• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A War of Kings And Princes [First Iteration]

Mihr decided to stand his ground this time around, his dark eyes scanning the area, focusing on the demon at hand so to speak. Mihr would then communicate back in a similar way the archmage had. "Sorry Friend, but when a powerful demon such as this enters the middle realm it is my reasonability to be present.." "If you don't want me in your way i'll gladly stay out, just let me be here just in case..." Mihr said in a rather serious fashion. At that Mihr would mihrly fade into the background, seemingly oddly not very relevant at the moment. It was the work of magic in actuality. Mihr would stay back and waiting to see if a conflict would break out. If such occurred he would jump in and aid the archmage, not that he doubted his ability but he knew a fight with a demon such as this would be much easier with two strong magic users compared to just one. Mihr now carefully thought ahead, about what he would do next if such would break out. He wasn't entirely sure how magic resistant these demons were, but he was sure that it wouldn't be anything that they couldn't handle. He had spoken to the demon once and didn't feel a need to do so again for now.. Mihr's eyes widened a bit, he could sense that something had gone down with Michael, as he could feel the pulse of energy.. Mihr was fairly good at sensing these things, and wondered if he should go see what went wrong.....but for now he hand to stay focus on the demon at hand...

Drevis Senade
Underworld > Middle Realm

Frustratingly, the map he had made from collaborative knowledge he gained from the demons he made contract with wasn't any help. All it did was to point at the last known dwelling of Tabhur. It wasn't any help when what he wanted to know was the current location of the demon. Of course he knew where his previous throne is! Anyone with an eye can see the pile of bones from afar. He grudgingly admitted his hasty decision to came back to the Underworld. It would be illogical for the angels to seal a Royal Demon in its home. He had wasted his time, because of his arrogance. Dinah didn't seem to be there either, despite him asking her to meet him there.

His mind was occupied with a new problem. Dinah wasn't there to meet him. Come to think of it, she hadn't sent him another message since his last one. Could something happen to her? He bit his shadow lips in anxiety. He trusted his sister to be able to take care of herself like she had done for many years, but accidents could happen.

With grim determination, he gave the poor demons the last command to keep silent about his visit to the Underworld. He stretched his shadow wings and flew upward, out of the darkness and into the light of Middle Realm. Drevis may be a demon, but before everything, he was a brother to Dinah. He knew the cabin where Dinah received his messages, and that was where he headed.

19818-army-shields-fantasy_art.jpg
The courtyard was filled with soldiers as Cain stepped onto the raised platform before them. "Companions!" He shouted in a triumphant. "You may be asking each other why you were assembled here. None know the reason, save me. I have brought you all here to share my plans for our future, a future where everyone can live in harmony, a future where you need not fear for your lives, or the lives of your companions!" Cain began pacing back and forth on the stage, emphatically gesturing with his hands as he spoke. "I plan on travelling the world with a company of the best soldiers I can find. I need good men and women who are willing to sacrifice anything for the greater good. Not all of you can come, and those who stay have a duty to fulfill that is much more important than mine. The middle realm is still in turmoil, although we have done much to sooth the chaos. I need those who stay to defend this home that we have created, this great, unified nation of man. I will search tirelessly for allies of humanity, any race, no matter how weak. I will forge friendships that transcend puny alliances, bonds that will last for ages to come, this is how true peace is created! After this is done, I shall return to you, my people. Remain faithful, my friends, and we shall prevail. Never forget those who have died to bring you here, and those who will die for our future, and finally, never abandon the principles that have made you into the people you are today. You are all great men and women, never forget that." Cain had stopped pacing during the middle of his speech, and had adopted a warmer, more personal tone. Now he stood tall, and raised his armored fist into the air as he shouted gloriously. "We have brought light to this dark place! The middle realm has prospered under our benevolent rule, and so shall the other realms once we claim the Aether throne!" The assembled army cheered thunderously.

The Archangel Gabriel

Michael had left with but a few ominous words and no further room for objection. Standing on the ledge outside his study, Gabriel had watched. And he had thought. Though to all outward appearances he was unchanged, the whole encounter troubled him. This vision of Tabhur... where had it come from? Was it really a premonition that war would begin, or was it something else? A trap, perhaps. And Michael insisting there was no one he could take; it was just like him, but it was also unreasonable. He might have been the strongest among them, physically, but he wasn't the only one who had faced power in the past wars. There were other Archangels with their own skillsets; Gabriel had a hard time imagining that Azrael, for instance, could ever be a liability in battle.

