• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Redo

He forgot how hard it was to convince Elizabeth to do something that she doesn’t want to do. How hard one may ask? Incre-fucking-dibly difficult. She was a boulder and she wasn’t listening to a word he said. But Logan was too tired to try to convince her. He found himself falling in and out of consciousness as she tried to wiggle out from underneath him. When she escaped, Logan was in the midst of losing perception, not realizing what was happening around him. He woke up later in the afternoon, heaving a sigh that she’s still sticking around but he ate every bit of the porridge and drank the last drop of the sweet tea even if he did groan about it. He was feeling slightly better, not that he would ever admit that. Curse that tea.

They exchange more words as usual with Logan falling asleep on her here and there. “I swear, if you read me a bed time story, I’m going to lose my shit.” He had enough with being babied and it was awkward. However, before they both knew it, it was late afternoon when school was over. He nodded, “Don’t worry about me. I’ll make sure I don’t pass out while you pick up Ben,” he chuckled faintly. Logan remained quiet, thinking on her words as she asked him for a promise. He didn’t like promises; they were relative and are meant to be broken. He didn’t like making them either. Logan was the type to take a promise to his grave and thus a promise would cause him to commit to it. And he abhorred commitment. This was a special occasion; he was able to see Ben again. That’s a plus; his logical mind told him and now wouldn’t be a good time either. For once, they were on the same page about mentioning this to Ben.

He smirked back playfully at her words, his eyes shined with mischievousness intent. “What kind of secrets? That I pushed you down?” he laughed but he nodded. “Fine El, it’s a promise.”

He watched her leave and hesitated before calling out, “Should I go with you? It’s getting dark.”

But she was already gone with her keys. But Logan bit his lower lip anxiously. She was coming back right? If she wasn’t, he would call her in an hour, he convinced himself. It’s a short walk…there shouldn’t be creepy roamers. Logan rolled the comforter over him like a burrito and decided to sleep again. He woke up to the sounds of running and the sudden bouncing on his bed. He grumbled, not appreciating the wake up call.

“What the-?” he groaned exasperatedly before his eyelids opened half way.

“Wakey! I have present for you mister!” Ben shoved the picture at him, beaming with his tiny baby teeth.

“W-what?” Logan unrolled the blanket a little, allowing Ben to crawl under the blanket for some warmth. He took the picture and couldn’t figure what it was. “Wow buddy! This looks…”

“Here’s mister and that’s mommy.” Ben pointed to the scribbles and Logan nodded thoughtfully.

“That looks just like your mom!” he laughed, snickering at the wild yellow hair making her look more like medusa than a human being. “Can I keep this?”

“Yeah!” Ben threw his arms up excitedly. “Better now?”

“Yeah, you’re the medicine that I needed,” Logan grinned at him, tickling his stomach.

The little boy squealed with giggles, rolling over to his side back and forth as he tried to swat Logan’s hand away.

Logan, finding enough strength this time, rolled out of bed and picked up Benjamin. He placed the boy on his shoulders as the little boy pointed towards the door and yelled, “Charge!”

Chuckling, Logan walked out of his room in a languish manner. He peeked into the kitchen, watching Elizabeth doing…whatever she was doing, he wasn’t too sure. Logan wasn’t fond of cooking after all, he was the eat whatever he could find type.

“Look who I captured on my way to steal some dinner?” he joked with a laughing Ben. "Looks like you and your mom are my captives for the night."

Ben shook his head and tiny five fingers at the same time. "No! Ben protects mommy!" He playfully smacks Logan on the head causing the older male to snicker at how mischievous his son was.

“What are you making for dinner?” he asked Elizabeth as he peered over her shoulder.

“What's for dinner!” Ben repeated, cutting out a chunk of words. “Mommy, mister says he's all good.”

Logan released Ben, allowing him to settle down onto the floor as the little boy ran around the kitchen. "Do you need me to help with anything?" he asked more out of politeness than anything. The man has never held a kitchen and would probably prove to be a disaster in the kitchen. But etiquette requires him to inquire if she requires any assistance. "If not, I'm going back to bed and taking the little weasel with me. He seems like a hazard in the kitchen."

He wasn't sure how she took care of Ben all by herself and worked as well. Little boys were handfuls and he could already tell with Ben hopping all over the place, playing by himself. Logan didn't want to admit it but that is pretty amazing. "I don't know how you do what you do," he whispered as he hovered over her. It had a rather cryptic meaning and he didn't want to elaborate, making her figuring out the meaning on her own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth made quick work on her plans for dinner. Homemade chiken soup was just the thing her annoying ex-lover and father to her child would need to feel in tip top shape for the next few days. She would make extra too since then he would have something with real substance in his fridge for a bit. This was what she had planned after checking his fridge a few times for things she would need for the soup, she had to run to the store before hand but lucky for her she had though of it when she was with Ben. A quick stop at the nearest grocery store was all they needed before they had come back at the apartment.

Ben was quick to run around and make himself at home in the apartment, commenting on all the weird things Logan seemed to collect. It was a bachelor pad though so she was a bit nervous about what the young boy might find in the midst of the books and closets’. Lucky for her though Ben had grown bored and started to draw the picture he had spoken about in the car for Logan so he was occupied for the time being.

She heard him run into Logans room, unlucky for her she wasn’t able to stop him from waking the sick man up but sighed defeated. Wasn’t like he wouldn’t be getting up to eat soon anyways. She hadn’t thought the two of them would be coming out into the kitchen though and at the commotion she turned and placed her hands on her hips watching the two males together.

Her heart nearly stopped at the sudden resemblance she could see Ben had with Logan. Elizabeth always knew that Ben looked more like his daddy then herself, but sitting on the mans shoulders laughing and having such a large smile—you could see it even more then before.

She physically had to close her mouth so it didn’t stay hanging open to long and instead focused on the ‘your my captives for the night’ that thought hadn’t crossed her mind till that moment. It was late and she had no car to get back home. Living so far away from this fancy place there was no way in hell she was going to drive back that way.

Look like he might actually be right. Well, good thing she had work the next day anyways she supposed.

“To answer the both of your questions, I am making homemade Chicken Soup for the sicky along with fresh rolls.” She explained pointing to the oven that was already baking nicely. “Should be ready in a few minutes.” She admitted before turning on her heels to start stiring the soup once more. “You always had a sweet touch my little man.” Elizabeth smiled to Ben at his comment about Logan.

“If you want to set the table that would be helpful if not you entertaining Ben would be just fine. Just don’t go making him sick on me, otherwise I will be the one missing work.” Elizabeth said dryly going on her tip toes to grab the basil that Logan surprisingly had in his kitchen.

“Don’t get to comfortable!” Elizabeth called hearing the twoof them heading off to do God knew what.

It wasn’t long before everything was already. She set the table and had the food on the table that seemed to never get used and called the boys in. Ben was the first to appear smiling up at Elizabeth seeming slightly out of breath.

“We wrestled. I won!” He beamed proudly. “I protected mommy from the beast.” A sudden hug around Elizabeth’s legs had he smirking.

“My hero, come on sit on the chair, careful the soup is hot I will be right back, just going to bring Logan his soup so he can eat it in bed..” Elizabeth spoke to Ben carrying a bowl of soup carefully to his side. Once there she set it on the table and gave him the spoon.

“Since you are probably tired from battling a three year old you should rest in here.” She frowned crossing her arms over her chest. “Thank you for letting gus stay here, I’ll leave early in the morning so we wont be to much of a hassle.” After she spoke she didn’t wait for him to comment instead left the room to eat dinner with her son.

~~

Dinner went swiftly after that. Ben helped her with the dishes and Elizabeth easily had enough left over for Logan to have some supers for a few days. With the kitchen cleaned Elizabeth had a hell of a time trying to find some extra blankets to use for them sleeping over. After at least an hour looking for them, yes the host had fallen asleep and she wasn’t going to bother the big baby she finally had Ben comfortable on the couch and almost asleep to a bedtime story she had made for him.

Know all she had was herself. Having nothing else to sleep in she took off her blazer, found herself a pillow and a small blanket and got comfortable on the floor by the couch. Lucky for her there was a soft rug that made it a bit more bearable to sleep on. And soon she drifted into a deeper sleep then she had first anticipated.

Chicken soup? Logan haven’t had homemade chicken soup in forever or actually at all. His mom wasn’t the cooking type, they had their own personal chef. It felt weird to have someone cooking for him or being in his kitchen without getting paid. Wait. He took that back, she is getting paid. “Fresh rolls sounds good,” he commented before picking Ben back up. The little boy seemed to have everlasting energy and Logan was already feeling tired like an old man.

“C’mon buddy, we’re going to set up the table while your mom works her magic,” he said before leaving the kitchen and heading to the dining room. Being a bachelor, he only had a small black dining table with black chairs where navy cushions laid on top for comfort. He placed Ben down on the table, giving him a stern look. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” he said before adding,”or anything I would do actually…just don’t do anything. Stay here.”

Logan went to grab bowls, plates, spoons, forks, he wasn’t sure what he needed but he grabbed them all. Three glass of water where he decided wine wouldn’t be the best option for a sick person, the only girl in the house, and a little toddler. So he grabbed a jug of water and apple juice for Ben as he passed by Elizabeth looking as if she’s chemist. Whenever he coughed, he made sure to cover it up, or turn away from Ben. He took her warning seriously, he wouldn’t want the little boy to get sick either. But Ben soon got bored and Logan took him off the table, tossing him up in the air and catching him for fun.

“Yay! Higher!” Ben yelled as he almost touch the ceiling. Logan, on the other hand, felt like if he dropped the boy, Elizabeth would skewer him alive.

“Alright, new game,” Logan panted after the last throw. He put Ben down and they began to have a wrestling and tickling match. “Come here, I’ll show you who’s boss,” Logan began ticking the little boy’s belly. Ben squealed in laughter and kicked his feet so Logan could pretend to roll over in pain. The toddler jumped on top of Logan with his fist in the air.

“I win!” he said as he smacked Logan on the chest playfully. Ben ran away from Logan afterwards, declaring his win to Elizabeth. Soon dinner was ready but Logan was already feeling like lightheaded on the floor so he struggled to walk back to his bedroom. The energy he used on Ben was now sucking him dry. The family dinner he wanted was no more when Elizabeth came into his room and set it on his night stand. Logan took the spoon from her with a weak smile.

“Yeah, it’s no problem. I should be saying thanks.”

But the moment he saw Elizabeth walk away and closed his door, Logan drifted off to bed without a second thought. When he woke up again, it was in the middle of the night and his soup was now cold. Feeling a lot better than before, he grabbed his bowl and headed to the kitchen to have a late night dinner. He opened his door, wondering where Elizabeth slept since he didn’t have a guest room available. He got his answer when he kicked her arm causing her to groan and turn onto her side. His heart almost dropped realizing that he could have died tripping and spilling the soup on top of her.

“Why the hell are you on the floor?” he hissed before noticing that Ben was on the couch. “Christ! My bed is big enough for the both of you.”

They were asleep soundly so he walked over her and headed to his kitchen to heat up his soup. He ate in silence, checking his email and watching youtube videos on low volume. Once Logan was done, he put his food in the sink and walked back to his room before he was once again faced with a dilemma. Should he take her to his bedroom or not? He looked at her with a tiny blanket in his cold living room without a heater. It was thundering outside now and the rain will probably continue throughout the night.

With a heavy sigh, the man picked up Ben and carefully took the little boy onto his bed. He then scoop Elizabeth up in his arms, carefully walking slowly so he doesn’t drop her. But wow, she slept like a dead person and Logan swore he could kidnap her in her sleep and she wouldn’t even notice.

With the both of them on his bed, it felt like they were a family but Logan didn’t have time to ponder on it before he drifted back to sleep once more.

The Next Morning

He didn’t know how they were sleeping through the night but he was half asleep with a little boy jumping on his bed and his arms tucked around Elizabeth’s waist. They were spooning and Ben wouldn’t stop trying to wake both of them up.

“Mommy wake up! I have school.”

“Ugh,” Logan groaned, clenching his eyes shut and not wanting to get up. What time was it?

“Mommy! Why is mister next to you?”

“Ben! Stop jumping,” Logan pleaded as he grabbed the boy with his arm and placed the toddler in between Elizabeth and himself. “For the love of god, just shhh.”

But that was before he felt his arm went back down and his hand touched a very soft flat stomach that wasn’t Ben for sure. His arm couldn’t keep Ben still, the boy wiggled about trying to wake and stir Elizabeth up and it was working. Even half asleep, Logan had a good sense of what was happening and his arms jerked away from her. This gave Ben the opening to get back up and jump onto Logan’s chest.

