• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Taste of the Apocalyptic -- Post-Apocalypse Plots [Reopened]

One Last Dawn

Last Chance Knight
Hello dearest readers of Roleplay Nation, below you will find a bit about me, what I expect of my partners, and a few Post-Apocalypse (or during apocalypse) plots!

What you can expect from me as a roleplaying partner:
  • Active - I will be present without nearly any interruption on weekdays from 8am-4pm EST. Outside of these times, I might only check RpN occasionaly. Weekends are tough for me given how busy I am, but at requested I will make an appearance if only to drop one post.

• Friendship - OOC you and I may be as talkative as you want. I fully support friendship with my roleplay partners.

• Quality - On average I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs. This can vary significantly based on the situation and that which I am provided in my partner's post.

• Collaboration - Do you have ideas that are similar to what is listed below? Do you have a plot you'd like to run by me because I may be a good fit? Would you like to see certain canonical things bent or changed in your favorite fandom? Feel free to tell me! I greatly enjoy collaboration, and I love finding compromise. My foremost goal is that we both enjoy the RP we've built together.

• Flexible - I can double (though I don't always enjoy it), and I can play most genders and orientations, so feel free to make a request. I prefer to play male characters and MxF pairings and at the moment I am not taking on any other pairing dynamics.

• Understanding - Life happens! I will always attempt to warn you of an impending disappearance or hiatus. If I lose interest or find our writing incompatible, you will be informed.

• Mature - I have been roleplaying for fifteen years and I am well over eighteen years of age. No topic or content is taboo in my book. Good writing comes from variety and flavor; sometimes taboo is a good spice!

• Versatile - I am available on many different mediums to roleplay if you'd like to roleplay off of RpN for any reason. Simply ask and we can most certainly work out an alternative method for your convenience.
Now that you know a bit about what to expect from me, allow me to list what I expect/prefer in my partners:

• Activity - I don't expect you to be around as frequently as I am, but I would enjoy at least a post a day Monday through Friday.

• Quality - I firmly believe that the length of a post is not indicative of it's quality. That said, I doubt one or two lines will provide the necessary amount of plot or detail I need to make my own quality post. I don't expect a Steven King novel in my inbox every day, but please exercise some creative strength!

• Maturity - I would ask that all of my partners be seventeen years of age or older. Playing outside my age range can be difficult as it is, I've made it as open as I feel I reasonably can. Please respect this expectation.

• Flexibility - I would appreciate a partner who is willing to play canon characters with original characters. In return I am willing to double.

• Understanding - As mentioned above: life happens. If you need to take a leave of absence or simply do not enjoy our roleplay, let me know! There are no hard feelings, enjoyment for both people is important. If we can't work something out, we can go our separate ways.

• Detail - As much as I hope you include detail in your writing, I also expect that you know how to pay attention to them. From what I have read, people often just skip to the bottom of these without reading through the expectations section. If you have actually gone through all of this, please put the underlined word from this section in your reply. Thank you.
Note: I require that potential roleplay partners provide a writing sample upon request. Writing incompatibility is problematic for me, and should we be incompatible as partners I would prefer to save us both time and effort. If you are unwilling to submit a sample when it is requested, I will not carry on with the conversation.

Italics indicate a the role (if any) I want to play.

Prime Directive -
In the near future, a government program to produce the most potent soldiers the world has ever seen is nearing its completion. Disaster strikes when a strange contagion of unknown origin spreads across the country like a plague, causing undead-like symptoms in the infected and rapid mutation of their genome in a manner resonant of some aggressive cancers. Only 1 in 10 individuals prove immune to the disease, and the country falls quickly into chaos. Evacuations to safe zones are ordered, and other countries of the world scramble to evacuate the uninfected with slow, but well-meaning humanitarian efforts. The vast majority of civilization crumbles, leaving pockets of military forces operating without a chain of command. Sensing the end of their nation, the base commander of the enhancement project facility decides that the very first and last mission of his life's work should be that of strong moral fiber. He deploys this project troopers with a single, absolute directive: "Locate and rescue any survivors outside of the safe zones, see them through to evacuation. Eliminate any threat to this objective with extreme prejudice." (Soldier x Survivor)

Malefic Rain - After a meteor impacts Earth, a parasitic entity begins rampant infection of the population. A hivemind entity, the creature absorbs all life capable of sustaining its psyche and forces terrible mutation to make them useful for its purposes. The entity intends on consuming all life on the planet, draining all organic resources as fuel, and taking back to the stars in search of another planet ripe for plunder. Humanity is dwindling and the remnant humans are mounting as effective a resistance as they can. But an enemy both infinitely ravenous and intelligent is a difficult enemy to defeat. Only when a resistance scientists concocts a poison capable of killing the creature is there even a glimmer of hope--but such a weapon needs to be deployed directly into the central nervous node of the monstrosity in order to be effective. With limited combat capable forces, the resistance is forced to look for a rather undesirable alternative: a mental institution for veterans. Virtually untouched for reasons unknown, it is rumored that some of the inmates are still alive. A crazy person with military training is a huge risk, but perhaps their only real chance. (Resistance Fighter x Asylum Soldier)

