• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A temporary Isekai while we fight for our lives.

Clairikins

Lesbian Extraordinaire
Megilagor Megilagor archur archur
Welcome! I think we're still waiting for at least one more person, but we can get started with making our characters and working on our decks!
I think the most important thing to start with is the obvious: do your characters know each other?
And then we can find commanders for both of you.

that really depends. bt i think they at least know of each other, but knowing each other would depend on Shadowfalls choice.

So, I've essentially got two character concepts, one more fleshed out than the other, revolving around essentially two words:
Hunger, and Judgement.

aight so here's a sentence or two that gets right to the point for each of them:

Judgement: A former assassin who had a really bad job. So bad, he had to make a bargain. A few of them, actually. First his weapons for safety, his name for anonymity, his armor to hide, and his soul for life. Now, he refers to himself as the Magistrate, due to the demon that lives within him, constantly making contracts and enacting its will through him. It's goal? Exact judgement. The demon sees itself as judge, and the magistrate is both jury and executioner.

I was thinking he'd have a Kelsien, The Plague deck. Mardu is a fairly good color to represent "evil judgment" that isn't Orzhov or Boros. Kelsien is an assassin and will have a number of different brokers, deal makers, poisons, other assassins, and the occasional demon in the deck.

Hunger: I have much less for this one actually, but the idea is a living weapon, created only to be deployed, to kill, and to die very shortly after, realizing that its purpose is that. While its body yearns for combat- to feast, really- it also wants to choose to do things that aren't killing and eating people. Not necessarily "be a human", but definitely "being alone really sucks, having a few friends would be cool." Probably some sort of homunculus or other artificial being?

I have no idea what sort of deck they'd play, but colors do come to mind. Blue, possibly red. Izzet? Esper? Dimir? Unsure. Definitely not a bad person by choice, but certainly a dangerous person by nature.

that really depends. bt i think they at least know of each other, but knowing each other would depend on Shadowfalls choice.
They definitely should know of each other, knowing each other is up to Megil(?). Meg? Lagor? Gil? Do you have a preferred name?

Last edited:
So, I've essentially got two character concepts, one more fleshed out than the other, revolving around essentially two words:
Hunger, and Judgement.

aight so here's a sentence or two that gets right to the point for each of them:

Judgement: A former assassin who had a really bad job. So bad, he had to make a bargain. A few of them, actually. First his weapons for safety, his name for anonymity, his armor to hide, and his soul for life. Now, he refers to himself as the Magistrate, due to the demon that lives within him, constantly making contracts and enacting its will through him. It's goal? Exact judgement. The demon sees itself as judge, and the magistrate is both jury and executioner.

I was thinking he'd have a Kelsien, The Plague deck. Mardu is a fairly good color to represent "evil judgment" that isn't Orzhov or Boros. Kelsien is an assassin and will have a number of different brokers, deal makers, poisons, other assassins, and the occasional demon in the deck.

Hunger: I have much less for this one actually, but the idea is a living weapon, created only to be deployed, to kill, and to die very shortly after, realizing that its purpose is that. While its body yearns for combat- to feast, really- it also wants to choose to do things that aren't killing and eating people. Not necessarily "be a human", but definitely "being alone really sucks, having a few friends would be cool." Probably some sort of homunculus or other artificial being?

I have no idea what sort of deck they'd play, but colors do come to mind. Blue, possibly red. Izzet? Esper? Dimir? Unsure. Definitely not a bad person by choice, but certainly a dangerous person by nature.

They definitely should know of each other, knowing each other is up to Megil(?). Meg? Lagor? Gil? Do you have a preferred name?
Hunger sounds like a Germ deck for sure
1694667787062.png
Specifically your character is the Stangg Twin token, created just to be eaten, with equipment and auras that create creatures, such as germ tokens, on ETB, only to have everything be consumed by the ever-burning hunger that follows your every movement.
I hope that works with your idea~

Man, it's been a minute since I've seen Stangg, but yeah that very much works for that character.