“Mister are you driving me to school?”

“Just call me Logan and where do you go to school?”

“Oh! I go to Kington Elementary School!” Ben exclaimed proudly. “I have a parents teacher conference today. Mom has to go see Ms. Jules today! Wanna come?”

“Uh what?” Logan frowned, trying to register the information so early in the morning. It appeared to look like he wasn’t getting anymore sleep for the day.

But just as the day was getting worse, it became hell from there. His door suddenly opened and there stood his mom who bought him chicken noodle soup from a local store. “Logan dear, why are there blankets and pillows on the-“

A shriek came jerking the man out of his half asleep stupor. “What the fuck!” he groaned, wondering who the hell was screaming so loud.

“Do not use that language with me, young man! WHO IS SHE? Why is there a kid? Just what is going on Logan! I taught you better than this. What is going on here?”

It was well known, at least to the small child that was Ben, that his mommy was a heavy sleeper. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will wake up the women unless Ben was crying or someone was dying. She was able to differentiate between Ben crying in fear or just sick—she was able to tell in her sleep—If everything was alright though? She was easily able to sleep without anyone bothering her, rain, wind dog snoring on her chest, nothing could disturb her. While you would think that sleeping so deeply would mean she was having a restful sleep, it normally was not the case. Elizabeth was always plagued by the nightmares that never allowed her to wake up, no matter how terrible or upsetting the dream was.

No matter, Elizabeth had survived and she could get through the day with coffee by her side and the positive thinking that her mother had once had. At one time she did anyways.

But that night, though Elizabeth had figured she wouldn’t have slept a wink thanks to it being spent at her bosses house, the father of her child and the man that had stood her up and left without much of a single word, she did though. Pretty deeply actually. Odd dreams swirled her mind, flying and landing on a cloud—and the warm embrace of someone who cared.

That was what she remembered and even though she heard the loud voice that was Ben Elizabeth truly didn’t want to get up. Nope, bed and the soft cuddles from around her just seemed to be the better option.

Wait, soft cuddles?

Allowing a hand to trail down her waist she found a hand just before it was pulled back. Why had there been a hand on her waist, and why was she in a bed. Sitting up quickly she looked to Logan then to the women who seemed to be just as surprised from the foot of the bed. “How the hell did I sleep through all this?” Elizabeth spoke feeling her cheeks warm up she looked to Logan before hitting him on the arm rather hard. “Why the hell am I-We in your bed?” She spoke feeling even more embarrassed then she had ever been before this untimely moment.

“Come on Ben, we should—get out of here.” Elizabeth cleared her throat. The schedule that she had mentally prepared in her mind clicking on as she slowly woke up more, course the shriek from the middle aged women didn’t help matters. At this point perhaps she wasn’t going to need coffee at all.

“Young lady I would like some kind of explinnation of all this. I was told by Ms. Pedigree that Logan here, was home sick, I was trusting he would be here alone. A women in his bed I can understand but a child? That is not what I would expect.” The women spoke with a proper tone placing one hand on her hip waiting for some kind of answer from Elizabeth who was busy trying to make herself a little more presentable for going outside in the public.

“Yes, well-I was just taking care of him, since he was sick and Ben here is my son and the storm last night that left us stranded. Logan was kind enough to allow us to stay the night.” Elizabeth tried to explain, leaving out the ‘this is his son too’. The more the older women talked the more she had a feeling that it was her mother and like hell, Elizabeth was allowing the women to know about her bastard son.

“We will get out of your hair now. Come on Ben.” She took his hand moving past the women.

“Logan is a nice man! I drew him a picture!” He spoke looking up with a large smile to her. “It made him feel better.”

“Well that is very kind of you little man. Dear me, you are a sweetheart. Almost reminds me of...” she trailed off taking a closer look at the child before up to Logan a moment clearing her throat. “Well, I think Logan should have a crack at explaining things before you rush off. Don’t you think my son?”

@FirePolaris

[COLOR= black]What the hell, Elizabeth could pack a punch. He’d have to note that down before he ticks her off another time. The female finally woke up next to him and as a greeting, smacked him right in the arm. He didn’t expect the sudden wash of pain and flinched his arm away. “Right, hit the sick man,” he muttered. “You’re in my bed because I didn’t want you to catch a cold. You’re welcome. I appreciate the morning punch as a thank you,” he said in a sarcasm dripped tone. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]With his mom eyeing them both like a lioness, he sighed, running his hand through his hair. But before she could pounce, Elizabeth was ready to run out of here. This was way too early for Logan. He needed his cup of coffee and then maybe he could start talking about his day. He was sick for Christ’s sake. Why is everyone yelling at him so early in the morning? Unfortunately for Elizabeth, she wasn’t able to run very far until his mother caught her. Logan sniggered but stopped with a glare from the woman who instilled fear in him since little. Ben was suddenly brought up and while Logan didn’t want Ben to hear the truth, he wanted to talk to his mother about the whole marriage thing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]He watched as Elizabeth struggled to explain what happened and he knew his mom’s thoughts like the back of his hand. Her narrowed eyes, her sudden smugness, and then the curves of her lips upward. Shit, he looked just like that when he is about to figure out what’s happening even when someone lied to him. Not even Elizabeth’s quick thinking could get her out of this mess. With Ben piping up and his mom’s arm folding, the attention was swiftly returned to him. Logan decided that it was best to talk about this when Ben was out of the room so he pointed to the door and locked eyes with the little fella. “Hey champ, I have some cookies on the dining table. If you run out now, you can grab some before you leave.” [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“What really? Yay!” Ben exclaimed, leaving his mother and his unknown father for pieces of chocolate chip cookies. Every man for themselves was apparently visible when the little boy was easily bribed out of the room. Logan then crawled out of his bed, staggering slightly as he walked towards Liz. He used her as a rest and mainly so he doesn’t collapse on the floor. He was still running a slight fever and the room seemed hazy at the moment.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“We’re dating,” he pointed to her and himself as if they came in a package. His mom raised an eyebrow before furrowing her brows.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“Excuse me? What did you say?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“Elizabeth and I,” he yelled out a little bit more before giving her the sly grin she knows so well. He was up to something. “We’re in a relationship. So stop trying to match me up with some rich strangers. Not interested.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“Who is-?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“No, let me repeat myself. I’m not interested.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“Is she coming over for dinner then? I want to know more about her. Are you divorced Elizabeth? Is that why you have a son?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“Mom. It’s complicated,” Logan cut in before standing in front of her. He promised that he wouldn’t discuss to Ben or to anyone about being the dad so instead, he tried to change the subject. “But it doesn’t matter. Liz and I will see you at dinner, right Liz?” he asked, using a new nickname this time to show that they are indeed closer to each other than they look. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“And I’d like some alone time to rest so leave your food and I’ll see you later,” he called out as he ushered both Elizabeth and his mom into the living room. She didn’t look convinced but dinner this weekend was enough to appease her for now. His mom left the food on the dining table and bid her goodbyes. Once she left, Logan turned to Elizabeth, realizing what whirlwind this morning had been for the both of them. He waited for a few minutes, allowing her to sink in the information before giving her a slight shrug.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]“I kept my promise,” he said with a grin before taking a closer step towards her. “Now, will you be my fake girlfriend?” Logan whispered inching closer. “You know it’s a good deal for both of us. I can’t take care of you and Ben with another woman nagging at me all the time. You’re enough for eternity,” he winked.[/COLOR]

Elizabeth was less then pleased with the sudden turn of events. Bribing her child to get cookies in the kitchen for one, the fact that Ben seemed more interested in the cookies then leaving the strange place the two of them woke up too or lastly, and the one that bugged her the most, the fact that this older lady was seeming to be judging her and Logan even more than anyone she had met before. Giving the two of them some kind of look. What the hell did she think? That they did the dirty while Ben was there?

The idea was enough to make her laugh then want to vomit just for thinking it was funny.

Finally snapping out of the small trance that she had been in for a few moments, Elizabeth felt a hand on her shoulder before being brought to a full side hug with Logan while she gave him an odd look she realized the words that had fallen out of his mouth where even crazier than the ones that she had been thinking. Dating? Wait, when did that happen and when did she agree to such a thing?

Though, with the words spoken it seemed like the older lady seemed to defuse ready to talk more then to just stand and judge the two of them. “Oh um.. Ben is-“ She was at a complete loss of words. Ben was her grandson and a twinge of guilt wafted through her entire being. This lady probably would have loved to met her grandchild, she obviously cared for Logan even if it was just to pamper him more then he already was. But she still had some kind of right.

Liz knew for sure that her mother would have loved to have met Ben. But, on that thought if she had been around Ben would not be stuffing his face with cookies that he had found. “What he said.” Elizabeth said finally sighing exasperated. It was to early to be talking about this kind of thing, ad while she was irritated that Logan just went along with telling his mother that the two of them where a thing irked her, at least it meant the women was going to leave and she would have a little time to process everything.

With a few more words exchanged, mostly by the Logan and his mother, the women was finally pushed out of the picture and the door slammed behid her. Elizabeth on the otherhand was standing with her arms crossed in his living room glaring at him a bit.

“Why must  everything of importance be discussed in the morning? I haven’t even gotten coffee in my system!” She groaned looking at him as he drew closer. In all honesty she wanted to smack him upside the head, that smug look drove her cray but Ben was watching and she told herself that she would watch her temper when he was around.

“Not like I have much of a choice do I?” Elizabeth spat back. “Whats with the nickname, you never called me ‘Liz’ before.” She added before looking to her watch swearing under her breath. “Nevermind , I have to get home make myself more presentable and get Ben to preschool. Thank you for letting us stay here.” She finaly took a breath thinking about all she had to do was already getting her crazy but she would make due. “I’m going to borrow our car again to get home.” She added in.

Was she not thinking about his comment about the ‘your enough for eternity?’ Yes. Yes she was. He was far to charming then he let on and never again was she going to be pulled into something like that.

“Ben love, we need to go. Thank Logan for letting us stay here.” Elizabeth instructed as the young boy hurried to his mothers side. He took a look up to the sick man and smiled hugging his legs tightly.

“Thank you Mr.Logan. Hope you feel better! If you do you should come to my meeting with my teacher! It’s at 11 today!”

“He is sick dear, but you are nice to invite him.” Elizabeth spoke starting to walk towards the door. She gave him one last look, a look to dare him to come to the meeting before the two of them disappeared behind the door.

~~

It had been a long, exciting morning. Once home from taking care of the man child, Logan, Elizabeth had to get Ben ready, feed poor Dewey who thought the world had ended last night with the two of them not returning home and get herself washed and professional to show up to the school function. The adults there already judged her enough as it was so she wanted to look as professional as she possibly could.

Good shirt, nice skirt and hair back in a low bun—professional. That worked right?

“Mommy you look different.” Ben spoke as they walked into the school.

“Just trying to make a good impression Ben.” Elizabeth laughed patting him on the head. All was going well—that was until Elizabeth saw someone she had not anticipated on seeing. It was just a glance but the figure looked just like Logan.

“Son of a bitch.” Elizabeth murmured to herself before giving a light chuckle when she saw that Ben had been listening. “Not a good saying, mommy shouldn’t have said that.”

But oh did she had a few choice words for Logan.

@FirePolaris

The sight of his mother leaving made him more relieved than anything. That woman drains the life out of him even if she was actually the one who gave him life in the first place. Logan liked doing things his own pace, making his own decisions so when he thrusted the new information out at Elizabeth, it was like second nature to him. The cocky grin was eminent and the fact that Elizabeth played along because there was no other way out? Even better. “It’s easier to persuade someone to do something in the morning,” he replied although he completely understood her dismay for lack of coffee. He hasn’t had his either and his mother didn’t assuage his mood.

To answer her question from before, he fell backwards onto the bed, feeling comfortable and no longer sitting upright. He changed the nicknames? Why? Logan wasn’t sure either but he liked the fact that he used El when it was just the two of them. It felt personal and now that he is thinking about it, he’s not sure he liked that. “El,” he called out just mess with her. “You’re always welcome here.” Not, not really, she wasn’t but he wasn’t thinking straight, not without coffee anyways. Logan watched as Ben went from calling him mister to saying his name and for a split second, he felt an overwhelming surge of pride and love. “I’ll be there, wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Elizabeth completely shut him down, giving him that ‘I will personally skewer you over a pit fire if you dare’ but he shot back with his charming lopsided arrogant smirk. Yeah, she better be prepared because he wasn’t going anywhere.

