• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A wild side (Zootopia rp)

"... I don't like this, Nick," the bunny said to her fox partner, her nose twitching with a frown on her face. "It seems like Zootopia didn't learn anything from what had happened with the night howlers..." Still though, the chief had assigned them to this, so here they were patrolling the patrolling Tundra Town, staying vigilant for any predators that may or may not be planning on "going savage." It was a similar effect of what had happened in the city after Hopps had given her press conference, going on about how it was rooted in biology; innocent predators were being singled out. Sure out of the string of murders all the murderers were predators with the victims being prey, but this just seemed... Unfair. Besides that, the assignment itself was fairly boring. It was already about 3 PM, and there was still no sign of illegal activity, from predator or prey. At this point, Judy had resorted to handing out tickets in order to keep herself busy.

She blew a piece of gray hair out from in front of her purple eyes. "There's gotta be something else connecting these crimes... If not the perpetrators then maybe the victims?" She then turned to her partner. "Nick, you know everyone, right? Do you know who the murderers are? Or their victims? Are they related in some way?" They were in the database now, so maybe they could do background checks on everyone involved. Though that would be going against the chief's orders... He really wouldn't like that. Oh well, it wasn't the first time they would be "going rogue" for a mission, and definitely wouldn't be the last. Besides, even if he gets angry, he'll be fine with it after they are able to find out more information about these cases.

Nick was crunching on a pawsicle and tapping on the driving wheel as they kept there eyes open for anything. The sly fox ran a hand through his hair making his ears droop. " Carrots... I know everyone yes but, the guys that have done this is way out of character for them even the real nasty crooks." He sighed and finished the ice cream and chewed on the wood before tossing it into the trash can. He wasn't usually worried, but him being a predator and on the ZPD doesn't sit well now. Let alone him being a fix his tail twitched every now and then as he thought.

"How many times have we gone over and checked the files and records. Judy each crime just seems so random there is never an occurring thems or pattern or even the same type of animals they are all different. The only common thing is that it is just solely prey murders." He then let his head fall onto the wheel and he sighed. There shift ends in just a few hours and he knew they could be doing something more beneficial to the case instead of just giving tickets. " Do you think Bogo will let us check their backgrounds I don't think so. He is as stubborn as an Ox and trust me I know a few that will argue with you to death." He then gave get that trade smug of his and chuckled as he moved his head to look at Judy whose ears have gone droopy a sure sign she is upset.

As Nick had expected, Judy's ears were down, with her brows furrowed as she looked ahead. "Well if this behavior is out of character for everyone, then that's even more of a reason to check for something else connecting them..." The fox was right about Bogo though. He was definitely not open to suggestions. No way he would let them run background checks on any of the people. "The reports said that when questioned, all the perpetrators said they were 'hungry...' What does that mean? None of the bodies were shown to be eaten or anything..." She thought some more about the information Bogo had provided them after the apprehension of the murderers. Even in custody, they hadn't calmed down and returned to their normal selves. They were still attacking prey, and going on about how "hungry" they were. Even when fed, it was something that continued.

"Well... I think we should run some checks anyway. I mean, this wouldn't be the first time we would be going against Chief Bogo's orders. Besides, we're not doing anything important, just handing out tickets. All we have to do is go back to headquarters and sneak into one of the computer rooms without being seen. And you're good at that." She gave her partner a nudge with a smile on her face.

If Judy had learned from the year they have been working together she knew how to feed his ego. He then grinned and smirked," Well carrots back in my more dark years I have been know to slip in and out of a few places." Nick laughed and cranked the car and before he began to drive he reached over and quickly pulled her poofy tail making her let out an eep. The fox laughed.

Nick knew she hated him messing with her tail and ears he did it anyway just to annoy her. So as they heading to the station he laughed and chuckled and punched her arm lightly and asked who they should look at first

Judy was glad to hear the fox being so agreeable with her plan. Although when he pulled her tail, that kind of faded; she just gave him an annoyed look. It was something she shook off though. At this point it was just revenge for the amount of times she had stepped on his tail.

Soon enough, the two were back at the police headquarters. She gave a smile in greeting to Clawhauser, who may have questioned why they were back so early, but thankfully didn't think enough of it to ask. After he turned his attention away from them, it was a matter of avoiding being spotted by anyone else. That wasn't as hard as it sounded, as it seemed that everybody was fairly busy in their own matters today. Most people they passed by didn't pay attention to them, unless it was to apologize after accidentally bumping into them.