Just call me Meg, it will be easier to remember that way. and don't worry about my name being weird its from tolkiens elvish language and was made like 13 years ago or so. so yeah.

And for my character im thinking something akin to "Warden of the Wilds".
They would take care of the wilderness so it prospers, both its flora and fauna, while they would often repel other humanoids that aren't natives from the wild.
Like raising beasts from eggs, and saprolling tokens. So probably Atla Palani type deck.

Their personality would be pretty simple.
They are a bit recluse and antisocial to humanoid people so they lived most of their life with flora and fauna of the forest. [i think of their plane/realm like Zendikar but bigger and far more wild areas, and of course its not being a mtg plane]
They think of the animals within the forest as their family, and the forest as their home, as they were raised within it by some animals after being abandoned by their parents there for some unknown to him reason [might be explained during rp but not right now still need to figure out why].
Thankfully they were raised by a group of animals under the care of a forest nymph or something.

Yes they as in i haven't figured out their gender pretty much my idea is a rough draft, but their deck would mostly contain animals [beast/dinos and all that], nymphs, elementals, maybe an occasional elf. And yes the further on the right of this list the lesser quantity of that thing in the deck.

So something like a ramp deck but for creatures and not for mana.

Just call me Meg, it will be easier to remember that way. and don't worry about my name being weird its from tolkiens elvish language and was made like 13 years ago or so. so yeah.
Ah, I see it now. Sindarin. There are many elvish -il or -el names in that one, compared to the other two scripts. Tolkien is a big inspiration for me, so I appreciate the reference.

i think they at least know of each other
I think I'm leaning toward the Hunger character more than the Judgement one. To flesh them out a little more, considering they're R/G, they were at one point some artificial being created to be a recreation of a great warlord, or otherwise an incredibly powerful weapon that was left abandoned for a long time due to the death of their creator. Time passes, nature reclaims what was taken from it,

I'd like to think the synapses and other important functions were left incomplete, and as the moss and mold grew over the body, that spark was all that was needed to ignite the fire of life within. So, you've got this weapon-thing running around the wild, screwing with elementals, animals, and non-natives who dare enter the wild, but over time gaining something of sentience and independence.

I have some ideas beyond this. Perhaps being hunted by adventurers who want this "clearly evil and dangerous" creature dead before it does something terrible, or by servants of its former master, seeking to reclaim his work. People ultimately try to bind them down to their will, whether that ends in servitude or death, and the thing does its best to resist.

Perhaps they've heard of each other through rumor, or crossed paths a few times as both creatures of the forest, no?

Hearing about themselves from rumors is viable for sure as well as crossing paths a few times. Hell My character could have let yours reside in his dwelling for a bit before sending you off.
Possibly treating him as the non-native aka invader at first before warming up enough to be "I don't like you being here but you can stay as long as you need just don't cause problems or i will have to act."

Drat, I can't paste images in here on my phone.
Meg, how about a deck that makes a whole bunch of different tokens? Plants, animals, eggs, just going wide with it all?
I found a few interesting commanders that could work with it as well beyond just Atla Palani.
Ellyn Harbreeze or Ginger Sculptor could be interesting choices.

well not a ginger sculptor if we are supposed to embody the commanders. but nah i think i will remain with Atla Palani, fits the backstory more and is actually about cultivating creatures.
Ginger scupltor requires the creature to die and it returning as a gingerbread construct so not really the vibe. and Ellyn Harbreeze just shifts through the deck, and both of them are related to a city/civilization.
which they clearly arent a part of.
but i am open to suggestions

Hearing about themselves from rumors is viable for sure as well as crossing paths a few times. Hell My character could have let yours reside in his dwelling for a bit before sending you off.
Possibly treating him as the non-native aka invader at first before warming up enough to be "I don't like you being here but you can stay as long as you need just don't cause problems or i will have to act."
Hunger Morrigan would certainly have a “as long as you don’t leave your fingers too close to my mouth, I won’t bite them” vibe. Lots of watching how your character acts, lots of being very still. Doesn’t quite understand how people work at the time, but forces itself to learn due to the nature of the events that led them there: being severely injured due to people. Few to no words, very simple words if any, exterminates all the vermin in the dwelling. All of them.