Once they left, it took him a while to remove himself from his bed. He wasn’t physically well, not after just one day but being a business connoisseur meant being a good actor. He could practically look like a ray of sunshine if he wanted to. He took a long hot shower, allowing the water to pelt against him skin as incoherent train of thoughts railed through his mind. It wasn’t until twenty minutes later that he stepped out of the shower with a small towel wrapped around his waist, barely hiding much but he was home and the male had never been shy about his pecs. As his hair quickly airdried, Logan walked into the walk in closet -possibly one of the biggest room in this condo- and ran a hand as he passed all his tailored suits. He pulled out a navy blue toned one resembling the dark grey sky after a solar eclipse. A silver metal watched was the perfect accessory and Logan decided to gel back his hair for a clean, professional outlook. He had a lot to impress after all. Pulling out aviator shades, he decided to carry his blazer over his arm rather than wearing it. He pulled out of the garage in a sleek black Tesla and decided that today was the day Elizabeth marked him for murder.

Perfect.

He got there first, Logan was never the type to be late to important meetings though being perpetually late to work is another thing. He leaned against the school wall, the shades covering a third of his face as he scanned the entering party passing through the gates. The same lopsided smirk from the morning came back to haunt Elizabeth the moment his eyes locked with hers. Logan didn’t play nice very well and for some reason, screwing with her — not physically — was entertaining as hell. He removed his sunglasses, hanging it steady on his shirt and he walked towards them looking as innocent as a lamb. “Ben!” he yelled out, his arms open for a hug before he picked the boy up. “I’m a genie, your wish is my command sir,” he joked playfully as Ben burst into happy giggles.

“Yay you’re here!” The little boy enveloped him into a hug before Logan placed him back on the ground.

“Told you I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” he reiterated his words before slipping an arm around Elizabeth’s waist. His eyes flickered down at her outfit briefly just before they landed right back into the aflame steely blue orbs. Oh man, oh man was she angry and he just winked dauntingly in response. “You look charming,” Logan complimented as Ben dashes forward leading the way. The two lagged behind slightly and Logan turn to Elizabeth soothe her irritation. “C’mon, El, you never said no,” he whispered. A look of disdain didn’t mean no.

“I took your silence as a yes,” he held Ben’s tiny hands and allowed the not-so-charmed Elizabeth to guide them inside. The teacher would go into the classroom to call the children and their parents into his small connected office for more privacy to discuss the child’s life at school. Meanwhile, there were parents wandering around the school classroom as the children jubilantly showed them all the work they did so far whether it’s art, math homework, the alphabet, or even small written sentences hung all around the wall. Refreshments — apples, orange juice, water, chips, cookies, milk — were placed on a small wooden table against the wall.

Unfortunately, the names were called out randomly and Ben was the first one to be asked inside. It seemed like seeing what his little boy did at school would have to wait for now. As they sat inside, the strange and unwelcoming feeling of nervousness washed over him. It was unnerving to hear what the teacher had to say and she didn’t look too please but a warm smile never left her face. She was young, maybe in her late twenties but wearing black slacks and a nice white blouse with grey flats. Her curly dusty brown hair falls over her shoulder and she looked rather worn out yet he could still see the lit fire in her eyes.

“Mr and Mrs. Walsh, I assume? I’m June Whittemore” she started out with a still smile and Logan held it in not to correct her. He guess he play along for now. “Please just call me June.”

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” he held out his hand to shake hers and June looked pleasantly surprised by his gesture. “Please call me Logan,” he said in a more gravelly voice. There were four chairs and the fifth one as facing the rest. Only three were occupied by Logan, Elizabeth, and Ben as June sat opposite from them.

“Ben is a great kid,” she began hesitantly. “He’s a fast learner, seemingly smarter than the children around him. You both should be proud.”

Logan didn’t say much, he wasn’t the one raising Ben so if anyone should feel proud, it was Elizabeth. But that was all June said before problems came up.

“He’s a bit of a troublemaker though. He can’t sit still or raise his hand to speak. He rushes out to recess five minutes before the right time, and he constantly talks during class when he isn’t suppose to. I was hoping we could work together on this.”

Ben didn’t look like he was listening, the boy looked bored but when Logan shot him a look with a raised eyebrow. The younger version of him hit him hard with that similar lopsided cocky grin that fell into short to the large innocent looking eyes as if he hasn’t done a thing wrong in his life. What a child. Logan was more amused and he patted Ben’s head. “He’s just a child, that’s what children do,” he defended his little boy.

“But he needs more discipline. This disrupts other student's studies and there's only one of me. I know he's young and he shows a lot of potential. Maybe we can put him in an after school program like reading or writing, or something,” June looked helplessly at Elizabeth as Logan didn’t seem to understand the problem at hand. She was hoping women would relate to the situation a lot more than a male that was fond of his son's playful nature. “Is he the same at home?”

@Sasil

Ben seemed more then happy to leave Elizabeth’s side at the sudden, appearance of Logan. Ben liked him almost to much already. It didn’t settle well with her, though really she should have been glad. But the young, annoyed and hurt teenager inside wasn’t going to have it. She was housing the anger towards Logan and it wasn’t just going to be thrown into the wind just because his son actually liked him. How did she know if he was just trying to get to know the kid for a bit hten ditch the both of them for some prettier, skinner bigger-breasted female that walked by. He was the kind of guy back in the day after all.

Approaching the small little reunion Elizabeth glared up at Logan smacking his hand away from her waist the moment she felt it inch its way around it. “Hands off.” She barked moving from him ever so slightly. “My silence was followed by a very clear look of ‘you better hell not come’. But your small brain didn’t seem to want to keep that into consideration did it?’ she snapped a bit sighing slightly, she put on a fake smile when Ben looked at the two of them still clearly excited that the two of them where here to see his teacher.

Once in the classroom, Elizabeth took a small glance at the parents around trying to measure what they wore, what kind of parents they were and maybe see what they thought of her. Course they probably judged her small age but they seemed less resenting, perhaps that was because of Logan who was also there. Well, having a ‘father’ figure was something everyone deemed stupid.

Not the words that Elizabeth would say but she wasn’t about to do anything about it. Ben was to happy. She would give him the proper words later when Ben was asleep.

When they got called in Elizabeth pulled at her skirt swallowing nervously. Why was she nervous? This was the first time doing something like this, Ben was a good kid she knew that but still that was around her. Maybe he was a bully at school? If that was the case—what would she do?

The scenarios swirled in her mind before they were cut short as the teach gave a pleasant smile. Elizabeth elbowed Logan for not correcting the teacher at her assuming the relationship but all she got was a name. Sighing she nodded her head just going along. It was probably better if they thought Logan was his and hers. But..it still bothered her.

At the praise to Ben’s character Elizabeth was hardly able to hide her pride. She worked hard to try and mold Ben in a good boy way, teaching him manners and he was always smart. She never had to help him with anything and he was quiet the artist too. Like his mommy she liked to think.

But that perfect picture was quick shattered by the sudden negative response to his behaviour in school. “He’s a problem?” she repeated looking to Ben a moment seeing the same bored look, like he wasn’t listening and was more interested in the way his ‘dad’ was giving him praise almost.

“No, at home he listens pretty well. I hardly ever have any kind of problems. Though sometimes I have to repeat instructions more times than I would like but I just pushed it aside as what kids do.” Elizabeth gave another worried look. “If I-I mean we- where to put him into some after school programs, how would those help? I’ll do anything to help of course.” Elizabeth admitted going into mom mode.

“Ben, can you tell me why you are causing a problem in the classroom? You never speak about such things.” Elizabeth spoke gaining his attention.

Swinging his feet from side to side he seemed to not hear it before he shrugged. “I just…bored. I don’t want to trouble mommy..” he admitted quietly. “Mommy has lots of other troubles at home…”

“O-Oh.” Elizabeth swallowed feeling her throat dry up instantly. Was she so troubled that her own child wasn’t able to communicate with her?

@FirePolaris

Logan peeked a glance at Elizabeth. He supposed a problematic child at school was a bad thing? He remembered his high school days. He threw parties, hosted car races, drank like an alcoholic, did some crazy shit and walked away laughing. Maybe that wasn’t the future Elizabeth was envisioning for Ben and Logan, not really knowing what else, kept his trap shut. For now, that is. Logan, the party animal, was also part nerd and his brain was on overdrive as he decided what would be the best for the situation. To gain Ben’s favor or Liz’s father, that is the question. Elizabeth looked shock at the new proclamation and Logan didn’t blame her, this kid was a freaking actor. Damn, maybe he did get too much of my traits.

He hardened his eyes in deep thoughts, narrowing it just slightly. The teacher seemed to be willing to help but he didn’t want his son to be in some random after school programs. School only hinders creativity. Ben should be outside playing with others, socializing and getting to know the world. Not try to hide himself behind a shell he created to please others. That was the point where Logan drew the line. While he knew he didn’t have any say in how to raise Ben, he was in his life now and he wanted to make a point.

Elizabeth asked why Ben was causing a ruckus in class and Ben didn’t seem to be bothered by the news at all because it wasn’t news but his reply was heartwarmingly sweet. Unlike Logan, at least little Ben had the decently to hide away his troubles for his parents.

He cleared this throat for attention and both of the women turned their head towards him. “If I may,” he said softly and he knew he got the teacher’s guard down the moment he turned on his charming smile at her. “I think Ben is fine the way he is. Kids are just kids, they’ll settle down later but I don’t want him to be stuck in a classroom all day.”

He turned to Elizabeth, inching closer before his lips are just barely ghosting over her ears. “Back me up here El, we should be a united front in front of her,” he whispered, making it look like he was a loving husband trying to utter secrets to his wife. But they both knew it was all manipulation and tactics. June looked at them with warm eyes thinking that they were just a family trying to do best for their son.

“Well, I guess we don’t need to have after school programs. But Ben should find ways to remove his excess energy. Maybe you guys could take him to play some sports? Ice skating maybe? Maybe then he’ll be quieter in class. What do you think?” June said quickly, trying to appease them both.

Logan took it, that was what he was aiming for after all. He made it seemed like June thought of all that and he had no play in changing her views. “Ben, do you want to go ice skating with El and me tomorrow evening?”

“Really? Can I go? I want to go! Mommy? Please? Can we go?” Ben piped up, excited to do more things than sit at home or be in day care or even at school. Things bored him easily and even Logan could see that. If Ben wasn’t so easily distracted, he’ll focus better in school and Logan knew Elizabeth couldn’t deny them both.

“I think it’s a great idea,” June added and Logan withheld a smirk.

Checkmate.

She wasn’t going to get rid of him. Not even when she really wants to. Soon, it was time to leave the conference room and they were back in the classroom. Logan took a good look around, feeling strange and out of place with all the parents hovering around their kids. It was weird that he was suddenly a father and he wasn’t sure how to take it but one step at a time. It was hard with a wall named Elizabeth in his way but he knew he could wiggle back into her heart. Even if there was no love between the two, they still have something connecting them after all.

“So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at the ice skating rink, Mrs. Walsh?” he nudged her playfully. “C’mon El, don’t be upset. Think of this as a opportunity for Ben to concentrate better during class.”

Ben tugged them both along, pointing at all his art works and math homework that was posted on the wall. “Look, I got first place in my math contest,” he said showing his addition and subtracting skills. It seemed like Ben was a fast learner and Logan smiled swelled with pride.

“That’s my boy,” he crouched down to rubbed the boy’s hair before he caught what he just said out loud. His eyes immediately locked with Elizabeth but it seemed like Ben didn’t catch the reference at all. Logan sighed inaudibly in relief before standing back up to talk to Elizabeth. “That was an accident,” he apologized, “I’ll be more careful next time.”

Soon, they were done browsing and Logan had to get back to his condo as the day was already wearing him down. “I’ll text you the address to the ice skating rink. See you tomorrow champ,” he bid Ben goodbye. The little boy waved excitedly back at him.

“Thanks for coming mister! I didn’t want mommy to be lonely.”

“Anytime kiddo,” Logan winked before leaving them both first.

The Next Day: 8 PM @ Ice Skating Rink

They decided to meet at the ice skating rink and grab dinner at the diner that was on the side of the rink. He was there first in his casual clothes. He was wearing a black wool peacoat and blue denim jeans. Inside was a fitted grey v-neck shirt and his hands were covered with gloves. He leaned against the side wall, right next to the automatic double doors as he waited for her outside to arrive. Now he was slightly worried that she was going to stand him up.

“You’re not going to make me wait too long are you, El?” he whispered to nobody in general.

@Sasil

Elizabeth felt like the worst parent in the world.