These were but a few of his thoughts as he watched Michael disappear into the sky. His mind churned with them. Walking into a potential trap without anyone to watch his back was a fool's game. For a moment he entertained the thought of sending someone after Michael, in spite of his friend's insistence that there was no one else to take. But his trust in Michael stayed his hand. Perhaps his friend was prone to making rash decisions at times, but he knew Tabhur's strength better than any, and he knew his own strength as well. All that was left for Gabriel to do was to wait and to watch.

So he watched. He cast a thread to Michael's mind so he could keep track of his friend even as Michael traveled to the Middle Realm, and waited.

Time passed and, bit by bit, progress was made. Michael left the Aether to begin seeking out Tabhur while Gabriel stood in the Aether with his eyes shut, letting feeling and magic guide him beyond sight. Before he sensed further progress with Michael, however, a second problem developed.

Mihr, the Archangel of Magic, signaled that he was departing from the Aether to investigate a demon in the Middle Realm. It diverted Gabriel's attention until his mind was nearly split with Mihr and his demon on one side and Michael on the other. He felt a certain sense of resignation at the former. While he was grateful to have eyes on any demon in the Middle Realm, he would have preferred a different approach. That was too late, now, so Gabriel was left watching the both of them without ever seeing.

Trouble came to a head with Michael before any hint of Tabhur was even revealed. Gabriel nearly winced at the burst of unexpected power, at the heat of the rage he felt from Michael at having been called arrogant. He could see the human through Michael's mind's-eye, hear the promise of war from the Middle Realm--though it was cast aside as insignificant by his friend--and that feeling of foreboding that had been growing inside him since Michael had first come doubled. Michael's reaction didn't help.

Gabriel's eyes opened and for the first time, something very like annoyance showed on his face. A home destroyed, a life wasted, and war provoked--and all for what? For Michael's pride and vanity? That was not justice. That was abuse of power.

Michael, return. Gabriel sent to order to Michael's mind, and it was an order, with no place for argument. Gabriel preferred to lead from the masses, rather than to rule from above--it meant there were very few direct orders that he gave, but when he did they were obeyed.

He reached out with magic to the other Archangels and summoned the lot of them. Mihr's trouble with demons could wait, Michael's search for Tabhur could wait.

Archangels, to me.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub's eyes shifted throughout the entirety of his form, watching both the angel and the mages, as well as the demon in front of him. He also had other eyes roaming all over him, looking all around him for any other unexpected guest. As of now, there were more than enough annoyances in his presence, and he didn't want to deal with more. He wasn't a stranger to violence, nor was he hopeless in its use, but he didn't like to be interrupted when busy, which tended to be most of the time. Neither the angel nor the mages seemed to take his warning seriously, and simply blocked the swarm of flies as it quickly enveloped the area. Soon enough, nothing was visible but the squirming bodies of the insects, buzzing around trying to find anything to infect with plague or to bite on. Beelzebub took this chance to slip away from the encounter, which he wouldn't even dignify it by calling it an escape for there had been no danger to him. His body burst in several places, as if multiple explosions were happening inside of him, and pieces of flesh, bone, and tendrils were thrown around until his form was no more. From the spot he had previously occupied, a single fly stood, although one was hard pressed to call it a fly. It was bigger than even the flies around it, and it had too many legs and wings, which were leathery and vestigial. It quickly dived into the swarm and lost itself among its brethren, before the swarm moved towards the sky in unison, leaving behind the mages, the angel, and the demon untouched. Not the most elegant of exits, but Beelzebub didn't care for show, only efficiency.