Not With a Whisper - The end of days has come, though it is far less straightforward than one might expect. Hellish creatures do battle with celestial entities on vast battlefields all across the earth, but humanity is not without defense. Conventional weapons are effective on the warriors of heaven and hell, and both sides appear to have split into factions of their own. The Puritan Truth are an angelic faction that wants to purge Earth of all things non-angelic--human, demon, it does not matter. Rebirth in Flame are the antithesis of The Puritan Truth, demanding the destruction of the Earth so that it may be reborn in fire. Servants of the Inheritor are an angelic faction that demand Earth be returned to the humans, and that the demons cast back down into the pit. The Reclamation are a demonic faction who care not for Earth or the humans, but demand to be restored to their former stations in heaven--and are willing to massacre the heavenly host to accomplish their goal. The New Eden Alliance are the only group to directly consider the wants and needs of the humans being so frivolously destroyed in the supernatural squabbles. The NEA consists of humans, angels, and demons who are willing to share the Earth and start anew as one society. Who knows which faction will claim victory from the ashes of the human world? (NEA Human x Angel) OR (NEA Human x Demon)

Bones of Silence - A man lives in an elevated home build over the skeleton of an old power line tower. He has not strayed far from the site of the very last battle fought by mankind before the earth fell silent. Having been alone for so long, he figures that maybe--just maybe--he is the last person on Earth. The mutated creatures of the world that once posed a threat to him are now easily dispatched, and his survival skills have sharpened to a fine point. However, his solitude is interrupted by more survivors than he could ever have imagined. Ripped from his world of silence, the man discovers a whole new world has risen from the ashes beyond his sight. (Hermit x Survivor)

Last edited:
I didn't expect to find such interesting roles!
I am very much interested in the Prime Directive plot, though I love them all as well.

I am a new member and can't send Pms yet, so I hope to hear from you soon!.

I am interested in the Prime Directive, Not With a Whisper, and Bones of Silence plots! Of course I don't think I would want to do all three at the same time.

Also, you probably weren't expecting this to happen, but the pairings at the bottom of Not With a Whisper are both the same (NEA Human x Angel).

I am interested in the Prime Directive, Not With a Whisper, and Bones of Silence plots! Of course I don't think I would want to do all three at the same time.

Also, you probably weren't expecting this to happen, but the pairings at the bottom of Not With a Whisper are both the same (NEA Human x Angel).

You are quite correct, I meant to allow for an Angel or a Demon. In any case, please do send me a PM when you have a moment to do so. Thanks!

Hello dearest readers of Roleplay Nation, below you will find a bit about me, what I expect of my partners, and a few Post-Apocalypse (or during apocalypse) plots!

What you can expect from me as a roleplaying partner:
  • Active - I will be present without nearly any interruption on weekdays from 8am-4pm EST. Outside of these times, I might only check RpN occasionaly. Weekends are tough for me given how busy I am, but at requested I will make an appearance if only to drop one post.

• Friendship - OOC you and I may be as talkative as you want. I fully support friendship with my roleplay partners.

• Quality - On average I post anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs. This can vary significantly based on the situation and that which I am provided in my partner's post.

• Collaboration - Do you have ideas that are similar to what is listed below? Do you have a plot you'd like to run by me because I may be a good fit? Would you like to see certain canonical things bent or changed in your favorite fandom? Feel free to tell me! I greatly enjoy collaboration, and I love finding compromise. My foremost goal is that we both enjoy the RP we've built together.

• Flexible - I can double (though I don't always enjoy it), and I can play most genders and orientations, so feel free to make a request. I prefer to play male characters and MxF pairings and at the moment I am not taking on any other pairing dynamics.

• Understanding - Life happens! I will always attempt to warn you of an impending disappearance or hiatus. If I lose interest or find our writing incompatible, you will be informed.

• Mature - I have been roleplaying for fifteen years and I am well over eighteen years of age. No topic or content is taboo in my book. Good writing comes from variety and flavor; sometimes taboo is a good spice!

• Versatile - I am available on many different mediums to roleplay if you'd like to roleplay off of RpN for any reason. Simply ask and we can most certainly work out an alternative method for your convenience.
Now that you know a bit about what to expect from me, allow me to list what I expect/prefer in my partners:

• Activity - I don't expect you to be around as frequently as I am, but I would enjoy at least a post a day Monday through Friday.

• Quality - I firmly believe that the length of a post is not indicative of it's quality. That said, I doubt one or two lines will provide the necessary amount of plot or detail I need to make my own quality post. I don't expect a Steven King novel in my inbox every day, but please exercise some creative strength!

• Maturity - I would ask that all of my partners be seventeen years of age or older. Playing outside my age range can be difficult as it is, I've made it as open as I feel I reasonably can. Please respect this expectation.