Her own child felt like her life was such a mess, that she was hurting enough that he wouldn’t tell her what was bothering him or that he was having a hard time in school? It felt like someone had driven a dagger into her back and twisted it.

Hearing Logan’s view on the manner had her frowning at him before he inched to brush his lips almost completely against hers causing that familiar shiver to race through her arms and all the way to her toes. This was familiar, this was the move he used at the bar to get her into a trusting stance. While she wanted to punch him in the face for even touching her like that, she knew he was right.

That struck a chord all on his own. Ben wasn’t a bad kid, and he was the most creative little guy she had ever seen. The fact that it could be taken away from him bothered her to no end. Thus she sighed nodding along but shooting him a look before giving a sweet smile back to the teacher.

“Logan has a point, while I want to help Ben in any way I can I don’t think cooping him up will help. If he has access energy maybe I can take him out more. He loves walking Dewey, maybe I can get off work earlier.” She admitted thinking of all the opportunies that there was but her job really hindered them.

But getting rid of her job wasn’t an option at all.

“Ice skating?” Elizabeth said quickly realizing that she had been thinking about her own ideas but was apparently a little slow. Logan had already snatched up an activity, gotten Ben excited and had all the people in the room looking at her with the eyes that she wasn’t able to say no too.

Ben most of all.

Swallowing she looked down at Ben then to Logan. “That sounds like it would be fun.” Elizabeth finally admitted taking a breath and running a hand through her hair bangs nervously. Logan was starting to really get on her nerves; trying to worm his way into their lives one step at a time. She knew what he was doing and while Ben might like it know, what would happen if he decided that he was done with them?

And he would. Logan didn’t stay with a girl or anyone for that matter, very long.

“Yeah, you have a lot to apologise for.” Elizabeth snapped at him upon hearing it again, ‘my boy’. It made her mad, but making a scene in front of people wasn’t going to happen.

“We will see you skating.” Was the last thing they said to each other that day.

Next Day: 8pm Ice Skating Rink

The previous day was filled with annoying questions that Elizabeth really didn’t enjoy trying to answer to young Ben.

‘Can we hang with Mr. Logan more often? Who is he exactly? Can he come over tomorrow!? I can’t wait to go ice skating with him!’ The questions went on and on. While Elizabeth was interested in ice skating the fear of falling on her own butt lingered.

She had never been ice skating, and making a fool in front of herself was highly probable. Especially with Logan waiting to show himself off.

“Come on, we should get going, we are going to be late.” Elizabeth finally said as they quickened there pace lucky for them it wasn’t too far of a walk to the skating area. They dressed with warm sweaters and hats and arrived just after 8:15.

“Do you see Logan?” Elizabeth asked but before she could finish her question Ben was off running to hug Logan’s legs in a tight embrace.

“Mommies slow, sorry we took so long. She was doing her hair and finding the right sweater.” Ben spoke Elizabeth cleared her throat frowning in denial.

“I was not. Ugh, come on let’s get your skates on and start this alright?” She spoke before taking Logan by the arm. “Before we go, you should know I am still mad at you. But….This is probably something Ben will love. You better teach him cause...I can’t skate.” She mumbled embarrassed and unable to look him in the eye.

@FirePolaris

No matter how much practice one has done, getting nervous is inevitable. This applies to the situation at the moment where Logan feels the small incessant wave of anxiety threatening to crawl all over his body. He had gotten good at hiding it with the smile. At the sound of a small squeal, his attention was suddenly caught off guard by a small toddler running up and tackling his leg. He chuckled softly, bending down to pick Ben up in his arms. “There’s my champion,” he said, tucking him tight in his arms. The little boy snitched on his mom only got Logan to snigger before one quick glance at Elizabeth. She frowned, denying the accusation coming from her son. “Mad at me?” he asked, playing dumb. “What ever for?” His visage was slowly forming that sly smile but he turned away from her before he taunted her some more.

Logan was slightly surprised at her declaration. She can’t skate? He thought everybody can skate. That’s odd. “I’ll teach both of you. What’s your shoe size? And Ben’s?” he said putting Ben down before going off to pay for the skates. He snapped the skates together between his fingers as he went back to help Ben put it on before placing his on. “Just hold onto me if you’re going to fall,” he teased but in case she started wobbling, he was already offering his hands to hold her steady. “C’mon, trust me. I won’t let you fall,” Logan started helping them both to the ice rink. Ben, for his first time, had the balance of a figure skater. It only took Logan a few examples before Ben started being able to balance all by himself.

“That’s good Ben, knees should be close but not too close. If you can’t stop, just hold onto the railing all around the rink,” he said as he patted the railing. He stepped onto the ice with Ben, holding his small chubby hand and helping him skate an inch at a time. The boy was a fast learner and Logan swore Ben inherited his athletic abilities. “Look Logan! I can do this without you holding me,” Ben beamed proudly, letting go of his hand. He skated slightly forward, stopping by holding onto the railing. “I’m going ahead, take care of mommy,” he said, too excited to figure out how to skate in circles by himself. Logan watched reluctantly, wanting to go after Ben every second but Ben was a fast learner. He got a hang of it and so his attention turned back to Elizabeth who looked more than hesitant to climb aboard. “Scared?” he taunted but he lifted her up from her waist and dropped her slowly onto the ice rink. Logan wanted to get her onboard before she decided to wimp out.

“Were you paying attention?” he asked as each of his hand held hers. He was going to have to skate backwards at this rate. “Just eyes on me, you’ll be fine. I got you,” he comforted her. “And if you fall, I’ll fall with you,” a lopsided smile wanted to reassure her. Every breath he released, the cold condensed it into vapor. He could see both of their breath in the air as he pulled her slowly towards him while he moved slowly backwards. The ice rink was low on people mainly because it was so early in the morning. He glanced over his shoulders a couple of times, making sure he wasn’t running anyone or any children over.

“El, El, eyes on me,” he snapped his fingers every time she looked slightly worried. They made a full circle before he brought her to a stop. Allowing her hands to touch the railing to hold her steady, he leaned against it, looking at Ben skate around like a pro. Sort of. The boy was doing a heck of a job. “You raised him well,” Logan complimented absentmindedly. No hidden intentions behind his words, it was just pure adoration and love for the little boy. “Maybe he can be in the Olympics one day,” he joked, his arms crossed as he watch Ben stop. Ben’s hands went up to wave at his mom happily like this was the best day of his life.

“Mommy, can we get ice cream after this? Please?” he yelled across the rink. He then turned to Logan who Ben was realizing was worse at saying no to him. “Logan, please? Please?” he begged softly. The cunning child was turning into Logan mini me yet he had every bit of Elizabeth’s demeanor. His smiles reminded him of her and the fact that Ben never wanted to inconvenience anyone else.

Nice try kiddo. “Only if your mom says okay,” Logan said with a bigger grin when he saw Ben’s disappointed face. He too was a child at one point. Of course he knew all the tricks into getting what he wanted. While many guys would not bother with having a child and while it was his fear when he was younger that made him leave her with fake contacts, the man in him was reeling with guilt and regret. His grandfather taught him better. Business doesn’t have to be ruthless. He needed to know when things were his fault and take that into account. He shook himself out of his stupor, realizing that he was spacing out for a few moments.

Logan then took her right hand in his, cocking his head to the side. “You ready? We’re going to speed up a little,” he was then no longer going backwards to guide her. They were standing side by side. Logan started with a faster velocity, a bigger momentum as they glided in a circle three times. He loved the feeling of the cold prickling his face, the intake of icy air and the sound of the skates against ice. Once he realized that Elizabeth was getting the hang of it, without telling her; Logan let go of her hand as he stopped in his tracks, watching her go before him.

And that was the first time ladies and gentlemen. That was the first time Logan Delgado has ever seen the back of a woman leaving him.

@Sasil

“Mommy never really says why she’s mad at you. Just that she is.” Ben admitted tapping his chin thinking a moment before his child brain switched from boring thinking to the fact he was going to learn something new and exciting. “I can’t wait to skate!” he called out raising his arms above his head and grinning at Logan then to Elizabeth who tried to mirror the excitement to her son before going back to the worried, annoyed expression that she had about the whole idea of learning something knew.

Especially in front of Logan.

“Oh right. I’m a 9, he’s a 5 kids.” Elizabeth spoke clicking her tongue a moment while she watched him hurry to get the two of them some skates. While he was gone she took a seat to start taking her own shoes off as well as Bens. With every shaky, nervous breath she a foggy breath flew from her mouth. It was colder then anticipated, but she wasn’t to bad even considering that.

“You warm enough?” Elizabeth asked Ben who smiled and nodded his head enthusiastically.

“Yeah!”

“Good.” She shot him a warm smile before looking down to his little feet just when Logan returned with their skates He seemed to be pretty excited about getting on the ice so Elizabeth decided on not making a big stink about getting his shoes on. He was the one who knew how to skate anyways, why should she be the one to tie Ben’s skates? Logan would make sure to have them tight enough anyways.

With the skates on Ben was already pushing himself out onto the ice. Elizabeth wasn’t even able to pay attention to herself instead her eyes were on Ben as he slowly made his feet glide against the frozen water. Already he was better than her. How was that possible?

When she realized that he was speaking to her she frowned, puffing her cheeks a bit. “You better not let me fall, I’ll hold it above your head. Trust me.” She spat, but he probably knew it was all nerves. Doing something new was one thing but doing it with a guy you used to have romantic feelings for till he smashed them with a single wrong address? That was another.

“Don’t rush me.” Elizabeth spoke staring at her feet seeing as they were now firmly planted on the ice that seemed insisted to make her fall on her face. Uneven breaths left her mouth as she watched Ben leave the safety of the adults and head forward. His smile and laughter could still be heard though so, even though she checked on him every few seconds she tried to focus on her own skating then just Ben’s safety.

“Well, he didn’t get his athletic ability from me.” She mumbled frowning gripping his hands tightly as Logan kept her moving ever so slightly forward. “You are a show off…going backwards.” Throwing that in his face she earned the normal half smile she always did and stared at her feet before he made her look back up at him.

That was the dangerous part though, she was afraid to look at him. And the fact that she knew she was afraid made it even worse.

Upon hearing his compliment though had Elizabeth snap her attention to him, nearly causing her to fall forward but she straightened herself out. “Thanks. It..Hasn’t been easy.” She admitted quietly. Many people had such mixed feelings about Ben. One, they would see Elizabeth thinking she should have kept her legs shut or that she was a bad mom for being alone or there where sme people who complimented her Normal it was the first hearing it from Logan though?

She wasn’t sure what to think or say.

“It’s kind of cold for ice cream isn’t it?” Elizabeth called to Ben who gave a pouty face at the thought of rejection to his idea. Elizabeth was focused on skating to really notice, she knew very well that at the wrong movement she would find herself on the ice rank with the whole crowd laughing at her.

“But..we could get some hot chocolate or something. Maybe ice cream later. If you are behave.” She spoke, seeing him try and talk Logan into it and actually failing had her smiling but that smile was soon gone at the mention of picking it up.

“Look at mommy go! Skating on her own!” Ben spoke coming behind her before passing with a little giggle. His mommy was holding hands with a man, how could that not be happy in his books?

“Mr. Logan will you get us some hot chocolate?” he asked beside him waiting to skate alongside him. After hearing the answer he wanted to hear, Ben watched him turn to leave, hardly able to contain his excitement though he skated forward to catch up with the slow paced Elizabeth.

“I think Logan likes you mommy.” Ben spoke causing Elizabeth to look rather quickly to Ben.

“What makes you say something like that?” Elizabeth spoke stopping in her tracks.

“He watches you….a lot.” He spoke still skating. Though he stopped suddenly at the sudden yelp from behind him that sounded like Elizabeth.

She had fallen, or more like pushed because of her sudden stopping.

The reason for her stopping? Because she had almost liked the idea that he, Logan the asshole of the fucking century, had been watching and helping her. The thought was stupid so stupide she would stop while someone was still skating and that said person was too busy skating to stop. Pushing Elizabeth, who lost her balance, fell  down to the ground rather ungracefully ending up with a bloody lip and a gash on her head.

“Mommy! Are you alright!” Ben cried turning around frantic at the sight of his own mothers blood.

At the sudden appearance of Logan she looked up at him with a slight frown. “You said you would catch me if I fell.” She spoke quietly, trying to not cry from both the pain and the embarrassment.

