Other A RPN habbit/trend

I started roleplaying on Youtube, then Quizilla, Deviantart, and some other places. I've been roleplaying since I was 12 and way too into Naruto and ATLAB than I should have been, haha. For the 10 years I've been roleplaying, I've noticed that my roleplays generally drop due to life responsibilities, disinterest, or just not getting along with the partner.

If any of this sounds rude, I genuinely don't mean it to be ;v; I'm very bad at expressing my thoughts in a non-lit format.

I find that the people who have the same standards/rules as myself aren't as relaxed about it. For me, it tended to be either:
-The person writes one liners, but is A-OK to stop and start whenever and we click OOC
-The person writes novella, but is strict with reply time and gives me one worded OOC answers

I really love OOC plotting, character development, open conversation, and building friendships outside of the rp, so when the other person is only interested in the roleplay rather than the interactions between the roleplayers, I lose interest almost immediately. On the other hand, I find those who align with that perfectly, but tell me that they get disinterested if there isn't a reply every x amount of days. That's fine, but then I am too stressed out about replying that it becomes a chore. This is a casual hobby for me. I don't need due dates or a threat of losing friendships because I maxed my reply-time-off.

I also get disinterested when a reply is treated like a formal novel being submitted to an editor. If I am criticized consistently because of a simple word phrasing, then I become stressed out about whether my reply is up to that person's standards. I have dyslexia and ADHD, so trying to make a post perfect or reading a post and misreading a line can happen.

It's really difficult for me to find people who can write more than 3 paragraphs, don't mind super casual style*, and can be patient enough to wait more than 2 weeks every so often for a reply. I don't mind having 3-4 roleplays going on with one person and dipping in and out of each of them over time because then I can have the flexibility for multiple thought-out plots without the stress of an IRL timeline to follow. Like reply when you want to/have time to, get a reply when the other person feels like it.

Now, this isn't to say that those things are bad or good, but it's just my own personal reasons/experiences as to why things stopped.

When I say I'm relaxed, I genuinely mean that I will talk to you even if the rp is dead for 1-2 months and would be totally ok with stopping and starting. Also, mind you, I dip out of roleplays for a month at a time depending on my school/work life as that comes first. Sometimes I get episodes of just foggy brain for a week at a time and don't want to give garbage replies. I will still chat OOC, because chatting is a different situation. I will write 1-2 pages for an rp some days and then 2-3 paragraphs other days depending on mood or what's happening (I do try to match length, though) and am totally fine with the other person doing the same. People tend to see these behaviors of mine and think it's me being a rude partner/not caring/ghosting/inconsistent, and thus the rp may also drop because of this. I'm alright with that since it tells me that they need someone who does take roleplaying a little bit more professionally than casually.

One last not to this already pretty long reply. Sometimes, people can be very stuck on one idea and thus have no flexibility with it. I enjoy talking about plots and characters and seeing how all characters can develop and move forward. Not to say those who are very interested in their ideas aren't, but I find it difficult to offer plot or character building ideas if someone only like one or two ideas and will not budge on how they play out. It's more like I'm following a predetermined cannon rather than making a fun story.

*-I will read over my replies to make sure they make sense, but I am not going to go through with a fine tooth comb and make it perfect, because that's not what roleplaying is about for me ^^"

tldr;
-I am a casual roleplayer who dips in and out of a roleplay, but talks OOC. Some people don't like that.
-I hold 1-4 stories with a single person that we both can stop and start whenever depending on mood (i.e. Story 1 is done for a month then sporadically every 2-3 week once we do story 2)
-I am get spooked by strict grammar rules/reply deadlines/no OOC connection
-I can be inconsistent with reply length, and others do not like that.
-People can be passive aggressive about reply style/length/time which becomes stressful
-People tend to not engage in plot ideas, or be very stuck on one idea that it's hard to find interest.

I started roleplaying on Youtube, then Quizilla, Deviantart, and some other places. I've been roleplaying since I was 12 and way too into Naruto and ATLAB than I should have been, haha. For the 10 years I've been roleplaying, I've noticed that my roleplays generally drop due to life responsibilities, disinterest, or just not getting along with the partner.

If any of this sounds rude, I genuinely don't mean it to be ;v; I'm very bad at expressing my thoughts in a non-lit format.

I find that the people who have the same standards/rules as myself aren't as relaxed about it. For me, it tended to be either:
-The person writes one liners, but is A-OK to stop and start whenever and we click OOC
-The person writes novella, but is strict with reply time and gives me one worded OOC answers

I really love OOC plotting, character development, open conversation, and building friendships outside of the rp, so when the other person is only interested in the roleplay rather than the interactions between the roleplayers, I lose interest almost immediately. On the other hand, I find those who align with that perfectly, but tell me that they get disinterested if there isn't a reply every x amount of days. That's fine, but then I am too stressed out about replying that it becomes a chore. This is a casual hobby for me. I don't need due dates or a threat of losing friendships because I maxed my reply-time-off.

I also get disinterested when a reply is treated like a formal novel being submitted to an editor. If I am criticized consistently because of a simple word phrasing, then I become stressed out about whether my reply is up to that person's standards. I have dyslexia and ADHD, so trying to make a post perfect or reading a post and misreading a line can happen.

It's really difficult for me to find people who can write more than 3 paragraphs, don't mind super casual style*, and can be patient enough to wait more than 2 weeks every so often for a reply. I don't mind having 3-4 roleplays going on with one person and dipping in and out of each of them over time because then I can have the flexibility for multiple thought-out plots without the stress of an IRL timeline to follow. Like reply when you want to/have time to, get a reply when the other person feels like it.

Now, this isn't to say that those things are bad or good, but it's just my own personal reasons/experiences as to why things stopped.

When I say I'm relaxed, I genuinely mean that I will talk to you even if the rp is dead for 1-2 months and would be totally ok with stopping and starting. Also, mind you, I dip out of roleplays for a month at a time depending on my school/work life as that comes first. Sometimes I get episodes of just foggy brain for a week at a time and don't want to give garbage replies. I will still chat OOC, because chatting is a different situation. I will write 1-2 pages for an rp some days and then 2-3 paragraphs other days depending on mood or what's happening (I do try to match length, though) and am totally fine with the other person doing the same. People tend to see these behaviors of mine and think it's me being a rude partner/not caring/ghosting/inconsistent, and thus the rp may also drop because of this. I'm alright with that since it tells me that they need someone who does take roleplaying a little bit more professionally than casually.

One last not to this already pretty long reply. Sometimes, people can be very stuck on one idea and thus have no flexibility with it. I enjoy talking about plots and characters and seeing how all characters can develop and move forward. Not to say those who are very interested in their ideas aren't, but I find it difficult to offer plot or character building ideas if someone only like one or two ideas and will not budge on how they play out. It's more like I'm following a predetermined cannon rather than making a fun story.

*-I will read over my replies to make sure they make sense, but I am not going to go through with a fine tooth comb and make it perfect, because that's not what roleplaying is about for me ^^"

tldr;
-I am a casual roleplayer who dips in and out of a roleplay, but talks OOC. Some people don't like that.
-I hold 1-4 stories with a single person that we both can stop and start whenever depending on mood (i.e. Story 1 is done for a month then sporadically every 2-3 week once we do story 2)
-I am get spooked by strict grammar rules/reply deadlines/no OOC connection
-I can be inconsistent with reply length, and others do not like that.
-People can be passive aggressive about reply style/length/time which becomes stressful
-People tend to not engage in plot ideas, or be very stuck on one idea that it's hard to find interest.
If someone isn't okay with discussing and adapting the plot... They are a bad writer imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back