Mihr realized that he should return to Aether immediately. And so he would open up a portal not saying a word to the mage, realizing that something bad had most likely just gone down, if he was being signaled back to the Aether. Mihr would swiftly open up a portal back to Aether, the Blue hue would give off light in the area briefly. The almost whimsical and mystical colors could be seen radiating from within the portal as Mihr stepped in. Many thoughts crossed his mind as he entered the portal, to return to Gabriel. He sincerely hoped that Tabhur hadn't broken out..or something worse. He had to get there quickly, he saw the colors similar to entering the middle realm, fly by him, as he eventually made it back to the familiar terrain of the Aether. Everything looked elegant and in tip top shape as ever, but now was not the time for such observations. Mihr would quickly portal himself in front of Gabriel. "What is wrong...Gabriel?..." Mihr asked seemingly quite serious and even a bit solemn in nature. Mihr would stand there patiently awaiting a response from the fellow archangel. "Beelzebub was down in the Middle Realm...But he quickly departed, As we out numbered him, there was also a demoness there I believe..she was ...quite beautiful in actuality..." Mihr couldn't help but recall such.. "I believe that she was using some form of magic though.....trickery..." Mihr quickly added after. "The Archmage was also there too, as he must have sensed Beelzebub as well.."I have a feeling that he was up to nothing good..." Mihr MIHRLY added....quite dryly. Quantum Leek Quantum Leek

The Archmage

The Archmage watched as the cloud of flies disappeared into the sky, and he felt a string of magic ripple through the world, but it wasn't demonic. He tapped into it, albeit very briefly, to hear the Aether King, Gabriel, call for the Angels, Mihr among them, and he let out a sigh of relief. He let the magical shield between him and his student and the now gone flies fall, and he opened another portal to the library from whence he came.

After stepping through it, he spoke to his Peer as he moved through the shelves and cabinets until he came to a small green wooden cabinet and opened it, revealing a dozen nearly identical amulets. Removing one from its holder, he spoke to his Peer as the Binding Staffs shot from his belt to where they were before, and two stronger ones came to his hands instead.
"I will follow Beelzebub. I'd much rather you stay here, but if you'll come, then don't forget to bring a Shadow Amulet."

He then turned and opened another portal to where they were before. He put the amulet around his neck and disappeared, though Amaryllis would be able to see him, albeit as a slightly vague shadow, once she put on an amulet, then he disappeared through the portal, and flying high above the trees, he cast a spell that showed him Beelzebub's trail as before, and he followed it, made more silent and unseeable by the amulet around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Azrael

Azrael was seated on his seat of stone, cold and great like a throne, set upon a flight of steps. His castle was dark, lit merely by a few beams of sunlight which came from above and the occasional torch of the passing servant. His great blade, stained with blood, was to his side, leaning against the arm of his seat. His eyes were shut as the servants placed an assortment of food on the long table below his throne, and he felt Gabriel calling for him.

His eye suddenly opened, glowing silver in the shadows like moonlight, and he rose from his seat. Sliding his great blade onto his back, Azrael sprouted four great black wings and took off through a wide window in the ceiling, flying high above the Aether, making his way to Gabriel's castle.

Landing before Gabriel and Mihr, he bowed his head to the former.
"What is it, sire?" He asked the king. His voice was deep, but surprisingly not as much as his form conveys, and his black eyes looked into Gabriel's.

Amaryllis

For a few moments there seemed to be nothing but a swarm of flies outside of the shield that the Archmage had cast. Amaryllis didn't gape or cower--though she might have, if she hadn't had so much pride--instead she hovered very still, just behind her master with her hand clenched white-knuckled on the shaft of her glaive and her eyes watching sharply for any change outside. In the absence of sight, she relied on the feel of the world outside--the way magic twisted and wrapped around them. There was the demonic net from Beelzebub, the shield from the Archmage, and something else--like a whisper--twinging through. Then it was gone before she could catch it. The flies were gone, as well, taking to the sky with Beelzebub among them. She felt the angelic magic as the Archangel cast a gate and disappeared.

The Archmage lost no time in casting another portal to take them back to the library, and Amaryllis didn't hesitate to follow him, her feet touching down gently on the floor as her wind cloak let her sink lower. She watched as he re-equipped himself, and met his gaze as he told her he would prefer she stayed... but not that she needed to.

"I am coming," Amaryllis said, and there was no doubt in her voice; it held the same solid confidence as ever.

She pulled an amulet from the cabinet and dropped it over her head, feeling the magic more than seeing its effects. The Archmage was already passing through his second portal; she hurried after him, intent on not being left behind--and not being a burden.

The great giant followed the King deep into the waters. He paid little attention to the mermaid, after he had established her lowly status. Even from a ways off Niom could see the majestic glow of his underwater kingdom.