@FirePolaris 

His attention was enraptured by her backside, the silver hair that sways side to side but soon a voice snapped him out of his stupor. Logan crouched down a little, patting Ben on the head. “I’ll get you and Elle some hot chocolate, take care of her for me. She has a tripping problem,” he winked before skating away. He had no problem walking to the vending machine with his skates on. He pulled out his wallet from his butt pocket before sliding his credit card. He clicked on the hot chocolate picture. Logan figured Elizabeth should be fine as long as she’s close to the railing. He watched as the styrofoam cup came out from the side and hot chocolate poured in. The steam indicated the level of heat and once he got another cup, Logan had both of his hands occupied with two cups of hot chocolate. If anything, he would have expected that it was he that trips over the ice and spill all the cup content.  

The yelp from a very familiar voice got the male walking faster and once he was on the rink, he searched for her. There she was, on the floor, looking bruised and hurt. God dammit! He left for five fucking minutes and she injured herself already? She was a safety hazard on the rink, that’s for sure. Logan pushed down panicked thoughts and skated over to her side. His drinks were given to Ben. “Calm down champ, just hold this and I’ll take care of her,” he told the little boy. Logan realized that even though it wasn’t in his intentions, he always ended up somehow taking care of her even when he was sick. He couldn’t let her sleep on the floor and get herself sick so he had to carry her to his bed. “Fuck. You are the death of me, El,” he said grimly but with a slight teasing tone. “Cannot let my eyes leave your sight for even just a second.”

Logan crouched down next to her, withholding his laughter but at the same time, he wanted to scold her for being so careless. He held both of his hands on either side of her flushed cheeks. He gently moved it from one side to another, examining the damage but it seemed like she had to go to the hospital for stitches. He rather be safe than sorry. He got as close as he can to her face without actually touching it. They were just mere millimeters away. “What if I want to do bad things to you?” he said, taunting her. “I can’t explain. What can I say? I’m complicated,” he winked, pulling back before standing up. “C’mon, can you stand?”

Logan wasn’t sure if he trusts her to skate back to the entrance. Once she stood up, the man wrapped an arm around her waist and lifted up her legs, carrying her out as he ignore the glances thrown their way. He gently dropped her down onto a sofa bench as Ben followed them, looking as if he is about to faint any moment. “Mommy are you okay? Does it hurt? Should I kiss it to make it go away?” he rambled, his eyes filled with tears already rolling down his cheeks. Logan patted the poor kid’s head, he looked traumatized and he wasn’t sure if Ben ever wanted to ice skate again.

“It’s okay buddy, your mom will be fine,” Logan said, trying to convince both of them. He knelt down in front of her as he started undoing the laces to her skates to pull them out from each foot. Once he was done with hers, he worked on Ben and then finally took off his own skates. “Stay here El, I swear, if you trip and break an arm…” He shook his head, not wanting to think about it. While he went to return the skates, Ben sat next to Elizabeth, leaning onto her arm as if the boy was the one who get injured instead. He took sips of his hot chocolate before remembering to offer his mom a cup as well.

“Here mommy, Logan got this for you,” he smiled. “Do you like Logan?”

Once he returned his skates, he headed back, unable to hear any of the conversations between Ben and Elizabeth. He gave her a grim look before helping her and taking her in the car. “We’re going to the hospital. No objections,” he said pointedly as he opened the door for both Ben and Elizabeth to slide in. Turning on the car engine, Logan proceeded to drive to the nearest private own hospital because let's face it, this businessman doesn't believe in public hospitals. Once they arrived, the hospital process took forever. They were handed a clipboard with a bunch of patients information before the doctor would agree to see her. She had to sign privacy forms and Logan sat next to her with Ben on his lap. "Do you want me to get you anything? Any food? Painkillers?"

@Sasil

‘Fuck. You are the death of me, El,”

“Cannot let my eyes leave your sight for even just a second.”

Course he couldn’t, if he had been there he would have caught her and she wouldn’t have fallen and bloodied her lip and forehead so terrible. Or she would like to believe that would be how it would have gone. But what did she know? He was staring at her with such an intense, caring gaze that her heart started to flutter when he moved to cup her bruised face in his hands checking for any other sort of marks from her fall that had resembled a child. The embarrassment stayed longer then the pain; while her face was throbbing she felt more heat to her cheeks for each passing sentence that passed his lips in her direction.

While she wanted to sit back and slap him for being so close to her, his hot breath hitting her face she couldn’t find the strength to do that. She was both upset and seemed to be not in control of her own body at that damn moment. But her mouth could work right? Why wasn’t she saying anything to him, commenting on the fucking words he spouted that made no sense to her clouded mind.

‘What if I want to bad things to you’

What was that supposed to mean? Was it true? Did Ben have an eye for catching the fact that he liked her and he was using it as an innuendo for the exact act that resulted in her getting pregnant but a few years ago? She should have asked what he meant. Said something to get that teasing smile off his face but instead she kept her mouth shut.

But no, instead she stood unable to speak other than feel worried for Ben who seemed to be taking it harder than anyone about what just happened. The moment she was going to calm her child Logan, once again, swept her off her feet and she arrived at the bench where he quickly got to work on her own skates. His warmth was a welcome surprise since she was covered in the ice from other skaters. But looking down to Ben she frowned trying to smile for him.

“Mommy is okay, everyone falls down.” She spoke leaning over to place a careing hand on his head before wipping a tear off his cheek. “I just need a bandied nothing more.” She added before hearing the hospital being thrown into the air.

“I don’t think I really need to go to the hospital do I?” She repeated crossing her arms over her chest before getting the same look and answer she should have known he was going to throw at her. Sighing she watched Logan leave, wiping the blood from her forehead then onto a napkin that had come with the hot chocolate Logan had got for the two of them. Once he was gone the familiar weight of Ben leaning against her for comfort reminded her to try and get the boy to relax, this was a tramatic event. Hopefully he would still want to skate next time.

Perhaps Elizabeth should have been the one to sit on the bench and watch the fun. Next time she would.

Course, that was suspecting that Logan would be around and she cursed under her breath for thinking there would be another time.

“Do I like Logan?” Elizabeth repeated the question dramatically taking a sip of her hot beverage before gasping. That did not feel good on her wound. Glancing at Ben he nodded his head watching, waiting for her answer.

Swallowing she looked to the ground then up at Ben again, giving a small smirk. “He’s…growing on me. As a nice boss and a friend. Maybe, still an annoying pain in the ass.” She spoke before quickly adding, “Don’t tell him that. It’s our secrete alright?” she added quickly placing a finger to her lip.

Mere moments later Logan appeared to save the two once more, well save might have been a loose term considering that Elizabeth really didn’t want to get saved and brought to the hospital but like he said no objections.

“Fine. I won’t argue.” She said finally before standing to her feet with little help from him. Ben followed close behind giggling  a little as the two walked close together, Logan seemed to help more and more. It was bothering Elizabeth for one reason.

It meant that she couldn’t hate his ugly, ditching face forever.

It wasn’t long till Elizabeth was in the clean, private hospital that she never thought she would step into. Ben was born in a public hospital and she went to public hospitals all the time. She was poor, barely had enough to survive but know here she was in the fancy place going over paperwork and signing everything quickly before they would even let her in to see the doctor.

“No, I’m okay. Can you take care of Ben while I am seeing the doctor though?” Elizabeth asked taking a moment to look at Ben who seemed to be fine with being left with him for a while. “That is alright right Ben?”

“Can we get something to eat together after then?” Ben asked looking up at Logan with his puppy dog eyes.

“If that is what you want, I don’t see why not…But can we not eat in the restaurant.” She admitted feeling a little embarrassed about the whole thing. “We can eat at the house, it’s not that far from here.” Elizabeth offered feeling guilty about the whole thing.

“Oh yeah! Logan can come and meet Dewey and see my room!” Ben said excited about the whole thing.

“Elizabeth Walsh?” Elizabeth’s name was called and she stood quickly heading to follow the doctor.

The Doctor said what Elizabeth knew already, head trauma stiches and a bit of antibiotics to help with the pain. It took longer than she had first anticipated but once she was out she walked back to the waiting room seeing the two together.

“We got food together! Mommy okay?” he asked holding onto her pants and looking up to her face worried.

“Mommy is fine, all stitched up kind of look like frenkstein know.” Elizabeth chuckled a bit looking to Logan. “Thank you.” A warm smile thrown his way, one that she really hadn't given anyone for a long time had suddenly appeared for the man she was mad at for years.

@FirePolaris

“I’ll take care of Ben,” he nodded, already finding the little boy amusing and it was rather different from the first time. He remembered how just a couple weeks ago, it felt awkward and uncomfortable being around children and even now, it still feels weird around other kids. Just not his own. He was odd like that. Logan mussed the boy’s hair affectionately. However, with Ben’s question, Elizabeth’s answer was unexpected and he turned his head, unable to hide his slight surprise. His eyes treaded over hers with uncertainty. “Yeah, we can,” and to shake off the feeling, he added,” So I’m finally allowed into your place. Don’t blame me for what happens next.” There daunting tone was back but Ben quickly took the more innocent route.

“Dewey?” he asked, cocking his head with interest. “Who may that be?”

“He’s my dog!” Ben exclaimed proudly. Their attention was quickly diverted when Elizabeth’s name was called out and Logan held Ben’s hand to wave bye to Liz. With Elizabeth out of the way, Ben turned to Logan with more questions that he probably should have spilled to the man.

“Logan. How are you growing on mommy?”

“I’m sorry, I’m what?”

“I don’t see your arm sprouting on her. What did she mean by that?”

An all-knowing grin replaced his confusion and he pinched the little boy’s cheeks gently. “It just means she likes me enough to keep me around.”

“What does ass mean?”

Logan almost choke on air before he recomposed himself and coughed, lightly beating his chest with his right hand. “It’s a term of love,” he nodded as he was imparting wise words onto Ben. “It’s what you call someone when you like them,” he finished his teachings. Ben nodded as if he gets it and the boy started to grill Logan. “Wait, why? Who taught you that word?”

“No one! It’s a secret,” Ben puffed out his cheeks and pressed his index finger on his lips before shushing. At the same time, his stomach started growling and Logan picked the boy up.

“Alright Ben, let’s grab you something small?” Logan asked as the boy eagerly nodded in agreement. They headed to the hospital’s cafeteria, ordering a small cup of mac and cheese. With a plastic black fork on one hand and the cup of mac and cheese on the other, Ben hopped back into their original seats as they waited for Elizabeth to come out. When she came back out, Logan stood up to examine her face and grimaced at the stitches she had to get.

“Yeah,” he breathed out, refraining the temptation to touch around her scars.  “No problem,” he answered back sincerely. It was like he was in the Twilight Zone and while he couldn’t completely recall everything that happened that night, he knew what attracted him to her in the first place. And it came back with full force when she smiled at in for the first time in a long time. He was  tongue tied for a second and he ended up gazing into her eyes but a voice over the speaker broke him out of his stupor.

“I-“ Logan cleared his throat. “Let’s go then.” He led them back to his car, opening up the door for Elizabeth and helping them both in. His hands went over her head to make sure she wasn’t going to hit the car’s roof on her way in. Now he wasn’t being too sure about keeping his eyes off her. What if she trips or something? Logan drove off, already memorizing her place and once they arrived, he waited for Elizabeth to open the door. It felt strange being in front of her door and being invited in this time. It felt like another dimension and he stood there for a second, feeling like she was going to turn around and tell him this was all a dream.

But she didn’t.

And he went inside.

He took off his shoes out of respect and Ben grabbed him by the hand. Dewey charged to the front of the door barking and he chuckled, greeting the dog with a belly rub. “This way Logan. This way!” Ben dragged Logan out of his play time with Dewey and towards Ben’s room. Logan assumed Elizabeth started making dinner but he wondered if he should be helping. There was something wrong with leaving an injured woman with stitches unaccompanied that gave him an uneasy feeling. Yet he couldn’t deny Ben so he went along, looking at the boy’s room full of pictures, superheroes, and a bed that looked more than comfortable. Ben showed him all the figurines he accumulated over the year and even all the baby pictures that he missed out on as they sat on Ben’s bed.

“And that’s mom and me in our swim suit!”

Logan grinned, “Hah, she looks the same.” Her unassuming eyes bore into his as he stared at the picture, feeling more than that twinge of guilt. He had missed his son’s prime time and now he was just trying to do everything he couldn’t do before.

“So what do you think of my mommy?” Ben asked, his voice dropped to a whisper.

“What do you think?” Logan winked cryptically at the boy who tilted his head in confusion.

“I think you like her mister Logan. Can you come over more often?”

Logan chuckled, “That depends on what your mother says.” However, he didn’t deny any accusations. So when dinner seemed almost ready, Logan and Ben strolled into the kitchen.

“Mommy!” Ben waved his hands to get Elizabeth’s attention causing Logan to quirk his brow. He knew that look, that was the same look Logan gave others when he was about to do something —

“Logan ass you!”