• Flexibility - I would appreciate a partner who is willing to play canon characters with original characters. In return I am willing to double.

• Understanding - As mentioned above: life happens. If you need to take a leave of absence or simply do not enjoy our roleplay, let me know! There are no hard feelings, enjoyment for both people is important. If we can't work something out, we can go our separate ways.

• Detail - As much as I hope you include detail in your writing, I also expect that you know how to pay attention to them. From what I have read, people often just skip to the bottom of these without reading through the expectations section. If you have actually gone through all of this, please put the underlined word from this section in your reply. Thank you.
Note: I require that potential roleplay partners provide a writing sample upon request. Writing incompatibility is problematic for me, and should we be incompatible as partners I would prefer to save us both time and effort. If you are unwilling to submit a sample when it is requested, I will not carry on with the conversation.

Italics indicate a the role (if any) I want to play.

Prime Directive -
In the near future, a government program to produce the most potent soldiers the world has ever seen is nearing its completion. Disaster strikes when a strange contagion of unknown origin spreads across the country like a plague, causing undead-like symptoms in the infected and rapid mutation of their genome in a manner resonant of some aggressive cancers. Only 1 in 10 individuals prove immune to the disease, and the country falls quickly into chaos. Evacuations to safe zones are ordered, and other countries of the world scramble to evacuate the uninfected with slow, but well-meaning humanitarian efforts. The vast majority of civilization crumbles, leaving pockets of military forces operating without a chain of command. Sensing the end of their nation, the base commander of the enhancement project facility decides that the very first and last mission of his life's work should be that of strong moral fiber. He deploys this project troopers with a single, absolute directive: "Locate and rescue any survivors outside of the safe zones, see them through to evacuation. Eliminate any threat to this objective with extreme prejudice." (Soldier x Survivor)

Malefic Rain - After a meteor impacts Earth, a parasitic entity begins rampant infection of the population. A hivemind entity, the creature absorbs all life capable of sustaining its psyche and forces terrible mutation to make them useful for its purposes. The entity intends on consuming all life on the planet, draining all organic resources as fuel, and taking back to the stars in search of another planet ripe for plunder. Humanity is dwindling and the remnant humans are mounting as effective a resistance as they can. But an enemy both infinitely ravenous and intelligent is a difficult enemy to defeat. Only when a resistance scientists concocts a poison capable of killing the creature is there even a glimmer of hope--but such a weapon needs to be deployed directly into the central nervous node of the monstrosity in order to be effective. With limited combat capable forces, the resistance is forced to look for a rather undesirable alternative: a mental institution for veterans. Virtually untouched for reasons unknown, it is rumored that some of the inmates are still alive. A crazy person with military training is a huge risk, but perhaps their only real chance. (Resistance Fighter x Asylum Soldier)

Not With a Whisper - The end of days has come, though it is far less straightforward than one might expect. Hellish creatures do battle with celestial entities on vast battlefields all across the earth, but humanity is not without defense. Conventional weapons are effective on the warriors of heaven and hell, and both sides appear to have split into factions of their own. The Puritan Truth are an angelic faction that wants to purge Earth of all things non-angelic--human, demon, it does not matter. Rebirth in Flame are the antithesis of The Puritan Truth, demanding the destruction of the Earth so that it may be reborn in fire. Servants of the Inheritor are an angelic faction that demand Earth be returned to the humans, and that the demons cast back down into the pit. The Reclamation are a demonic faction who care not for Earth or the humans, but demand to be restored to their former stations in heaven--and are willing to massacre the heavenly host to accomplish their goal. The New Eden Alliance are the only group to directly consider the wants and needs of the humans being so frivolously destroyed in the supernatural squabbles. The NEA consists of humans, angels, and demons who are willing to share the Earth and start anew as one society. Who knows which faction will claim victory from the ashes of the human world? (NEA Human x Angel) OR (NEA Human x Demon)

Bones of Silence - A man lives in an elevated home build over the skeleton of an old power line tower. He has not strayed far from the site of the very last battle fought by mankind before the earth fell silent. Having been alone for so long, he figures that maybe--just maybe--he is the last person on Earth. The mutated creatures of the world that once posed a threat to him are now easily dispatched, and his survival skills have sharpened to a fine point. However, his solitude is interrupted by more survivors than he could ever have imagined. Ripped from his world of silence, the man discovers a whole new world has risen from the ashes beyond his sight. (Hermit x Survivor)
Greetings my name is William and I am very interested in your 'Not With A Whisper' plot I would love to see the roles of NEA HUMAN X ANGEL. Let me know if I could fit either side.

I'm interested in Prime Directive, Malefic Rain (as the resistance fighter), or Bones of Silence.

Excellent, please send me a PM and we can discuss the options in detail. Thank you!

Greetings my name is William and I am very interested in your 'Not With A Whisper' plot I would love to see the roles of NEA HUMAN X ANGEL. Let me know if I could fit either side.

Certainly. Why don't you send me a PM and we can discuss the specifics? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back