• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Tarot-Themed Survival Game

Marshmellow

fateful spread
or: card games in millennial cycles

Skeptical, are you? Just scraps of cardboard, you're thinking. Well, I tell you the future can be known! My predictions never fail! And I predict for you a most interesting future, indeed. Look, look at this card. It is Death. No, don't give me that look. It's not what you're thinking. You're not going to die, probably. Possibly. I give it fifty fifty odds. No, this is just an ending, but where there is an ending is a new beginning and I tell you truly something is beginning. Something big. Look here, it is The Tower. What does it mean? Any dollar store fortune teller would say calamity; a warning; chaos in your future. Well those people are hacks. You hear me? Hacks! I will tell you what the future truly holds, and it is this: the time has come for the Game to begin anew. You're giving me that look again. It'll make sense soon, I promise. In the mean time, I suggest investing in a good bulletproof vest.

That will be twenty dollars.

=*=

let the game begin

Fateful Spread: it's basically Highlander with a tarot theme.

It's been a long time since the Fortuna last played their Game. Theirs is a Game not for fun or mere material wealth, but for the very fate of the universe itself. Having chosen the site of their Game, the diverse Hundreds City, the spirits of the tarot have dispersed to begin the preliminary stages of the Game. The rules are simple:​

1. In order to participate, a Fortuna must form a Bond with one and only one human.

2. To Bond with a human, a Fortuna must offer it a boon in the form of a magical card representative of the Fortuna.

3. A Fortuna is not required to inform a Bonded human of any particular details of the Game, however neither is she barred from doing so. Some Fortuna may find it advantageous to withhold certain information.

4. If a Bonded human loses its card or is otherwise rendered no longer able to participate (i.e. death), the Bonded Fortuna has lost the Game.

5. A Fortuna that has lost the Game may continue to participate in an advisory fashion.

6. The last Fortuna with a Bond is the victor.

7. The victor will reign over the world as the major tarot influence until the next Game begins.

With their eyes on the ultimate prize of unmatched influence over the world of humans, the Fortuna now scatter to seek out suitable partners. The fate of the world hangs in the balance as twenty-two ethereal beings search for their champions...

=*=

will you direct their fate?

the quest will follow the perspectives of various players in the game, both human and non-, at the selection of the voters. naturally, voters will also be contributing to the story proper in more... direct ways. if this is a story that you would be interested in following and perhaps participating in, please do voice your interest.

Last edited:
I'm interested. Just a question: As a result from the bond with a "Fortuna" will the person get any powers or abilities?

Sounds fun! Though the player count sounds, immense. 22 Fortuna? Or would there be like the main cast and NPC fortuna with their bonded humans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back