— mischievous.

“Logan ass you! Logan ass you!”

“Ben!” Logan said calmly. If he wasn’t such a great actor, he would be anything but composed. “Ass is not a verb. It’s an adjective.”

“But, mister Logan. You said it didn’t you. Ass means that you l—“ A hand clamped over Ben’s mouth shut. This kid was a little fox. “Mmmmh!”

“Alright buddy, that’s enough out of you. Let’s have dinner. Without any asses,” he chuckled nervously.

@Sasil

Elizabeth sighed rubbing her temples while they drove back to her house. It was confusing to think everything that had happened in such a short amount of time. While she had some medicine she was on at the moment, nothing to strong just something for the pain from having stiches placed in her face, it was hard to recall everything. But she did remember offering for Logan to actually come to the house, inside and not having to slam the door in his face was a new one. But, it was alright. Ben seemed to really like Logan and though that scared part of her that reminded her every moment she found herself liking him again that he left her. He lied and left her without so much of a good bye years ago.

But a small part of her wanted to believe that he had changed.

Only a small part, and it pained to think about.

They arrived faster then she had first anticipated, Logan was being extra…caring toward her. Helping her out of the car, he had even aided her in getting in. It was eerie how nice he was being and she wasn’t sure if she liked it.

After fiddling with her keys she finally opened the door to her small house, unsure why she felt like it was a pig sty compared to his fancy home that had a place for everything. She hadn’t had time to clean in a while, toys littered the floor and in the kitchen she knew very well that Ben’s drawing stuff was still on the table from a few nights before. At least most of the dishes where done and Dewey had resisted in chewing a pillow this time around.

“Shh, don’t bark Dewey. Logan isn’t a bad guy.” Elizabeth smirked patting the dog to calm him down. She quickly moved out of the way towards the kitchen seeing as Ben had taken over Logan in showing him everything he could possibly show him.

Sighing heavily, Elizabeth made her way towards the kitchen to start making something for dinner. She had some chicken she could use and a salad could easily be made with everything she ha left in the fridge. Rolling up her sleeves she started to prepare, telling herself over and over again that it was alright that Logan was there. In her house. Seeing her things, as long as he stayed out of her bedroom she would be fine.

From the kitchen Elizabeth could hear Ben talking a hundred miles a minute to Logan about everything he had done the past few days, past few years. Everything. He talked pretty easy with a man he had only met a few times but she guessed it came easy when it was actually his father he was talking to freely.

Perhaps she should tell Ben.

The thought had her stop slicing a bit of her finger. Cursing under her breath she sucked her thumb in her mouth, luckily she was pretty much done and the table just needed to be set.

That was when the two came into the kitchen and she rose an eyebrow seeing that look. That look on Bens face resembled his father far too much. “What are you talking about Ben-“

And then he said it. She frowned pulling her finger out of her mouth frowning. “Ben I told you to use that word. Though…” she crossed her arms over her chest raising an eyebrow towards Logan. “What does he mean, ‘Logan Ass you?” what are you teaching Ben back there?” She frowned a moment before turning around.

“Dinner is ready, I just need to set the table. But I got to put a band aide on first.” She held her hand up to Logan who was more then likely going to make a comment. “I’m clumsy, and it’s nothing. I am not going back to the hospital. If you want to help, set the table.” She spoke with a slight order to her tone. With that she took off her apron and hurried to the bathroom grabbing the first Band-Aid she could find before returning to see the boys doing as she asked.

“Thanks, aren’t we helpful.” They had even put the food on the table. “I think I might have something cookies for desert we can have if you eat everything on your plate.” Elizabeth spoke looking to Ben who pouted.

“Okay. Do I have to eat everything?” he whined.

“Yes. You want to grow up big right?”

“Yeah! Like Logan!” he explained throwing his arms up in the air before taking a bite of his chicken while Dewey seemed to be begging for some. He knew that Ben was a messy eater. This was his opportunity for some good food.

“Hope it tastes...alright.” Elizabeth spoke looking to Logan. It was weird to be cooking for him, perhaps he didn’t like what she made? Not that it would matter really. But for some reason, she did feel like it did matter. This was like a family dinner—and it was weirding her out to no end. Part of her wondered if he found it really weird as well.

Probably not. Logan probably didn’t even care.

@FirePolaris (Sorry this took so long D:  ))

Logan coughed, rubbing his throat nervously when she gave him the look. It suddenly felt as if they were married for years and he was caught teaching their child something immoral. Stretching his neck, Logan gave her a sheepish grin before picking up Ben once more. “It’s our little secret. Right Ben?” he pinched the little boy’s right cheek. Ben, feeling ecstatic that he now has a secret with Logan, nodded his head vehemently.

“Mommy, it our secret.” He pressed his index finger onto his plush red lips and made shushed sounds.

“Okay champ, no more assing, deal?” Logan looked straight into the familiar blue eyes, trying to be strict but failing miserably. Ben snickered softly, covering his laugh with both of his hands making Logan shake his head playfully. “You’re killing me buddy. Killing me,” his hand went over his heart dramatically before Elizabeth caught both of their attention again. It seemed that Logan was slacking off a little bit too much. He raised an eyebrow at her cut but she quickly shoved it away and gave them tasks to do. He pursed his lips but said nothing about it yet.

Logan held Ben up for the little boy to point to where the plates and utensils were and while carrying Ben with one hand, he started setting up the table with his other free arm. “Wow, I think you gain some weight Ben,” Logan joked whenever the little boy slowly slipped down his waist. Once they were done setting the table, Ben was placed on the floor as Logan gave him food to put on the table. Well, it was more like a pitcher of water since he didn’t trust his little boy with their dinner. As Elizabeth made her appearance again, they sat down to eat dinner. He scooted the chair out for Ben to sit before he sat down himself. Ben eyed the food with a lively smile on his face.

“Can’t remember the last time I had homemade meals,” he said as he started eating away. He listened to the exchange between Ben and Elizabeth, smirking lightly at the reference to him. With a knife and a fork, he began carving the chicken like a skilled butcher. One thing Logan hated the most was getting his hands dirty and in a way, he had learned to eat with extreme etiquette from his family.

He raised his head when she spoke to him and Logan paused before answering. “Hmm,” he pondered out loud. “This chicken tastes…” he trailed off, taking a gulp of water before continuing.

“It tastes sort of perfect,” he gave her a cheeky grin. “It’s great, I swear. Boy scout’s honor,” he winked at her. The dinner slowly became slightly awkward in silence with Ben breaking it here and there asking if he had to eat his carrots. “I’ll eat a carrot for every carrot you eat,” Logan offered before Ben simply gave up and agreed. The boy at least only had to eat half of his vegetables. “You know buddy, carrots are good for your eyes,” he said as he took a bite of it. “And trust me, glasses are a pain to have.”

Ben cocked his head in confusion. “They taste bad,” he merely replied as if the whole statement was triumphed over every other scientific discovery about carrots.

Logan chuckled, finishing his food just as he made one last dinner comment. “I think Ben took after you in the stubborn category.”

Once dinner was done, Ben hopped off his chair with his empty bowl of food. Logan picked him up just to wash Ben’s hands because he couldn’t help but remember that Ben ate the chicken with his hands instead of a fork. Kids are known to have a shit ton of germs on their hands.

“I’m going to go play,” Ben stated when his feet landed on the ground again. He dashed off leaving Logan and Elizabeth to clean up the rest of the mess. As Logan began to pick up the empty dishes and placing them in the sink, he figured Elizabeth washed the dishes to save water but the guy was more used to dumping everything in the dish washer.

“So what’s new with you?” Logan asked, attempting to strike up conversation and he took the sponge and poured an abnormally large amount of dish soap on it. He then squeezed the bottle and poured the soap continuously all over the sink and the dishes. The more the better. “This should be enough soap right?” He then poured the water on the dishes only to create massive amount of bubbles from the soap which ended up flooding the sink. "So do we just leave in there for half an hour?" This wasn't fazing the man at all. He just assumed the more soap the better and there wouldn't be any physical labor involved in doing the dishes. The confidence in his words was ironic compared to the dire situation.

Sasil Sasil

Last edited:
“When mommy made you soup at your place.” Ben spoke looking to Logan for his praise. “She made you soup because you were sick.” But instead of getting the praise from the man who was his father, but he didn’t know it, he got praise from his mother by a pat on the head. A gesture she did with a soft smile more often she probably cared to admit.

“So about what a few days ago?” Elizabeth asked before going back to working on her own meal. She smirked towards Logan who seemed to actually be enjoying the meal more than he had said before. While she hardly believed him with his ‘boy scouts honor’ a term that brought her back to their first meeting, but it had made her laugh then and it had made her smirk now. Damn his charm, and damn his getting along with there sin so easily. It would be easier to cut him out of their lives completely when he was a selfish pig. Now though, everything was different. He was different.

Changed, grew up mostly.

She had to emphasis the mostly, deep down he was more child then anything.
While she though this Ben and Logan argued about how bad carrots tasted, while she preferred them uncooked, the satisfying crunch of the carrot the best part, they still were a veggie. A cheap veggie she could afford on her tight budget. “Just eat them then you get dessert.” Was all Elizabeth spoke towards the two of them before eating the rest of her meal.

Having the drugs in her system though had cut most of her hunger to the point hse had more leftovers then the rest. Luckily for her, Ben was to interesting in Logan to notice that she had not eaten all her food. Gathering the plates up and starting the cleaning process she smiled as Ben ran away to start playing. Normally she would ask him to help but thanks to having a visitor she decided that this was better between the two adults. Though, awkward was another term she would use to describe this exchange.

“Oh just a gash in my face, being drugged. The normal stuff.” Elizabeth said dryly placing a hand on her hip while watching with a slightly confused expression as she watched Logan place the dishes in her sink. While she did wash them by hand, he was doing it in a…interesting process.

“What are you doing?” she finally asked as he seemed to be proud of what he had done. Which, in all honesty was just make a bigger mess then before. Had he really never done dishes before? Ahh, and this was her fathers child.

“We have to wash them…You know with a cloth?” Elizabeth spoke moving towards her dises. She took out some od the dishes now that it was overflowing. While he had given more then enough soap she started to run the water. Bending down she quickly grabed the drying rack and handed him a new dry cloth to dry them as she washed. “Here, you can dry. I’ll wash. Don’t worry about putting htem away, I don’t expect you to know where everything is.” She instructed putting on the yellow rubber gloves she started to do the dishes mindlessly looking at the soapy water. Though there was more bubbles then normal she made do.

“So, you never have done dishes before have you? Must be nice.” She teased with a smirk though it did hurt her ace to show such an emotion. “For the record, today was fun. Except for the me making an ass of myself and falling. Ben enjoyed it though.” She trailed off looking to him for a moment before clearing her throat.

“So yeah…Thanks.”
Polaris. Polaris.

Logan turned to look at her with a quirk of an eyebrow in confusion. “What do you mean what am I doing?” he asked as if his actions are rather obvious. They were in fact quite obvious. He was trying to get things cleaned up faster and she sounded more irritated and tired than ecstatic that he cleaned up his mess. He frowned when Elizabeth explained the process of washing the dishes. His lips thinned in a straight line as he tried to think about her method. Well…he supposed he sounded more plausible than his way of doing things. “Are you sure?” Logan questioned, elbowing her. “I won’t tell if you won’t.”

But it seemed like she found a new job for him to do. Grabbing a drying cloth, he sighed and nodded. “Okay, I’ll just stack them up. Your wish is my command,” he grinned playfully. Whenever she handed him a bowl or a plate, he would meticulously wipe each one spotless before putting it down away from the soapy sink. He was rather focus about his task until she teased him about his inability to do the dishes. “What? I have a dishwasher,” Logan retorted but it was still embarrassing even if he won’t admit it. Unexpectedly, Elizabeth casually mentioned enjoying the day and ending it with a thank you. He bit his inner cheeks to prevent a smile from spreading across his face but he didn’t know why. It made him happy to know that he made her happy. Coughing slightly, Logan nodded. “You’re welcome,” he answered. “And for the record, Liz? I had fun too.”

He sniggered. Yeah he wasn’t going to let her off that easily. He wouldn’t be a Delgado then. “Especially seeing you in skates,” he teased her back. “But in all honesty. You scared the shit out of woman. Next time, I’ll have to find something less physical.”

Unexpectedly, Logan was already thinking of a next time. He was somehow already thinking about the future and without realizing it, he was already putting her in his future. Once the dishes were all done, he wiped his hands and allowed her space to put away the dishes. When they were done, he didn’t want to overstay his welcome especially since he was already intruding in her house. While they were together today, they were technically somewhat strangers.

