• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Time for War

Jon

Soldier of Fortune
Hey, I'm Jonathan, and I conform to the typical RP standards.

Be mildly literate, post in the third person with some degree of detail, and we can ghost when one of us grows bored.

I would code fancy tabs with world-building but I haven't really thought the plot out completely. The basic gist of it is a political drama set between houses akin to Game of Thrones if that is something that interests you.

There would be the usual drama (lies, spies, deals, betrayal) but no wars.

The continent started out with dozens of kingdoms that remained at war for centuries. Up until the "Age of Heroes" when champions of eight kingdoms through their strength managed to unite their surrounding lands until only eight kingdoms controlled the land.

Seeing that the constant war prevented progress, the heroes (who in most cases joined the royal families) decided to settle disputes and negotiate through duels. Gaining a great deal of respect for each other, these duels were rarely ever to the death. The duels built bonds between the royal families and earned the love of the people who enjoyed the epic battles and were happy to see their Lords fighting for them for once instead of the other way around as it have been for centuries. This also left people time to focus on their trade leading to a general renaissance and golden age.

As the years passed, the number of duels dwindled but the royal families always focused on their specific combat strength. I think some families could have magic or special weapons maybe. Ultimately leading to an annual contest (think the Olympics) where all kingdoms would duel once a year to negotiate trade agreements and settle disputes for that year.

Still thinking about whether this will be set in a medieval setting or if they've progressed into the modern age but have maintained this federal political system given the peace it has brought.

Regardless, the evil kingdom for various reasons decides to invoke the old rules and challenges a neighboring kingdom to a duel. They kill their champion and lay claim to their lands. Possibly due to some special weapon or cheating, the evil kingdom defeats another royal family and requests that all families submit to them and their complete rule of the continent.

The royal families all refuse to which the evil kingdom declares that it will host the annual Olympics. The kingdoms are unsure if they should participate with some kingdoms thinking a return to ordinary war would best solve this. The main conflicts to start being who is the evil kingdom's champion and what is their overwhelming power, should they do the duel Olympics/could they beat said evil champion, should a real war be considered if they win or lose.

This is probably a lot for a 1v1 so I'll probably look to condense this down but looking for a partner to brainstorm. I prefer 1x1 for simplicity's sake but I could see this working as a group.

I look forward to your messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back