• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Abandoned Roleplay

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
What happens to roleplays that the creator is no longer working on or when the creator is no longer on the site? Can you continue the roleplay yourself or do you have to have permission from the creator? I found this cool roleplay but it seems that the creator is no longer interested and he has yet to respond to my emails, It's a shame for it to fall by the wayside but I also don't want it to seem like I just stole his idea. What should I do?

@MrThe

It's a shame, but you have to respect the owner. If they are no longer there and not responding to your email, it's best just to walk away. Taking/continuing the owner's work without permission is stealing (in terms of their idea and what not).

mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/38214-mrthe/ said:
@MrThe[/URL]
It's a shame, but you have to respect the owner. If they are no longer there and not responding to your email, it's best just to walk away. Taking/continuing the owner's work without permission is stealing (in terms of their idea and what not).
I actually had thought and seen people that revive Roleplays after a few months or a year of its death, and the owner no longer able to be contacted and hasn't been active for a long time. They give credit for the idea of course.

Yah I guess I just have to wait a bit before I can FINALLY GET IT BACK!

MrThe said:
Yah I guess I just have to wait a bit before I can FINALLY GET IT BACK!
...? I'm not sure what you mean by this though don't quote me 100% on that above.

@StoneWolf18

I believe that works as well. I've done that in a previous site where I tried to get control of this thread for months. And, when I received nothing back, the rest of the users (who were in the original) convinced me to take over. They did reappear once to join the thread as a player... but disappeared again. I think Stone's suggestion works. Just have to see if your interest remains in a year or so.

I'm saying that I better wait a bit longer until either the creator comes back or he decides to pass the torch to me. Or until a reasonable time has passed before I could revive the roleplay. Or someone does something similar. also thanks still.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrThe said:
I'm saying that I better wait a bit longer until either the creator comes back or he decides to pass the torch to me. Or until a reasonable time has passed before I could revive the roleplay. Or someone does something similar.
Ah, well remeber, if the topic is really broad such as a slice-of-life or something super common such as a zombie apocalypse, no one can lay claim on those due to the variables that can go into them. It's the little details that make it more personal.

Just make sure you don't use anything you didn't write. For example, don't just copy the original GM's first post word for word. It's okay to borrow ideas and credit, but all content should be written by you, and you alone.

Yah that's cool. Except I don't really want to create my own or even take charge. I just want the GM to come back! I mean I will take it over if I must but I just want him to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back