“Logan, are you leaving already?” Ben peeked his head out from his room as Logan walked over to say goodbye.

“Yeah champ. I gotta head out but I’ll see you again.”

“Really? You promise?” Ben held out his pinky. “Pinky swear?”

“Yeah. Pinky swear,” he chuckled, bending his pinky over Ben’s. Opening the door, Logan waited for Elizabeth to come out with him for a second.

“So don’t forget about this Saturday. My mom is expecting you for brunch, it’ll be at ten in the morning,” he said but of course, offered her a way out. “But if you don’t want to see her, just let me know. I know this is kind of awkward,” he admitted before letting his hands fall to his side, not knowing where to place them. When she agreed to come on Saturday, Logan nodded and raised his hand to pinch her cheeks. “Just letting you know. Mom’s a stubborn woman. Once she has you, she won’t let you go.”

He leaned in closer to open the door for her to head back inside. “Good night El. Thanks for having me over.”

-Next Saturday-

Logan was already there and already exhausted even before Liz came over. Why? His mother couldn’t stop nagging about this or that. He ended up taking a walk outside for an hour before coming back to see Eggs Benedict all prepared with small waffles with blueberries on plates.

“Does Elizabeth drink orange juice or apple juice?” Mrs. Delgado inquired and Logan shrugged as an answer.

“How should I know?”

“Aren’t you her boyfriend?”

“No. We’re not in a relationship mom,” he sighed, his hand running through his hair from frustration. It was way too early for this. “El likes her coffee. And with cream,” he answered remembering small facts without noticing it. His mom’s lips curved into an all knowing smile only to fuel his ire. “What?!” he barked but she rolled her eyes at him.

“You boys are so slow. I have my hands full,” she sighed before calling the maid over to grind out fresh coffee.

“Ms. Hans, please make me a cup as well. Or maybe five,” Logan said as he sat down on the dining table just as the bell rang.

“Coming!” Mrs. Hans said as she hurried to run over to open the door. “Oh you must be Miss Elizabeth. Please come in!”

Sasil Sasil

‘And for the record, Liz? I had fun too.’

It was a small statement, but one that still for an odd reason, had her mind and heart racing. Why was that? She didn’t have feelings for this man. The only reason she was even being nice was for the fact he was the father of her son, and her son deserved to know his father. Even if it wasn’t known to him yet.

She would tell Ben at some point. Probably be better now than later but a small part of her knew the moment she told Ben that Logan was his father she would lose Ben. Ben would want to spend as much time with his dad, and while she knew that was a good thing…it made her heart ache. What if Logan left? What if he actually did get a girlfriend and didn’t want anything to do with the two of them.
It could happen, very easily. She had seen it time and time again on tv and in her own friends lives.
But those where the bad thoughts. Good ones could linger somewhere and in a blink of an eye

Elizabeth decided to not focus on that instead she would focus on the fact she had a good time.

Other then the face hurting, but the day was well spent.

“Good to hear. If we go do something physical, I’ll sit and watch so I don’t make a fool of myself again.” Elizabeth chuckled clearing her throat covering up her awkward pause starting to finish up the dishes in mostly silence. Once everything was put away, Logan started towards the door apparently leaving.

Elizabeth was both happy to see him leave and a little sad. Mostly for Ben. That was what she kept telling herself. It was for Ben, no one else.

“Start getting ready for bed Ben, I’ll be right back.” She spoke earning a small pout before Ben hurried towards the bathroom and she followed him outside. The moment they were alone he dropped the mom ball on her. Again. She sighed running a hand behind her neck unsure what else to do. Getting out of it just didn’t seem like a good idea, she had agreed already right?

“Right, I’ll be there. Don’t be to surprised if I am a little late.” Elizabeth admitted with only a small chuckle before hearing his footsteps opening her door for her to go back into her house. “Yeah, your welcome.“ was the last she spoke before she shut the door behind her.

Her heart both racing and fear lingering in the depths of it.

-Saturday-

Like Elizabeth had warned him, she was late. Well, who could blame her? After a long explanation to Ben about where she was going, trying to say it in kids terms about going to an important breakfast dinner with her boss but described in a sense that a kid would understand and the fact she got lost on her way to his mother’s house.

Such a vague description and her sense of direction was even worse. One of the main reasons she didn’t drive except to places she knew.

But after at least 30 minutes of driving around and getting lost at least three times Elizabeth finally arrived at her destination. A little frazzled and nervous but there nonetheless. Checking her appearance in the car mirror for the hundredth time she got out of the car and walked to the door. The annoying tense feeling in the pit of her stomach had her both yearning for another cup of coffee and just wanting to run away from the predicament.

This was Ben’s grandma, he should have been there but telling the old lady that she had a bastard grandson probably wouldn’t go over well. Traditionalist perhaps? Well, who knew. But Elizabeth wasn’t about to tell her in that moment that was for sure.

It was only a moment before the door flung open and the older women she had yet to meet opened the door. Maid? “Yeah…I am. I must have the right house.” Elizabeth chuckled nervously walking in slowly after being ushered into the entrance, the door shutting any means of escape behind her.

“They are in the dining room waiting for you. Let me take your coat.” Ms. Hans spoke nearly forcing Elizabeth out of her coat. Pushy, but probably just wanted to help that badly would be Elizabeth’s thoughts. With one last breath she took a few steps into the what she guessed was the dining area, hearing the voices coming from it.
“Sorry I’m late.” Elizabeth stuttered only slightly trying to keep herself from falling on the ground.

“Oh dear, are you late I didn’t even notice.” Logan’s mother chuckled waking to her side.
“I got lost a few times but it turned out in the end.” Elizabeth chuckled rubbing the back of her neck, she gave a small look to Logan. Perhaps she should have asked t come together, but that was to late at the moment. “Everything smells good.” She added quicky.

Polaris. Polaris.

It wasn’t until that first sip of coffee that ease his irritation. His head was clearer now and with the glances his mother gave him, he knew he slightly screwed up. “We’re not in a relationship but we’re dating,” Logan cleared his throat to clarify. “So after the dating part, we’ll figure out where we stand,” he explained.

Mrs. Delgado had her long blonde hair down, sweeping over her shoulders and resting near her waist. She gave birth early, at the age of 24 and while she was past her prime, she still looked like a thirty years old more than a woman over her forties. Her wrinkles were minimal and her make up was natural. She had a warm coral lipstick painted over her lips. Her azure hues were bright and excited for the day. Her fingers drummed on the table similar to Logan’s habits. She wanted to know more about her future daughter-in-law. It was so incredibly difficult to get Logan to date or meet up with other females without the male leaving the date early or just missing it altogether.

At the sound of Elizabeth’s voice, Mrs. Delgado turned to Logan with a charming smile much like his own lopsided one. “Oh dear, are you late, I didn’t even notice.” She got up to give Elizabeth a hug before pulling the chair out for her. “My dear, just sit. Food will come out shortly.”

Mrs. Hans worked quickly and soon three salmon Eggs Benedict were placed in front of everyone. She brought coffee with cream for Elizabeth and just red wine for Mrs. Delgado. Soon a large bowl of salad was placed in the middle. Right next to the salad was a three tier tray of small finger sandwiches with chicken, salmon, tuna and egg salad on the top. Scones and blueberry muffins were placed in the middle tier. Finally, small desserts such as creme brûlée and tiramisu slices were placed at the bottom. She then put a pitcher of orange juice right next to the tray.

“Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything,” Mrs. Hans commented as she put down three empty glasses for the orange juice.

“I wasn’t sure about your palate so I prepared a little bit of everything. Hopefully you find them tasty,” Mrs. Delgado remarked, urging Elizabeth to dig in. Logan had a feeling it was a little bit awkward for Liz to be the first one eating so he started using his fork to pick up the salmon finger sandwich and started to cut into bite pieces before putting it in his mouth. It was more of a scene for Liz to follow along since while his parents weren’t completely traditionalists, they were definitely strict on table manners and etiquette. He cut into his poached egg and salmon on an English muffin. He wasn’t a huge fan of having brunch with his family just because he was the type to rather sleep in and survive off coffee.

“So Logan, Elizabeth,” Mrs. Delgado began. “How did you two meet?”

In the middle swallowing, the question was so unexpected, it caused him to choke slightly before drowning down the food with his coffee as he berated his chest while coughing wildly. “Excuse me,” he managed to say in between his coughs. Logan drank some more coffee before leaning back and looking at Elizabeth with a teasing smirk. They were suppose to play pretend in front of his mother so he had to be more creative than it was a one night stand, ma.

His smirk lingered a little bit longer before he went off to tell his story. “Well, it was a dark and rainy night,” Logan tried to recall the night he met her. Sure he couldn’t remember much of the details but he remembered what caught his attention. That night, her steel grey eyes were mesmerizing yet drowning with sorrow resembling the weather outside. It might be the curiosity that got him to approach her and it was definitely the alcohol goading him on. Whatever happened during their time together, he would never remember but there were small flashes of memory that often comes up as dreams. He was never sure if they were conjured from his wishes or from his mind.

“She caught my eye and I wanted her to be my girl. And the rest is history.”

He ended rather anticlimactically which caused Mrs. Delgado to turn to Elizabeth expectingly. “Oh honey. I’m sure it was more romantic that that. Have you guys considered living together? After dating, it would be marriage. You guys already have a kid, it shouldn’t be too soon!”

Logan liked his bachelor’s pad and he intended to keep it that way forever. He turned to look at Elizabeth before shaking his head lightly and discretely. No, he mouthed to her. That would be a disaster. He couldn’t imagine where Elizabeth would sleep and he was still her boss. That would be wildly inappropriate. While he likes being around her, Logan couldn't imagine actually being in a real relationship with another. He wasn't sure what to call Elizabeth and while he wanted to be in Ben's life, all he wanted was freedom. What if she tied him down but...what scared him the most was...He almost didn't mind it? He liked her company and that was the alarming part.

He couldn't possibly be attracted to her? Could he?

Sasil Sasil

Moving from her awkward standing position to sitting on a rather soft cusiony chair, Elizabeth swallowed slightly harder than she had first anticipated. In all honesty she figured that the two of them would chatter, and she would just get to eat the little she was determined to eat. And silence, she hoped for some kind of silence but alas, that was a futile wish. After all, why wouldn’t she had predicted that Ms. Delgado would be anything else but like Logan?

Barely had time for the food to be set on the table before the questions of there ‘relationship’, if one wanted to call it that, where fired there way. No matter, she was good at playing things off. At least most of the time and this time she had Logan on her side so he had to have better way of telling stories. That had to be one of the main reasons she had let him in her bed in the first place. Although, if she thought truthfully about it, she had been so lonely and drunk anyone would have gotten her pants off. She was just lucky to find the lying and charismatic one.

What a lucky girl she had been.

At the first question Liz rose a slight eyebrow towards Logan, he had seemed to make a point at her using manners at least with the way he started to eat before she had. What did he think she was? Some kind of animal with no type of manners? With a quick sip of her coffee she let it click against the glass plate before shaking her head a little chuckle leaving her lips.

If they had to play along, let them play. “He over simplifies it/” she gave a small smirk towards him. “We met on that night alright, but I remember turning him down a few times. He had to really earn my affection. Meeting at bars wasn’t what I wanted, not when it comes to finding someone to date anyways, but Logan likes to keep at the things he wants.” She looked to him a moment. Feeling completely truthful about that statement.

He was charming, good looking man. He knew what he wanted and he normally got what he wanted. In this case, he had but even after three or so years since they had seen each other he hadn’t changed. Maybe a little less like a douche but he had grown up.

“His smirk doesn’t help though.” Elizabeth added in not sure why she would make such a comment. At feeling the slight twinge of embarrassment she quickly took a sip of her coffee only to a few seconds later to choke on the sweet beverage that gave her life so many times. Now though? It wanted to kill her.

“M-Move in? Uhh.” Taking a quick glance towards Logan he seemed to be having the same reaction she was having and shook her head trying her best to laugh it off. His mother didn’t seem to be having it though and promptly crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well, I don’t think it is weird to ask such a question. How long have the two of you been dating?” The question was shot quickly and Liz took another bite of food hoping to come up with a better answer once she had something in her stomach other then the little bit of coffee she had just drank.

“A few...weeks?” Rubbing the back of her neck she sighed looking to the table. Shit, this wasn’t going very well. Oh well, at least Ben wasn’t there to make matters worse. She loved her kid but she knew very well that he would blab stuff that wasn’t supposed to be blabbed. Not yet anyways.