"Here we are..." She said when they came upon one of the computer rooms. Looking both ways to make sure no one had seen them, she slipped into the room, letting her partner in as well before closing the door. "Alright, who to look up first..." At his question, Hopps pulled out the case file that she had and paged through it. "Let's start with the first one I guess... Kelly Serper. A snake."

Nick casually walked in beside Just and made sure no one saw them and hopped into the seat on the other side of the room and pushed off the wall and stopped beside his partner and said," Okay so let's see we have one witness a one Penelope Araa a falcon that was flying over head that saw Kelly slither away from the scene. DNA and crime scene evidence put her there. Maybe the missed something. Where did it say again this murder took place? Marshland district?"

Nick scratched behind his ear and tried to think of anything they could have missed. All the perps so have had one thing in common. The confession they did it cause they were hungry. Obviously they arnt literally hungry. " Carrots I think we arnt saying what needs to be said. Do you think it is possible somone is trying to copy the incident from last year. I mean this is so similar. The only difference is people are actually dying and the perps are in control of them selves I know we don't want to admit it but as it stands it's the only reasonable explanation." He then groaned as he poured over the other cases. Before finally putting his face in his hands and letting them drag down his face and this time his ears were drooping.

"Penelope Araa... Marshland..." Judy was repeating the information as Nick stated it, and continued to peer over the case files. There were a few other murders in Marshland, but not anywhere near the area where the incident with Serper took place. The prey murdered were all of different species and had no relations with one another, and it was the same for the murderers.

She listened to her partner's idea with a frown, and let out a sigh, upset with the whole situation as he was. She put a hand on the man's shoulder. "No... We can't believe that... Why would they want to emulate what was happening last year? And if that was the case, then they must have something in common, whether it be that they knew each other, or had been to the same place..." The bunny stopped herself. "Wait a minute..." She continued to peer through the computer, looking at the interviews with friends and relatives of the murderers. "Okay, so around two weeks prior to the incident they were doing just fine... Aha! We found the link!" She turned to Nick. "Each of them were out of town two weeks before they murdered. And it seems they've all visited the same place during that time: Jungleton."

Wilde smiled as they actually caught a break they have a lead and now need to investigate but they need to do it undercover. They didn't need to do anything but just get evidence something is going on. Either way he chuckles and placed a hand on Hobbs shoulder and as he looked at the screen he grinned and said," Carrots I can kiss you rn. I don't see how this was missed in the initial report." He then sighed with relief and gathered the files and put them on the inside of his shirt and patted them to be sure they were safe.

He then took a deep fix and the fox coolly said," I think it maybe time to get out of here before anyone finds is snooping about this case." Boho told everyone that if they continue this case with out his blessing they could go ahead a quit ZPD. Wilde looked down at his badge and sighed," he knew what he was doing was right just the worry of loseing this job and working with Judy made him anxious of course he wouldn't show it though

Judy was definitely happy to hear the praise coming from Nick, but couldn't help but blush at his comment. Why don't you then? She wanted to say, but alas, the words stayed in her head.

"W-well they missed a pretty important lead with Otterton too," She said with a chuckle, referring back to her first case which brought the two together. "But yeah, you're right. We better scram..." At this point it wasn't just about losing their jobs, but rather about the case being handed over to the state police. Judy knew from their presence in her hometown they weren't exactly the most... Dedicated.

She quickly turned off the computer, and slipped out the way the two had come. Once again they had to avoid Clawhauser as well as anyone else's gaze and make their way out of the building. The bunny waited until they were back into the police car, and started it up, driving at least a block away before speaking again. "So we actually need to investigate somewhere outside of Zootopia... We can't tell Bogo, otherwise he'll have to hand it over to the state police. They aren't really the best at their jobs... How do we get him to let us go there?" With a raised brow she turned back to Nick. "Maybe we need to take a vacation..."

Nick followed Judy out and then stayed also in silence thinking over this new lead. They did need to go out of town to do any of this they did have vacation days and they didn't use any last year so they could use them. He sighed a bit and said," We could use our vacation days to go, or we could pretend to be sick and stay home." He was the master of excuses even at school he was known to get out of just about any.

( sorry this is so short I am busy rn)

"True..." Judy nodded at Nick's suggestion. "But I think it would be kind of suspicious if both of us were to be sick at the same time. Besides, I'm not sure it'll be realistic for us to be sick long enough to finish our investigation." She turned to him. "Maybe vacation days are the best idea. But then again, we would need to give at least a two weeks leave of notice to do that, and I think this is pretty pertinent... in that case, being sick is the better idea." She would let him decide. If they ran into trouble with their excuse, more likely than not it was Nick who was going to get them out of it.

OoC: It's okay. I'm in school lol, so I'm busy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back