• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Series of Unfortunate Events based RP

Werren

Author exercising through character focus.
This RP will be based in Lemony Snicket's (a.k.a Daniel Handler's) A Series of Unfortunate Events. Our characters will not necessarily be following the story of the Baudelaire's unless you want to. They will be integrated into the universe, preferably among the V.F.D organization or the villains who fight against them. The setting of this RP will be a hybrid of the three existing versions of A Series of Unfortunate Events, the original book series, 2004 movie adaptation, and 2017 Netflix adaptation. It will contain the base events of the entire book series, the serious tone of the movie and the far-reaching influence of V.F.D in the Netflix series as well as the original characters it introduced and the technologically advanced spy glasses.

Due to the combination of the influence of each version, I plan to implement in this RP I would recommend planning with you, fellow members, the proper means to integrate them in a cohesive manner. For example, Mr. Poe's level of idiocy portrayed in the Netflix series would not mesh with the seriousness of the movie adaptation and would have to be made less severe. The same would have to be done to Count Olaf, as his sinister portrayal in the book was not carried over due to being played by a comedy based actor in both adaptations. These are two of many subjects we would have to settle. If settling the inconsistency of character appearance is also important to you, we can settle that as well. The RP can take place before the Baudelaires were born, during the course of the original books or once the Baudelaires have grown up and become adults. I shall create a character form accordingly.

We shall discuss how to settle this merge of each version in the OOC thread, the final settlement of the events due to this collaboration will be posted in a lore thread and characters based on a finalized character form will be posted in a character thread.

I'm glad you're interested. Would you like to discuss this through messages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back