Polaris. Polaris.

He was so close to retorting, playing fire with fire, adding the oil into the everlasting flame between the two of them. He wanted to be suggestive, in a casual flirty way. “C’mon El, admit it, you found my charming self endearing. You can’t resist a Delgado.” But her confession about dating and not interested in a one night stand kept him quiet. Did she wanted something more? Was he the reason why she was hesitating about telling Ben about his father? But a random compliment about his smirk only caused him to twitch the upper corners of his lips out of surprised. His fingers drummed on the table much to his mother’s annoyance and overall, he was glad that Elizabeth was backing him up on this. They were both victims of an intoxicated night and while she never blamed him for knocking her up, he did something neither of them could ever change. But he felt incredibly blessed knowing he has a son and that Elizabeth taught him everything Logan hoped he could’ve.

His mother began asking more questions and unfortunately, Elizabeth and he didn’t come up with a game plan before the meeting. Before she knew it, Elizabeth stepped into mother’s trap and Logan was discreetly moving his hand across his throat back and forth to indicate to her not to answer the question. But she wasn’t paying attention as she rubbed the back of her neck.

“You’ve only been dating a few weeks? But Logan told me otherwise,” his mother shot him a disdained look and he smiled back hesitantly.

“It’s only been exclusive for a few weeks,” he added, nodding as if he recovered himself. “You know, we both had flings here and there before she realized I was her true love,” he said, swallowing down his laughter. “Isn’t that right, love?

He could feel it, the room suddenly got tensed as all eyes turned to look at Elizabeth expectingly. “Oh that’s so sweet!” his mom exclaimed as if it was the first time she has ever heard such a corny confession.

“She can’t live without me, something along those lines,” Logan added, waving his hands dismissively. He began finishing up his food before his phone started vibrating and ringing in his pocket. Logan stood up to excuse himself leaving his mom and Elizabeth alone in the dining room.

He swiped his finger across is phone, answering the call before hearing an unfamiliar feminine voice over the phone. “Hi, this is Logan speaking.”

“Logan! I’m Irene from the daycare, we have a slight issue.”

“Daycare? Sorry ma’am, I don’t work a daycare and I’m not planning on that either,” he replied, his brows furrowed in confusion. Why the hell was a daycare center calling him? Couldn’t they find some other nanny to recruit?

“No no no, this is about Ben. He’s currently in daycare right now and he didn’t want me to call his mom in case he worried her. But he hit his fellow friend due to an argument between them. He won’t talk to me and the friend’s mom is upset, wanting you to come here. Could you please get to the daycare as soon as possible?”

“What? What happened? Wait, how did he get my number?” That sly little boy.

“Mr. Logan that really isn’t important right now. Please get here as soon as possible.”

“Understood. I’ll be there in ten.”

Hanging up, he figured while he should please Ben and not say anything to Elizabeth, she was still his mother after all. She deserved to know everything in his life. Upon stepping back into the living room, Logan hesitated and finally relented. “…Mother, we’ll have to cut this brunch short. Elizabeth and I are going on a rendezvous,” he smiled, signaling her to come over.

“What? Right now? In daylight?” his mom frowned. After a moment of silence and a nod from Logan, she finally sighed. “Please use protection.”

“I won’t make the same mistake twice,” he grinned over his shoulder before pulling Elizabeth up from her chair and escorting her out. “Ben’s in trouble,” he said once they were out of his mother’s earshot. He led her to his car and turned it on before asking her directions to the daycare. “I think he sucker punched someone,” Logan explained. “But the employee won’t tell me anything until we get there.”

He put the call on reverse, driving out of the parking structure, speeding up and away. “I hope it was a mean hook, if he’s going to hit someone, at least it should hurt.”

Being a male and rough in his younger days, Logan wasn’t too surprised about violence while he was pretty sure any other parent would have been horrified to hear that their kid punched someone. When they arrived, they both climbed out of his car and went to check into the daycare as visitors. Entering room 301, Logan found Ben sitting at a corner with red ears, eyes, and an angry puffed out cheeks while the other little boy was crying in the corner.

“What happened here?” Logan asked, trying to gain more information. “Ben, buddy, come here,” he coaxed the small boy. Ben hesitantly inched over and began exploring his story.

“Jake said my dad left me because of my mom and that I have no dad,” Ben folded his arms. “I told him to shut his mouth and shoved him. It’s not my fault.”

Logan turned his head sideways, looking at Elizabeth to see how she wanted to diffuse the situation.

Sasil Sasil

It was to late by the time Elizabeth noticed the gesture of a cutting throat around his neck before the words where out about them dating. She flinched slightly, mostly on the inside at the sudden questions that lingered in the back of her mind and the ones shot between the two. It was in that instant that Liz regretted not coming up with some sort of game plan for this morning. Normally she was so organized, but this was all so sudden and getting lost getting here had really scrambled her brain.

With a slight sigh she rubbed the back of her neck glad in that instant that Logan was at least good to think on his feet unlike her at that moment. Though that little bit of relief was replaced with irritation at his choice of words. Love? Why, of all the words, did he choose that one. Holding in her feelings though she gave him a, somewhat pained, smile back. "Oh yes, love. A few flings but he's the one for me." she reached over patting his hand like people in relationships sometimes did in situations like this. A loving, kind gesture. It was what people did in the movies.

That was the closest to 'love' that she had been in years. Dating had not actually happened at all. men tend to flee when you mention having a child of some kind. But this case was that Elizabeth just didn't trust anyone with something that supported something dangling between there legs.

So, men was a no go for her..

With the older women's excitement though Liz was able to relax a bit, knowing full well the lady seemed to be buying the terribly planned story before them. With that out o the way she took the opportunity to quickly chug more of her coffee that had been set in front of her. It was truly, to early to be having such a conversation without her morning coffee or two. But what was she to say right?

Suddenly he stood up leaving the table with his phone. "wait uh.." Liz called to him a moment before biting the inside of her lip looking to the grandmother of Ben. "The food is really very good." she said quietly, trying to just make idle chit chat. Heaven knew what kind of questions the women would lay on her know that Logan was completely out of the room.

"Thank you my dear. I am very glad to have met you, it's truly remarkable that you where able to get my boy to settle down, so to speak anyways. He is a..spirited one. Gets that from his father." She chuckled into her cup before setting it down softly. "I suppose from me as well. We are all a bunch of stubborn bastards, mean well most of the time." a small shrug was given towards no one in particular before she looked up to Elizabeth with a soft smile. She looked like she was about to say something but at that very moment Logan came into the room seeming upset about something.

Even if his choice of words said otherwise.

With a quick thanking for the food the two of them where off into the car and towards a destination that Elizabeth was unsure about. The moment she found out though her stomach knotted and her heart nearly fell into her gut. "He HIT someone?? Why the hell didn't the school call me? I'm his mother. How did they get your number in the first place?" she asked the question one after another not stopping to breath or allowing Logan the chance to even answer them.

All she could think about was her little boy having actually hitting someone. There had to have been a reason, Ben would never do it out of anything other then anger. While that wasnt the best motivation, she knew he wasnt just a bad kid.

Not the little Ben she knew.

Once entering the school Elizabeth searched the room, finding a puffy faced Ben sitting in the corner, not seeming like himself at all. With a frown she started to wards him trying to think of the words to try and pry the story from his upset lips. Logan, again, beat her to the punch line asking him the same questions she was going to ask but to her surprise Logan got answers.

Answers she really wasn't sure she wanted him to hear just yet.

Was that what the kids and the adults thought about her? That she drove away Ben's dad. How would that have even worked, while she may have been a scatter brain from time to time...it didn't mean that she need a man to do her work for her. But kids where cruel, and since Ben was different without having another adult to look up to, they singled that out.

It hurt to think that Ben was being bullied for something so petty and it was her fault.

"Ben, sweetheart, you know violence isn't the answer when you are feeling upset." Kneeling in front of him, gently she placed a hand on his cheek stroking it gently. "As for your father, you know very well what I have told you of him. You have one, he just...isn't around." she trailed off looking to Logan a moment swallowing hard.

Was this the time to mention the secrete?

No, that was a private speech for at home.

"Does not having a dad trouble you a lot sweetie?" Ben looked to the ground unable to make contact with her a moment his cheeks trembling ever so slightly. "You know...Your mamma didn't grow up with a dad for very long. But, even though he wasn't around I knew he loved me very much. The same goes for your father..."

"But Grandpa..he's up in the sky. Is my daddy up in the sky too?" Ben asked leaning foreword watching Liz with even more of a concerned face.

"No, your father is around. Things are complicated with your father and I, but he is still around." After one more pause she looked to Logan a second more. "Are you okay know? I think you should probably apologies to Jack for what you did."

Ben puffed his cheeks a moment before looking to Elizabeth jumping into her arms with a big hug. "I'm sorry mom."

Polaris. Polaris.

Logan watched the interaction between mother and child, feeling a wash of guilt that he wasn’t there to be a father figure (not that he would be a good one). While he was somewhat happy for Ben who stood up for himself, he knew he had to be a united front with Elizabeth and if that means telling his son that beating up people is bad, so be it. She stole a glance at him and Logan gave her a tight small. I’m sorry, he mouthed knowing that regrets wouldn’t get them anywhere. He decided to stand behind her in silence as she explained her backstory with a shaky voice. His eyes reflected downwards as the exchange got rather depressing fast with talks of heaven and death. Logan always avoided subjects that touched on the darker moments. With every stolen looks, the male couldn’t do anything but provided a tight smile in return. Maybe it was time to tell Ben and even if they don’t tell him, Ben should have some type of father figure. Not to say Elizabeth wasn’t the best mother in the world but sometimes a boy just wanted someone to call dad.

Jack was waved over and the little boy looked towards the ground, angry and upset about the incident. “I’m sorry,” Ben mumbled his apologies half-heartedly. While he knew he was in the wrong, he didn’t like how Jack was talking bad about his dad. When the incident settled, Logan sighed, rubbing his face in exhaustion. Kids were so tiring and he only had one. He couldn’t imagine anyone having triplets or more than one kid. They must have way too much time on their hand.

Ben held both of their hands as they took him to the car before Logan decided to chime in about the fight. “Ben, I want you to know that it’s not okay for Jack to say those things about you. But you shouldn’t get physical with him, alright buddy? If someone bothers you, just don’t listen to them unless they hit you first. Then it’s fair game,” the male held up his pinky. “Promise?”

Ben nodded with tears in his eyes. “Okay. Promise.” He enveloped his little boy into a hug.

“You don’t need a dad,” Logan pinched his little cheeks. “I’ll be here. You have me.”

“Will you be over more?”

“You’ll have to ask your mom that. Let’s go get some ice cream. I think we all need a little break after all of this.”

He strapped Ben firmly in his car before climbing onto the driver’s seat. Logan drove to a small mom and pop place that, in his opinion, sold the best soft serve. He ordered a chocolate for Ben, a vanilla for himself, and waited for Elizabeth to put in her order. Once he paid, they all sat outside on the tables to eat the ice cream. When the dessert was done, he dropped them off at their house. As Ben ran into his house, Logan grabbed Elizabeth’s wrist in order to stop her half way and spun her around to face him. He held her waist to keep her from falling and smiled warmly at the woman before him. “So will I be over more?” he asked, teasingly. “I’m kidding. You don’t have to panic. We should talk more about Ben but you look tired. Have a good day, El. Looks like you’ll be seeing me more than just work.”

He left her with that goodbye greeting.

[Timeskip: Next Saturday at 8 AM]

Logan didn’t know how or why he got roped into chaperoning a bunch of crazy sugar filled kids with Elizabeth. One moment they were talking about work and she somehow managed to distract him while he was working and to make her leave, he said yes. But he wasn’t sure what he said yes to and now he was reeling with regret. The only solace about this whole situation was that Ben was excited he came along with them. “I don’t know what kind of zoo opens at 8 am. Shouldn’t the animals be asleep?” he groaned, not being a morning person definitely didn’t help with the situation.

They were waiting for all the kids to line up before the teacher assigned which kids go to which parents. He turned to Elizabeth, whispering in her ears. “Don’t these parents have something better to do? Like work?”

The teacher threw him a glare to which prompted Logan to return her smile with his own. “Joana, Cecelia, and Eric will be with Ben’s parents!” the teacher said as she ushered the kids over. “Feel free to take your time at the zoo and go your own path. Just make sure everyone stays together! And don’t forget to take pictures!”

As the teacher walked away, Logan groaned realizing he hasn’t had his cup of coffee for the morning. “Oh fucking joy.”

Sasil Sasil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back