Eventually, they just wouldn’t be there one morning. Some metal shavings where they slept and scratched themselves in their sleep, and maybe a dark spot of blood to denote where they ate, and that’d be it.

I’ve put the deck on tapped out, but I’m on mobile at the work so I won’t be able to drop it here for y’all to look at until tonight.

Maybe you might be able to search it up? I’m fairly certain I’ve named it [[this guy doesn’t wash his hands]] because germs lol.

Last edited:
The commander doesn't have to strictly be the character as long as it's something important to the character. Notably there has to be a reason why the character goes from "not taking part in combat" to "now taking part in combat"

I think I found the deck, just make sure to have some plausible reason for why your character knows the non-land cards in the deck so you'll have something to build off of in the story.
"The little machine that likes to play the part of my germ friends by grabbing swords and helms and moving them around.", "The halfling that gave me a bite to eat when no one else would", etc.

well including all the cards in the backstory would be hard, like imagine placing 33 land cards in your backstory. actually whats the deck max size here, like do we put a limit of standard 40/60 or no?
im pretty much stuck in the mindset of 60 cards max [that a local rule where i live, since someone took 120 card deck last time to a local tournament so yeah.]

That's why I said the non-lands
It's a commander deck, so exactly 100 cards including the commander. Technically 101 is possible if you have a companion

roger that. will try drafting a deck sometimes soon. probably tomorrow or soo.

Aye, that’s the deck alright. I’m fairly certain much of the reason will come organically, but the broad stroke reasoning would be Morrigan (that’s the name I’ve decided on for the time being) is a being that’s in the rough shape of a well known figure, hero to some, villain to some others. “Preprogrammed” with knowledge and instinct that mirrors training with most weapons it comes into contact with, both conventional and nonconventional.

Some people, seeing a “thing” in the shape of a powerful warrior from the past would be horrified. Others might try to appease it, others might try to understand it, or even kill it. Lots of the more beastly creatures are just “Morrigan lived in a magical forest for some time”, Rot Shambler and Goblin Anarchomancer come to mind. I’d like to imagine some of these other creatures and equipment are things that were given, found, or dug up, like a Mage Slayer or a Blackblade Reforged.

Some are creatures “remade” in a similar manner to themself, like the Kamigawa equipment creatures or the equipment with the living weapon tag. Things they probably ate, or recognize as being similar to themselves.

Let me know if you would like help Meg, I’m a giant MTG nerd if you couldn’t tell. Just a refresher, it’s a singleton format with 99 cards in the deck, the 100th being the commander. I suggest a balance of 33 lands, and at least 5-6 forms of ramp, whether it be a Rampant Growth, Cultivate, or a Sol Ring.

oh i am kinda a MTG nerd too, its just been a while since i deep dived into the game and lore. but i will gladly ask for help when im stuck.
but seeing ill try to make the deck have a theme and not be overly optimal but not useless it might be hard.

Hi everyone. Updated my idea on interest check but can post here if accepted.

iv actually got a good question, what happens when we run out of our 100 cards?
is it game over like in mtg, or is it that we keep on living just we cant play any more cards?
assuming we do get to that point.

When your deck is empty and you go to draw another card, that’s it. Game over. There’s a deck archetype called mill that entirely focuses on putting your opponent’s deck directly into their graveyard from their library. Blue/black.

i know how it goes mtg style but im talking specifically for this rp.

Well, your library is a representation of your sum of knowledge, and in this rp, your experience, and milling is literally removing their thoughts and experiences directly…

In this short essay, I’d like to prove that milling is a form of bimbofication.

since i dont know how to make a deck on tapped out i made mine here. at least a prototype of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back