. Cost 7 points, choose any discarded card and replace it with 1 card from your hand. Cost 13 points, choose any discarded card and replace it with 1 card from your hand. If that doesn't sound similar, here's another concept that can work.

Duel of the Fates - 7 points discard a 1-10 card, after you use a special action card, but draw a new card from the deck. 13 points discard a 1-10 card, after you use a special action card, but draw a new card from the deck. Note: There's no way to get jokers from the deck.

@billthesomething You can incorporate passive buffs into your attacks, defense, etc. They won't be added into the OOC mechanics, but you can state them IC. Example: Since the Hulk was attacked by ____, he's gotten angrier giving him a boost in size. (Note: This is only IC, not OOC). You're free to offer ability suggestions for OOC, but if you have questions on how IC buffs work, it's just a normal buff, but it's not added into the OOC mechanics.

@billthesomething You can incorporate passive buffs into your attacks, defense, etc. They won't be added into the OOC mechanics, but you can state them IC. Example: Since the Hulk was attacked by ____, he's gotten angrier giving him a boost in size. (Note: This is only IC, not OOC). You're free to offer ability suggestions for OOC, but if you have questions on how IC buffs work, it's just a normal buff, but it's not added into the OOC mechanics.

Are matches decided through OOC first and then acted out accordingly? That seems to make the most sense.

@Ultraman

It's turn based @Captain Gensokyo. This adds tension, as it's unknown whether one pair will beat the other. Matches are not decided, because pairs who know they're going to lose may write poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back