At the gate Biom noticed the recently killed leviathans near the wall. Being one of the more dangerous creatures you would have to deal with in the sea, if anything it was a testament to Polybotes might. Inside the walls Niom studied the life around him. The buildings where vibrant and colorful, compared to the dim, rocky tone of his kingdom. As the went further into the kingdom, they finally came to rest at the entrance of the King's forge. "My, my Polybotes, you humble yourself, your forges here are truly excellent, I would expect no less from the King of the sea" Niom was about to say something else to Polybotes, when he visibly tensed. He quickly glanced at his a gem embedded in his bracer, as if to confirm something. "Do you feel that?" He turned to Polybotes, his voice edged on annoyance. "It's those dammed demons and angles, powerful ones at that, they don't know when to leave the middle realm alone" He scowled in deep thought. "I am sorry Polybotes, but if what I think is coming, is true, then I need to be at my throne" He grumbled. "Perhaps another time will have more of an official visitation" He bowed apologetically, beforemoving with quick speed back towards the surface.

BDark BDark

Dinah Senade
Rowan Wasteland > Courtyard

But she must make haste! The wretched Beelzebub had rudely refused her generous help without a second thought, which left her alone with the mages to deal with. Oh, cruel fate. Why must you torment such a pretty soul? She knew her limit, the boundary of her power. As high and tall she thought of herself, the opposing force was merely too strong for her alone. Not that she couldn't defeat them, but she would certainly leave with wounds, and pain was something she hoped to avoid. She stood mutely, uncertain on what to do next.

Fortunately, she was spared from making any decision when the two mages entered their convenient portal. Clinging to the precious opportunity, the wind blew with a motion of her hand, carrying her up into the air, away from the wasteland and the danger it contained. The current was gentle, like the wind promise when she landed. She allowed a burst of air to carry her upward, higher into the sky. Her hairs, soft, shadowy strands, fluttered behind her. It was a nice feeling, one she enjoyed indeed.

High from the endless sky, she heard a muffled cry from below. If she was anywhere lower, she would hear the chorus of screams, of energetic shouts and fiery spirit. Curiosity piqued, Dinah descended into the source of the sound, a city big enough for her taste. She created a gust of dirt below her, allowing her to land over the gate undetected as the guards covered their eyes from dust. She slipped into the crowd, parasol in hand. Her glamour surged briefly as she made it more subtle, less attractive. Beauty is a weapon, but it can attract unnecessary attention. She stared right at the man giving the speech, one of taking the throne from the angels.

Well, wasn't it interesting.

SecondBreaking SecondBreaking

Cain stayed as his people began to file out of the vast courtyard to either prepare for the journey, or say their farewells to those who would be leaving them. Either way Cain was eventually left alone in the massive courtyard. An air of solitude permeated the courtyard as Cain sat at one of the many benches that lines the perimeter of the cloister. There was a garden that surrounded the courtyard that could be seen through the sparse columns that served as the walls of the courtyard, but even those were seemingly empty of people. Except for one person. Cain had sensed a being with a magical presence nearby, he felt it when he was speaking but disregarded it for the time being. But now he had time to address it, so he stood and approached the being. It appeared to be a woman holding a parasol wearing a dress, but she possessed demon magic, an aura all too familiar to Cain, one that harshly contrasted from that of the angels, yet hauntingly similar as well. Cain smiled and spoke to the woman in a warm tone. "Welcome to Forosa. You are new here, are you not? We don't have many visitors of your... background." He said this last part with emphasis, though was obvious that he held no malice towards Dinah. "If you have come looking for a life of peace, you need look no further for me and my people will accept you unconditionally. My name is Cain." He extended his gauntleted hand to Dinah in a gesture of friendship.

Damafaud Damafaud

Dinah Senade
Forosa Courtyard

Without any sign of hesitancy, she grasped his offered hand in return, letting his gauntleted hand touch her naked flesh. In an instant, her gift, one she had suppressed ever so carefully, flare into life. Her appearance shifted completely for the man in front of him, changing to what for him will be the true definition of beauty. She couldn't help it. Even if she wanted to, she can't stop her glamour from covering her, from making her into what others want her to be, not who she really was. Cain was different, and that made her smile.

"Other than my brother, you are the first being to accept me knowing what I really am, " her voice was sweet and attractive, like golden honey dripping slowly from a teaspoon. Indeed, angels and demons once loved her, but the war had turned that love into deeply rooted hatred. The angels hated her for being a demon, while her kind shunned her for running away, for refusing to fight for their cause. The satyrs and mermaids had accepted her before, but only because of her glamour, one that allowed her to conceal her true self.

She let go of his hand, before continuing with slight hesitation "After the war, I am acquitted with many yet known to few. Even fewer of those that will greet me with a smile. Most being know me as Lady Shadow, but my brother called me Dinah. Do refer to me as Dinah, " her name felt weird from her own lips. It was not like she told him her true name, but her birth name was something intimate to her, one she shared with little. She hoped Cain will appreciate it.

Her manner became tense ever so slightly that it almost nonexistent. Her face lost it's smile as she spoke in a serious tone, "Do you meant it, Cain? To throw the angels from their throne in Aether? To free yourself from the grasp of their so-called divine power? " her left hand twirled the parasol she held gingerly, giving her a faucet to let her nervous energy flow.

Cain lowered his hand after she took it. "I do." He said simply. He turned about and clasped his hands behind his back. "This war has been dragged on for far too long, and it has swallowed up too many good men and women. They had hopes for the future, you know. They wanted their children to live in better times, but times have not changed. The effects of this war are not restricted to just the living, but the dead as well. Their souls cannot rest as long as this war is waged, I can feel their pain." He clutched his chest after he said that, and the air seemed to thicken for a moment. Then he dropped his hand and the atmosphere changed drastically. Cain turned towards Dinah, and although she could not see his face, for he wore a helmet, it seemed as if he was smiling underneath. A warm glow emanated from Cain, a calming aura that soothed Dinah's nerves as he spoke. "Fear not, Dinah. Whether we win or lose this war, there will always be a place in the Middle Realm for those who desire peace, and you will always be welcome there." Cain said this last part in a more delicate, intimate tone that he rarely used with his people. Dinah shared something intimate with him, and he appreciated her trust in him deeply. "Now then, should we find you a place to stay for the night?" He asked.

Damafaud Damafaud

Dinah Senade
Forosa Courtyard

Her smile radiated warmth when she stared at Cain. It had been long since she slept on a real bed. Her time as a mermaid forced her to sleep on coral. Not uncomfortable, but she missed the feel of cotton, of soft fur blanket and the warmth of sunshine in the morning. "That would be pleasant. Your kindness is overwhelming, "

She consciously touched the small stump on her back. It was invisible to others under her glamour, yet she can feel it still. Her broken wings, taken by an angel. She simply wanted to leave, to live peacefully in another place, yet he still cut her down. The grudge held, even after the war was over. Revenge was still fresh in her mind. "If there's anything I can do to help for your cause, do tell me; I want nothing more than to live in peace, but a need of payback burns true inside me. "

"I am glad that you wish to help us. It means more to me than you know." Cain said as he led Dinah out of the castle and into the streets of the city. Cain walked steadily, searching for a place of residence that he could house her. It was obvious that Cain was not fully familiar with the layout of Forosa, for he soon stopped and asked for directions. The man Cain stopped seemed more than happy to help, pointing them towards an inn that Dinah could spend the night in. Cain stopped at the door of the inn, it was a heavy set oak door, well worn with age, and muffled laughter could be heard from within. Cain pushed the door open with one hand, and politely gestured for Dinah to enter if she pleased. As she went in, he followed soon after, shutting the door behind him. The gleeful atmosphere of the inn washed over Cain and Dinah as they entered the common room. Men of all classes sat at the tables of the inn, soldiers sat in groups gambling and yelling in excitement as the dice rolled, merchants were seated in the corners of the inn discussing their trade routes privately with armed guards sitting nearby, most of the people were the common folk sitting at all the middle tables, speaking loudly and laughing raucously as they drank and ate while the maids swiftly and skillfully made their way between the tables of the room. Cain led Dinah through the rabble, stopping at the counter. He asked for the innkeeper and soon after a plump man came out of the kitchen gesturing profusely and shouting out another order over the din of the inn at those inside before the door shut behind him. As Dinah waited for the innkeeper and Cain to finish with their deal, she would notice that these people were not surprised about Cain's sudden appearance, and his actions did not seem to disrupt the activity in the inn whatsoever. In fact, the atmosphere seemed to become even more festive after he entered as the people went about their various activities.

Cain then turned towards Dinah, holding a key in his hand. "Here, take this. This is the key to the room you will be staying in." He said as he placed the key in her hand, closing her fingers around it with his other hand. Cain then led Dinah up the stairs of the inn, which were located next to the bar. It was noticeably less quiet here, as the normal sounds of the inn were effectively muted, although every once and a while some cheers could be heard from below form a particularly loud group of merrymakers. The stairs led up to a corridor where the guest guest rooms were. Cain stopped at the third door from the stairs and spoke. "This is your room. I'll be staying in the room at the far end of the hall. If you need anything, don't hesitate to come and knock on my door. I'm a light sleeper." He said with a chuckle. He then turned around, but didn't leave immediately. He took on a much more serious and foreboding tone. "I've seen what revenge does to people. It kindles a fire in them that consumes everything inside until they're hollowed out with nothing left for them to live for." He put his hand on the wall and turned his helmeted face towards Dinah. "I hope that doesn't happen to you."

Damafaud Damafaud

Dinah Senade
Forosa Inn

She tried to suppress a laugh. It wouldn't be polite to do so after his warm welcome to her. Instead, she turned the laugh into a grim smile. She ignored the occasional glance people gave her and focused her gaze at Cain. She could understand his concern. Revenge should be served as a side dish for purpose, her father always said. But what he couldn't understand was her reason. Her wings were as precious as her own eyes, and he took it from her. The freedom of her kind, how she could feel the wind against her soft wings. She had her parasol, but it was not the same.

Yet, she couldn't make him understand her pain. So she put a smile on her face and patted his shoulder in a reassuring manner. "Revenge has a special place in my heart. But it doesn't take it all. " She lightly kissed his visor. A breeze of wind carried her breath into the helmet. Avoiding any useless move, she swiftly entered her bedroom. For a while, she entertained the thought of getting some sleep. The thought was whisked away as she set her priority straight. She must write to Drevis. He needs to know the development of the events.

She wrote for an hour or two before sealing the letter. A silver coin appeared on top of it as she wished it. The coin turned into a small cloud and it floated away, out of her window, to find the recipient.

After Dinah went into her room Cain wiped any residual kiss mark that might have been left off his visor. Cain knew little about demons, but he did know that they lived much longer than humans. He suspected that Dinah was some sort of seductress that thrived off of affection from other entities. As long as she caused no harm to his people, he was fine with that. Cain had no time to become infatuated with any woman, even if she was from another realm. Cain walked to the end of the corridor with the methodical thud of his heavy boots signalling his movement, and opened the door to his room. It had already been arranged with a desk and a large stack of parchment was piled atop it. Cain sat down in the chair with a sigh and began working through the many important matters that needed to be addressed such as protection of vital trade routes, and the defense of farmers from marauding bandits.

Cain worked throughout the night, and the thudding of boots could be heard even in the earliest hours of the morning as messengers and people transporting documents from the field went back and forth from his room. Everything he had regarding negotiations with other nations had been destroyed when the angel attacked him, forcing him to rewrite many important documents that took him countless hours to make.

Before the sun rose, Cain finished his dealings in the room and left the inn. Cain was somewhat positive that all of the other patrons were sound asleep either in a room or in a gutter somewhere completely drunk. Cain left the inn in a rather solemn mood, and a procession of soldiers waited for him in a similar mood. They were leaving Forosa, a place that was a safe haven for them, their home. Cain understood their anxiety. Ge gestured for them to follow him as he made his way slowly to the docks where a ship was being loaded with supplies for the voyage. They would be heading to the land of the satyrs first. Although the satyrs were a rather inconsequential and rather weak race overall, they shared many similarities with humans, and would be an asset to Cain no matter how small. Cain also wanted to extend his friendship to all races of the middle realm, no matter how insignificant they may seem on the surface. The pier was very foggy, and vision was restricted severely. The only way to tell that Cain was in the pier was by the potent smell of fish, and the constant yelling and swearing of the sailors as they went about their rigorous jobs. Cain knew that the voyage would have to be postponed for a few hours until the fog rose, so he sat down on a crate and gestured for his men to relax in a likewise manner. They complied, albeit somewhat nervously. Some of these men were born and raised in Forosa, and haven't even seen the lands beyond what could be seen from behind the walls. This would be a grand voyage, by the time these soldiers were done stories may even be told of the adventures these men will experience. Cain just hoped they were prepared for what was to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back